Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

gently caress me $90???

Man, I am at a place where I can and need to replace all my cheap Target crap with quality products. Thanks for the recommendation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

gently caress me $90???

Man, I am at a place where I can and need to replace all my cheap Target crap with quality products. Thanks for the recommendation.

If I'm paying $90 for a hoodie it better give me a happy ending.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I know this is the thread for products, but what about services? I need to find a good interstate non-emergency medical transport for my mom. Heading from Maryland to Florida, likely soon. She is invalid & needs O2.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

I know this is the thread for products, but what about services? I need to find a good interstate non-emergency medical transport for my mom. Heading from Maryland to Florida, likely soon. She is invalid & needs O2.

For that long of a ride I'm thinking she'd want a stretcher instead of a wheelchair. You could try contacting AMR or maybe Lifeguard (some big companies I know of), your best bet to know the station/crew is good would be local knowledge though. Unfortunately I'm in TN, you might try asking in the EMS thread. I did a lot of these back when I did EMS full time feel free to PM me.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I think I may need a new wheel for my bike. I rode for awhile on pretty under-inflated tires since I only had my little emergency hand pump and couldn't get the psi up to the recommended range and I think I ended up bending my rear wheel a bit going over some bumps.

What brand or style of wheel should I be looking for? The bike is just a cheapo mountain bike with road tires (26x1.5) and I like to ride to work a couple times per week, around 4 miles each way on paved trails. I very rarely need to go offroad if that matters at all for wheel choice. Just looking for a decent wheel, nothing too fancy, but I am willing to pay a little bit if it helps with avoiding lovely brands.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Unless you have the tools and knowledge on how to true the new wheel you should see if you can find a local bike shop. They should be able to provide you with a low cost option suitable to your bike and needs plus handle the install.

Bonus, they may be able to repair your current wheel.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Anyone have experience with key finding fobs like Tile? I want one for my keys and one for my wallet so I’m thinking about getting the Tile sport/style and a slim. There’s also the Keyringerxl that sounds pretty good for range but maybe not much else.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Snowy posted:

Anyone have experience with key finding fobs like Tile? I want one for my keys and one for my wallet so I’m thinking about getting the Tile sport/style and a slim. There’s also the Keyringerxl that sounds pretty good for range but maybe not much else.

I tried a couple - Tile definitely works a lot better than XY findit.

It's a bit of the pain to change the batteries on tiles but certainly doable.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Tile works. It also has the largest amount of buy-in, so if you are outside of bluetooth range yourself other people with tile will detect and update your items location.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

tangy yet delightful posted:

Unless you have the tools and knowledge on how to true the new wheel you should see if you can find a local bike shop. They should be able to provide you with a low cost option suitable to your bike and needs plus handle the install.

Bonus, they may be able to repair your current wheel.

Yeah, good call. The little bike shop in my town was owned by a crazy hoarder guy and he drat near burnt his business to the ground a couple years ago and closed up shop, so I'm not what my options are locally. Will have to do a little research.

Resonance22
Dec 17, 2006

Snowy posted:

I have one of those slim tiles in my wallet. It's about the same thickness as 3 or 4 credit cards. One thing I like is how it goes both ways: if I misplaced my wallet, my phone can find it. Likewise, if I misplaced my phone instead, I can push a button on the tile to make my phone beep.

That said, I haven't had to use the community type features where other Tile users can help find your stuff. I have received a few notifications that told me I helped other users find their tiles though.

Wirecutter also recommends it: https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-bluetooth-tracker/

Edit: Oh, and the batteries aren't supposed to be replaceable, so you're expected to buy a new tile every year or so.

Resonance22 has a new favorite as of 19:56 on Jun 25, 2018

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Any suggestions for a good card mount that isn't magnetic (typically needs a plate and interferes with my wireless charging) or a suction cup? I drive a 08' GTI with an iPhone 10. I keep seeing the pro-mount being suggested, but that looks like a pain to install and it's expensive. I want something that isn't super bulky and the sheer amount of products available is overwhelming.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm looking for wallpaper that is removable and uses the least amount of plastic possible.

I don't care if it is reusable or not.

Beethovens Fist Symphony
Oct 21, 2008
Oven Wrangler

obi_ant posted:

Any suggestions for a good card mount that isn't magnetic (typically needs a plate and interferes with my wireless charging) or a suction cup? I drive a 08' GTI with an iPhone 10. I keep seeing the pro-mount being suggested, but that looks like a pain to install and it's expensive. I want something that isn't super bulky and the sheer amount of products available is overwhelming.

I mean, the reason you see the proclip (I'm assuming that's what you meant) mounts be suggested is cause they're really good. I've had proclip mounts in 3 various vehicles I've owned, including a Mark VI Golf, and they've all been great. They are definitely comparatively expensive, but installation is brainless and takes like 10 seconds; they just clip into your dashboard.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
My wallet is ten years old and just a basic bifold leather wallet from the mall. I’ve started carrying a lot more plastic and could use something slim, light, and easy to sit on without ruining it.

E: is SlimFold a good brand?

Rolo has a new favorite as of 14:45 on Jul 4, 2018

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Rolo posted:

My wallet is ten years old and just a basic bifold leather wallet from the mall. I’ve started carrying a lot more plastic and could use something slim, light, and easy to sit on without ruining it.

Not sure about slimfold quality but my belroy slim has held up real nicely.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Rolo posted:

Bellroy is pretty good.

Big skinny is good, but their international shipping fees were extortion last time I tried to replace one that gave up the ghost after a few years.

And don’t sit on your wallet, it’s terrible for your back.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Horse Clocks posted:

Bellroy is pretty good.

Big skinny is good, but their international shipping fees were extortion last time I tried to replace one that gave up the ghost after a few years.

And don’t sit on your wallet, it’s terrible for your back.

What if I only sit on soft cushions?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Big Skinny is great, much better for back pockets. You just have to train yourself not to routinely shove garbage in there.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Rolo posted:

Probably not what you’re looking for, but this holds all my cards and is super slim

https://www.saddlebackleather.com/leather-front-pocket-wallet?custcol2=4&custcol3=3&custcol15=1

e: changed link to saddleback, though they also sell through amazon

Red Dad Redemption has a new favorite as of 23:29 on Jul 4, 2018

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

I have used one of these wallets for a few years now and love it.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Wasn't there a thread where people could request for someone to create them an animated user icon? The requested paid for it obviously, but I can't seem to find the thread.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Trying to buy a high-backed desk chair and it's a miserable experience.

I'm not really picky but they all seem to have the same favorability as printers.

$200 or less, preferably. Those GAMING chairs keep coming up but they looks like a racecar threw up over a Razr mouse.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Really nothing good in that price range. The only real option at that price point is Ikea Markus or something because of their warranty.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

You can get a decent chair that price on Craigslist if you happen to time it with a local office going out of business.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

There's an office chair thread but they'll probably say the same things: Ikea or Craigslist, or find an office furniture liquidator. I got a chair that retails for $900 for $130 from one near me.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’m looking for something to listen to audio while sleeping. I’ve seen headbands with earbuds in them and things with speakers that you slide under your pillow, but haven’t tried any of them yet. I have tried putting an earbud under the pillow which was great but I end up feeling like the princess and the pea- that little earbud was annoying under my thinnish pillow. I’m hoping there’s something less obtrusive.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Snowy posted:

I’m looking for something to listen to audio while sleeping. I’ve seen headbands with earbuds in them and things with speakers that you slide under your pillow, but haven’t tried any of them yet. I have tried putting an earbud under the pillow which was great but I end up feeling like the princess and the pea- that little earbud was annoying under my thinnish pillow. I’m hoping there’s something less obtrusive.

I use AirPods and they’re extremely comfortable as a side sleeper. They come out by the time I wake up but they’re always just under me. This is irrelevant if you don’t use an iOS device of course.

Lots of people love SleepPhones.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Kilometers Davis posted:

I use AirPods and they’re extremely comfortable as a side sleeper. They come out by the time I wake up but they’re always just under me. This is irrelevant if you don’t use an iOS device of course.

Lots of people love SleepPhones.

I’ve tried earbuds in my ears but then I end up waking up wondering why my face hurts then realizing I’ve been sleeping for hours with an earbud pressed into my cheekbone.

Any idea how thick the speakers in the sleepphones are?

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Snowy posted:

I’ve tried earbuds in my ears but then I end up waking up wondering why my face hurts then realizing I’ve been sleeping for hours with an earbud pressed into my cheekbone.

Any idea how thick the speakers in the sleepphones are?

I have one of the Bluetooth SleepPhones and found them comfy as a side/stomach sleeper. The speakers are flat, pretty thin, and embedded in a cloth/felt material. The battery pack and charging port are in a small, rubberized plastic rectangle in the back that's a bit thicker but still not bad. They also double pretty well as a sleep mask. The only problem I had was keeping them in place but I'm a pretty active sleeper so if you don't move around a ton in your sleep, you probably won't have that problem.

I looked into upgrading to the Kokoon Headphones but instead switched to a white noise machine to cover road noise and my wife's snoring and when I want to sleep to music I just play it through a bedside Sonos. But the Kokoons may be worth a look as well.

Lawen has a new favorite as of 16:11 on Jul 8, 2018

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Which (hand) dishwashing soap should I buy?

Which insoles should I buy? I'm on my feet a lot for work.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

colas posted:

Which (hand) dishwashing soap should I buy?

Which insoles should I buy? I'm on my feet a lot for work.

I like Meyers for hand soap.

Get some green superfeet or whichever superfeet works for you. They rock.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Not hand, dish. Meyer's does smell good though.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

colas posted:

Not hand, dish. Meyer's does smell good though.

(Blue) Dawn. The original and the best.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Meyer's make a dish soap too. We use it and like it but also just use it to prewash stuff before it goes in the dishwasher and the occasional pan that doesn't fit in the dishwasher. Should be fine for hand washing everything though and it does smell nice.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Nephzinho posted:

You can get a decent chair that price on Craigslist if you happen to time it with a local office going out of business.

Yeah I got a steelcase leap off a liquidator for 180 bucks, they washed the fabric and everything. Only issue is now two years in the chair likes to sink and stick to the lowest position when I go on long trips and it doesn’t get used (I have to pick it up and pretty much shake the legs out) so it probably needs a new cylinder but it absolutely won’t be covered by their warranty.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

What is the nicest black t-shirt I can buy?

What's the best t-shirt, printed or blank you own?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Weirdly enough my favorite is a generic one I got from Fred Meyer/Kroger. Nice and thick and surprisingly breezy. I'll try to find the brand when I get home.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Weirdly enough my favorite is a generic one I got from Fred Meyer/Kroger. Nice and thick and surprisingly breezy. I'll try to find the brand when I get home.

Thank you. I don't have a Fred Meyer or Kroger around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

colas posted:

What is the nicest black t-shirt I can buy?

What's the best t-shirt, printed or blank you own?

Someone gave me a NASA logo shirt from Hank Player last xmas and it's the most comfy tee I own. It's just the right medium weight and felt broken in from day one, but 7 months in hasn't shown any sign of falling apart. I've been meaning to order a couple blank tees from them.

I also like the Out of Print tees a lot but they don't make blanks afaik. Really comfy though and I like having shirts with classic book covers on them.