Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

you expect gw to treat us filthy colonials like human beings?

Oh you’re Australian? Your bitterness toward GW makes so much more sense now. There really isn’t any way to justify their prices down there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TKIY posted:

Yeah, it's actually reasonable.

If you are in Canada, depending on province, Thunder Games seems to be the cheapest. If you are outside Ontario, they are GST only, 15% off and free shipping at $200.

Huh thanks. I need to check the Price vs the normal store.

Edit:Man it's way better like nearly 70 bucks off what I am trying to get. I am going to cancel my order and get it from there instead.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 17, 2018

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Pendent posted:

Oh you’re Australian? Your bitterness toward GW makes so much more sense now. There really isn’t any way to justify their prices down there.

no im american :911:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

Huh thanks. I need to check the Price vs the normal store.

Edit:Man it's way better like nearly 70 bucks off what I am trying to get. I am going to cancel my order and get it from there instead.

Yeah I support my FLGS most times but for big orders is hard to turn down what is basically a 23% discount.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Played in an AoS 1 sendoff tournament today, 2k points 3 rounds. I brought my Spiderfang Grots with a Colossal Squig ally. I won all 3 matches, somehow, but failed to place due to the tournament's secondary objective scoring.

Round 1: vs Fyreslayers. Duality of Death. Major Victory. My spiders move twice as fast as the dwarfs and I had good terrain in my deployment that I took good advantage of.

Round 2: vs Slaves to Darkness (using Tzeentch allegiance). Knife to the Heart. Minor Victory. He underestimated my ability to cover the 18" between us in the first battle round. I got that charge off and we spent the entire game in a mosh pit near his objective.

Round 3: vs Legion of Sacrament. Scorched Earth. Major Victory, but complete loss on secondary objectives. Only reason I won was because my opponent rolled a 1 to burn one of my objectives and we ended early due to time. Legions of Nagash is maybe my hardest matchup, its hard to deal with all the debuffs and I have to play a lot more carefully than I did.

a much better showing than I expected. Normally I run a couple pieces of gitmob artillery (which would have helped against Arkhan the Black a lot) but I wanted to play that Squig, and the Squig ended up being a pretty decent 16-wound cruise missile.

Here's the 3 fully painted armies we had for the paint contest, mine included. The Daughters of Khaine took the top place in tournament points.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Wow, I honestly think you should have won the painting? Love the color coded spider groupings. Just a neat army.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Disciples of Tzeentch
Magical ISIS. Cults that worship the God of Magic, and the various daemons they summon. Extremely ranged focused, and some of the most powerful magic in the game. Can be run as a horde of human cultists all the way to a fairly elite army of mutants and sanity-damaging monsters. As an army special rule, they can "see the future" and essentially cheat by being able to switch out the result of dice rolls.

Play Disciples of Tzeentch if:
- You like magic.
- You like the idea of transforming your enemies into gibbering masses of flesh.
- You like bird motifs.
- You're fine with the fact that most armies will beat you handily in hand-to-hand, providing they make it there.

Real world ISIS, Archer ISIS, or both?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Real world. They use magic to disguise themselves as normal people, and use sabotage and guerilla attacks. Then enough of them get together to summon daemons or do some other crazy rituals.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

AnEdgelord posted:

tbh every warhammer mini I see in person is smaller than I thought they would be

I got my first Daemon Prince a few months ago and I was shocked at how teeny tiny it is

That is because we are used to seeing them enlarged on screen. I'm the same way and have to remind myself that 32mm is just a tad over an inch.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Given Tzeenech, I'm sure there's a touch of the Archer ISIS in there too.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Well I've got a couple of the new Stormcast Sequitors, here's my build and review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvS7hVr58vY

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

GreenMarine posted:

Wow, I honestly think you should have won the painting? Love the color coded spider groupings. Just a neat army.

I did get the painting prize, but only because the DoK got the 1st place in gameplay prize. I’m fine with that. This was the first time the DoK player had his snakes fully painted and my spiders won best painted at this store 2 months ago already.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

TKIY posted:

Yeah I support my FLGS most times but for big orders is hard to turn down what is basically a 23% discount.

I feel terrible for you guys, my FLGS is a 20% discount on all GW by default

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, visited one of the shops around town and managed to snag a cauldron of blood! Old box, so all square bases, but I have enough extra rounds to not worry about. Managed to pick up some extra kits too, since they are the cheapest shop for warhammer in the area. Revenge of the snakeboobs!

The only thing I'm not a fan of in the new book is how all the men are simps. Executioners worked with the witch elves in the fluff and they are great models, so hopefully they allow Daughters to take them as well.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

shoplifter posted:

I feel terrible for you guys, my FLGS is a 20% discount on all GW by default

You're lucky. The one local store that gives a discount is on a sliding scale - 10% for over $50, 15% for over $100. I mean, it's cool they do that, but with a 7% tax rate, it isn't enough to make me want to shop there in a regular basis (though I do try to buy something ever time I go.)

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

berzerkmonkey posted:

You're lucky. The one local store that gives a discount is on a sliding scale - 10% for over $50, 15% for over $100. I mean, it's cool they do that, but with a 7% tax rate, it isn't enough to make me want to shop there in a regular basis (though I do try to buy something ever time I go.)

My FLGS doesn't do any discount unless you pre-order. And then they gently caress up the pre-order and blame it on the distributor when you don't have your stuff. So I buy online from someone else's FLGS.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I'm going to stop myself from buying the new core set until all my shadespire warbands and stormcast half of the original box are done

It's been pretty good motivation so far!

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

berzerkmonkey posted:

You're lucky. The one local store that gives a discount is on a sliding scale - 10% for over $50, 15% for over $100.

Oh, for sure. They also give a store discount that is based on your lifetime purchases. I'm slightly ashamed to say I'm at 15% across the board.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Hosts of Slaanesh
Followers of the god of excess, perfection, and partying, birthed by the high elves getting a little out of control. (Good job, elves.) They seek to either free or replace their god, who’s currently imprisoned. (Good job, elves.)
How Do They Play?
Hosts of Slaanesh is all about battlefield positioning. They have little in the way of shooting attacks or spells. To make up for this, they’re some of the fastest units in the game and many of their units have some way to reduce incoming damage by modifying your opponent’s hit rolls. They otherwise tend to hit hard, but crumble when the attacks do make it through.
Play Hosts of Slaanesh if:
  • You gotta go fast.
  • Like engaging the enemy on your terms.
  • You want to have multiple generals or one extra powerful one.
  • You like snakes with boobs.

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS
The LGS closest to me charges MSRP for AoS stuff, which is dumb. There's two other shops within an additional 10 or 15 minute drive that do 20% discounts, and a few more throughout the city. The LGS has got the biggest gaming space, and are in a good location, so if they'd bother to try to match their competitors' prices they could probably pretty easily take a lion's share of the local market. Instead they've mostly moved paints and datafiles instead of kits, and grouse about it constantly.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Booyah- posted:

I'm going to stop myself from buying the new core set until all my shadespire warbands and stormcast half of the original box are done

It's been pretty good motivation so far!

Nice rats

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

My local games store randomly decides models are 20% off. It's not posted, they just tell you when they think you aren't planning on buying models but look interested.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SpikeMcclane posted:

Hosts of Slaanesh
Followers of the god of excess, perfection, and partying, birthed by the high elves getting a little out of control. (Good job, elves.) They seek to either free or replace their god, who’s currently imprisoned. (Good job, elves.)

Slaanesh was not created by Elves getting out of control in fantasy. He was just always there like the other Chaos gods.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
The Elves were drawn to worshipping Slaanesh via the Cults of Pleasure however.

Thanks Morathi.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SpikeMcclane posted:

Hosts of Slaanesh
How Do They Play?
Hosts of Slaanesh is all about battlefield positioning. They have little in the way of shooting attacks or spells. To make up for this, they’re some of the fastest units in the game and many of their units have some way to reduce incoming damage by modifying your opponent’s hit rolls. They otherwise tend to hit hard, but crumble when the attacks do make it through.
Play Hosts of Slaanesh if:
  • You gotta go fast.
  • Like engaging the enemy on your terms.
  • You want to have multiple generals or one extra powerful one.
  • You like snakes with boobs.

Excuse me sir, I play Daughters of Khaine for the snake boobs.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

LordAba posted:

Excuse me sir, I play Daughters of Khaine for the snake boobs.

Its a size preference thing. You play DoK if you're ok with c-cups but you go to slaanesh for the double d's

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SteelMentor posted:

The Elves were drawn to worshipping Slaanesh via the Cults of Pleasure however.

Thanks Morathi.

Morathi also appears to be the one reviving Slaanesh in in the current setting.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MonsterEnvy posted:

To be fair, I don't think she is meaning to do it. It's just... Morathi cannot unfuck something up when it can be hosed up.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

MonsterEnvy posted:

Slaanesh was not created by Elves getting out of control in fantasy. He was just always there like the other Chaos gods.

Oh, cool. I was never up on my old world lore.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Speaking of discounts, I ordered the Tzeentch Daemon SC for £37.50 today.

:getin:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

LordAba posted:

To be fair, I don't think she is meaning to do it. It's just... Morathi cannot unfuck something up when it can be hosed up.

Yeah but both her and Malekith don't seem too bothered about it.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 18, 2018

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

MonsterEnvy posted:

Nah, her attempts to steal more soul juice for herself are weakening the glamours on Slaanesh's prison.

Not that she seems to care much, just means more Slaaneshi bands for her gals to murderate.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SteelMentor posted:

Nah, her attempts to steal more soul juice for herself are weakening the glamours on Slaanesh's prison.

Not that she seems to care much, just means more Slaaneshi bands for her gals to murderate.

Not quite it actully dragged Slaanesh's prison closer to Ulgu, and eventually maybe entirely into that realm.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
what happened to malekith anyway

i know the best dark elf, malus darkblade, is dead and gone

is there like a comprehensive list of the fates of everyone post the sigmaring

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
He’s still around, they just changed his name to not get sued. Malekith, Teclis and Tyrion all ascended to godhood and are currently running around trying to rebuild the elves.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Clawtopsy posted:

Malekith fused with his dragon and now rules the realm of shadow as Malerion. Or maybe that's a yugioh thing idk

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

He’s still around, they just changed his name to not get sued. Malekith, Teclis and Tyrion all ascended to godhood and are currently running around trying to rebuild the elves.

They probably would not have been sued anyway given that he is still called Malekith in Total War and such.

It's also weird as he is the only God that goes by a different name now.

Clawtopsy posted:

Here is a list of the old characters still around in Age of Sigmar that I remember

First off are the Primary Gods.
Sigmar God of the Heavens.
Tyrion God of Light. Along with lesser God Teclis
Malekith (Now calling himself Malerion) God of Shadows
Alarielle God of Life.
Grungni God of Metel.
Grimnir God of Fire. (Who got himself killed fighting the greatest of Salamanders.)
Gorkamorka God of Beasts. (He is just Gork and Mork when they agree on things, when they disagree and fight they turn back into two.)
Nagash God of Death.

After that other old characters and survivors
Gotrek (with his new book, were he is going to go and look for Felix who may have also survived.)
Thanquol (Yet to do anything)
Archaon
The Glottkin
Mannfred von Carstein.
Neferata
Arkhan the Black
Vlad von Carstein (Yet to do anything)
Morathi
Celestant Prime (He is a character from the Old World we just don't know who he is. Maybe Karl Franz?)
Lord Kroak
Sotek
Kroq-Gar (Though he has yet to do anything.)
The Council of Thirteen from Fantasy (Who all became Verminlords.)
Drycha Hamadreth

And those are all of the confirmed not outright Daemon returning characters that I can recall.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I was thinking the Celestant Prime was explicitly reincarnated Karl Franz?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

S.J. posted:

I was thinking the Celestant Prime was explicitly reincarnated Karl Franz?

I don't think it's explicit from what I recall, but it's the main theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Didn't the Lizardmen go all Final Fantasy X and become dreams or something?