Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

dudeness posted:

Male Fujoshi? Fubroshi?

the word ur searching for is 'creep'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
My boyfriend [27 M] told me [21 F] to stop giving my number out in bars. Some guy at the bar got angry with me for not giving him my number, and I'm upset with my boyfriend for telling me what to do without understanding the situation[new] (self.relationships)

quote:

Sometimes at bars, I'll be polite to someone hitting on me because you never know when you'll meet someone who won't take no for an answer.

A week ago, my boyfriend found out I give my number out if asked, with no intention of replying to texts or picking up calls, I just would rather avoid a conflict. I told him a lot of my friends do the same, but he said it sounded like an excuse, and I shouldn't be giving out my number at bars. I said I'd stop.

Anyway, this weekend, I went out with my friend and some guy was hitting on me, and got kinda mad when I wouldn't give him my number.

Later, The friend I'd gone out with had gone to hook up with someone, so when I left the bar, I left alone.

The guy followed me outside to where I was waiting for a uber, and he was belligerently drunk, and yelling at me calling me names. I pepper sprayed him.

I was freaked out obviously, and my night just got worse when the uber driver wouldn't let me in because I'd gotten some pepper spray on my clothes and I reeked. I had to walk to the bus alone, jumpy as hell, and take an hour long bus ride home with the pepper spray on me burning my eyes.

I called my boyfriend on the bus, drunk and fed up, and basically told him "gently caress you for thinking you know better than me, I did what you wanted and look what happened"

And he just didn't get it, he asked why I'd used pepper spray on a guy who was just dissing me, who didn't seem to be getting violent. I got upset and said he had no idea what could have happened if I hadn't acted, and I didn't regret getting out of there.

I don't remember everything he said, since I was drunk and jumpy with adrenaline, but he was super condescending, like he knew what I should have done better than I did. I was upset he was so unsympathetic and I hung up.

We talked again when I was sober, and he basically said it was a bad choice of mine to pepper spray someone when I was really drunk, and probably my judgement was compromised.

I said someone was scaring me, and anyway I wouldn't have been in that situation if he hadn't told me to stop accepting numbers, so he had no say in what I do.

I'm still so maf about how my boyfriend acted about everything, he seems to think there's an easy answer to everything "Why don't you just stop giving out your number?" "Why didn't you just tell the bouncer what was happening" "Why didn't you just wash up and call another uber instead of taking the bus?"

How can I get him to butt out??

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
lol men are sooooooooooo dumb jesus, it's incredible. like, just think for a minute,, but no, just endless armchair philosophic idiocy about situations we could never fully understand

y'all seriously need to figure out getting us outta the equation (cuz we'll never take the noble option ourselves) because lol we make ur lives worse in like every way :(

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I remember once telling someone about a situation when I was younger when I was in a ton of danger and he also conveniently listed off a number of things I could have/should have done if I'd "had any brains". As he was well aware, I was recounting a story from when I was eight years old, and also I DID make a better decision than he was suggesting I should have done. God I was mad.

Nothing like recounting a childhood trauma and have someone tell you that basically it's your fault for not 11th dimensional chessing a dangerous person when you are in elementary school.

(different guy than you are thinking)

Pick fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 18, 2018

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
My girlfriend finally revealed why I [31M] wasn't allowed at her place...

quote:

We have been together for 3 years and a half, and became sexually active 2/3 months into our relationship. She's a few years older than me, divorced. Instead this is my first relationship ever, and I'm way less experienced.

We meet about 2/3 times every week and just in the last year we travelled abroad 4 times. I love her and try to be kind/please her often. She also cares for me and treats me with small gifts. Besides a couple of weird things, I'm happy to realize that we seem to manage our differences and haven't had any problems undermining our relationship compared with other relationships without passion or in which the pair always nags/criticizes each other. Obviously things aren't always 100% happy, but we always made amends quite quickly.

A few months ago she finally met my family (I haven't met hers yet: they're more than 6000km away and there's no direct flight). Though we aren't living together yet, she has multiple times asked if we'll get married once we'll have been living together for long enough.

The main weird thing was how I've never been able to visit her place (we always meet outside or at my place), and I was not even allowed to know her home address (until yesterday). She made some excuses about extremely strict landlord rules (due to her taking care for the place and paying a fraction of market price) and needing her own space, as well as being afraid of some stalking exes. Knowing about it was just something that got pushed in the future again and again.

Pushing her on it was just souring things and not accomplishing much. But recently I caught her out lying about a recent trip, and I set an ultimatum: no more hiding anything anymore, otherwise she'd return my flat's keys.

So, it turns out that she's still married with whom she previously referred to as her ex-boyfriend. They live in separate rooms and haven't had sex in 5 years. They're married since almost 8 years.

This was a bit shocking, but it explains all the weird things: why I couldn't visit, why she hesitated to move over to me, why she couldn't spend with me several days in a row (except the holidays).

She's apparently quite stuck in a loveless relationship: besides the lack of sex, she's not allowed to have friends over, she cannot use/drive the car that they have (she's learning for a driving license just now), she received some harsh words when she paid for a coffee from their joint account, they never cook for each other (they just cook for one and eat outside often), etc.etc. While she confessed this she was crying, and I was also brought to tears a bit.

That said, I don't like the idea of having another person's wife cheat on him with me and neither I want myself to be the cause for another relationship to be over.

But I'm not keen either on walking away, she recommitted her love to me and I would be hurting her a lot. We're invested in this relationship and, besides this hurdle, everything looks like it would work out. On the other hand, if I had to make the same decision 3.5 years ago, when I just met her, I wouldn't have pursued a relationship and this is hypocritical of me, given that even if I was not aware until now, the situation was exactly the same. The only difference is that we're now invested in this relationship.

It seems that he mentioned to her that they could divorce 4 years ago. Less than 1 year ago he also proposed her to meet his parents (that hasn't happened yet, they live in yet another place 7000+km away) but she declined since she's been thinking of leaving him recently. She hasn't done it yet for 2 main reasons:

1 - She was not 100% sure that our relationship would work out (we've done some small mistakes in the past, those things that I previously mentioned we have amended), and moving from a stable situation to an uncertain one is understandably difficult. 2 - She would be in substantial financial difficulty: she currently sends almost 1/4th of her net salary to her parents back home and currently doesn't have to pay rent (which would be more than half her net salary for a 1-bedroom). Point 1 compounds this second point: if I can help her out in case she might lose her job, it would be much better than having to handle everything on her own.

I recognize that hiding things for so long is quite bad, but the aversion of loss that caused her not to leave him/confess earlier is actually very similar to the reason for my mistake: not pushing her to clarify and force her to show me her place, due to fear of losing her. So I've instead been overly patient and accomodating.

Anyhow, I explicitly told her that I don't want to be the reason for her breakup with him, but given that she's been thinking of leaving him already, she said that she'll probably do it in July/August. She also said that now she came to terms with the fact that she doesn't want to spend the rest of her life with him, and she's thus going to leave him, even if we wouldn't continue our relationship.

Obviously, if she won't leave him by the date that she's committing to, I would find the situation unsustainable, and it would be much better for me to walk away rather than sticking around and be an unwanted third wheel. But assuming she'll go along with what she said, this whole situation might get resolved soon, and I'll just need to help her in the transition (I don't expect a divorce to ever be an easy thing). It'll just be unpleasant to think about for a couple of months, as well as being unfair on the other guy (which I've never met).

What do you think?

Do you have experience in similar situations in which you've been in the same place as me?

How would you handle this?

TL;DR; : After 3+ years in a stable, monogamous relationship, I discovered that my girlfriend is married with another guy (which she's going to divorce soon).

you loving moron

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

corn on the cop posted:

you loving moron

it's not a "stable monogamous relationship" if she's married to someone else :milk:

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

Pick posted:

a lot of guys don't actually care that much, they put their dillies in anything warm, like a cantaloupe

Before the modern age women were considered “le gendre hornieux” pick

Barudak
May 7, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

Haha, I think, I am so clever. Other men would take one look at this crumbling staircase leading into the darkness and avoid it, but I those fools overlooked that every staircase has a bottom.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I [21M] broke up with my girlfriend [21F] of 3 years... How to deal with blowback from her friends?

quote:

Me and my now ex-girlfriend had been dating for 3 years. Prior to dating me, she had dated one other person for 2 years.

During our relationship we had a few arguments from time to time but for the most part, we had a solid relationship. However, I always had clear boundaries - she knew that and respected them. We both respected each others boundaries.

Well, last week while we were both at my place she gets herself dressed up a little bit and heads out. I don't know why at the time I didn't question why she was dressed up, but that was because I pretty much glued to the TV for that time. More importantly, I didn't think I'd need to even question why she was dressing up. If she wants to look nice then thats fine with me.

About 2 hours later she gets back and I ask her where she had been, and she says ''went to catch up with an old friend''. I ask her who and she flat out tells me that she went for drinks with her ex, that she just wanted to see how he was doing. Keep in mind, she had not properly met up with him since their break-up. This confused the hell out of me. What made her think that its appropriate to go for drinks with an ex? I'd never even consider doing something like that.

I ask her why she thought it was acceptable to do that and she defends herself by saying that they were only catching up as friends and they both wanted to see how each other were doing. This to me, was a boundary that had been crossed and I was not going to forgive that. I told her right there and then that we are done for good.

She broke down at that moment and began to cry a lot, asking ''Why'' etc. She said how can I throw away 3 years over something as insignificant as that and be so cold, but to me it was not insignificant. I have my boundaries and she crossed them. I wasn't going to negotiate and told her to leave. My phone started to blow up with texts from her and poo poo so I just blocked her on everything.

Since then her friends have been annoying the poo poo out of me, bordering on harassment even (maybe this is an exaggeration, but still). They've been calling me too, so I blocked them as well. But now the problem is that they are just chatting crap about me to their other friends who are loosely in my social circle, saying how I'm a psycho for dumping her over nothing, clearly distorting my actual reasoning. Some of my ex's friends have been shouting abuse at me while I'm at work (I work as a bartender) and its just really poo poo.

How do I deal with this?

TLDR - Broke up with girlfriend of 3 years because she went for drinks to 'catch up' with her ex, which I found extremely inappropriate. I held my ground and blocked my girlfriend on everything, now her friends have been annoying me and it is bordering on harassment. How do I deal with this?

The elaboration:

quote:

She had only dated 1 person prior to me and the meet-up she had was the first time she had seen him since they broke up. Casually meeting up with an ex that you haven't seen since you last broke up with them more than 3 years ago is something that should be discussed with me. Instead all she gave me was a very vague ''catching up with an old friend''. How disrespectful.

Its not the same as a situation where a couple break up on good terms and keep in contact regularly.

And was she aware? Its not like we discussed the exes policy, both of us had only dated 1 person prior to meeting each other and both of us hadn't spoke to our exes since our break-up.

So, you never discussed an exes policy, but nuke the relationship over it.

Guy’s a wannabe Pete.

I’m on friendly terms with an ex, and we catch up every now and again, so I’m sure I’m a little biased.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 18, 2018

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

corn on the cop posted:

you loving moron

i found a picture of ur relationship

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My sister [34f] is trying to tag along to my Sea World trip with her son [4male]. I am [25f]

quote:

My sister Kel does not have friends. She likes to think everyone in her life loves being around her and her son. I cannot stand being in the same room with Kel for more than five minutes.

Kel is the exact opposite of me. I am really shy, she is outgoing to the point of annoyance. She is intense, aggressive, and annoying. Nephew is being raised with terrible manners, but I understand no four year old will be perfect. But he can be destructive and she does nothing to parent him. So its not a good combination.

I have since tried to keep my life away from her own. I have a boyfriend, good friends, and have made my own little family outside of my biological one. My parents were not abusive, but they were not involved much in my life. I was the 'lucky' kid who got money but no rules. If I did not have my aunt telling me how to be a good person, I might have turned out pretty badly.

My parents have always been willing to give us money when we needed it, but it makes me uncomfortable. Now they have retired and no longer offer any support, because they are spending it all on themselves. Which is their right, 100%. I have no issue with it, I make my own money and save pretty well.

It is just that my sister has taken this badly. They send cards for holidays, no presents, and have never asked to see their grandson. I have been told by them that they are glad I do not have kids, because they don't want to raise anymore kids. I don't really want kids, but in the future if I do change my mind I won't force my parents upon anyone.

I have been really involved in the life of my friend, Alexa (31f). She has two daughters (twins) who are 11. Kayla and Taylor are smart, articulate, and call me Auntie. This drives my sister up a wall, because I can't stand her or her son. I really have tried. I went to therapy with her and the pressure from her to be everything she needs from our parents, her lack of friends, and her ideal family (which won't happen ever, in reality, because no one is that giving).

Alexa is the sister I always wanted but never got. She is willing to watch my pets when I got on a trip. She helped me out with applications, invites me to every holiday at her home, and calls me her sister to everyone. We even look a bit alike. She is also giving, generous, loving, and artsy. She has gotten me job interviews that I would have never gotten on my own.

In exchange I try to help her out when she needs it. I take the girls with me on Holiday so she can have a romantic time with her husband. They have a dog at my house (since their apartment does not allow for one) and I pick them up on Friday nights and spend time with them.

I feel completely at home with Alexa.

Despite trying to include my sister in my life, it just is not working. We fight, we argue, she has tried to borrow things without asking (like nice heels I use for work and keep in a box). She makes good money on her own and just has too much time on her hands. My sister is married, but her husband travels and doesn't really seem to spend time with her. I think he is cheating, but Kel won't leave him because she likes her life as it is (even though she claims she is lonely all the time.)

I am embarrassed to be around her. She makes me feel small and insignificant. No amount of therapy can make a bond where there just wasn't one. We are too far apart in age and personality to really be friends and I would never associate with her outside of 'family obligation.'

I have tried to cut her out, but she throws a fit and knocks on my door 100 times until I answer.

Well, somehow it slipped out Alexa, the girls, and I were going to Sea World. My sister bought tickets without telling me and has then informed me she will be at my house Sunday, at 5am, so we can all ride together.

Alexa has said she does not want to spend the whole day with my sister and would like to go on another day instead. One my sister won't somehow figure out.

I just am not sure what to do about all this. Am I an rear end in a top hat for not wanting her in my life at all? I feel bad, but don't like her at all. She makes me anxious and horrified. The idea of her loudly making fun of people's clothing (like everyone is on People of Walmart) while she is wearing neon colors and animal prints makes me want to scream. Everything she does annoys me. She wants to eat every 10 minutes, she has to take a thousand pictures and pushes people out of the way. Just, she is rude.

But she also tells me I am the only reason she hasn't 'ended her life' and that 'my son deserves someone in the family who cares.' Urg. What do you even say to that?

So please, some help. We are going forward with the trip on Sunday. Should we just all spend the night at Alexa's house? Tell her the trip is cancelled and give her a false day? Or... I am just not sure how to make a wall of annoyance understand she is not wanted.

Help? Number to a demon exterminator? Anything.

tl;dr: My parents don't give a poo poo. My sister is likely the most needy person in the world. She insists she is coming with me (and my best friend) to Sea World, to the point she will park her car at my house at 3am and not leave until she gets what she wants. I do not want anything to do with her or her son. Please, help?

quote:

I hate the idea of calling the police on my sister. I have social anxiety in a lot of ways, the idea of saying, "Mr. Police officer, my sister keeps pestering me to play with my nephew and spend time with me. Please arrest her" makes me feel like the devil.

But I guess I might have to be a little mean to get through to her. Part of the guilt is... no one else likes her. My aunt, when she was alive, could not stand to be in the same room with her because my sister cannot keep her mouth shut and judges people like no one's business. She asked my cousin if she was gay so loudly people across the room could hear.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Haifisch posted:

My sister [34f] is trying to tag along to my Sea World trip with her son [4male]. I am [25f]

quote:

I have tried to cut her out, but she throws a fit and knocks on my door 100 times until I answer.

You played chicken and lost, you will never win because she has sensed that you are weak and willing to give in. Best move is to move, somewhere far away.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Boyfriend (28m) just left me (25f) high and dry at HIS dads Father’s Day celebration to go to a spontaneous street party downtown since Mexico won the World Cup of soccer. I’m so upset, awkward and hurt.

So to get this out of the way my boyfriend is not from Mexico nor is his family. He just loves soccer and when Mexico won the World Cup he litteraly grabbed his keys said he “had to go” and his Instagram shows him downtown with all his friends looking like they are at a cinco de mayo parade with sombreros and Mexican flags everywhere.

I’m still at his dads party and it’s so awkward since we don’t know each other. I want to get an uber but my credit card was hacked and I can’t pay for it. He won’t text me back about when he’s coming home or what to expect. His sister offered to give me a ride since she’s going to the valley anyways but that won’t be for another hour or so.

So what do I do? What do I do right now to make myself comfortable in thier house and how do I deal with this with him when I see him?

tl;dr: boyfriend abandoned me at his dads Father’s Day party while he went to a spontaneous street party since Mexico won the World Cup. I’m so pissed, what do I do?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Boyfriend (28m) just left me (25f) high and dry at HIS dads Father’s Day celebration to go to a spontaneous street party downtown since Mexico won the World Cup of soccer. I’m so upset, awkward and hurt.

So to get this out of the way my boyfriend is not from Mexico nor is his family. He just loves soccer and when Mexico won the World Cup he litteraly grabbed his keys said he “had to go” and his Instagram shows him downtown with all his friends looking like they are at a cinco de mayo parade with sombreros and Mexican flags everywhere.

I’m still at his dads party and it’s so awkward since we don’t know each other. I want to get an uber but my credit card was hacked and I can’t pay for it. He won’t text me back about when he’s coming home or what to expect. His sister offered to give me a ride since she’s going to the valley anyways but that won’t be for another hour or so.

So what do I do? What do I do right now to make myself comfortable in thier house and how do I deal with this with him when I see him?

tl;dr: boyfriend abandoned me at his dads Father’s Day party while he went to a spontaneous street party since Mexico won the World Cup. I’m so pissed, what do I do?

gently caress his dad

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
you can uber with paypal attached to your bank account :)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pick posted:

gently caress his dad

Counterpoint:
People aren't characters. They're complicated
And their choices don't always make sense
That being said, it's really messed-up
That you banged your ex-boyfriend's dad
Oh, never bang your ex-boyfriend's dad

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I would turbo dump a woman who gave her number out at bars or who got dolled up to secretly visit an ex.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi
Mexico won the World Cup?? Wow that was fast, seemed like it was only last week that group stages started

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
When the gently caress did Mexico ever win a world cup.
Does she mean the match in the round-robin? What a lovely boyfriend.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Nightgull posted:

Mexico won the World Cup?? Wow that was fast, seemed like it was only last week that group stages started

The world cup of soccer, even.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Hellblazer187 posted:

I would turbo dump a woman who gave her number out at bars or who got dolled up to secretly visit an ex.
It wasn't a secret, he didn't give a poo poo enough to ask her where she was going.

As for bar woman... idk, she can give out a fake number? There are fake numbers people have made for this exact thing. If she can't extract herself another way she can do that.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi

VanSandman posted:

The bf was correct to leave and celebrate, his only faux pas was leaving his gf behind. We need to support our hemispheric friends in this time of strife and pain

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The final is in mid-July. They just beat Germany in their first match.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
My (21F) Roomate (24M) just crossed a major boundary & I feel violated. How do i bring this up with my boyfriend (24M) without causing drama?

quote:

Alright Reddit. So I'm 21, have a 1 year old son and rent a 3 bedroom house. Me & my son are the only ones on the lease but my boyfriend, we'll call him S, lives with me as well as another guy we'll call R.

One room is mine & S, the other is my sons and the last one is Rs. My house is set up living room through front door, open dining, then the kitchen and laundry room. You can see the backdoor in the laundry room straight ahead from the front door. In the middle of the back living room wall theres a branch off hallway that has the bathroom and then to the right of thw bathroom Rs room. To the left of the bathroom is an L shaped hallway that has my sons room and my room on the I part. There is no reason, in my mind why he should ever be in that L hallway. Everything he needs is right by his room or right outside of his room.

I met R through an ex coworker. R needed a place to stay because he got evicted. So i always want to help people let him move into the spare room i had. Ive already had issues with him ive seen as minor amd brushed off even though some things hes said or done have made me uncomfortable.

Today i asked if we could go grocery shopping and R said yes after he dropped S off to work. I normally am very relaxed in my room (aka no pants.) Well R gets back from dropping S off at work and comes and knocks on my door. I say just a minute and get out of my bed to put on pants. He went ahead and opened the door anyway and just stood there.

At first it was really awkward so i laughed thinking he would get embarrassed and close the door as i am standing there in my lime green boxers and black tank top. He doesnt do anything but just... stare.

I tell him i have no pants on like its not obvious and he just shrugs and says ok. Still standin there i sheepishly walk to my dresser and look at him and ask him if he could close the door. He asks why since hes already seen me without pants, he says what good would shutting the door do?

I just kind of look at him in disbelief amd grab some yoga pants out of my drawer and just hold them in front of me limply and ask him again to close the door. He replies that its not a big deal to him and its not like he was gonna rape me or anything. And still stands there. He did turn slightly to the side, but just to lean up against the door jamb.

That kind of sent me into panick amd i hurried pulling up my pants. I grabbed my son / the carseat and we went shopping. I would have put it off until S could go with us, but we desperately need groceries tonight.

I want to talk to my boyfriend about this, hes not very confrontational (but we've already had some interesting/boundary stomping things that weve tried talking about to him about how it makes both of us uncomfortable as individuals and as a couple) and i dont want to cause extreme drama. I feel gross with myself for not causing a scene until he closed the door but i was / am still shocked he'd just stand there and stare. I also dont want S to misunderstand when i try to tell him and he get angry at me for it (hes not an angry person but my anxiety is telling me he is going to hate me.) How can i bring this up and it still be bearable to be in the house/ not feel like we're about to explode on each other?

R is not scary looking, hes extremely neckbeardy (weve gotten into arguments over rick and morty for gods sake. He takes it way too seriously and tore me apart because while i had all 3 seasons i wasnt intelligent enough to "get it" and then he got offended when i thought he was straight up messing with me by doing the sterotype of the bad fans. He was not.)and cringey, heavier then me but not muscular. I dont feel threatened necessarily, just highly uncomfortable.

TL;DR:asked roomate for ride for groceries. He says yes after he drops boyfriend off. Roomate came into my room which is in a part of the house he has no business being in, uninvited after knocking. Not giving me time to reply he opened the door catching me pantless. and then stared me down while i repeatedly asked for him to close the door/leave so i could put on pants. Made a rape comment (about how he specifically wasnt going to rape me) and asked why it was such a big deal. Need help telling my boyfriend /talking about it without giving off wrong impression and causing unbearable drama.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

VanSandman posted:

I’m guessing the OP isn’t into soccer, and heard ‘World Cup’ and ‘Mexico won, I’m going to celebrate!’ and just assumed Mexico won the whole shebang.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

dudeness posted:

My (21F) Roomate (24M) just crossed a major boundary & I feel violated. How do i bring this up with my boyfriend (24M) without causing drama?

:murder:

LadyPictureShow posted:

I’m guessing the OP isn’t into soccer, and heard ‘World Cup’ and ‘Mexico won, I’m going to celebrate!’ and just assumed Mexico won the whole shebang.

Definitely dump him if he's going to just leave her behind to celebrate a loving first match win. loving fúbol posers.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

PetraCore posted:

As for bar woman... idk, she can give out a fake number? There are fake numbers people have made for this exact thing. If she can't extract herself another way she can do that.
Everyone has gotten wise to that. For years I haven't given out a number where the other person hasn't immediately called it "so you can have my number too."

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dudeness posted:

men

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

dudeness posted:

quote:

I want to talk to my boyfriend about this, hes not very confrontational

Get a better boyfriend. This is literally the one thing we’re still useful for.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Anne Whateley posted:

Everyone has gotten wise to that. For years I haven't given out a number where the other person hasn't immediately called it "so you can have my number too."

Even like, a dozen years ago people would pull that poo poo, immediately trying to call. A dude at least 20 years older than me was creeping on me in a bar and getting really pushy and aggressive about wanting my number, so I quickly rattled off seven numbers at random, and said ‘Gotta go, text me sometime’ and left. As I was getting into my car, he came outside yelling ‘Wrong number you loving whore!’

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
IIRC there are apps now where you can generate designated throwaway numbers that work just long enough to make people think they're real.

The world is terrible enough for that to be necessary.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
obviously the solution to the problem of women fearing for their lives is a trickery app

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pick posted:

obviously the solution to the problem of women fearing for their lives is a trickery app

DISRUPTING MISOGYNY IN THE CLOUD!!!

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
Women should just always have a briar patch they can escape to.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Caganer posted:

My boyfriend [27 M] told me [21 F] to stop giving my number out in bars. Some guy at the bar got angry with me for not giving him my number, and I'm upset with my boyfriend for telling me what to do without understanding the situation[new] (self.relationships)

not that I can't understand her predicament and frustration over the whole "why don't you stop getting sexually harassed" thing but I feel like her whole situation is kinda weird too. Only gf I ever had that consistently went out to enjoy clubs and nightlife and such without me there cheated on me. The rest of them never had this sort of problem.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Pick posted:

There's no profit in a 'make men not terrible' app.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Haifisch posted:

There's no profit in a 'make men not terrible' app.

what are you talking about. guns are extremely profitable.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pick posted:

what are you talking about. guns are extremely profitable.

Guns just make men more deadly.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
This is from pages ago with the snotty rich lady who doesn’t want her husbands mentally ill sister to move in...

Who the gently caress “summers” in Destin?

drat, beaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Guns just make men more deadly.

I think I've fixed the world. Get this: more guns, but only women can have them.

Instantly, any man with a gun is a bad man with a gun.

If that doesn't work, make concealed carry only legal in expensive French purses.