Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Is it that hard to accept that Liberals of all backgrounds are pieces of poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

GoldStandardConure posted:

i will fite them irl over taco tuesday

je suis taco tuesday

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

what the gently caress

they passed the mediscare bill

thankfully the dumbasses actually voted to sell the abc so it's a truth based scare campaign. :laffo:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

That is some blasé corporate culture there.

It must be awful for the victims’ families to be hearing this.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Pretty sure the standard of living for someone on a billion Kenya bucks and an Australian on 200,000 kangadollars is roughly about the fuckin' same

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The Before Times posted:

Yeah even in Australia you'd be approaching top quintile of income on 200k.

Yeah, for household income. For personal income you're in the top few %.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

JBP posted:

Pretty sure the standard of living for someone on a billion Kenya bucks and an Australian on 200,000 kangadollars is roughly about the fuckin' same

It really isn't. It's why you get retirees going to live in developing nations, because they can stretch that money so much further and buy a much nicer lifestyle.

She's not saying 'it's not a lot of money', she's saying 'it's not as much money as YOU think it is'. Is it so hard to grasp the concept of buying power?

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Konomex posted:

It really isn't. It's why you get retirees going to live in developing nations, because they can stretch that money so much further and buy a much nicer lifestyle.

She's not saying 'it's not a lot of money', she's saying 'it's not as much money as YOU think it is'. Is it so hard to grasp the concept of buying power?

Dude she has like 5 investment properties and it is a lot of money

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Konomex posted:

You enjoy a better life here on $200k because this is a first world country and you are a rich person in a first world country. Your access to finery and lifestyle is greater and you can afford to engage in it. You can live in a big fancy home serviced by an operable state. People retire to those places because they're loving poor at home. They're not pulling down $200k and leaving their communities because you can get some servants for $40 a week.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

She literally says

"My salary here it is on the website, I don't look at it because it comes to the bank, but it's not a lot of money by the way," she said.

"Politicians — and I mean Australia politicians — work so hard, 24/7, nobody can compensate them for the work they do."

She is minimising it and talking herself and other politicians up. I don't see how you can justify spinning it that "it's not as much as you think".

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
"I don't look at it because it comes to the bank" is already something that anybody on Newstart would laugh at.

Konomex posted:

It's twice the average household income. It's two and a half times the median household income. It's higher than average for literally every postcode in the country.

Is it so hard to grasp the concept that she's an out-of-touch fuckwit?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Is it so hard to grasp the concept that she's an out-of-touch fuckwit?

as an out-of-touch fuckwit, yes

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Birdstrike posted:

as an out-of-touch fuckwit, yes

:same: but for the next three topics itt as well

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Konomex posted:

You keep reiterating the concept of purchasing power like it’s some kind of slam dunk so let me help you out dude: we all understand, she’s still a piece of poo poo

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I can buy a billion bags of rice and literal servants but I need to live behind a gate and men with machine guns maintain the status quo.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

In the wind, the ashes fly

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/sbs-to-broadcast-all-world-cup-action-live-over-the-next-48-hours

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Nice.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Good work Mal

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/technology/what-went-wrong-with-optus-sport-s-disastrous-world-cup-debut-20180618-p4zm80.html

We didn't skimp on the infrastructure, we just completely underestimated the number of people who would want to use the service

No these aren't the same things because of reasons

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/1008512224829116416

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

The free market delivers once again.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

what the gently caress

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/1008587210935885824

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This is a pretty funny left jab imo

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

what the gently caress

I'm a Stalinist now, representatives should be quietly executed for failures in expression

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

The Peccadillo posted:

I'm a Stalinist now, representatives should be quietly executed for failures in expression

gently caress quietly, Full Juche Now and publicly obliterate them with anti-aircraft weapons

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

He's having a wild week. He was in an article over the last few days getting real mad that woolies put a meatless mince thing next to beef mince.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2018-06-16/meaning-of-mince-sparks-clash-between-supermarket-and-farmers/9875242

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

https://www.reddit.com/r/AustralianPolitics/comments/8rwoh6/so_turnbull_just_ran_out_of_a_meeting_with_the/

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/06/18/12/15/govt-blocks-debate-on-abc-privatisation

A bizarre reversal of the 'Abbott running out of Parliament' scene

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Zenithe posted:

He's having a wild week. He was in an article over the last few days getting real mad that woolies put a meatless mince thing next to beef mince.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2018-06-16/meaning-of-mince-sparks-clash-between-supermarket-and-farmers/9875242

quote:

Mr McCormack urged anyone confused to contact the ACCC.

"Mince is mince, mince is meat," he said.

"That's my interpretation of what mince is."

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Liberal Party branch meeting ends in brawl

A Liberal Party branch meeting in Sydney’s south ended in a brawl this evening, with police and paramedics called to the scene where several people were injured.

The meeting was running at a cafe on Firth Street in Arncliffe, 11km south of Sydney, when a fight broke out just before 7pm.

Arncliffe is located in the state seat of Rockdale and the federal seat of Barton, both held by Labor.

Police were called to the scene but said they “saw numerous people running from the location” when they arrived.

A man aged in his 40s suffered minor injuries and was taken to St George Hospital for treatment and it is understood that an elderly woman may have been injured as well.

While details on the incident are still emerging, one source told The Australian that the fight erupted between members of the Egyptian Australian party after some members, backed by a political powerbroker, attempted to establish another branch in the area.

It is understood that right wing members may have retaliated in response.

Another source said that a former young Liberal was attempting to move in numbers into a branch, which caused the tension that led to the brawl.

No MPs were present at the time but the Liberal Party is currently investigating the incident.

Police are now attempting to piece together how many people were involved in the altercation and have appealed to the public to come forward with any vision of the fight.

A party spokesman told The Australian the Liberal Party had been “made aware of an incident that allegedly occurred at a meeting tonight” and were conducting an internal investigation.

“The Party will fully co-operate with the police in relation to their inquiries,” the spokesman said.

“An internal investigation will also be undertaken and disciplinary action taken against those responsible”.

He said the Liberal Party “strongly condemns the kind of behaviour that is alleged to have occurred”.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...ign=EditorialSF

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Adults back in charge, strong and stable government, no cuts to abc, no cuts to medicare and so on and so forth.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

gently caress quietly, Full Juche Now and publicly obliterate them with anti-aircraft weapons

Imperious American dog propaganda from the land of torturous death by poison of the disabled

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jun 18, 2018

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

The Peccadillo posted:

Imperious American dog propaganda from the land of torturous death by poison of the disabled

:same:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Someone put this government out of its misery

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
We would but it's too funny, and the other lot won't promise to close the torture camps so eh.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Doctor Spaceman posted:

"I don't look at it because it comes to the bank" is already something that anybody on Newstart would laugh at.

Yeah, if you never need to check your balance, you're rich.

gently caress this "purchasing power" bullshit. Purchasing power for what? A yacht? Another half a dozen investment houses?

That's some Tony Abbott "750,000 cost of living loan because he can't survive on a measly $300k per year" loving wank dribble and anyone espousing it should be bloody ashamed of themselves.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/the-abc-is-an-indulgence-we-can-no-longer-afford-20180618-p4zm6y.html

Lolololololololoooookoolllllllll

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

sell the ABC because it’s competing with... FriendlyJordies?! what a twist

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Yeah but the ABC has employed friendly jordies on multiple occasions so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Anidav posted:

Yeah but the ABC has employed friendly jordies on multiple occasions so

Ban the ABC now.