Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

I'm [22F] working for a nonprofit and a volunteer couple [20s/F & 30sM] wants a threesome with me. They creep me out and their behavior is starting to scare me!

quote:

Throwaway account because I don’t want to get fired. Reddit, I need help and don’t know where else to turn. I feel like a sitting duck. Sorry this is so long!

I’ve been at this small nonprofit organization for under a year now (hired fresh out of college) and I am an event coordinator. My organization has a large event that lasts throughout the summer and into fall to raise money for our funding and, hence, we need a healthy supply of volunteers to operate efficiently. I get along well with all the volunteers and have never had a problem arise, until now.

When I was first hired, I was introduced to a loyal volunteer for my organization who we’ll call Ryan [30s M]. I was a little wary of him at first because of the vibe I got from him, but he was nice, so I let it go. Ryan would constantly help me out with things for our large fundraising event that I couldn’t do myself and was very helpful with educating me about the behind-the-scenes elements of this event. I was appreciative of his advice, but thought nothing more of him than simply a volunteer.

Weird Thing #1: Fast forward to around a month after this event begins, and Ryan starts showing up more and more (unannounced) at my office. He would stop by and visit my boss [50s M] briefly, who he’s apparently friends with, and would then come to my office and “visit” me. Each time Ryan “visits” my office, I tell him that I’d love to talk, but I have work to do. Instead of leaving when I say this, Ryan pulls out his laptop (or his phone, a book, etc..) and just sits there while still facing me right in front of my desk- sometimes for hours at a time. I can’t figure out how to get him to leave, or say that it makes me uncomfortable, and he just sits there. Even if I leave my office, he’ll still be sitting there when I return.

Weird Thing #2: Ryan has a bisexual girlfriend who we’ll call Mandy [20s F]. Prior to dating Ryan, Mandy strictly dated women and still prefers women from what Ryan has told me. From what I’ve heard from Ryan, he met Mandy at his university and she began studying abroad in Asia in the beginning of the year. Mandy returned from Asia mid-summer and began joining Ryan in volunteering for my organization’s event, loyally. So far, she’s been a nice girl, but she creeps me out like Ryan does. I constantly catch her checking me out, she will touch me on my hands, shoulders, and back constantly. Now, I don’t have a problem at all with her being bisexual or her checking me out, but it bothers me when I’m touched. I’ve told her this before and nicely asked her to stop, but English is not her first language and she is not the best English speaker. I’ve relayed this concern to Ryan multiple times and he’s said, “oh yeah, I talked to her about it, but I don’t think she understood. I’ll talk to her again.” I don’t buy that since she seems to understand everything else I tell her.

Weird Thing #3: The thing that really scares me about Ryan and Mandy is that they follow me everywhere I go at this event! When they aren’t actually volunteering at the event, they follow me, and Ryan encourages it. They literally shadow me everywhere holding hands together like the two twin girls in The Shining. This behavior is now starting to continue after dark when we’re breaking everything down. I'm trying to avoid being alone with them at night, but it's getting harder and harder to avoid...

Weird Thing #4: Ok, so to the actual threesome part, Reddit. They have not said this directly to me, but one of the other volunteers gave me a heads-up that Ryan and Mandy wanted a threesome with me. I brushed it off at first because the volunteer I heard it from is a very gossipy person, and has been known to cause drama. But one week later, my good friend Sarah (20 F, very credible), was entertaining for the event and told me that Ryan admitted to her while he was helping set up her equipment that he “had the hots for me” and he and Mandy “want a threesome to happen, soon.” Sarah also told me that I “needed to watch my back with Ryan and Mandy and never be alone with them.” Needless to say, I became much more concerned since hearing about that because Sarah never says things like this and neither Ryan nor Mandy had ever brought this topic up to me.

Lastly, I have talked to my superior about their behavior bothering me after this all happened, but he just brushed it off and said it was nothing to be worried about. I disagree. But, I left the meeting with him feeling embarrassed, holding back tears of frustration, and doubting my instincts. Their behavior is sounding off BLARING alarms in the back of my mind and I’m doing everything in my power to keep a distance from them, but I feel helpless. Reddit, what should I do? Am I overreacting? What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Tl;dr: Volunteer couple following me everywhere at the seasonal event I coordinate. The boyfriend sits in my office and doesn’t leave for hours at a time, told a friend of mine that he “has the hots for me” and “wants a threesome to happen soon” with him, his girlfriend, and myself. The girlfriend is bisexual (prefers women) and is constantly going out of her way to see/ talk to me and loves putting her hands on me. The head of the organization I work for brushed off my concerns about their behavior and told me I’m overreacting. I disagree. What would you do if you were me?

EDIT 1: I would like to extend a HUGE thank you to everyone who's given me advice or support. You guys made me tear up from all of your support, encouragement, and wonderful advice. I don't feel so alone with this problem anymore and I thank you all for taking the time to read what I wrote and to give me the help I wanted so badly. On another note, I'm heading to bed soon and will answer any other posts, questions, and comments tomorrow!

I will also add a few facts that keep popping up in the questions:

My organization has no HR department. It's a small office.

My boss is the head of my office and there is no one above him.

My boss is also the volunteer recruiter/ manager/ boss, not me. I do logistics and I am technically not in charge of the volunteers we have. My interaction with a majority of our volunteers is minimal.

Yes, I'm in the U.S.

EDIT 2: Good morning, Reddit!! I tried responding to as many people as I could and will answer any more questions/ comments later today! Bulletin: my boss is not in today, and I don't know where he is. I haven't heard a peep. I have drafted an email to send to him regarding the meeting we had, per your advice! Thank you again, Reddit!! :) I will also be sure to post an update about any further developments.

Also adding another important fact: Ryan and my boss are friends. I know I said this in my original post, but I think a lot of people are missing this fact for some reason. Sorry guys! I should have bolded it. Again, I'll post any other clarifications that I can without revealing my identity. I don't want to get fired! Thanks guys :)

[Update] I'm [22F] working for a nonprofit and a volunteer couple [20s/F & 30sM] wants a threesome with me. They creep me out and their behavior is starting to scare me!

quote:

Hello once again, Reddit! Sorry for not posting an update sooner- I know lots of you messaged me to make sure I was still ok and I thank you so much for your concern and care :) Thank you to everyone who helped me on my prior post as well! Anyways, on to the update.

First thing I did was send a follow-up email to my boss regarding the Ryan & Mandy situation and I called the president of my organization's board (who we'll call Dan) to discuss the problem with him. Following my call, Dan had me meet with him in person as soon as I was able to so I could tell him everything that was going on. When I finished explaining the situation in detail to him, Dan looked absolutely furious and demanded to know what (if anything) my boss had done to rectify the issue of Ryan and Mandy. I explained to him that my boss had done nothing to stop their harassment and downplayed my fear of the situation, likely because of the close relationship between my boss and Ryan. In closing of our meeting, Dan told me to document any further harassment and lack of action on my boss' part and to alert him as soon as it happens.

A few days later, I had a follow-up meeting with my boss regarding Ryan and Mandy's harassment. While my boss seemed to listen to my concerns this time, he also kept the meeting brief and promised "action", although he would not specify what that action pertained to.

The next day, I was CC'd on an email that my boss sent to Ryan about a phone call he'd placed to him and highlighting a few points such as: "don't close the door to VolunteerThrow's office" and "don't say X phrases to VolunteerThrow." I honestly couldn't believe my boss didn't cut Ryan and Mandy from our volunteer team and felt frustrated all over again, and forwarded the email to Dan.

The day following the email, I came into work to find a teddy bear on my desk with no indication of where it came from (no note, card, etc..). Thinking Ryan had been in my office, I asked one of the office assistants and he said that my boss had put it there and Ryan had not been in the office that day. I asked my boss why he put the bear on my desk and he flat out denied it. Even when I told him that one of my coworkers had seen him put it there, he still denied it. I was very puzzled and sent an email to Dan about the situation.

The next day, I run into Ryan outside of my office while walking with my boss, and he made a remark about wanting to sleep with me. In front of my boss. So what does my boss do? He laughs. He loving LAUGHS and AGREES with Ryan. He loving gives Ryan a HIGH FIVE. Right in front of me! My boss apparently fantasized about getting me in bed just like Ryan did. That made me so angry that I felt my jaw lock up and my hands clench like a bear trap.

I didn't have any time to confront either Ryan or my boss about their behavior right then because we were meeting with a client, but I immediately called Dan following the client meeting and left him a voicemail on his cell phone about the incident. Dan calls me back to ask me about the full story and I tell him everything. He asks me to email him the situation in great detail and promised me he'd be in contact with me before I went back to work on Monday.

Fast forward to early Monday morning and I'm awake and getting ready for work. I get a brief call from Dan telling that I have his permission to take the afternoon off, so I happily oblige. Later that morning, I get another call from Dan stating to instead take the whole Monday off and to report to Dan's business the next morning instead of my office. I agree.

As planned, on Tuesday morning I go to Dan's office at the time I would normally start work and he takes me into a conference room with six other people in it- the board members for my organization. Dan explains that he'd called an emergency meeting after I'd repeatedly emailed him the situation with Ryan and my boss both making comments about wanting to sleep with me and they unanimously voted to terminate his contract Monday morning and evict him from the organization. Dan and the board members all apologized to me for what I endured there and informed me that Ryan and Mandy had both been informed that they are banned from volunteering with my organization in the future. They wouldn't go into many details about my boss being fired, but they did say that he "wasn't cooperative." But I couldn't care any less, because my problems are gone at my organization!

In other news, I no longer work at this organization. During the problems at work I applied, interviewed for, and accepted my dream job in another state and have since moved. So, I really couldn't be happier about my life right now. Thanks Reddit!

tl;dr: Ryan/ Mandy situation got worse at first. Turns out both Ryan and my boss fantasized about sleeping with me. Talked to president of my organization who basically said "gently caress that poo poo" and released him from his contract/ fired him with the support of the board members. Also applied for and was offered my dream job in another state, which I promptly accepted and work there now. Conclusion: Dan is an awesome person, my career is taking a giant leap forward, and life is now great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My sister (20F) viciously lashed out at the guy (25M) I (18M) have been casually seeing

TLDR;My wildly overprotective sister nearly smacked the older guy I've been casually seeing and won't talk to me.

As a bit of context, my sister (N) basically raised me. Our parents are a No-Go, they weren't present, whatever. She worked jobs in highschool so that I never wanted for stuff and had the freedom to go out with my friends and basically pass as coming from a normal home so minimal questions were raised and I didn't have to deal with a lot of poo poo. She sheltered me to an extent that's impossible to describe, and I know (because she's told me, and because of everything else) that there's very little she wouldn't do for me. When things were the worst they'd ever been, she used to say that she loved me double. She taught me how to tie my shoelaces. I'm sorry if this is all too much at once, but I feel like no one else is going to get it.

Naturally, she's crazy overprotective. It's wild but I don't think I have anything to say about that, it's not a convo we've had because I just don't know what I'd say? 'So I know you raised me but I want it to stop, sorry!'

I made the mistake of bringing this guy back home, but I didn't think she'd be around and to be fair, it's nothing serious. I haven't 'done' anything with him but I know he's interested in me and I don't really do anything to stop that because I don't care or mind I guess. We had just come in the door and as soon as she saw us, I knew I was in deep poo poo. This guy looks his age, and even if it was something else, it was pretty late and past my curfew. She walks up to him and the first thing she says is: how loving old are you, guy? You look like you should be teaching high-schoolers, not loving them. She was the maddest I've ever seen her. I forgot to mention that I only brought him home because he asked to use the bathroom, and she wasn't supposed to have come home from uni yet. Our roomates are asleep, so she's not yelling but she's very aggressive, she corners this guy and she looks like she's going to hit him, hard. I'm terrified and she notices and I'm sure that's the only reason she didn't actually hit him. She makes him turn on his phone, deletes my number and blocks me from his phone. My sister is a loving terror when she needs to be, and she's always been like this about me. Before he leaves, she says he better hope that I never hear from him again.

She's never done anything like this before, and though the 2 other boys I was interested in were intimidated and made uncomfortable by her, it's mostly just because she IS intimidating, not because she actually actively did anything to make them uncomfortable.

She was basically in tears after he left, and I've never seen her cry before. She hasn't spoken to me in like 3 days and I don't know what to do, about her, or the guy, whom I can download tinder and message again if I want. Help me, I love my sister and I hosed up.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My sister (20F) viciously lashed out at the guy (25M) I (18M) have been casually seeing

Another Good Sister for the club :kimchi:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

TheKennedys posted:

Another Good Sister for the club :kimchi:

Seriously.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Imagine sacrificing your entire adolescence to raise your kid sister and having her be all "no gently caress you mom sister I will make this terrible decision"

Like I get the reason we find it so creepy is because teenagers are so stupid but like drat, can't even imagine how frustrated I'd be.

Andante
Jul 3, 2008

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

I'm [22F] working for a nonprofit and a volunteer couple [20s/F & 30sM] wants a threesome with me. They creep me out and their behavior is starting to scare me!

[Update] I'm [22F] working for a nonprofit and a volunteer couple [20s/F & 30sM] wants a threesome with me. They creep me out and their behavior is starting to scare me!

Stories in which creeps get owned are the best thing ever. They bring a smile to my face every single time.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
The little sister is, upon review, (18M).

So I think that might change things a little from what I've read, but I'm not qualified to weigh in.

Would like to know about how much of a garbage fire the parents are.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Beachcomber posted:

So I think that might change things a little from what I've read, but I'm not qualified to weigh in.

Would like to know about how much of a garbage fire the parents are.
Don't see how it changes anything tbh, still an obvious predator

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
The older sister owns and the little brother is a moron for trying to pick up someone 7 years his senior especially since it's so abjectly obvious that his sister gave up a lot to raise him and bring him into her household away from their parents. What a way to repay someone for giving up so much and working so hard all in order to protect him.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [20M] father [53M] thinks eating strawberries is feminine?

I'm a 20 year old man. I love eating strawberries. My father asked me, "Why do you always eat strawberries? That's very girly. I see a lot of women eating strawberries." I'm not kidding when I say this. My father literally thinks eating strawberries is feminine. I don't see nothing wrong for a man to eat strawberries. They're very good and they're good for you. Is it feminine for a man to eat strawberries?

tl;dr: My father judges me for eating strawberries all the time. He thinks it's girly. I'm not kidding when I say this. Is it really girly for a guy to eat strawberries all the time or is my father just insane?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

ah so this is that toxic masculinity I've been hearing tell about, isn't it

Mill Town
Apr 17, 2006

Mr. Lobe posted:

ah so this is that toxic masculinity I've been hearing tell about, isn't it

Yup.

Mill Town
Apr 17, 2006

It's not something "SJWs" just made up, it's real. See also: men who don't wipe they own asses because going too far up between the cheeks is "gay" and consequently smell like poo poo all the time https://www.buzzfeed.com/juliegerstein/listen-up-men-we-need-to-talk-about-how-to-wipe-your?utm_term=.lcwnZ5VrB#.jhRKmjVBL

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mill Town posted:

It's not something "SJWs" just made up, it's real. See also: men who don't wipe they own asses because going too far up between the cheeks is "gay" and consequently smell like poo poo all the time https://www.buzzfeed.com/juliegerstein/listen-up-men-we-need-to-talk-about-how-to-wipe-your?utm_term=.lcwnZ5VrB#.jhRKmjVBL

That has to be one of those things that started as a joke but then idiots were like "oh yeah that makes sense, I'm not gay so I'll just wipe inadequately from now on"

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mill Town posted:

I didn't doubt it was real, but it's wild to see these extreme examples of it. I'm more used to thinking of "toxic masculinity" being like lead in the water, something ambient in the environment that builds up in people over time and stunts their development. Toxicitywise, this is a more like drinking straight isopropyl alcohol.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Hopefully this leads to the bright conclusion that things coming out of the butthole are just as gay as things going in, therefore pooping makes you a fagot and they simply refuse to ever poop again

e: And then they die

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jun 18, 2018

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [20M] father [53M] thinks eating strawberries is feminine?

I'm a 20 year old man. I love eating strawberries. My father asked me, "Why do you always eat strawberries? That's very girly. I see a lot of women eating strawberries." I'm not kidding when I say this. My father literally thinks eating strawberries is feminine. I don't see nothing wrong for a man to eat strawberries. They're very good and they're good for you. Is it feminine for a man to eat strawberries?

tl;dr: My father judges me for eating strawberries all the time. He thinks it's girly. I'm not kidding when I say this. Is it really girly for a guy to eat strawberries all the time or is my father just insane?

Like clearly the solution is to start eating bananas all the time in front of dad tho.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

Not really :confused:

That being said though it's apparently a pattern and something she does whenever she meets someone her brother wants to hook up with, not just this older guy, and if she were a dude we'd be (rightfully) calling her a fascist

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

loquacius posted:

That being said though it's apparently a pattern and something she does whenever she meets someone her brother wants to hook up with, not just this older guy
:question:

quote:

She's never done anything like this before, and though the 2 other boys I was interested in were intimidated and made uncomfortable by her, it's mostly just because she IS intimidating, not because she actually actively did anything to make them uncomfortable.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ok yeah it's actually kind of ambiguous from that sentence upon reread

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s not ambiguous unless you assume the dude is straight up lying.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I'd be willing to bet entire dollars that "she's just intimidating" means "she does everything in her power to be as menacing as possible to anyone who might touch her precious baby not-son" and she just went off the rails this time because oh no, he's older :ohdear:

yeah kids are dumb but guess what people are loving stupid all the time from cradle to grave and making mistakes is the best teacher when it comes to people

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s not ambiguous unless you assume the dude is straight up lying.

It's ambiguous what he means by "she's just an intimidating person"

Like, that could mean that she's just very serious as a result of having to run a household herself to make up for a pair of extremely lovely parents, or it could mean that she's trying to scare away anyone who threatens her gay brother's virginity even if this is the only time she's straight-up backed someone into a corner and somehow made him delete a number from his phone

Hot take: if it is possible to force a person to delete a number from their phone without the use of a weapon, they probably really were just there to use the bathroom

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

loquacius posted:

Not really :confused:

That being said though it's apparently a pattern and something she does whenever she meets someone her brother wants to hook up with, not just this older guy, and if she were a dude we'd be (rightfully) calling her a fascist

I know it shouldn't be different, but I've been told from multiple sources that this kind of...mentor relationship is historically common in the gay male community. It may take awhile for this kind of thing to go away, if it ever does, and I'm not qualified to pass judgement.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

loquacius posted:

It's ambiguous what he means by "she's just an intimidating person"

Like, that could mean that she's just very serious as a result of having to run a household herself to make up for a pair of extremely lovely parents, or it could mean that she's trying to scare away anyone who threatens her gay brother's virginity even if this is the only time she's straight-up backed someone into a corner and somehow made him delete a number from his phone

Hot take: if it is possible to force a person to delete a number from their phone without the use of a weapon, they probably really were just there to use the bathroom

Ah you do just assume he is straight up lying.

Could have just led with that also ambiguous isn’t the right word either way

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 18, 2018

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Ah you do just assume he is straight up lying.

Could have just led with that

Uh, no :confused: People make unconscious excuses for their loved ones all the time. If you did a count of r/r posts ITT featuring a sentiment along the lines of "ehh, they didn't mean anything by that, it's just how they are" I'm sure it'd be in the hundreds

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

loquacius posted:

Uh, no :confused: People make unconscious excuses for their loved ones all the time. If you did a count of r/r posts ITT featuring a sentiment along the lines of "ehh, they didn't mean anything by that, it's just how they are" I'm sure it'd be in the hundreds

loquacius posted:

Unconscious doesn’t make it ambiguous you are assuming he is being misleading (based on nothing in the text)which is lying. Whether he is doing it on purpose is neither here nor there

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Unconscious doesn’t make it ambiguous you are assuming he is being misleading which is lying. Whether he is doing it on purpose is neither here nor there

We apparently use different definitions for "lying" and especially "straight up lying" but that is also neither here nor there

The ambiguity stems from whether he is accurately judging her intentions; assuming the best of someone who has done a lot for you doesn't make you a straight-up liar

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

loquacius posted:

We apparently use different definitions for "lying" and especially "straight up lying" but that is also neither here nor there

The ambiguity stems from whether he is accurately judging her intentions; assuming the best of someone who has done a lot for you doesn't make you a straight-up liar

Yeah I tend to use the commonly used one while I’m not entirely sure what your definition is, besides dumb really ambiguous

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah I tend to use the commonly used one while I’m not entirely sure what your definition is, besides dumb really ambiguous

This is the one I'm using

Yours, apparently, is "to be wrong about something"

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Me [35 F] with my daughter 17F, She was taken out of state without my knowledge or consent years ago. I want to reach out but don't know how, please help me.

quote:

I had we will call "Babygirl when I was just about to turn 17, I honestly was not ready to be a mother due to an abusive home life and no support system. I was so happy though! loved on my baby and did the best I could. Her father was 36 when I got pregnant at that time and was in a relationship, basically used me. The other woman was about his age and not mentally all their herself. She angry and hateful to me and used my baby as a tool against me.

[b]She and her father took me to court and got joint custody with them being primary
. They had tons of domestic violence and drug issues but came off well in court, finally long story short when my daughter was about 9 the "stepmother" took her all the way to Florida for me not to have seen or talked to my daughter since.

I have tried to reach out on FB but I am blocked. I just found my daughters poshmark last week and was just observing and thinking of messaging her but I am blocked now too. She is so beautiful and stylish too!

I know the "stepmother" has poisoned my girls mind, so I am not angry with my child. I am beyond angry at this creature who stole my child though.

I was diagnosed with PTSD and have been working with a therapist for the first time seriously. I just found out now that I should of went to court to make the stepmother bring her back.

Please help me, I don't know what to do. Just having a chance at looking at her poshmark gave me so much hope, now I feel like I can't breathe.

TL;DR Daughter taken out of state as a 9-year-old, 9 years later I'm still messed up mentally pretty bad and it is affecting me

It’s affecting her grammar at least.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Good to see even a 17 year old into MLM is smart enough to block the living personification of Florida from her life

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

loquacius posted:

This is the one I'm using

Yours, apparently, is "to be wrong about something"

Lol thanks for proving my point I guess

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol thanks for proving my point I guess

you're welcome I guess :confused:

I'm not even sure what we're fighting about at this point

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Caganer posted:

My boyfriend [27 M] told me [21 F] to stop giving my number out in bars. Some guy at the bar got angry with me for not giving him my number, and I'm upset with my boyfriend for telling me what to do without understanding the situation[new] (self.relationships)

holy poo poo shes dumb

ArbitraryC posted:

not that I can't understand her predicament and frustration over the whole "why don't you stop getting sexually harassed" thing but I feel like her whole situation is kinda weird too. Only gf I ever had that consistently went out to enjoy clubs and nightlife and such without me there cheated on me. The rest of them never had this sort of problem.

i mean she's 21 so it is understandable but yea she's kinda stupid, lol at 'having' to give your number out

tsa fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 18, 2018

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Mill Town posted:

lol nice buzzfeed link moron

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

...Why is someone in a relationship constantly at bars anyways? If you want to drink it's cheaper to drink at home with friends. I guess it depends on the type of bar? Like is she going for live music or whatever? But if so why is BF not going with her? I just don't understand this dynamic at all. Part of that may be that I only go to bars for fried food and music though.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

...Why is someone in a relationship constantly at bars anyways? If you want to drink it's cheaper to drink at home with friends. I guess it depends on the type of bar? Like is she going for live music or whatever? But if so why is BF not going with her? I just don't understand this dynamic at all. Part of that may be that I only go to bars for fried food and music though.

She said she was with her friend there who was hooking up, sounds like she was being her wingman. Doesn't sound that unusual. I still go to pubs even though the offy is cheaper because they offer different things.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Hellblazer187 posted:

Sometimes people want to go out and drink in a busy, social setting. Maybe she's meeting a bunch of friends out there for a girls night so the BF isn't invited, maybe he's not the bar scene type but she is and goes without him. The post does make it sound like this happens fairly often so who knows. I don't entirely get it either, but we don't have all the info on it and it ultimately doesn't matter.

Giving out your phone number at will is a bad solution and she shouldn't do it, but the bf sounds like an rear end in a top hat too (why didn't he go get her once she was freaking out? He's also being kind of condescending about the whole thing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Aramoro posted:

She said she was with her friend there who was hooking up, sounds like she was being her wingman. Doesn't sound that unusual. I still go to pubs even though the offy is cheaper because they offer different things.

I've basically never been single over the age of 21, and generally hate bars, so I guess I'm biased. I can't imagine my wife being cool with me going to wingman some dude trying to get laid, and I certainly wouldn't be cool with her wingwomaning at a bar either. I kinda feel like friends going out to find bone partners should leave relationship people out of it?