Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd like to announce that I'm adding 3 million gil to the first place of my choice in Mordiceius' competition, plus 2 million gil to the second place and 1 million gil to the third place.

If we both pick up the same house you can make 8 million gil so join it so I can have some fun looking at houses.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Elentor fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jun 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Mordiceius posted:

Mordiceius & Masami's 1st Annual Housing Decorator Battle Royale: A Fight to the Death... OF STYLE

The Warrior of Light has spent years on the the battlefield, fighting foes both seen and unseen. However, are you a bad enough dude to step up and take on the biggest challenge yet - interior design!

In conjunction with the Manderville Gold Saucer's Make It Rain campaign, Mordiceius Ketsumei wants to make it rain on your wallet with fabulous prizes!

Over the three weeks of this competition, the goal is to decorate the best house and/or apartment possible.

Rules & Requirements
This is for players on the Excalibur server, sorry other servers.
This is a competition for privately owned Houses and Apartments. FC houses are not eligible for the prizes.
You may compete in both the housing tier and the apartment tier, should you have both.
Only the current main homeowner may apply for competition. If you are a shared tenant of an estate, you cannot sign up with an estate unless you are the main owner.
To sign up, you must go to Mordiceius Ketsumei's house at Mist, Ward 9, Plot 4 and leave a message in the message book with your house/apartment address any time before the final deadline.
All entries must be open to the public so anyone can view.
All entries must contain a message book either inside or outside the property.

Final Deadline
June 23rd, 12pm (Noon) PDT

Once entries are closed, a list of all participating homeowners will be listed in this thread so anyone may view.

Winners will be announced by June 24th, 12pm (Noon) PDT

Prizes!
Best in Show: Estate
5 million gil
Player's choice of rare minion: Byakko Cub, Private Moai, Stuffed Tsukuyomi, Wind-up Magnai, Wind-up Shinryu

Best in Show: Apartment
1 million gil
Player's choice of rare minion: Byakko Cub, Private Moai, Stuffed Tsukuyomi, Wind-up Magnai, Wind-up Shinryu

:siren: MAJOR UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT :siren:

I am honored to announce a special guest judge and an extra cash prize!

Silver Bells is stepping up as an special guest housing judge as well as supplying a bonus prize!

And thus, in addition to the "Best in Show" category for estates, there will be Silver Bell's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize selections.

Prizes are as follows:
1st Prize: 3 million gil
2nd Prize: 2 million gil
3rd Prize: 1 million gil

Silver Bell's judging will happen separately from myself and Masami's and we will not know who the other chooses as the first. And thus, houses have the potential to win a whopping :siren: 8 MILLION GIL! :siren:

As of this post, there are currently 11 houses and 1 apartment entered into the competition. Entries close in just under 7 days from the time of this post. You can't win if you don't enter!

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008

Cabbit posted:

I'm sure this is a complaint that people have been making for years, but I'm gonna complain about it anyway: why can't I put my loving Stardust Rod in the Glamour Dresser or the Armoire? Why do I have to do the loving Zodiac Weapon poo poo to get a version I can stash away? God drat.

You can put base relics in the armoire, it's only once you upgrade them to Zenith that you're stuck with them.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Cabbit posted:

I'm sure this is a complaint that people have been making for years, but I'm gonna complain about it anyway: why can't I put my loving Stardust Rod in the Glamour Dresser or the Armoire? Why do I have to do the loving Zodiac Weapon poo poo to get a version I can stash away? God drat.

You can trash it and buy it from a calamity salvager for 1000 gil.

The base version that is, not if you've upgraded it further.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Aether nerds: Gelmorra Public Radio needs you! My newly-formed static, which is already cooler and better-looking than most other statics, would like a healer and a couple of DPS subs to have on tap. We run Savage from 2:00 AM - 4:30 AM UTC Tuesday and Friday, and an optional swing day on Sunday from 2:00 AM - 4:00 AM UTC. Send me a discord message at Estelle, Wandering Dramaturge#4324 if you’re interested.

Unrelated, the Spring Shirt is my new love.

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jun 17, 2018

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Zandar posted:

You can put base relics in the armoire, it's only once you upgrade them to Zenith that you're stuck with them.

Doesn't seem so? :shrug:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Are you sure you don't already have one in there?

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Probably well known in the housing community, but we stumbled onto a housing glitch last night when we swapped over to the carbie skin

it still functions as a bench too

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Are you sure you don't already have one in there?

Positive.

sleepyfish
Apr 1, 2014

no armoire

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
What's the best way to do hunts and farm Allied Seals for mount speed bonuses?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Schneider Heim posted:

What's the best way to do hunts and farm Allied Seals for mount speed bonuses?
Ask around for a hunt LS, and be ready to jump because ARR hunts die in like 10 seconds now.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

homeless snail posted:

Ask around for a hunt LS, and be ready to jump because ARR hunts die in like 10 seconds now.

This, and just keep up on your daily/weekly marks. 548 seals a week from the hunt board plus whatever A+S ranks you can find. Most, if not all, ARR A-ranks are soloable now. Not sure if people still call those out. I haven't been present for an S-rank in ages.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I've never really completed a daily/weekly mark due to laziness. I'm worried that the rare mobs take a while to spawn and I'll be basically wasting time looking for them. Can they be done quickly?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
The B and unranked daily marks respawn within seconds of dying, so there's no real worry of wasting time outside of actually finding where they decided to spawn at. The A/S marks you usually have groups announce in linkshells or your FC and they're the longer waits.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Doing all the daily hunts every day is incredibly tedious but they're good XP if you have alt jobs to level. The weeklies are good though, since they respawn near instantly you can just use a spawn map and get a bunch of seals in a few minutes every week.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Just doing both the daily 3rd rank hunt bill for Kugane and Ishgard is 150 seals a day for just hunting down 10 or so targets, really is low effort and fairly quickly done, also decent exp for any alt class in level range.
I wouldn't bother doing ALL the daily hunt bills (1st 2nd rank bill are just 2 and 5 seals or so per target compared to the 15 per for the 3rd ranks), or at least not for the seals alone, its not bad if ur doing it for exp however.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Choyi posted:

Just doing both the daily 3rd rank hunt bill for Kugane and Ishgard is 150 seals a day for just hunting down 10 or so targets, really is low effort and fairly quickly done, also decent exp for any alt class in level range.
I wouldn't bother doing ALL the daily hunt bills (1st 2nd rank bill are just 2 and 5 seals or so per target compared to the 15 per for the 3rd ranks), or at least not for the seals alone, its not bad if ur doing it for exp however.

It's worth it to pick up all three and then just do the third-rank bills. Occasionally, the system selects the same marks for multiple ranks of bills, so you'll sometimes get an extra few seals for free. It's not huge, but every little bit helps.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Furthermore, a little typing in of all the names into this tool here: http://www.ffxivhuntspath.com/sb/

plots you shortest paths to hit all of the hunt marks, making doing all three ranks concurrently great XP, so long as you can kill the thing.

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008

Cabbit posted:

I guess they either moved them to the salvager or I'm misremembering and they were always there. (I might have been thinking of the base 50 crafter relic tools?)

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Vermain posted:

It's worth it to pick up all three and then just do the third-rank bills. Occasionally, the system selects the same marks for multiple ranks of bills, so you'll sometimes get an extra few seals for free. It's not huge, but every little bit helps.

With Stormblood at least, the daily hunts seem way more well thought out. Unlike Heavensward, only one zone is really just a huge mass of emptiness with mob packs spread miles apart from each other. It takes me about half an hour to knock out all three ranks and all three SB tribes together, and yeah Ruby Sea is a disproportionate amount of that time. It's progress towards your Chocobo weekly challenge log experience boosts, and 17k Gil daily for pressing 5 or 6 buttons a bunch of times while sitting in a queue or watching something. The seals are a pittance for the effort comparatively to just waiting for As to spawn, but they're still useful. I would honestly only do the Heavensward weekly B rank, as the time spent on the dailies just isn't worth it with how the zones were designed.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 18, 2018

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

That was entirely too much Void Ark but God drat I love this outfit.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Thundarr posted:

Pulling the morbal into the second half is a good tell for a tank who thinks they're good but isn't really a team player. Sure you can kill it along with the rest of the trash but the extra giant body plus another large AoE to avoid makes finishing up that hallway much more annoying. Killing it by itself between the halls takes like 10-15 seconds and makes things much smoother on everybody.

I'm usually a pull everything kind of guy but there are reasonable exceptions to that.

Whenever I stop to kill the morbol everyone just runs past me confused so I just assume everyone wants me to keep going :confused:

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Cabbit posted:

That was entirely too much Void Ark but God drat I love this outfit.

:yeah:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

KoB posted:

Whenever I stop to kill the morbol everyone just runs past me confused so I just assume everyone wants me to keep going :confused:

BLM here, the morbol is an extra target for my AoE. Please drag it to the rest of the pull, especially if some melee-ranged, tp-using goofus starts complaining about it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I have never once been in a party that wiped after pulling the morbol.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

You don't have to wipe or even be at risk of wiping for it to be a more annoying pull with the morbol included :v:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Karasu Tengu posted:

The B and unranked daily marks respawn within seconds of dying, so there's no real worry of wasting time outside of actually finding where they decided to spawn at. The A/S marks you usually have groups announce in linkshells or your FC and they're the longer waits.
Weekly marks are always worth it because it's 100 seals for 5 minutes of your time usually. Sometimes you get an annoying one though and that is annoying (freakin' Sea of Clouds.) There's maps on Imgur for efficient scouting out of Stormblood B ranks too if you're having trouble with them.

Arist posted:

I have never once been in a party that wiped after pulling the morbol.
I have! Bad Breath hitting the WHM as they spam Holy and the tank died soon after because Bad Breath's Paralysis is mean (and the WHM probably didn't have Esuna slotted.)

And sometimes near-wipes when the Tank gets hit with Bad Breath too.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Wipe, no, but if the tank eats a bad breath (and most do at least once) that takes the healer out of the fight for a while too, because instead of casting more holy etc., now the tank needs (more) heals and possibly esunas.

E:f,b.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Thundarr posted:

You don't have to wipe or even be at risk of wiping for it to be a more annoying pull with the morbol included :v:

Getting hit by AoEs is for peasants who don't play BRD

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Anybody who somehow manages to get hit by Bad Breath has more than earned their death and/or wipe. :colbert:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'm a tank and I just stop and kill the morbol. It takes like 10 seconds so settle the gently caress down.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

as a fairly newbish tank i am getting some pretty mixed messages here :|

i've run SC probably like... four times and i stop to kill the morbol but i am able to do all the other big pulls and that makes me feel pretty good :unsmith:

popping inner release and just pounding that steel cyclone button is my favorite part

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

I'm a tank and I just stop and kill the morbol. It takes like 10 seconds so settle the gently caress down.

Same here. I prefer consistency over the dice roll of, "Will someone get hit by Bad Breath?" every time.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Kerrzhe posted:

i've run SC probably like... four times and i stop to kill the morbol but i am able to do all the other big pulls and that makes me feel pretty good :unsmith:

popping inner release and just pounding that steel cyclone button is my favorite part

Don't forget to hit the Deliverance button after hitting that first Steel Cyclone tho

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Gigantic enemies are a pain to aoe as dragoon so please kill the morbol seperately

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
There's no huge benefit to pulling the Morbol into the rest of the poo poo, but I've also never seen it go wrong.

But your mileage obviously varies because I don't run experts with more than 1 random usually. And I'm usually playing SMN in those 4-mans for the express purpose of "pull all of the poo poo".

If I'm tanking for a group of three random players, I'm stopping to kill the Morbol before moving on.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
If I have to drag a single giant mob several miles away in order to group it up with other things to kill it I'm strongly inclined to not do that and use it as a sort of pit stop between chain pulls.

That's what I do with the Morbol. Killing it alone lets my Fight or Flight CD come back up from the previous hallway.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

The important thing to remember is that it doesn't really matter, pull whatever you're comfortable with. I might grumble a little bit to myself if a tank isn't going 150% nuts on the pull size, but I'm certainly not gonna give'em poo poo for it. All I care is that the dungeon gets done eventually, and that I don't have aggro more than half the time.

Anybody who has a big ol' hissy fit because you tanked a dungeon one way or the other is a colossal dweeb and you should probably ignore them. Tanking is something you just have to learn by doing, and I pulled super conservatively back when I was getting the hang of it too. Before you know it you'll be dragging entire legions of enemies around at a time, wondering what you ever did to deserve a WHM that won't cast Holy and two single-target DPSes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'll happily rdm SC and Scatter spam / EnchMoulinet all that poo poo into oblivion after the loving striking shirt finally drops. I've literally never seen it make an appearance. :mad: