Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

tyler posted:

Should I buy disgaea 5 complete, xenoblade 2, or lost sphere?

absolutely not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

tyler posted:

Probably Xenoblade 2. If you know what you're getting into and like that kind of game though you can probably play Disgaea 5 for a thousand hours -- I like it personally but it still hasn't completely gotten its hooks in me

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

god bless you, Masahiro Sakurai-san

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

tyler posted:

nope. lots of people here seem to like xenoblade 2 but im convinced its some kind of mass psychosis

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

god bless you, Masahiro Sakurai-san

all the updated melee stages look so good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

nope. lots of people here seem to like xenoblade 2 but im convinced its some kind of mass psychosis

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

XBC2 is awesome and I'll be playing the DLC.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They just added a challenge mode too with costume unlocks so you can walk around as Diver Rex and Cloak Pyra. Simply incredible.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i gave the first xenoblade chronicles a good go .. i even got about 15 hours into it. but theres nothing good about it except for the retarded names all the enemies have like Defiled Skirting Board

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The biggest reason I want a switch is for Xeno2 lol - post also meant to the demon thread

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't really like 1 and gave up after like 5 hours but 2 is way better

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

tyler posted:

Disgaea 5 is good

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

extremebuff posted:

all the updated melee stages look so good

i also just figured out the Super Mario Bros 2 stage is back

i definitely think this thing is gonna have every stage ever

Edit: I just realized saffron city hasn't been in a single smash game besides the n64 one. It definitely is going to have every stage ever

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jun 17, 2018

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I.N.R.I posted:

btw, i want a wii u really bad but the nx is coming out. so i have to wait and see if that plays wii u games first

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

i never got one and im waiting for a switch to be delivered right nao :-] guess its good enough that theyre just porting all the wii u games to it anyway

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i also just figured out the Super Mario Bros 2 stage is back

i definitely think this thing is gonna have every stage ever

Edit: I just realized saffron city hasn't been in a single smash game besides the n64 one. It definitely is going to have every stage ever

4 different versions of final destination please

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

extremebuff posted:

4 different versions of final destination please

they are changing the omega thing from 4 so all the omega stages are actually identical so you have 100 different final destinations with different graphics and music ftw

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i have to imagine a big part of what pushed them to make 'ultimate' was that character poll they did, causing them to realize the video game smash fans really love is smash

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

they are changing the omega thing from 4 so all the omega stages are actually identical so you have 100 different final destinations with different graphics and music ftw

also battlefield modes for every stage AND you can just disable annoying hazards so you can play the megaman stage with all the cool poo poo it does without yellow demon showing up and destroying a serious match lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

extremebuff posted:

also battlefield modes for every stage AND you can just disable annoying hazards so you can play the megaman stage with all the cool poo poo it does without yellow demon showing up and destroying a serious match lol

so drat win

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Might pick up mario and rabbids since it 50% off

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

extremebuff posted:

Oh poo poo that rules. There are a lot of stages I like the layout of but hate the hazards on, awesome

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

In Training posted:

I didn't really like 1 and gave up after like 5 hours but 2 is way better

Yeah same here. I ended up putting 120 hrs into 2

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

this segment is cool if you havent watched it yet
one guy talking about the early days at nintendo of america and naming pauline after his ex-wife while another explains scoring strats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnu-EqVGRow

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

elf help book posted:

one guy talking about the early days at nintendo of america and naming pauline after his ex-wife while another explains scoring strats

Supposedly Mario was named after the manager of Nintendo's first American warehouse

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Frenz posted:

Supposedly Mario was named after the manager of Nintendo's first American warehouse

he talks about that too

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

elf help book posted:

To this day I have no clue how you know if a barrel is going to go down the ladder or not. Is it completely random?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

To this day I have no clue how you know if a barrel is going to go down the ladder or not. Is it completely random?

the guy playing explains that the odds change depending on which way youre going, so you can influence it by facing away from the ladders, but its not 100%

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

i gave the first xenoblade chronicles a good go .. i even got about 15 hours into it. but theres nothing good about it except for the retarded names all the enemies have like Defiled Skirting Board

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

i never got one and im waiting for a switch to be delivered right nao :-] guess its good enough that theyre just porting all the wii u games to it anyway

i use my wii u more than my switch atm becasue the wii u allows me to play drilldozer and all those lovely gba castlevanias that are too dark and really sort of crappy, not that the ds ones are that good either except for ecclasia thanks to themagic of piracy

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Frenz posted:

Thought that was Kirby

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Average Bear posted:

Thought that was Kirby

Kirby VonMario was extremely influential

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

[quote="“mysterious loyall X”" post="“485184427”"]
i use my wii u more than my switch atm becasue the wii u allows me to play drilldozer and all those lovely gba castlevanias that are too dark and really sort of crappy, not that the ds ones are that good either except for ecclasia thanks to themagic of piracy
[/quote]

I pirate all my gba games on an original psp

For a while I tried the vita but homebrew on it was a pain in the rear end for a while and super experimental dunno if it’s better now

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Average Bear posted:

Thought that was Kirby

Kirby was named after the lawyer who defended them when Universal Studios sued them for ripping off King Kong

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

King dedede was named after Rev. Martin Luther King and that’s why it’s called dream land (I have a dream)

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

extremebuff posted:

the NX will probably be something crazy because the folks at nintendo are some ham and cheese short of a loving sandwich and I love it

you were right.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Octopath will be 50 hours long and without DLC since it's a "finished game".

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I started the Octopath demo as the hunter lady and there was a bunch of 'didst thou acten' type talk but I was cool with that but then it stopped being voice acted and i didnt want to read to myself in that voice, and then i remembered jrpg intros are often boring and this demo is 8 jrpg intros so i turned it off

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love JRPG intros, when everyone is level 1 and getting into 3 random battles raises your level by 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

elf help book posted:

I started the Octopath demo as the hunter lady and there was a bunch of 'didst thou acten' type talk but I was cool with that but then it stopped being voice acted and i didnt want to read to myself in that voice, and then i remembered jrpg intros are often boring and this demo is 8 jrpg intros so i turned it off

only the hunter lady talks like that the other chars are normal