Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

loquacius posted:

I'm mad to hear that this problem is apparently so much more widespread than I'd realized (I guess due to my no-nightclubs-ever bubble???) and I still wanna know why these places' bouncers aren't doing their goddamn jobs

They keep out under-21s just fine, why is that apparently so much easier to ask of them than pruning the clientele for non-rapeyness

:eng99: most dudes, including most bar management and bouncers, don't actually think rapeyness is actually a problem, and/or don't think dudes harassing women actually counts as "rapey" unless he physically pulls her pants down and announces that he's not joking and truly intends to rape her right now, and even then an awful lot would make excuses for the guy, welcome to our society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

loquacius posted:

I'm mad to hear that this problem is apparently so much more widespread than I'd realized (I guess due to my no-nightclubs-ever bubble???) and I still wanna know why these places' bouncers aren't doing their goddamn jobs

They keep out under-21s just fine, why is that apparently so much easier to ask of them than pruning the clientele for non-rapeyness

Tbh I kind of wonder if it’s in part because “oh he’s not breaking any laws and we can’t kick out everyone who is called an rear end in a top hat so :shrug:”. Like a lot of people won’t believe that women get harassed so much or play it down, why would a bouncer be any different?

E:fb

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

loquacius posted:

I'm mad to hear that this problem is apparently so much more widespread than I'd realized (I guess due to my no-nightclubs-ever bubble???)

yeah, this isn't nightclub-only behavior either

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

And it doesn't just happen to adult women.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Ime bouncers don't get involved until it escalates to violence, and if it does, they're all "can't tell who started it" so everyone involved gets kicked out.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

LadyPictureShow posted:

My brother’s a gently caress-face for sure. We all went out for his birthday when I was 22. I got a little drunk, went out back to smoke, and by the time I came back they had all left. (My brother apparently said ‘Nah, she’s fine to get home’ before they all bounced). The only point he got concerned was when another guy he ditched texted him saying ‘I’m leaving with your sister’. He let me sleep on his couch and drove me back to my car in the morning.

Before you ask, I barely talk to my brother anymore.

Sounds like you've made the right choices here.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Anne Whateley posted:

Ime bouncers don't get involved until it escalates to violence, and if it does, they're all "can't tell who started it" so everyone involved gets kicked out.

That's what the drat pool cue is for I swear you people aren't listening

Barudak
May 7, 2007

tactlessbastard posted:

That's what the drat pool cue is for I swear you people aren't listening

LadySmith is a real product and real, final deterrent to these sorts with color coordinated rubberized combat grip so you can dress to self defence

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Bouncers always kick out who I ask, dunno where you are

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
haha lol that almost snagged me good one :)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

YeahTubaMike posted:

yeah, this isn't nightclub-only behavior either
This is why 'well just don't do this thing or go to that place' is generally poo poo advice in response to a woman complaining about harassment, too. If you're a woman, lovely dudes will harass you and most of them won't like hearing any variety of 'no'. The only way to completely avoid it is to be a hermit. Even being ugly won't save you, it'll just change the type of guy harassing you.

And guys can be bizarre enough that some real stories sound like made-up bullshit unless you were there or unless you understand how weird dudes can get. I once had a guy yell at me to smile when I was driving my car. He was sitting in a different car. The extent of our interaction was that we were both waiting for the same light to turn green. Something very specific must have broken in his brain for him to survey the stopped cars around him and get personally offended that the one woman he saw wasn't smiling when she was in a car alone.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

Caganer posted:

One of the big red flags they warn about in “gift of fear” is unsolicited promises. “I’m not going to rape you” being a great example of a giant :redflag:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
My wife is dealing with a situation now where someone she is close to was raped while in the military, and of course the guy only got charged with trespassing and underage drinking. This woman got a rape kit immediately and testified against him. My wife was calling her military contacts for help, and of course the other military people started saying "Oh, the military takes this VERY seriously, so if that happened, something is fishy with your friend's story."

Really? Last I heard over a 1/3 of the women enlisted are sexually assaulted. Seems like taking it "very seriously" means they very seriously cover poo poo up or aggressively victim blame. This person literally has to eat and work with the person who raped her, and she's got no recourse.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Female [24] has been sending me [24]M sexual snapchat.

quote:

Hello all, This is pretty weird situation. I don't know how to react to this. But i've known this girl since 2009. But from year 2009 and to 2013 i was Friend zoned by her. Then 2013 i met my EX girlfriend and we dated until 2017 January.

Then this female friend of mine has been sending me snapchat's like her bathing and showing her leg and hip. Not the vagina But it's sexual. Also has been sending me of her underwear in a thong for example. Last night she send So tired going to bed and she was just wearing thong and bra and was showing her back. So i obviously saw her buttcheeks.

This morning she send of her Chin but she was toppless and the picture was taken so i saw almost her nipple of the boobs.

Its not the first time, She also send me once when she was ONLY wearing a thong and holding her hand over the breasts and saying I love it when you see gym progress!

I've asked her about this. And she said to me that she sends this too other guys but it's only meant for one? how does that make sense? Why send something like this too many guys? I somehow think she is lying. But not sure. Because last time i knew i was friend zoned. Maybe time has changed? I'll be honest last weekend when she send me a snapchat of her going to bed and she was toppless. I send her a video of me jumping in my bed where i showed a little bit of my penis yes i know it's hosed up. I took like 3 attempts to show just to show it a little bit and she replied with haha i saw your penis and i said What? Sorry!! like it was an accident, And she just said Haha it was funny no worries

tl;dr She sends me sexual snapchat but i'm not sure how to handle it.

(bolding and italics preserved from original)

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Feeeeeemale

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Men status: stoopid

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The nipple of the boobs is among my favorite nipples

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
that one is kinda cute hopefully he can pull a sherlock holmes on this mystery

Barudak
May 7, 2007

dudeness posted:

Female [24] has been sending me [24]M sexual snapchat.

(bolding and italics preserved from original)

I get this dude, I totally get it. Just, you gotta sit down and be honest with yourself, how much do you like the Counte of Monte Cristo

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My (44M) sister (41F) moved in on my block. She is now being controlling over my kids (12M, 9F) and saying I am a bad parent because I am not a helicopter parent like she is. She's now practically blackmailing me by threatening to tell our parents I use drugs if I don't 'be a better parent'.

quote:

My sister moved into my neighborhood and we decided it would be a good idea if she moved into my uncles house who passed away. I live only 3 homes down from the house. She moved in 4 months ago. I didn't really think it would be a big deal honestly.

Except, she is being really neurotic about the way I am raising my kids. My wife passed away 3 years ago so its just me raising them. I let them walk to school alone (its a 15 minute walk) with each other. I let them play outside on the street and bike around the neighborhood, typically together. I make sure they do their chores, which usually involves basic stuff like doing the dishes or taking the garbage out. They're allowed to hang out with friends from 3pm-7pm and then they have to come home for dinner.

Apparently, all of this stuff is considered horrible parenting to my sister. She literally freaked out the first time she saw my kids walk to school alone, and she called me saying that they had nobody to take them to school. When I explained that they just walk because the school isn't that far, she was insanely confused and asked what was I gonna do if they got kidnapped, or hit by a car or something. I just told her, its not that big of a deal, just drop them off but you don't have to pick them up every day.

Except, she kept pestering me about this. Saying she literally could not believe I let them walk that distance alone. Then she also freaked out when she saw my daughter ride her bike alone on the street without any supervision. I typically don't let her go all around the neighborhood alone without her brother, just around the block. Once again, my sister freaked out at me and kept running all these scenarios about all the bad things which could happen to her. She kept saying that something was wrong with me that I am not worried about her being alone outside, and that I must be crazy to not be scared for her.

She THEN also freaked out at me because I made them do chores and stuff, saying they were too young and that I was being authoritarian. At this point, it just seemed like she was trying to look for things to attack me for. She got upset when I got my daughter a doll and my son a video game, saying that I was enforcing harsh gender roles on them that will hurt them later on in life. I just didn't even know what to say, at that point I told her, please leave my house and stop pestering me about my kids.

This kept on going on, for weeks on weeks, she would leave crazy voicemails about how she is terrified for my kids and that I need to wake up and realize I need to be watching over them at all times and stuff. She made up a lie saying that my son fell over on his bike and hurt himself and that I wouldn't have been there to help him if it was a worse injury, except the time frame she said that happened didn't make sense and my son denied it.

Then, one day, she came over and told me she has no other option but to tell my parents I am abusing drugs unless I take care of my kids better. My jaw nearly dropped. Growing up in my teens and 20s, I used cocaine and MDMA, and my parents found out and right away thought I was a drug addict and freaked out and tried to send me to rehab. I was just usually the drugs casually, but regardless my parents were super sensitive to that stuff so they demanded I go to rehab. I went just to make them not worry, but really I had zero real problem with it. Regardless, I got labelled in my family as the 'drug addict son' and what not. So obviously, this would be a big deal.

She basically just told me that she thinks I am a terrible parent to my kids and that I am not watching over them and yadda yadda blah the whole shtick. But that not she is taking extreme measures to make sure her niece and nephew are safe. I told her to get the gently caress out of my house right now.

What the hell am I supposed to do? I mean this entire situation is so ridiculously hosed that she would even say that just because I don't helicopter parent my kids? Her kid is away at college, and I don't know exactly how she raised him but I can only imagine how over protective she was around him.

TL;DR : Sister is threatning to tell my parents I am abusing drugs unless I become a helicopter parent like her.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

talk about a control freak

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Haifisch posted:

My (44M) sister (41F) moved in on my block. She is now being controlling over my kids (12M, 9F) and saying I am a bad parent because I am not a helicopter parent like she is. She's now practically blackmailing me by threatening to tell our parents I use drugs if I don't 'be a better parent'.

So uh, OP, are you still doing drugs cause youre not denying it

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

post says he used in his twenties. he's in his fourties now. so is his sister.

which makes me wonder why his sister thinks its such a powerful point of leverage to snitch to their geriatric parents. is it a threat to get him written out of the will or something, or does she just want to make the family even more dysfunctional?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
she tipped her hand, gotta just tell the parents she's using drugs before she can

Asinine Tails
Aug 11, 2012

spatula posted:

When I used to say "I have a boyfriend", I got a lot of responses like, "oh, I just meant (give me your number/let's hang out sometime) as friends" and I still have to say no but then it's more awkward. Not sure how to deal with that move.

These days I just avoid scenarios that have me talking to strange men.

Yes, this! Every time.

Let me preface by saying, I've never had a problem in bars. The times I've gone, it's either been with a boyfriend, with a mixed-gender group of friends, or with glbt female friends at the gay bar. So I honestly can't comment on how this situation breaks down in the bar setting.

But when i was younger and walked everywhere because i didn't have a car yet, i was harassed constantly by men. To give an example of the frequency of the harassment, on the highest end, one time i walked home from my shift at Burger King at 10pm on a weeknight (a 20 minute walk), and had 5 different cars with creepy men stop and ask if i needed a "ride," and who mostly didn't want to take no for an answer. If you want to know why I couldn't just ignore them, I knew from experience. If I tried to ignore them and kept walking, they would just pull into the next parking lot to try again until I engaged.

I dressed as nondescriptly as possible, and this was still a huge issue. I purposely dressed down to reduce the amount of attention I received on the street. I'm not even conventionally attractive, so I can't even imagine how huge of an issue this is for other women.

There were many, many times when a guy would ask for my number, and if I refused, they'd pester me about why I wouldn't be their friend, and often times frighten me. I suffered (and still do), from moderate anxiety, so I often felt cowed into giving them my number so that they would leave me alone. Better to deal with them through (ignoring) them on the phone, than face what might befall me in person. If I did submit and give a number, they would call or text it immediately. A few times, I gave them a fake number and told them my phone was dead. One time, my phone rang right after I told them that, and I just ran. After that scare, I always gave them my real telephone # and just ignored any calls afterwards, even if they were frequent. (And they often were very frequent.) Just put my phone on vibrate for days until they gave up.

So I really can't blame this girl here for being as scared as I was, because it's for good reason. But like I acknowledged, I was walking on the street, away from anyone who could possibly help, so alerting the bartender might be a better decision, and a choice I wish I had had.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

For the record, at no point was I actually joking about the LadySmith product line other than if you buy it without pink grips you can save some money.

Edit: Everytime an r/relationship story starts with the woman admitting the relationship started when she agreed to get into a stranger who was trying to pick her up on the streets car I just cringe

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Haifisch posted:

Move.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Barudak posted:

For the record, at no point was I actually joking about the LadySmith product line other than if you buy it without pink grips you can save some money.

Edit: Everytime an r/relationship story starts with the woman admitting the relationship started when she agreed to get into a stranger who was trying to pick her up on the streets car I just cringe

I spent an afternoon at a rape crisis center to learn what they do and how they work and it was scary how many sorirs started with "stange man talking young woman into getting in a car at a gas station.".

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

she tipped her hand, gotta just tell the parents she's using drugs before she can

coke dad is the new wine mom

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Jeez. My old roommate was going out for her first OKC date after a really bad snowstorm hit the city. The guy offered to pick her up, so she asked me to walk her out to meet the guy because she was fretting about accepting a ride from him.

He got a little weirded out when I took a photo of his license plate. I just said ‘Just playing it safe’ and told her to text me when she was on her way back. They ended up dating for about six months, and apparently I came off as ‘extreme’. She never admitted she asked me to do that ‘just in case’.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just laffo if you as a woman dont have trusted family with access to your gps at all times so they can make sure you actually got to where the date was supposed to be.

And by laffo I mean the world is a scary, dark place

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Street harassment dropped to zero when I got tattooed. The one guy who tried the 'I am circling because I am planning on awkwardly conversing with you at a bus stop even though it is 10pm and you have headphones in' thing got a minute into his pitch, then said "whoa, are those tattoos real??", and then suddenly was a lot less confident about talking to me.

People without tattoos keep telling me I should be worried that guys into tattoos will be creepy, but my interactions on that side of things has universally been "hey, nice tats!' and then they walk away.

As a lady who's been harassed frequently by strange men since I got breasts (at 11 years old), it's so amazing to not have to deal with it anymore.

The_end
May 17, 2014

Haifisch posted:

Call the police and tell them a strange woman is stalking you and your children.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

HazCat posted:

Street harassment dropped to zero when I got tattooed. The one guy who tried the 'I am circling because I am planning on awkwardly conversing with you at a bus stop even though it is 10pm and you have headphones in' thing got a minute into his pitch, then said "whoa, are those tattoos real??", and then suddenly was a lot less confident about talking to me.

People without tattoos keep telling me I should be worried that guys into tattoos will be creepy, but my interactions on that side of things has universally been "hey, nice tats!' and then they walk away.

As a lady who's been harassed frequently by strange men since I got breasts (at 11 years old), it's so amazing to not have to deal with it anymore.

I'm curious as to the size/placement/content of your tattoos because all the tattoos women I know complain about how its just a new fetish to comment on. "Oh, you look like one of those punk suicide girls."

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Dienes posted:

I'm curious as to the size/placement/content of your tattoos because all the tattoos women I know complain about how its just a new fetish to comment on. "Oh, you look like one of those punk suicide girls."

Full sleeves in a black and grey geometric style. Only real 'content' are animal heads (bull and jaguar) at the shoulders, but those aren't visible most of the time.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Why should he move, he was there first.

The_end
May 17, 2014

Dienes posted:

You look like you should be naked on the internet.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
so on legaladvice, the husband of an employee who was fired for faking a "disability" when she was actually a :airquote:feedee:airquote: tried to pull a milton (burn the building down).

Below is the entire saga, minus the original post which apparently was wayyyy to specific and deleted due to doxing concerns.

Basically, the employer had an employee who requested a bunch of accomodations (special chair, elevator, etc) for weight gain related disability. Employer assumed it was a thyroid issue or something and was super accomodating... until they discovered the woman on fetlife, and that she was a "feedee" - husband wanted to make her fat.

[Ontario] Update to Feeder Employee.(r/legaladvice)

quote:

hey everyone, I really didn't expect to have an update so soon, but my husband found something new last night and I just spent 2 1/2 hours on a skype call with my lawyer (while he's on vacation, bless his heart) so here we are. I'd also like to thank everyone who left comments in my last thread and helped me come around to waiting for my lawyer (even if it didn't go that way in the end). The majority of you were really kind and informative.

Also my last post was at risk for doxxing according to mods, so I'm going to be much more vague with this one on locations / website data. Mods, if you want something else changed please let me know.

So, onto this weekend's events. Lots of people were saying my best bet at this point would be gathering together the evidence of sick days lining up with photoshoots, so I brought all my work files home and started to go at it. Eventually I got too emotionally tired and started crying, and so my husband took over to do some of the match up work for me (he was already aware of what was going on, as he was present when I found Sarah and her husband's pictures online). While I had taken a bunch of screen shots I really had avoided looking at the actual pictures out of a mix of awkwardness / anger, and fixated on the dates listed more. However, at one point my husband called me over and asked me to look at a particular set.

Because of our field, my office has a large store room where we keep items used for set up. One of her picture sets had been taken in this store room over the weekend and had a title somewhere along the lines of "Naughty Work" (but not that). To give a bit of an idea of how this was even possible, my building doesn't have key locks we have a code pad system. My employees all have the codes, and it's not uncommon for any of my employees to visit the office on a weekend to do extra work or even just grab something they forgot to take home. All of that data is saved however, so I then pulled the keypad records from our server and sure enough, her code was used the day before the album was posted.

At this point I'm ashamed to say I lost it pretty hard and started screaming at the screen. It took a few hours for me to calm down, and then I called my lawyer on his personal cellphone which he said is allowable in an emergency. He picked up, I gave him a short run down and he told me to give him a half hour to finish lunch and then he'd call me right away.

I laid everything out for him (he tactfully avoided asking me how I found this profile aside from "did someone send this to you, did you have reason to look for it, or did you find it accidentally?" which was nice of him) and then asked him what we could do. My lawyer has said we have absolute cause to fire her without worrying about a rebuttal of this being because of her "condition" / weight gain, and that the best thing will be to have security at the door Monday waiting for her with everything at her desk boxed up and a formal letter of her termination.

He then suggested something I hadn't even thought about, which was needing that store room professionally cleaned (they used a plastic sheet but still...) and how to recover the cost of that from Sarah, as well as sending off a take down request for the album as my company logo is visible in at least two portions of it. He did tell me any of the accommodations I gave her without asking for a letter of disability were on me and not pursuable. At this point I'll probably just get the cost of cleaning that store room professionally, and getting rid of Sarah, which is fine with me.

My lawyer said he will be reaching out to a friend or two for help, as he's never faced anything quite like this. I told him that I could believe that, and that I was sorry to have to bring this to him. He joked that it was going to be one hell of a case study someday, and that if I need him for anything else related to this before he's back to give him a call.

As for me, I'm going to take 3 days off work after letting Sarah go to process my hurt feelings like some of you suggested. Then I'm going to have to install a full camera system in my office space, start building a new set of HR policies and look for someone to fill Sarah's position.

Again, thank you all for the advice you gave me even though I didn't end up needing it.

[Ontario] Final update to Feeder Employee.(r/legaladvice)

quote:

A lot of people asked to know how it went Monday, and I am both glad and sad to say Sarah has been let go without much ado.

I went into work early Monday morning and carefully packed and wrapped all of Sarah's stuff (she had a lot of knick-knacks), deactivated her door access codes and her employee e-mail/log in, took her name off all our official stuff as an employee and then was waiting with security when Sarah showed up for work.

I handed her the letter (checked and cleared by my lawyer late sunday night) and then the security guard handed her the box of her stuff. She opened the letter and quickly read through it and I watched all the color drained from her face when she saw the date I listed for the misuse of company property. I don't want to quote the letter too heavily for privacy, but it also said that she would receive her final paycheque via mail with the $200 removed for the professional floor cleaning, and that all material produced and resulting from the misuse of company property needed to be removed from any "online or physical media within 3 days" or I would have to pursue legal action.

At this point Sarah started to cry and it absolutely broke my heart, but she didn't make any argument (she didn't even say anything at all), but just handed over her employee badge and then she went back to her car sobbing without any incident.

I went back inside and broke the news to everyone else that Sarah had been caught in the misuse of company property and I had to let her go, and that a camera system would be installed this coming Friday. Everyone was pretty shocked, but I asked them to please refrain from discussing the incident as it was a confidential employment matter and they all agreed. Most of them just wanted to make sure I was okay, as apparently I looked a mess.

I'm taking my 3 days off work now, at home with my husband and our dog. I checked her fetlife account late Monday night and the photo set taken in the office has been wiped. Someone suggested I take my account offline for a bit, so I did (since I don't use it much anyways). I have cried a lot the past couple days now that the anger has pretty much gone out. Overall I still feel terrible about everything, but I suspect that will die out over time.

Again, thanks for all the sound advice and surprisingly deep support I received here. I know most of you are in it for the craziness of the journey, but everything you did is still appreciated.

[Ontario] Update 2 -- Feeder employee. (self.legaladvice)

quote:

So for those of you saying this wasn't over, I'm really unhappy to say you were right. At this point I really just WISH this was over, I'm so overwhelmed and drained. Writing it all out has really helped me out, and I know you guys like knowing the ending to stories so I hope no one minds another update. Again, thanks for all of your support during this. I do read everything in BOLA, I just don't reply unless I see people really confused about something.

Now onto the update.

Saturday Sarah's husband showed up at our building after dark, broke into the entrance way and was in the process of trying to break into our offices when the police showed up and arrested him. Thankfully the cleaner was in the upstairs hallway and heard him smash the lock on the door in order to get into the initial entrance way, then hid and called the cops.

According to the police he had a gasoline canister with him and they believe his intention was arson as retaliation for us firing Sarah. They wouldn't say much besides the base facts, however from what I gather (and also what the cleaner told me afterwards) he apparently flipped out when the cops showed up and was yelling incoherently.

The police called me and had me come into the station and relay my full story. It was awful and honestly really embarrassing. At this point they said there'll need to be an arraignment (which I won't be involved in) and then most likely a trial (which I may be required to be a part of) before we know what happens to him, but that they would update me as the case moves along when they can (like if he gets out on bail, etc).

The police are charging Sarah's husband with a handful of things (breaking and entering, attempted arson, apparently assaulting an officer and a few others) however my husband said we could probably recover the damages of the busted door as well. I also got together an emergency meeting for all the building / business owners and informed them of what had gone on (just the basics on Sarah's firing, not the details) and our business offered to hire a night time security guard for the next little while, which they agreed would be prudent. I feel really terrible about this now affecting them -- all of them could've lost their livelihoods. They were really nice about everything, but I can't help feeling like crap.

I sent all of this information off to our lawyer but haven't heard back from him as he's still on vacation.

We've still not heard anything from Sarah either, though all of her social media is gone (not blocked, we checked through an account she would have no reason to block) as well as her account on the website with the fetish photos. I honestly have no idea if she had anything to do with this or not.

So that's it. I'll see if I can update when everything is wrapped up (though some of you mentioned my lawyer may have me take these posts down), but if I'm able to it probably won't be for a while while the police and courts do their thing.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Lmao i read that OP last week and wish i’d saved it. It was extremely, hilariously hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I feel bad for Sarah.