Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Is he going to shore up that pit he's excavating?

Your nephew is a poo poo foreman, and is going to get one of his crew killed.

He later dropped an entire dump truck into the pit while refilling it in.

If you look closely there's the remains of a previous accident still buried in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bip Roberts posted:

You should get a bigassed foam rock and next time he goes outside without a helmet pelt him with it and tell him he died for his foolishness

Make sure the digger equipped with an ultrasound sensor he knows when to head butt it.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

poverty goat posted:

we just have the lowest loving standards in the world, let them write their own regulations, let them know in advance and all that

Uhhh you ever been to an Asian country?

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Relentless posted:

My nephew was playing with his new excavator at grandma and grandpa's.

I told him he had to wear his hardhat or THE OSHA would get him.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

You should get a bigassed foam rock and next time he goes outside without a helmet pelt him with it and tell him he died for his foolishness

My sister went to see some old-testamenty play at the Swedish Theatre and there was a scene where someone was stoned and the stones were foam and kept bouncing off his head and my sister started laughing so hard and couldn't stop they had to throw her out but they tried to ask her to leave in Swedish at first so she started laughing even more welp foam rocks tell you what.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

JB50 posted:

Uhhh you ever been to an Asian country?

in most of the first world salmonella is not endemic in the chicken, but here in america we pretend it's normal for chickens to live in their own filth so we can all save a few cents per bird

asian street chickens may even be healthier

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
edit: replied to ancient post

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Cable Guy posted:

Non subscription locked link from the ABC.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-06/beloved-terrier-eaten-by-a-crocodile-it-had-taunted-for-a-decade/9840026

(Uh... oh gently caress, it has a link to a facebook vid)
:stare:

Am I not supposed to side with the gator?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Today I witnessed two workers get stuck at 15 meters when the boom lift broke down. The basket was also tilted like 30 degrees when this happened so not ideal to stand on for a long period of time.The same boom lift malfunctioned previously last week but apparently the bosses think it works well enough. Anyhow, the only immediately available method to evacuate them was to drive a scissor lift next to the boom lift truck, and it barely reached that high, like a meter below the boom lift basket. Then the two guys slipped very awkwardly from one shaking basket to another from underneath their basket's railing while being attached to nothing. Yup, they decided that tying their safety harness to either basket before moving outside the basket at 15 meters above pavement is for wussies. Nothing happened but it wouldn't have been hard to secure themselves before making the jump.

That's my Monday OSHA Moment, thanks for listening!

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

GWBBQ posted:

Sounds like your conclusion is correct. Shift time and schedule should be in the contract and all members should vote on the contract and any changes to it.

Not if you're FLSA Exempt!

The Tesla Gigafactory has had extremely high defect rates in batteries, and punctured battery assemblies are glued back together and put into production.

True, but that looked like a Model S and the gigafactory doesn’t make batteries for those, does it?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

poverty goat posted:

in most of the first world salmonella is not endemic in the chicken, but here in america we pretend it's normal for chickens to live in their own filth so we can all save a few cents per bird

asian street chickens may even be healthier

also chicken farmers claim it'd be too expensive to vaccinate chickens and just get rid of salmonella entirely, which is why over 400 americans die from it every year.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Jabor posted:

also chicken farmers claim it'd be too expensive to vaccinate chickens and just get rid of salmonella entirely, which is why over 400 americans die from it every year.

They vaccinate chickens in the EU (which is why you can leave eggs out of the fridge there, since they don't need to wash the eggs with bleach and remove the cuticle), but it's by no means foolproof. There are still about 100,000 confirmed cases per year:

https://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/topics/topic/salmonella
https://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/press/news/171212
https://www.poultryworld.net/Special-Focus/Salmonella-special/The-Salmonella-puzzle--what-can-we-learn-from-Europe/

Obviously that's a huge improvement over the US's 1.2 million cases per year. But it doesn't just get rid of salmonella entirely, and getting that level of reduction takes a lot more than just vaccination.

Phanatic fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 18, 2018

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

His Divine Shadow posted:

Am I not supposed to side with the gator?

well, you see, scary violent monsters need to be destroyed.

But enough about redneck dog abusers...

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

well you don't want your chickens to get autism

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

HardDiskD posted:

This was way to drat funny to me.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

HardDiskD posted:

new thread title please

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Severe winds caused by Storm Hector rip through the VIP tent on the Scottish Open course in Gullane, Scotland, rolling it over before shattering it on the ground. Sadly no VIPs were inside at the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm0vPdJICE8

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

This seems OSHA adjacent

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

HardDiskD posted:

This is how I'm going to rebut all stupid arguments going forward.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Zil posted:

This seems OSHA adjacent

AND THEY RUN WHEN THE SUN COMES UP

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Looks like Musky is trying for a new angle

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/06/tesla-model-3-production-has-been-sabotaged-according-to-cnc/

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I was being sent down to a cardiac catherization (during the week it took them to figure out I was dying from congestive heart failure in 2011) when the IV tree, on a seperate roller, fell over as I was being wheeled into an elevator.

Having two IVs pulled simultaneously stung a bit.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Jabor posted:

this isnt so "chicken farmers" so much as Tyson Foods which has turned most of the chicken farmers into sharecroppers

Moto42
Jul 14, 2006

:dukedog:
I took some ag courses in high school and we got trucked out to see one of those Tyson Sharechicken operations.

The farmers(ranchers?) seemed legit happy to be running what amounted to a franchise model farm with a guaranteed buyer, cheap birds, and cheap feed all through Tyson.

Walking through the chicken house though, I remember thinking that it was like the perfect environment for a disease to spread through the population.

A lot of room, but the chickens didn't use it, instead clumping up into large crowds.
Chicken poop everywhere, with a dry dirt floor for it to dry up and turn to wind-blown dust when the fans kicked on.
The occasional dead bird being cannibalized.
Water was changed daily, but would become contaminated by fecal dust pretty much as soon as it entered.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Zil posted:

This seems OSHA adjacent

Looks like the studio cut the budget for the 2018 Battlebots season.

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

could be some industrial process coder yolo'd a bit too many things, which would be normal in other circumstances, but would become the perfect scapegoat for musk "you see! autopilot issues have all been due to this person! now we are totally on the up and up from here on out you betcha (hehe)"

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orly posted:

could be some industrial process coder yolo'd a bit too many things, which would be normal in other circumstances, but would become the perfect scapegoat for musk "you see! autopilot issues have all been due to this person! now we are totally on the up and up from here on out you betcha (hehe)"

too bad about all the other dumb poo poo he does so he can't just fall back on that without getting called out

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
So, the Honolulu Civil Beat volcano livestream returns tomorrow.
The local ISP put them in touch with a rental property owner. The owner is cool with them running a livestream, the vacationers are apparently cool with it and the ISP is going to go out and upgrade their internet connection tomorrow. The 70+ year old owner has been whacking down plants with a machete to clear the view :shobon:
That's a heck of a lot of people coming together to do something pretty cool even though they may not understand it.

The view isn't as :tif: as the last one but they've got power, shelter, internet and it's somewhere legal rather than in an evacuation zone.

The new camera position is near Hale O'Kealoha Ala Kai Vaction Home, 15-789 Paradise Ala Kai, Keaau, HI 96749

I drew up a quick map to show the new (expected) camera views and some of the old locations so people could get a sense of where things are located: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-CPKebJ60RvoVxZAJEx-OD5c1GlzNUbA&usp=sharing but is quite inaccurate. There's a crowdsourced map with much more detail.

The old location had to be abandoned once the lava crossed 132.

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 20, 2018

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Jabor posted:

Do you get to chose which 400? Like a poll, or the winner of a raffle gets to chose the whole lot? Might be worth it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Gromit posted:

Do you get to chose which 400? Like a poll, or the winner of a raffle gets to chose the whole lot? Might be worth it.

I know this can’t be the way it works on the basis that there aren’t enough dead politicians.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://i.imgur.com/txU24lz.mp4

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Is that a Robin Reliant?

So they took a car that's notoriously unstable on the ground and tried to get it in the air via a method that's notoriously unstable with craft *designed* for rotating wings.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Proteus Jones posted:

Is that a Robin Reliant?

So they took a car that's notoriously unstable on the ground and tried to get it in the air via a method that's notoriously unstable with craft *designed* for rotating wings.

They figured two wrongs might make a Wright.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Trabant posted:

:golfclap:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
This must be one of those autogyros I've heard so much about

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=067ZRcsrdeM

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Trabant posted:

:doggo:

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Trabant posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Trabant posted:

:discourse: