Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

yoshi's island ds is pretty ugly honestly. like

no thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

YIDS

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Me want Octopath

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

extremebuff posted:

*absolutely never takes my switch out of the dock because im afraid of hurting it and wouldnt even dream of taking it outside* It's cool that those games would be portable though

I’ve had mine for a month and there’s already 3 massive gouges in the screen protector lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I'd actually be happier with Smash Switch being a port because Nintendo feels like they're ripping off people just making a port so they compensate with Mario kart 8 Deluxe having 48 loving tracks

Imagine smash wii u with every past character and every past stage :allears:

lol just found this old post of mine itt

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

lol just found this old post of mine itt

:worship: :worship: :worship:
What is your next prediction, O great nestrodamus?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
it'll never happen but I hope Nintendo gives Wonderful 101 another chance on Switch

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
it will happen

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Almost every notable WiiU game is on there so I don't know why they wouldn't.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Almost every notable WiiU game is on there so I don't know why they wouldn't.

it sold like poo poo and didn't review fantastically well and it's a big game that'd require more effort than usual to port

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i picked the merchant, in octopath: cocktease ed.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ninty is doing a frequently updated smash blog the way they did for brawl to hype poo poo up and they'll use it to unveil new maps and items and maybe even characters

https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/blog/

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

extremebuff posted:

ninty is doing a frequently updated smash blog the way they did for brawl to hype poo poo up and they'll use it to unveil new maps and items and maybe even characters

glad to learn about this.... Mario...?

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

it was also the first and only Nintendo console that used the old controllers from the previous system

You mean the second? Also Wii remotes don't work for every Wii U game like Gamecube controllers do for every Wii game.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tressa FTW

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Caithness posted:

You mean the second? Also Wii remotes don't work for every Wii U game like Gamecube controllers do for every Wii game.

I don't count the Gamecube; it was there because it was backwards compatible. I rarely saw a game besides Smash that used it. The Wii U had a boatload of games that supported the Wiimote. They were required for all of the dance games for example. Also later Wiis (and the Wii Mini) did not support GC controllers.

Chill Penguin posted:

:worship: :worship: :worship:
What is your next prediction, O great nestrodamus?

Listen bitch, every Smash game took out characters and stages; this is completely unprecedented. Do you know what i would give for MK8 Deluxe to have every track in it??? loving Banshee Boardwalk for the mother freakin' win!!!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

Cobalt Viper posted:

I hope they do a website thing where they release details about a certain player or trophy or stage every single day for the next 4 months.
:hellyeah:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress yeah, it looks like they';re showing 3 things a day!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I’ve had mine for a month and there’s already 3 massive gouges in the screen protector lol

i am a clumsy dumbass i dont trust myself to remove it from the safety of the black rectangle

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_jwBHd9Ij0&t=860s
powerful maneuver (timestamp 14:20)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

extremebuff posted:

Yes!!!!!!!! :worship:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I have a cover for mine that zips up and is soft on the inside. It’s pretty big with the cover and it doesn’t have a handle or anything so I end up holding it like a clutch purse like I’m Kate Middleton

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Plugged in my GameCube for the first time in ten years. System, controllers, memory cards etc all still work perfectly so I played a few rounds of Melee with my kids.

Trying to decide if I should check in on my Animal Crossing town or if I'm better off not seeing the decrepit ruins.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

I don't count the Gamecube; it was there because it was backwards compatible. I rarely saw a game besides Smash that used it. The Wii U had a boatload of games that supported the Wiimote. They were required for all of the dance games for example. Also later Wiis (and the Wii Mini) did not support GC controllers.

Listen bitch, every Smash game took out characters and stages; this is completely unprecedented. Do you know what i would give for MK8 Deluxe to have every track in it??? loving Banshee Boardwalk for the mother freakin' win!!!

I wasn't being sarcastic, but yea Banshee Boardwalk would be an epic Smash stage

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

P-Mack posted:

Plugged in my GameCube for the first time in ten years. System, controllers, memory cards etc all still work perfectly so I played a few rounds of Melee with my kids.

Trying to decide if I should check in on my Animal Crossing town or if I'm better off not seeing the decrepit ruins.

Powerful Nintendo Dad. visit your friends in AC and report back

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

P-Mack posted:

I can’t find any of the video cables for my Wii or GC and the Chinese ones that are on amazon have all the same reviews, basically between “these work great” to “they caught on fire when I took them out of the box” so I dunno what to do

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gently caress yeah, it looks like they';re showing 3 things a day!

they showed so much at e3 though im wondering whats left lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

they posted a remix of splatoon music by the sonic music lead today which was cool.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

they posted a remix of splatoon music by the sonic music lead today which was cool.
Stuff like that was always my favorite part of the Brawl blog. Sure new characters are cool but detailing the dozens of thousands of little things is super interesting too.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Cobalt Viper posted:

Stuff like that was always my favorite part of the Brawl blog. Sure new characters are cool but detailing the dozens of thousands of little things is super interesting too.

a lot of people i know were rolling their eyes at nitnendos e3 presentation being like 'bowsers punch is 2 frames faster' and im like can you make one of these videos every month

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

a lot of people i know were rolling their eyes at nitnendos e3 presentation being like 'bowsers punch is 2 frames faster' and im like can you make one of these videos every month

i need the deets on my man DK

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremebuff posted:

i need the deets on my man DK

deets attached.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My main is Rosalina but I might switch to Daisy.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Chill Penguin posted:

I wasn't being sarcastic, but yea Banshee Boardwalk would be an epic Smash stage

Oh haha sorry, I guess I am bitter and assume everyone is being sarcastic lol

I mean even what they displayed was better than my wildest dreams because it's not even a port of Smash 4 which is completely insane

extremebuff posted:

How are they even gonna stretch it out until December 7th???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
new Snake/Otacon codec calls for all the new characters :stare: