Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

mrkillboy posted:

I'm finding a lot of these leaked/soft launched apks from big name publishers now require a region check or a license check from Google Play to work so I assume that's what happened here.

what region is it for? I can set my vpn and try again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Blackchamber posted:

what region is it for? I can set my vpn and try again.

I'm in Australia and the Play Store version works for me.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

mrkillboy posted:

I'm in Australia and the Play Store version works for me.

I guess I'll have to wait. Both the aussie servers I can use still wont let me download the patch update whatever.

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

Is Shadowrun: Dragonfall gone from the Play Store? I bought it ages ago but it's no longer showing up when I search for it on both my phone or Chromebook. I'm not seeing any news updates about it anywhere.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

ovaries posted:

Is Shadowrun: Dragonfall gone from the Play Store? I bought it ages ago but it's no longer showing up when I search for it on both my phone or Chromebook. I'm not seeing any news updates about it anywhere.

I think Google pulled it a couple weeks ago because of it being not updated to be GDPR compliant or something but they are working on it https://www.reddit.com/r/shadowrunreturns/comments/8mj3dt/update_on_dragonfall_missing_from_google_play/

Sockmafia
Mar 4, 2015
Trine 2: Complete Story is on sale for those interested. AU$4.99 down from AU$24.99.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.frozenbyte.Trine2&hl

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

Geektox posted:

I think Google pulled it a couple weeks ago because of it being not updated to be GDPR compliant or something but they are working on it https://www.reddit.com/r/shadowrunreturns/comments/8mj3dt/update_on_dragonfall_missing_from_google_play/

Fair enough. Thanks!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Hi Goons, I'm really liking Sdorica: Sunset so I created a guild in it. I considered calling it Goon Sduad but I figured just Goonsquad will do.

Server is Stardust Library, invite code is b9fef0

Right now limit is ten people, but shouldn't be too hard to increase that.

This is from a while ago but myself and a few other goons accidentally ended up on the same server as the goon guild. Is it still active at all?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I just got my invite to the closed beta of that apparently horrible Shin Megami Tensei game. It doesn't go live until 8pm tonight PDT though

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Len posted:

I just got my invite to the closed beta of that apparently horrible Shin Megami Tensei game. It doesn't go live until 8pm tonight PDT though

I also got an invite to the supposedly garbage SMT mobile game. Hopefully it's at least sufficiently bad for a few incredulous laughs, rather than just typical boring bad that is the majority of the play store.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Infinity Gaia posted:

I also got an invite to the supposedly garbage SMT mobile game. Hopefully it's at least sufficiently bad for a few incredulous laughs, rather than just typical boring bad that is the majority of the play store.

Hopefully it's enough to make me go play Devil Survivor or Strange Journey again.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Len posted:

Same.

*This URL is used exclusively for Andrlod (Google Play). It is different from the iOS ver.

Can't wait to run this on my Andrlod.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Speaking of early access for lovely phone versions of better games, you can apply for early access for Elder Scrolls: Blades
https://bethesda.net/en/play/blades

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Speaking of early access for lovely phone versions of better games, you can apply for early access for Elder Scrolls: Blades
https://bethesda.net/en/play/blades

Site won't load for me for whatever reason. Any idea if it'll run on an LG G4?

Getimmaaw
Dec 22, 2006

Tsurupettan posted:

This is from a while ago but myself and a few other goons accidentally ended up on the same server as the goon guild. Is it still active at all?

I left the guild a few weeks ago, it's no longer active.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
RIP Archeage Begins in ~6 weeks. FU whoever mentioned it here cos I actually got into it after my initial negative reaction and I really liked my guild.

https://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?434431-Annonce-Annonce-de-r%C3%A9siliation-du-service&p=1201192#post1201192 (use google translate)

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
This game is old, but I only recently found out about it: Void Pyramid

It reminds me of Earthbound and Yume Nikki in many of its aspects. Exploration/light-puzzle-solving/light-rpg-combat game with a cool surreal aesthetic.
It's also on Steam, apparently, but I think it works better as a mobile game.

Void Pyramid is rad and I like it.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Just in time for the season finale, the Westworld game is apparently out of soft launch and available to everyone now.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I just noticed that this SMT game says if you're a minor (under 20) you need your parents approval to play the game.

:psyduck:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Len posted:

I just noticed that this SMT game says if you're a minor (under 20) you need your parents approval to play the game.

:psyduck:

Penis monsters and devils on toilets, dude.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Push El Burrito posted:

Penis monsters and devils on toilets, dude.

Well yeah but 20? I thought it was like 18 for penis monsters and devils on toilets

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Len posted:

Well yeah but 20? I thought it was like 18 for penis monsters and devils on toilets

There's probably one country that has it set at 20. But why customize something literally nobody cares about?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I saw a penis monster when I was 20 and I didn't visit another glory hole for 10 years. It's traumatizing.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i just can't handle gacha games where you have to fuse dupes of characters that are already incredibly rare. it's always an awful system and only people with brain worms or inhuman luck can take advantage of it.

If any of the gacha games had an actual good game behind the smoke and mirrors I'd probably be in trouble, but they all seem to be extremely lacking in the actual play a game part of the game.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Relentless posted:

There's probably one country that has it set at 20. But why customize something literally nobody cares about?

Japan's age of adulthood is 20, it's probably japan

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
So, the SMT game

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Suzy Cube is a newly released but long in development premium 3D platformer inspired by Super Mario 3D Land that's apparently quite good.

Also out, a port of arty puzzle game Gorogoa.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jun 20, 2018

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Gorogoa is out.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Another thing out today, a port of Evoland 2.

minema
May 31, 2011

Montalvo posted:

Gorogoa is out.

Just bought and played this in one sitting, I loved it! Great puzzle game and the art is gorgeous. Perfect length in my opinion, and I think I will actually replay it despite having "solved" all the puzzles.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Anyone else notice the penis monster has an ability called Hell Thrust?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Anyone else notice the penis monster has an ability called Hell Thrust?

Oh trust me, the developers know exactly what they are doing whenever the penis monster is on screen.

Edit: From another game:

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 20, 2018

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

minema posted:

Just bought and played this in one sitting, I loved it! Great puzzle game and the art is gorgeous. Perfect length in my opinion, and I think I will actually replay it despite having "solved" all the puzzles.

That's actually kinda disappointing for a $5 game. Are they going to add more content?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

minema posted:

I'm trying to take it in small chunks, stopping for a break after each orb, or whatever they are. I'll probably finish it tonight though.

minema
May 31, 2011

New Leaf posted:

That's actually kinda disappointing for a $5 game. Are they going to add more content?

It was probably about three hours to be fair. I wouldn't normally pay for such a short game but honestly I'm very glad I did. The artwork is beautiful and it's all completely hand drawn by the creator, and the puzzles are satisfying without ever being frustrating. Also it took him five years to make so in the end I'm happy to spend £3 supporting him.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Washout posted:

If any of the gacha games had an actual good game behind the smoke and mirrors I'd probably be in trouble, but they all seem to be extremely lacking in the actual play a game part of the game.

I'm just going to point out that Final Fantasy Record keeper just overhauled their quest system to basically give you all the formerly gacha items you need to beat even the end game for free.

I'm not going to shill for it too much, but as a gacha afficianado it's extremely good and deep gameplay, and relatively have none of the exploitative poo poo of other gachas.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Thundercracker posted:

I'm just going to point out that Final Fantasy Record keeper just overhauled their quest system to basically give you all the formerly gacha items you need to beat even the end game for free.

I'm not going to shill for it too much, but as a gacha afficianado it's extremely good and deep gameplay, and relatively have none of the exploitative poo poo of other gachas.

Wait what? They got rid of the gacha in FFRK?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Kaninrail posted:

Wait what? They got rid of the gacha in FFRK?

No. But the new quest system gives you a bunch of free pulls and then a bunch of choices for free items, including some pretty high end choices.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

minema posted:

It was probably about three hours to be fair. I wouldn't normally pay for such a short game but honestly I'm very glad I did. The artwork is beautiful and it's all completely hand drawn by the creator, and the puzzles are satisfying without ever being frustrating. Also it took him five years to make so in the end I'm happy to spend £3 supporting him.

I've spent more money on shittier films!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Geocities Homepage King posted:

No. But the new quest system gives you a bunch of free pulls and then a bunch of choices for free items, including some pretty high end choices.

Is this a one and done sort of deal (only get credit towards free pulls after the first completion of a node) or is this something you can grind out for a pull every couple of days?