Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

KoldPT posted:

If you're rolling 10 3* cards, the tenth will be turned into a 4* CE.

Ok, then what for the guaranteed servant? If the tenth card would be the tenth non-servant, what does it turn into? A servant at same rarity, or a 3* servant (4* if both safety nets trigger)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Omobono posted:

How does the guaranteed 4* card and guaranteed servant work exactly?

It's not confirmed but my guess it just has special pools for 9th and 10th rolls (or any two others) that strip out the 3*/CEs and fill the probability space with 4* CE/3* servant, respectively.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Kyte posted:

It's not confirmed but my guess it just has special pools for 9th and 10th rolls (or any two others) that strip out the 3*/CEs and fill the probability space with 4* CE/3* servant, respectively.

I'm not sure this would be legal though, as it would remove the stated chances for the 5* options.

E: obviously I'm not a lawyer, especially not one specializing into Japanese gambling laws (or whatever governs the various Gachas), but I do know Japanese law requires the publication of the odds.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's a lot of math (the BEST kind of civilization), but this did a fairly deep dive into the odds that are theorized to be behind the system:

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/8s2tvq/math_of_how_multi_rolling_might_affect_the_odds/

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Contrary to how it's portrayed in the game proper, the cards in a 10 roll are decided simultaneously, not one-by-one.

My guess on the matter, going by the logic that DW has no interest in giving players more gold Servants than they have to, is that

1) All 10 cards are rolled.
2) If no cards meet the Guaranteed Servant requirement, convert one card to a Silver Servant.
3) If no cards meet the 4* requirement, convert on card to 4* CE.

In that case, getting 9 Silver Craft Essences and 1 gold Servant at the very end has nothing to do with converting, it's just a statistical chance of you getting a card that meets both requirements as the last one.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

J.A.B.C. posted:

Yes.

Now, I'm not sure if it's still a thing, but I remember reading somewhere that early on in JP, the gatcha gave better chances (only slightly, but still) to paid quartz over earned quartz. Of course, a lot of people were upset over it, but I don't know if it changed anything.

I find that I've actually been pretty lucky with my draws, and I only have two in about 4 months and both of those were during their specific banners (Jalter and Scathach) when their rates were upped. Of course, the one time I paid for quartz all I got were event CEs, so probably not the best purchase.

Fair enough. I feel a little better. May not about spending money, but better.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Welp, just hit the 200mil dp cap, but still gonna do the raids like a good boy because I don't wanna miss any SQ. What struck me about this event, other than it being easier than Rashomon, was that I barely used any dumplings at all. I think overall, I used a little more than 5 dumplings, and just waited for the natural refill most of the time. I think even if this had a 300mil cap I would still reach it before the event is over.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

MonsieurChoc posted:

That's cool and all, but I meant the original Jerusalem singularity.

Camelot is actually the aftermath of the singularity. It wasnt a complete rewrite.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Omobono posted:

I'm not sure this would be legal though, as it would remove the stated chances for the 5* options.

E: obviously I'm not a lawyer, especially not one specializing into Japanese gambling laws (or whatever governs the various Gachas), but I do know Japanese law requires the publication of the odds.

How so? It doesn't touch the 5* chance at all.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Gologle posted:

Welp, just hit the 200mil dp cap, but still gonna do the raids like a good boy because I don't wanna miss any SQ. What struck me about this event, other than it being easier than Rashomon, was that I barely used any dumplings at all. I think overall, I used a little more than 5 dumplings, and just waited for the natural refill most of the time. I think even if this had a 300mil cap I would still reach it before the event is over.

I've been playing the 2BP Advanced non-stop to collect the lower level berserker gems which seem far more scarce than the expensive rare ones.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Kyte posted:

How so? It doesn't touch the 5* chance at all.

I misinterpreted what you wrote. It doesn't indeed.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
Oh poo poo, I'm rapidly reaching the QP limit. I've been really thrifty with QP and maybe a tad too burn happy in organizing my inventory. Really regret going all in for Half-AP Treasure Doors because somebody said QP was the most limiting resource.

My biggest problem is I don't really have any servants I really want or need to 10/10/10 right now. I just really like having a decent supply of mats to ascend any new servant I get immediately.

My only 5 Stars are Gil and Altera, but only thing I use is the Atk Up skills, and even then they're pretty mediocre.

Maybe Herc, I've always kept him as a backup for challenging content since he maxed his bond, but no fight has ever gotten to him so far.

Maybe do innefficient XP expenditures like using all 2 star and below for leveling. Don't know how I feel about using 3 stars like that though, I don't feel like I can ever have enough Mana Prisms.

Any other ideas?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Or just keep your QP at the cap until something comes around to spend them on. You don't have to blow it as soon as you got it.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Directly leveling a high-level CE with the trash you get from FP summons is that classic, but at less than 10k QP per card it's still going to be a slog to keep it under control.

edit:

Gologle posted:

Or just keep your QP at the cap until something comes around to spend them on. You don't have to blow it as soon as you got it.

As I understand it you can't start quests or burn cards if your QP is at the max limit.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 20, 2018

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I didnt know that. Well that sucks. I guess raise some useful low level Servants like Mozart, Arash, Shakespeare, Hans, Asterious, Servants that you can use for gameplay reasons and not just because of favoritism.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

I love this man. :allears:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Hail stan

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

AtheistMantis posted:

Oh poo poo, I'm rapidly reaching the QP limit. I've been really thrifty with QP and maybe a tad too burn happy in organizing my inventory. Really regret going all in for Half-AP Treasure Doors because somebody said QP was the most limiting resource.

My biggest problem is I don't really have any servants I really want or need to 10/10/10 right now. I just really like having a decent supply of mats to ascend any new servant I get immediately.

My only 5 Stars are Gil and Altera, but only thing I use is the Atk Up skills, and even then they're pretty mediocre.

Maybe Herc, I've always kept him as a backup for challenging content since he maxed his bond, but no fight has ever gotten to him so far.

Maybe do innefficient XP expenditures like using all 2 star and below for leveling. Don't know how I feel about using 3 stars like that though, I don't feel like I can ever have enough Mana Prisms.

Any other ideas?
I find it hard to believe you have no servants with skills worth leveling in general, but for Gil keep in mind his third skill will get buffed to include a NP charge.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

AtheistMantis posted:

Any other ideas?

Herc is good fun with max skills and some crit stars. I'm the opposite of you, I have lots of servants with level 10 skills but am always broke as a result. I don't regret any of my 10 skills though, if nothing else you'll notice the cooldown difference as we're given progressively longer fights as the game goes on (which is also where Gil shines after his buffs & Herc with his bond CE).

Max skills is also pretty much the only way to show off in this game to your friends list, outside of whaling, so in this regard it is v. important

Thinking fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 20, 2018

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Half an hour left and mama is down. I repeat, Mama is down.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Mama down, raid over, Kintoki get, but most importantly, grail gotten:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I enjoy that the game basically told me to spend quartz if I want my hug.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Mama down, raid over, Kintoki get, but most importantly, grail gotten:

Great job on your maxed out Top Boy

So are all the reruns starting tomorrow or did they start like right now? :v:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Gloomy Rube posted:

So are all the reruns starting tomorrow or did they start like right now? :v:

Seems like we may have a day or two to farm Ushi Gozen before the reruns start.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
satan page, post cursed rolls

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Clawtopsy posted:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Golden is also a good sempai.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

blessed, actually

Magical Bee
Jul 30, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jesus

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
So is there a simple guide so I know where to farm event currency most efficiently? I can pretty easily do mama 6m with Nobu/Waver/Shiki so it's mostly just farming to buy out the shop.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

So is there a simple guide so I know where to farm event currency most efficiently? I can pretty easily do mama 6m with Nobu/Waver/Shiki so it's mostly just farming to buy out the shop.

there's an event guide here that lists drops and whatnot

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AXwqq1bRrt7_1_fK6HpY6KsY6DGmtqVuV9hIxehLuxQ/htmlview?sle=true

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Thanks mate :toot:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

so loving cursed :shittypop:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Meh, you got two 4-Star servants and a 5-Star CE. That's pretty good.

I got multiple rolls with the minimum of one 4-Star CE and nothing else.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Getting a dud is better than being spooked twice by cumhail

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

This is completely meaningless.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

sorry

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

chacha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
kawaii