Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Nooner posted:

I :filez: it a ways back but its anniying having to open each episode and also the quality sucks i miss it being on netflix ):

You wouldn't steal a Jay peg would you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

13Pandora13 posted:

How is this show still not on any streaming services what the gently caress.

yeah that's it I'm pirating it today

I was willing to give money but gently caress it

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I made a vlc playlist of every episode I put on shuffle every night before I go to bed

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Nooner posted:

I :filez: it a ways back but its anniying having to open each episode and also the quality sucks i miss it being on netflix ):

Plex will auto open the next episode. It's like Netflix, but files on your computer

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i pirated it but some of the eps are old newsgroup uploads, and have “greetz” scrolling over a gif of luann shaking her bare breasts. so it’s complicated.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

yeah im totally gonna use some web 2.0 software to manage my pirated library of poo poo

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
"Besides, I think your lawn is...shaggy!"

"You say somethin' about my lawn, Bill?

:Whimpers and drives away in reverse on his lawn mower:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Hes got the black vote... Earl.

Hes also got the gay vote... Earl.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZgzsU-txl0

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Biggest Meltdowner posted:

Mike Judge and 20th Century Fox had some kind of falling out and they recut the film and didn't promote it for poo poo. The wikipedia article doesn't really clear it up.

Who? Who in the media tricked you?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Hank is great because he is 99% sure Dale is bullshitting him, but by god he's not gonna take that chance.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
I'm slowly amassing a DVD collection of the show so my mom and I can watch it anytime we want.

Up to Season 7 right now! I know there's better sources out there but this is the most convenient for her to watch.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

There’s a real life Hill family in England that survived a gas leak and the wife’s primary and back up parachutes failing, thanks to a soft mud field. Her army husband is a mix of Bill and Buck.

quote:

Victoria had completed more than 2,500 jumps. She knew what to do, so cut away the main chute and deployed the reserve. It did not work.

That was the last thing she remembered.

Airfield ground staff watched in horror as she spiralled to the ground. She looked "like a rag doll", being flung about underneath a malformed canopy.

They were so certain she had died they took a body bag to collect her.

Her survival was described by experts as "a miracle" and was put down to her small size and the fact she landed on a soft, recently-ploughed field.

She suffered a broken spine, a smashed pelvis, fractured ribs and internal injuries.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-44209421

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hyrax Attack! posted:

There’s a real life Hill family in England that survived a gas leak and the wife’s primary and back up parachutes failing, thanks to a soft mud field. Her army husband is a mix of Bill and Buck.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-44209421

I can hear it in my head now...

Peggy: "I will have you know, seenyore, that my survival was described by experts as "a miracle" and was put down to my small size and the fact I landed on a soft, recently-ploughed field. Hoo-yeah!"

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Sibilant Crisp posted:

"I feel like little girl in mamas shoes!"
"You don't come into a womans home and disrespect her feet, you just don't!"

"You look as sexy to me as propane tank...I tell you hwhat."

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Bwaaaaaa!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
When the time is right, a maiden will be delivered up to me. Probably from the East.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
So that’s what it sounds like when a train hits a truck. It was a little more trucky than I would have thought, considering how much train there was.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Peggy The Boggle Champ is definitely still my favourite episode.

"Peggy 'ill iz down to 'er lazt ..... bencil."

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Plus it gave us what is pretty much the Citizen Kane of YouTube poops. Not too shabby.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Cosmik Slop posted:

Plus it gave us what is pretty much the Citizen Kane of YouTube poops. Not too shabby.

Just remembering "Boggle??" makes me chuckle.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Just remembering "Boggle??" makes me chuckle.

Dallas sallaD

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
how come in all previous rounds coaches had to watch from the CCTV room, but in the final room the coaches could be present at the game and even provide the players with additional pencils

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

gently caress you, grandma!

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
I wish I could go to bed right now and wake up in two days with a shovel in my hand.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Nooner posted:

When the time is right, a maiden will be delivered up to me. Probably from the East.

Resplendent!

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
watching beavis and butthead and noticed the smoking bandit

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
Rewatching KOTH from season 1, me and my mom have started talking about how Luanne is a surprisingly developed character despite being first presented as "blonde airhead".

Comes from actual trailer trash, wants to work professionally as a beautician, isn't grossed out by sex ed and actually more knowledgeable about it than the textbooks give, has a solid grounding on car maintenance and mechanics, and ran a moderately-successful children's puppet show on cable.

So that's neat :)

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

FinalGamer posted:

Rewatching KOTH from season 1, me and my mom have started talking about how Luanne is a surprisingly developed character despite being first presented as "blonde airhead".

Comes from actual trailer trash, wants to work professionally as a beautician, isn't grossed out by sex ed and actually more knowledgeable about it than the textbooks give, has a solid grounding on car maintenance and mechanics, and ran a moderately-successful children's puppet show on cable.

I always loved her character. I dont think "dumb" describes her. She's just... simple

datajugend posted:

watching beavis and butthead and noticed the smoking bandit

Oh poo poo. I remember that lady. She did the sex talk line. lol @ the Dale and Joseph look alikes. There were a lot of characters on B&B that carried over to KotH.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Cosmik Slop posted:

Boggle boggle boggle boggle boggle

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Papa Emeritus III posted:

Oh poo poo. I remember that lady. She did the sex talk line. lol @ the Dale and Joseph look alikes. There were a lot of characters on B&B that carried over to KotH.

Mr Anderson is basically Hank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-NbpfrMAgk

I feel like king of the hill missed the opportunity for an awesome callback somewhere in those 13 seasons.

e:

quote:

Hank has been compared to Tom Anderson, the "disapproving old man" who is a neighbor of the title characters on Judge's earlier series Beavis and Butt-head.[7] Television columnist Frank Wooten of The Post and Courier has written, "Hank still looks and sounds like a young Mr. Anderson (beleaguered, baffled Korean War veteran of 'Beavis and Butt-head'). But he's more in touch with contemporary reality (sort of) -- and funnier."[8] Throughout the show's run, Hank's character personality appears to primarily be built around the image of the all American, authoritarian family man. In a 2006 interview, Judge said, "Originally I was going to have Hank be his [Mr. Anderson's] son. I was kind of thinking we'd tie it into "Beavis and Butt-Head" as a sort of spinoff or something, but Fox said no."[9] Greg Daniels, another creator of the program, has said that Hank Hill is "based on a lot of neighbors I've had… He's upset about how America is changing, and he doesn't know what to do about it."[10]

Huh there ya go

Reince Penis fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 20, 2018

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FinalGamer posted:

They tapered off the mechanic bit over the seasons I'm pretty sure and I'm kinda bummed they did.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Milo and POTUS posted:

They tapered off the mechanic bit over the seasons I'm pretty sure and I'm kinda bummed they did.

Yeah she got dumber and less nuanced as the seasons went by.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
ya but she was fuckin tom petty so that is pretty rad

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Yeah she got dumber and less nuanced as the seasons went by.

She starts off as a 3 dimensional character and ends up as a "blonde airhead". The direction her character went is just so disappointing. Maybe she just couldn't cope with Buckley's death. She'd be such a wreck if Lucky died, which he'd have to if they ever make a new season.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

pixaal posted:

She starts off as a 3 dimensional character and ends up as a "blonde airhead". The direction her character went is just so disappointing. Maybe she just couldn't cope with Buckley's death. She'd be such a wreck if Lucky died, which he'd have to if they ever make a new season.

he could just be out following Brownsville Station on their farewell tour or something

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Reince Penis posted:

Mr Anderson is basically Hank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-NbpfrMAgk

I feel like king of the hill missed the opportunity for an awesome callback somewhere in those 13 seasons.

e:

Huh there ya go

I like how Neo's real name in The Matrix was Tom Anderson, so I like to pretend that they're the same person

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
favorite line from the Luanne's dad episode is Lucky asking him "so pop ... you workin on the state oil rig? ... or the federal one?"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Crackheads and debutantes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

pixaal posted:

I mean, neither voice is alive anymore, they could both be written off as moving somewhere or some other suitably redneck thing.