Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The people who keep asking for this game on Switch are the internet's worst trolls.

yet the voices for it grow louder.
We only just got rid of PS3 limitations. :negative:

Those limitations were because the ps3 has 1/8th of the ram that the switch has.

It was a struggle for them to add even small ui changes because of it. The switch itself wouldn't result in any restrictions being placed on other platforms in the same way.

Ohtsam fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Mymla posted:

Half the reason Eureka is bad is because it denied me a relic grind.

you poor broken catgirl

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'd play it on switch, but also I can just as easily steam link it to my phone or remote play it to my Vita so I'm not hard up for Portable FF14

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Mymla posted:

Half the reason Eureka is bad is because it denied me a relic grind.

??? It's right there dude

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Vitamean posted:

I'll take this.

You'll need to be 20 to even enter the next bit so might as well finish it off.

jesus christ what ungodly outdoor zone has beefy elementals and magic pots just hanging around

is... is this the inspiration for eureka.........

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

World War Mammories posted:

jesus christ what ungodly outdoor zone has beefy elementals and magic pots just hanging around

is... is this the inspiration for eureka.........

First thing I thought of when I saw Eureka was "isn't this just Abyssea?"

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Rainuwastaken posted:

BLM is an utter joy to play until a fight forces you to move more than twice a minute, at which point I get really grumpy really fast.

I leveled BLM on a whim and now it's my second main. I was NOT expecting it to be just seriously the best loving thing, but here we are.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
Anyone who thinks Eureka is good didn't start it over a month after release when everyone else is high level and running trains meanwhile you can't even use your mount

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ArtIsResistance posted:

Anyone who thinks Eureka is good didn't start it over a month after release when everyone else is high level and running trains meanwhile you can't even use your mount

You can easily follow the train unmounted.

Source: I did the entire eureka grind this month when most people were 20. Sprint is good!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Note Block posted:

I leveled BLM on a whim and now it's my second main. I was NOT expecting it to be just seriously the best loving thing, but here we are.

Fire 4 changes a person. I went and leveled two other classes just to make sure, classes that should by rights be more fun and convenient to play, but man. Scratches the same itch my arcane mage does: pop all your CDs, stand in your big conspicuous mage circle, and bludgeon somebody to death with your mana bar.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ArtIsResistance posted:

A month? That was already true like 3 days after Eureka came out. The mount thing is not that big a deal.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Sprint is good!

But is Eureka???

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

ArtIsResistance posted:

But is Eureka???

:hai:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Note Block posted:

Same. I cannot describe how much I utterly hated the flow of the class when I leveled it to 26 for swiftcast back in the day. In Stormblood I finally decided to sit down and push through to get progress on that God of Magic title, and wouldn't you know it the class pulled a complete 180 once I unlocked Blizzard 3 and Fire 3. I love it.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Source: I did the entire eureka grind this month when most people were 20. Sprint is good!

The challenge logs help a TON. I helped four of my friends level from 1 to like 17 in only a few cumulative hours of effort, because the challenge log rewards ludicrous amounts of experience and the occasional NM that popped up nearby helped too.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Eureka is poo poo

*does ARF 300 loving times*

Man this is extremely my poo poo though

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
But

but

look, THIS time we got a mob corridoor that uh,
GOES AROUND IN A CIRCLE once!

dungeon srule

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Dungeons are badass in theory but in practice lame because their gear sucks and there's no M+

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
launch ARF ruled because you got to see who did second coil and who didn't

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I loving love dungeons and I've run over 1000 in the past 8 months alone but I'm not missing the one extra exdr dungeon every two major patches.

Also Eureka is ok.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

dungeons are good because they give us pretty environments and rad music

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I feel like your impression of dungeons will also vary depending on how long you've been playing. I know that as someone who's played since launch, three dungeons every patch was extremely my poo poo and I used to run EXDR daily, even when I was weekly tome capped, just because it was still fun enough to do for the fringe benefits like item drops and uncapped tomes.

Nowadays though, I'm surprised if I run a single EXDR most weeks outside of patch launches. I still appreciate the dungeons as a creative work with fun boss encounters and getting more glamour gear is always worth doing, but the experience just isn't the same once you've been doing it for 20+ permutations of the same thing. If they want to scale it back and look into other varieties of gameplay, I'm cool with it.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I rate content based on how much trash I have to kill for the billionth time. And using this metric I determined that Eureka is good because I can just afk and wait for the bosses to appear, while dungeon roulettes actively kill my soul even though I like the environments the first few times through.

Make more trials for side content.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Let us queue for dungeons as crafters/gatherers and give us a ten minute time limit to construct a gobbie death machine to flatten the dungeon for us.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Put big fish in leviathan imo

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

Make leviathan a big fish and also stuff him all coiled up in a tier 4 aquarium

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Rainuwastaken posted:

BLM is an utter joy to play until a fight forces you to move more than twice a minute, at which point I get really grumpy really fast.

"OK, after dealing with that mechanic I should still be able to maintain Enochian with Fire I"
[Arrested Development Narrator] They lost Enochian

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

Also in Diadem

in a 2 hour ET window

as a predator catch, from a double mooch off another big fish, only in a precipitation -> calm weather window

and it requires patience 2

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Bolow posted:

Eureka is poo poo

*does ARF 300 loving times*

Man this is extremely my poo poo though

I mean you're free to do that if you want, or you could just keep it in your pants for 3 seconds and get tomestones from roulettes like god intended.

I'd still rather do ARF 300 loving times than eureka, though.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

HenryEx posted:

Also in Diadem

in a 2 hour ET window

as a predator catch, from a double mooch off another big fish, only in a precipitation -> calm weather window

and it requires patience 2

and Fish Eyes, which another unrelated Big Fish in the same hole also requires, and every eyes cast has only a 50% chance to trigger for the right fish

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

HenryEx posted:

and Fish Eyes, which another unrelated Big Fish in the same hole also requires, and every eyes cast has only a 50% chance to trigger for the right fish

the worst thing about 5.0 coming out is that I'll finally have to do the level 70 FSH quest

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Let us queue for dungeons as crafters/gatherers and give us a ten minute time limit to construct a gobbie death machine to flatten the dungeon for us.
This is what Astralagos should have been. Or just robot battle.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Countblanc posted:

Dungeons are badass in theory but in practice lame because their gear sucks and there's no M+

They need to introduce savage mode dungeons. Apparantly that is what heaven on high floor 30+ is supposed to be, but who knows.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Honestly though, they probably shouldn’t have spent so much time and effort to create all these original
eureka zones when it’s target audience would have been placated and pacified forever by a Final Fantasy branded cookie clicker clone stuck in some dank corner of the gold saucer.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

I’d be really up for EX dungeons, there really is a step missing between normal content and savage raid content and I think 4 man EX dungeons could fulfil that.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Eureka is nice. I hope they do better in the upcoming squeakuel.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Mymla posted:

I mean you're free to do that if you want, or you could just keep it in your pants for 3 seconds and get tomestones from roulettes like god intended.

I'd still rather do ARF 300 loving times than eureka, though.

Literally no one did this when the relics were relevant :ssh:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Bolow posted:

Literally no one did this when the relics were relevant :ssh:

Are you saying nobody just rode out their normal tomes instead of grinding arf? Because I absolutely did and only a complete imbecile would have done otherwise.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
oh god

If the Gold Saucer implemented a clicker game. I would be into that.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I mean, the grind sucks either way but at least with non-Eureka stuff I turn off the game when I'm not playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Mordiceius posted:

Mordiceius & Masami's 1st Annual Housing Decorator Battle Royale: A Fight to the Death... OF STYLE

The Warrior of Light has spent years on the the battlefield, fighting foes both seen and unseen. However, are you a bad enough dude to step up and take on the biggest challenge yet - interior design!

In conjunction with the Manderville Gold Saucer's Make It Rain campaign, Mordiceius Ketsumei wants to make it rain on your wallet with fabulous prizes!

Over the three weeks of this competition, the goal is to decorate the best house and/or apartment possible.

Rules & Requirements
This is for players on the Excalibur server, sorry other servers.
This is a competition for privately owned Houses and Apartments. FC houses are not eligible for the prizes.
You may compete in both the housing tier and the apartment tier, should you have both.
Only the current main homeowner may apply for competition. If you are a shared tenant of an estate, you cannot sign up with an estate unless you are the main owner.
To sign up, you must go to Mordiceius Ketsumei's house at Mist, Ward 9, Plot 4 and leave a message in the message book with your house/apartment address any time before the final deadline.
All entries must be open to the public so anyone can view.
All entries must contain a message book either inside or outside the property.

Final Deadline
June 23rd, 12pm (Noon) PDT

Once entries are closed, a list of all participating homeowners will be listed in this thread so anyone may view.

Winners will be announced by June 24th, 12pm (Noon) PDT

Prizes!
Best in Show: Estate
5 million gil
Player's choice of rare minion: Byakko Cub, Private Moai, Stuffed Tsukuyomi, Wind-up Magnai, Wind-up Shinryu

Best in Show: Apartment
1 million gil
Player's choice of rare minion: Byakko Cub, Private Moai, Stuffed Tsukuyomi, Wind-up Magnai, Wind-up Shinryu

Mordiceius posted:

:siren: MAJOR UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT :siren:

I am honored to announce a special guest judge and an extra cash prize!

Silver Bells is stepping up as an special guest housing judge as well as supplying a bonus prize!

And thus, in addition to the "Best in Show" category for estates, there will be Silver Bell's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize selections.

Prizes are as follows:
1st Prize: 3 million gil
2nd Prize: 2 million gil
3rd Prize: 1 million gil

Silver Bell's judging will happen separately from myself and Masami's and we will not know who the other chooses as the first. And thus, houses have the potential to win a whopping :siren: 8 MILLION GIL! :siren:

As of this post, there are currently 11 houses and 1 apartment entered into the competition. Entries close in just under 7 days from the time of this post. You can't win if you don't enter!

Entries close in about 67 hours!