Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Have they ever done toilet paper over vs underhand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Policenaut posted:

Have they ever done toilet paper over vs underhand?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

100YrsofAttitude posted:

People who don't know what real fruit and real fruit juice is like are the psychos. Unsurprisingly, you're all a bunch of shut-ins like Mr. Bates. You can take the Switch outdoors! Go eat and juice real fruit. With all their bits involved. If you can't deal with OJ with pulp I can't imagine you trying any other real fruit beverage. And if you ever travel anywhere that grows their own tropical fruit locally, you will find some incredible things.

:goonsay:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sometimes the good guys actually win

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Sometimes the good guys actually win

I've never felt more distant from Marina than now, knowing what I know about her toilet paper.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Guy Goodbody posted:

yeah. When I finally got to the second platform and made it to the end of it's track only to discover that the third platform isn't always there and I'd have to do another cycle on the second platform, I just said gently caress this

You just have to jump a little later than you think you would. On the plus side, that stage is super short and is pretty much just that section.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

People who don't know what real fruit and real fruit juice is like are the psychos. Unsurprisingly, you're all a bunch of shut-ins like Mr. Bates. You can take the Switch outdoors! Go eat and juice real fruit. With all their bits involved. If you can't deal with OJ with pulp I can't imagine you trying any other real fruit beverage. And if you ever travel anywhere that grows their own tropical fruit locally, you will find some incredible things.

I'm sorry but its trivial to make real orange juice at home from oranges with no pulp

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Hey, just a heads up don't buy used Switch games if you want to play online. While it's not likely to run into a cart that was copied, it could still be possible. if Nintendo doesn't ban the console itself, just the cart, then people could buy used/new games, copy the certificate and then return them. Then pirates get a cart cert to use for a while until it's banned, and then that's another banned cart in the gamestop system. Maybe Nintendo would be nice enough to let the person who ends up buying a banned cart to mail it in to prove they didn't pirate, they just got scammed. Then Nintendo could record the cert of the new cart, and if that ever shows up as being pirated, then they can hammer that person.. But it's Nintendo, ban first ask questions never.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 21, 2018

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

I got the Megaman Collection and started playing Megaman. I can't get past the platforming part of Gutsman's stage. lovely game.

Megaman 1 is loving abysmal, the series didn't actually get good until like, parts of 2 and 3. Later on in the "new" old games like 9 or 10 it got better but for the most part the NES games are so full of poo poo that is designed to aggravate you like lovely platform puzzles or those goddamn enemies that are too low to shoot. X1 and 2 is when they got their poo poo together.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Anyone that's ever had a cat knows the dangers of over the top toilet paper rolls. Underhand only unless you like to court disaster.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Rare to see the solo and team results split like that. I guess the back roll heathens had to band together for support.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Flubby posted:

Anyone that's ever had a cat knows the dangers of over the top toilet paper rolls. Underhand only unless you like to court disaster.

Someone always says this but I’ve had cats most of my life and never had this problem

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
re: Metroidvania chat a while back, there's an indie game A Robot Named Fight that randomly generates a Metroid-ish map that I've sunk a lot of time into. Winning runs rarely take more than 2 hours unless you're doing some silly grinding. More difficulty and depth than I first thought, lot of fun with the roguelike aspects.

b_d posted:

Someone always says this but I’ve had cats most of my life and never had this problem
No, no, I trust this rando poster who knows how All Cats behave. That seems totally reasonable, to me.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Just start with 2 and use the metalman blade for everything. Actually come to think of it, Megaman 2 is the only one I could still beat.

I beat Metalman and went to the next level but now I can't figure out how to equip his weapon

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Guy Goodbody posted:

I beat Metalman and went to the next level but now I can't figure out how to equip his weapon

Hit the start button and select M from the menu.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DLC Inc posted:

Megaman 1 is loving abysmal, the series didn't actually get good until like, parts of 2 and 3. Later on in the "new" old games like 9 or 10 it got better but for the most part the NES games are so full of poo poo that is designed to aggravate you like lovely platform puzzles or those goddamn enemies that are too low to shoot. X1 and 2 is when they got their poo poo together.

Come on, it’s not that bad. Playing them all on Legacy Collection in order I find the hate for 1 to be a little silly. It’s pretty much like the others just a little unpolished in comparison. 9 is full of more cheapness than 1.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I like Marina more, but in Splatfests she is always on the side of evil. Maybe from her perspective, it is I that is evil.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I don't like oranges, so any choice I could make would be dishonest, aside from the choice to sit this one out.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Hit the start button and select M from the menu.

Thanks. Jesus christ, this disappearing block level is the worst. Megaman games are terrible

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Thanks. Jesus christ, this disappearing block level is the worst. Megaman games are terrible

there's an item you get from one of the stages that trivializes that poo poo, i almost always do heat man close to last so i can skip that nonsense

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Leal posted:

I hope the next Splatfest is Beans vs No Beans in chili.

Beans only meatless chili please

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I just made chili in an instant pot the other day, it was the best chili I've ever made and it had beans in it. For meat I used about ~2 lbs ground turkey and 2/3rds lb spicy ground sausage I had in the fridge. drat I made a lot and lunches this week are going to be awesome because of it.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
So in Mario Tennis, is online doubles a thing? As in, my buddy on the other side of the state teaming up with me to play against other teams.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I was briefly expecting that story to end in "and I accidentally left my Switch in the pot and the joycons don't taste very good slowcooked."

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The background in Bubbleman's level is like a magic eye designed to give you a headache. Terrible, awful game.

What's the deal with the two life bars? I have two life bars now but I don't understand why one will go down sometimes and the other other times, or why I die while I still have half a life bar left

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I just made chili in an instant pot the other day, it was the best chili I've ever made and it had beans in it. For meat I used about ~2 lbs ground turkey and 2/3rds lb spicy ground sausage I had in the fridge. drat I made a lot and lunches this week are going to be awesome because of it.

Hell yeah. Plenty of protein for tennis

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

The background in Bubbleman's level is like a magic eye designed to give you a headache. Terrible, awful game.

What's the deal with the two life bars? I have two life bars now but I don't understand why one will go down sometimes and the other other times, or why I die while I still have half a life bar left

it's the ammo of your current weapon

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's the lifebar of the boss you need to shoot the boss until that lifebar is empty.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Guy Goodbody posted:

The other “life bar” is the energy for an equipped weapon.

Why do you keep playing when you clearly don’t like the game? It’s not going to change much if you don’t like Mega Man 2 so I wouldn’t even bother with the rest.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Guy Goodbody posted:

I got the Megaman Collection and started playing Megaman. I can't get past the platforming part of Gutsman's stage. lovely game.

It's the easiest loving platforming section ever conceived. How is it possible people 30 years later can't loving figure it out? It's not loving hard! The platform drops when the back edge hits the dotted line! Jump before that happens! End of story!

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I intend to play Hollow Knight this evening while cat-sitting at a house with back-rolled toilet paper.

But now I am tempted to drive home first for a glass of medium-pulp orange juice and to grab my Instant Pot, because chili does sound nice.

It is impressive how much the Switch (thread) has improved my quality of life.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

It's the easiest loving platforming section ever conceived. How is it possible people 30 years later can't loving figure it out? It's not loving hard! The platform drops when the back edge hits the dotted line! Jump before that happens! End of story!

it's the trash physics that throw people off, pits in MM1 are magnetized for some idiotic reason, and honestly despite the circlejerk MM2 is also rough as hell and not exactly a "good" mega man entry (it definitely was for its time though and the soundtrack elevated that game to whole new heights)

I'd say give 4-6 a shot and if you really hate those then yeah, it's just not for you. They're pretty old games to be fair, though I still think they're fantastic. I personally like 4 the best maybe, but 3-6 are all pretty close in quality

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Another day, another robot master

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lmao at advice to skip 2and 3

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
if jank is an issue, yeah 1 and 2 are janky as fuuuuck

3 not so much, but I think 4 is where the polish hits a nice consistent level, those games have aged a lot better than the earlier entries

For ultrafans, or for people who end up loving the series, 2 and 3 are absolutely unskippable. But you literally don't get anything from playing mega men strictly in the order of release, there's nothing to ruin there

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Mega man 2 is one of the best platforming games of all time you freakin dummies

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Leal posted:

I hope the next Splatfest is Beans vs No Beans in chili.

This would have a very good chance of bringing down multiple forums and possibly sparking multiple civil wars

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Mega Man 3 is better and Mega Man 2 is wildly imbalanced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Beans as a breakfast side vs. never no no not beans not ever with my breakfast, would be a landslide for the latter

• Locked thread