Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Nodosaur posted:

why do people dislike Kruge again? It feels like he set the mold for any Klingon antagonists that followed. And Christopher Lloyd acted the gently caress out of that part.

He was unfortunate enough to be in a sub-par movie. I always liked him and get the feeling that he got demoted and was trying to work his way back up like when Dukat was captaining a freighter. He understood English, he saw through Kirk's bluff, he constantly seemed annoyed at the incompetence of his crew, and he was trying really hard to get the Genesis secret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Who is the worst Klingon? Klaa? Some rando from Enterprise or something?

Disco doesn't count

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Toral really sucks. I'm sure he was supposed to suck, if only to make his sisters look better, but holy poo poo did Toral suck.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

This is what, the 4th time there has been a rumor about a Starfleet Academy show? I feel like they have wanted to do one since the 70s.

Yes they had a Starfleet Academy idea very early on when they were looking at doing the first movie and/or continuation after the animated series. Never you mind that the nuTOS movies basically are that idea.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Disco doesn't count

Alexander.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Timby posted:

Alexander.

Oh yeah, haha, of course. In all his iterations.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

dont even fink about it posted:

Yes they had a Starfleet Academy idea very early on when they were looking at doing the first movie and/or continuation after the animated series. Never you mind that the nuTOS movies basically are that idea.

the new one can be set in the TNG era with P. Stew as a teacher

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Number_6 posted:

Today's Special:

Gowron's Blackened Free Range Swordfish. Slain by hand in honorable undersea combat, and sliced into thick steaks with Kahless's eternal blade. Seared over the white-hot skulls of enemies of the Empire and infused with a bloodwine-chutney sauce. Served on a bed of live gagh, with choice of dirty rice or baked potato on the side.

I'd be willing to try gagh because the rest of that sounds fantastic.

gently caress Starfleet academy, give us Iron Chef: Qo'noS

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

8one6 posted:

Iron Chef: Qo'noS

Perhaps today is a good day to brine!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Disco doesn't count
I don''t remember his name, but Martok's son was a dick

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Why is Gates McFadden blonde in First Contact

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Drink-Mix Man posted:

*opens mouth, raises index finger*

quote:

Disco doesn't count

*lowers finger, closes mouth*

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Nodosaur posted:

Because Star Trek movies love to disappoint fans.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Nodosaur posted:

Jonathans Prefer Blondes?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Cat Hatter posted:

He was unfortunate enough to be in a sub-par movie. I always liked him and get the feeling that he got demoted and was trying to work his way back up like when Dukat was captaining a freighter. He understood English, he saw through Kirk's bluff, he constantly seemed annoyed at the incompetence of his crew, and he was trying really hard to get the Genesis secret.

And he got the best death of any TOS villain: Kicked by Kirk into a giant lava pit while he yells I! HAVE! HAD! ENOUGH! OF! YOU!

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Kruuge has all the best lines, and really is the prototype of the 'modern' Klingon. I always thought he really sold the idea of being a nobleman but from an alien culture, with completely different values and morals, instead of just a vaguely drunken space Viking samurai.

"NO!"
"But why?"
"BECUASE YOU WISH IT!"

I use that line on my kids all the time.

I'm seriously considering going to Fan Expo in Toronto this year and getting Lloyd (and maybe Shatner) to sign my ST3 poster.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

8one6 posted:

It seems there's some commotion on the challenger's side, Martok-sama.

Ye--yes! The p'tak sous chef seems to have made a mistake in the preparation of the main dish. OH! Iron Chef Gowron pulled out his ceremonial blade an-- wow, what an honorable death for the late sous chef.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

It seems there's some commotion on the challenger's side, Martok-sama.

Ye--yes! The p'tak sous chef seems to have made a mistake in the preparation of the main dish. OH! Iron Chef Gowron pulled out his ceremonial blade an-- wow, what an honorable death for the late sous chef.

And now, Judgment time, with celebrity judge, Emperor Gowron!

Glory to this dish...and it's hooooooooouse :gowron:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Nodosaur posted:

I believe that strawberry blonde color is actually much closer to McFadden's natural color and she requested it, not unlike LeVar Burton basically saying, "I'm not wearing that loving VISOR for one more day in my life, so figure it out."

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

WampaLord posted:

And now, Judgment time, with celebrity judge, Emperor Gowron!

Glory to this dish...and it's hooooooooouse :gowron:

I can’t be sure but... challenger Worf is doing something with prunes???

Timby posted:

I believe that strawberry blonde color is actually much closer to McFadden's natural color and she requested it, not unlike LeVar Burton basically saying, "I'm not wearing that loving VISOR for one more day in my life, so figure it out."

That makes sense.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The secret ingredient today is... cooked gagh!

Oh, by Kahless, that's a tricky one. Look at the concentration on K'vek's face.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Astroman posted:

Turns out holodecks literally run on space alien magic.

Not quite: it was ghosts!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

8one6 posted:

Your children and your children's children will bear the shame brought on by your uninspired plating.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

As you know the blood of a Bolian is acidic.

Yesterday a Bolian crossed me.

So today I cook this pagh in the blood of my enemies, sous vide.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

"Blood Oath" is the best Jadzia episode in the first two seasons of DS9 and it reminds me of that King of the Hill episode where Cotton and his WWII friends reunite to try to kill Fidel Castro

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The scene in "Civil Defense" where Garak is calling out Gul Dukat for hitting on Kira is the best-acted scene in the entire series and it is funny literally every time.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

mods ban this sick p'tak

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man as much as I would love to see Sir Patrick return as Jean-Juc Picard, anything not already in production would probably be firing up close to his 80th birthday? Like the dude is in fantastic shape for his age but it's probably something they should have done sooner.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Maybe it can be like Generations and he can fall down and then they put rocks on him.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I'm going to join in the hope that the limited series is TNG season 8, with plots entirely from said Twitter account.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh noooooo. Oh yeeeees. But they need to bring back the entire original cast, they’re old and dealing with a lot of candles you guys.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

TNGTAS please.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

DrNutt posted:

Man as much as I would love to see Sir Patrick return as Jean-Juc Picard, anything not already in production would probably be firing up close to his 80th birthday? Like the dude is in fantastic shape for his age but it's probably something they should have done sooner.

He could always show up in the pilot like McCoy in TNG. Reprise your beloved role, get a paycheck, buy more disco medallions.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

MikeJF posted:

TNGTAS please.

This is the correct response. And they’ll be better at it than the TOS cast since almost all of them have already done extensive VA work. I think Gates McFadden is the only one who hasn’t.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This is the correct response. And they’ll be better at it than the TOS cast since almost all of them have already done extensive VA work. I think Gates McFadden is the only one who hasn’t.

Oh yeah that could be cool, would avoid problems like Old Fat Data.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

Oh yeah that could be cool, would avoid problems like Old Fat Data.

Something something aging chip something something

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

He should have laid off the isolinear chips.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Workplace comedy a la The IT Crowd starring Chief Argyle, Jim Shimoda, and MacDougal.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Fister Roboto posted:

mods ban this sick p'tak

Man, you know that there would be at least a few of the most incredibly daring and bleeding edge (literally in this case) Klingon fusion chefs that have worked for years to produce a cooked gagh recipe that would result in anything other than a battle to the death for a Klingon customer.

A greater quest than finding the Sword of Kah'less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

DrNutt posted:

What was the future timeline in All Good Things? 25 or 30 years?

Given that said timeline was averted, seeing an actual Picard/everybody else about the age they were old-makeupped into there for real...well, it could be amazing.

It could be. If the more recent crops of ST writers were not involved.