Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I want to live in a place where horse rent and daycare are the same monthly cost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I want to live in a place where horse rent and daycare are the same monthly cost

I think the daycare is for the horse...

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

zakharov posted:

From personal finance

https://twitter.com/JucheMane/status/1009840350029078529?s=19

Someone just post the dril tweet

What in the flying gently caress does she do that she brings home $360 a MONTH?!

I don't know anything about bankruptcy, but they're in a hole they're never going to get out of, they're roughly $60k in debt (with a huge chunk of that in credit cards that are more than double their limits) and their monthly expenses are ~$1,000 over what they make before you even get to making the minimum payments on their debts. Bankruptcy might be their only loving option. Holy poo poo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ouhei posted:

What in the flying gently caress does she do that she brings home $360 a MONTH??

12 hours a week at minimum wage.

Did you know “Pony Girl” is a real job title? She probably does!

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain

blugu64 posted:

Thats Texan for the Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas area. True story, it’s the Texas Triangle.

Unironically, this is probably what she meant. She also told me that airplanes hadn't changed in more than 40 years and that "someone" needed to "get on that."

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Whorelord posted:

A guy (31M) who abused and viciously bullied me (29M) in my neighborhood moved onto my block. Even the sight of him sends me into panic, and he still sometimes calls out names at me on the street. I want to move, how do I convince my wife to move with me?

STELIO.... STELIO KONTOS!

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Barudak posted:

12 hours a week at minimum wage.

Did you know “Pony Girl” is a real job title? She probably does!

I found it on Reddit, she works 2 days a week for her parents. She just graduated from HS (online) late because she had to drop out due to having the baby. Of course her relationship isn't great either she says.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Flutieflakes017 posted:

Unironically, this is probably what she meant. She also told me that airplanes hadn't changed in more than 40 years and that "someone" needed to "get on that."

She was really dumb, sounds like you dodged a bullet OP

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ouhei posted:

I found it on Reddit, she works 2 days a week for her parents. She just graduated from HS (online) late because she had to drop out due to having the baby. Of course her relationship isn't great either she says.

Oh ahaha she actually does have a real baby and a horse. Guess its time to reboot “Queen for a Day” because this woman is in the running

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Holy crap on owing 10k and 13k on two cards with 5,000 dollar limits lmao. Also spending 1k a month on food when income is like 2.5k total. Stop stuffing your faces you dumb fat fucks

Play fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 21, 2018

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
They should eat the horse

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You know, they sound really white, so i dont say this lightly but have they considered getting a show on TLC to make ends meet?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Dude has 3 personal cell phones, a 'shop', sells on eBay for supplemental income, is heavily in debt...

Hmm

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
$600 in gas a month! gently caress!

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Play posted:

Holy crap on owing 10k and 13k on two cards with 5,000 dollar limits lmao. Also spending 1k a month on food when income is like 2.5k total. Stop stuffing your faces you dumb fat fucks

how is that even possible is everything over $5k interest and late fees? god drat

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dude has 3 personal cell phones, a 'shop', sells on eBay for supplemental income, is heavily in debt...

Hmm

The market on bootleg anime vhs tapes never recovered

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Wait so the only bills that she counts as 'hers' is the horse and part of the phone bill?

I understand she literally can't pay anything more with such crap money but it's like she considers all household bills his somehow separate from her.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Also how much of 'a nightmare' does your home have to be before you can't prepare food there. Did half of it fall off a cliff.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

Also how much of 'a nightmare' does your home have to be before you can't prepare food there. Did half of it fall off a cliff.

Their roomate is named Pineas Headward

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

The kind of nightmare where you can eat at a restaurant 30 days a month on someone else's dime instead of doing any work preparing food yourself. Seems rough :ohdear:

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
Eat. The. Horse.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Hmm

The money he makes from the side business barely covers the shop rent, lol.

quote:

Rent - we were hoping to move, right now we’re way too far out of town (all we could find when the place we were renting got sold out from under us) but both our cars crapped out and needed work so we no longer have the down payment money to move right now.
Phones - I have a phone and he has a phone, plus he has two work phones/lines. He swears he needs them and he uses them daily.
Horse - $350 is mucking and all, I don’t have the time to do it myself with my daughter but I’m thinking about leasing him so basically someone else pays to ride him because I need the money and I don’t ride him every day anyway.
Shop - We don’t have a garage and it wouldn’t be enough room for all his stuff anyway, his side business makes more that $500 a month but that doesn’t go very far with all the debt and bills.
Gas - We have two cars and live really far out of town. We both drive into town every single day and make a few stops after work and drive back out to go home again. Daycare is farther out of town so three days a week a go there twice a day too.
Food - Our living situation makes eating at home impossible right now. This house is a nightmare and we have no time to fix anything ever.
If it were up to me, our expenses would be a lot lower and money would be managed much better but right now it’s not up to me because I’m not the one “making any real money” as he says.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Like, I didn't even clock the rest. I just goggled at $360 monthly income, and $350 monthly spend on board for a horse :psyduck:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

chitoryu12 posted:

Doing some reading, you guys banned a bunch of guns but made up for the loss in mass shooting deaths with arson and stabbings.

The UK has ~18% of the murders per capita that the USA has. I can't see any quick way of comparing arson rates, but it looks like the US has more than twice the death rates by fire too. Apparently Trump made some dumb remarks about this recently because I found this article:
http://euronews.com/2018/05/05/trump-s-knife-crime-claim-how-do-the-us-and-uk-compare-

quote:

There were 34 firearm homicides in the US per million of population in 2016, compared with 0.48 shooting-related murders in the UK.

Knife murders are also higher stateside: there were 4.96 homicides “due to knives or cutting instruments” in the US for every million of population in 2016.

In Britain there were 3.26 homicides involving a sharp instrument per million people in the year from April 2016 to March 2017.

loquacius posted:

People from the New York area not only think everybody knows what "the tri-state area" means, they also think that the phrase "the city" implicitly means New York even if you're a native of a different city talking to another native of that different city while both of you are standing in that city's City Hall

That's dumb, The City is Constantinople :colbert:

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 21, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

dudeness posted:

Eat. The. Horse.

The horse isnt the one who got them into this mess, the horse should get to eat them

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

wow zaurg actually took bfc's advice and got a horse, but I guess he lied about getting divorced

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Ouhei posted:

The money he makes from the side business barely covers the shop rent, lol.

You could give these fools UBI and they'd still be up to their ears in debt living in a continuous crisis, too stupid to function.

And people would still say they just need a little help.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Barudak posted:

The horse isnt the one who got them into this mess, the horse should get to eat them

Fuckin agreed

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

How much money can you get from selling a horse?

Alternately, ride the horse into town (there’s probably laws about that though)

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

LadyPictureShow posted:

Guys, guys! Remember when we were all slapfighting about that guy who found his GF in bed platonically with her male friend and arguing about the leaking air-mattress?!

:siren:UPDATE:siren:

[UPDATE] I [24M] caught my girlfriend [23F] sleeping in bed with her male friend [25M] after she told me she wouldn't

:owned:

I love a happy ending! :allears:

I’m wondering if his ‘bone-headed mistake’ was... cheating?

I love that the ones who jump to conclusions about cheating usually have cheated (or are cheating) themselves :lol:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Rage comics were still the worst popular thing that ever happened on the internet

*best. I wish theyd come back

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

How much money can you get from selling a horse?

Alternately, ride the horse into town (there’s probably laws about that though)

If your selling it mint in box, a fortune. If your selling whatever theyre calling a horse you have to pay to dispose of it.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Darkhold posted:

Wait so the only bills that she counts as 'hers' is the horse and part of the phone bill?

I understand she literally can't pay anything more with such crap money but it's like she considers all household bills his somehow separate from her.

well she is effectively his dependent child

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Meme Emulator posted:

*best. I wish theyd come back

Of all the banal things to get mad about, posting a few panels of goofy poo poo in the form of a rage comic seemed to really really offend a certain segment of internet users.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

oh, to bring back the days when redditors spent all their time jizzing themselves over boring stories about the barista loving up your order with silly faces pasted into them, instead of joining the KKK

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Of all the banal things to get mad about, posting a few panels of goofy poo poo in the form of a rage comic seemed to really really offend a certain segment of internet users.

My favorite rage comic was when some dude didnt get to be mod of /r/fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu and wrote a rage comic about how he was sad he was happy to have a shot and wished everyone the best... then did the "Actually, its not ok!" face and it went on about how important he was to the community because he invented the "loving melvin" face

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

My favorite rage comic was when some dude didnt get to be mod of /r/fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu and wrote a rage comic about how he was sad he was happy to have a shot and wished everyone the best... then did the "Actually, its not ok!" face and it went on about how important he was to the community because he invented the "loving melvin" face

my favorite rage-comic thing was that there was a r/atheism rage-comic subreddit called r/aaaatheismmmmmm or something along those lines that was just constantly churning out unintentional-comedy gold

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Darkrenown posted:

The UK has ~18% of the murders per capita that the USA has. I can't see any quick way of comparing arson rates, but it looks like the US has more than twice the death rates by fire too. Apparently Trump made some dumb remarks about this recently because I found this article:
http://euronews.com/2018/05/05/trump-s-knife-crime-claim-how-do-the-us-and-uk-compare-

I was talking about Australia. You usually hear statements like "Australia banned almost all guns after Port Arthur and never had a mass shooting again!", but they had multiple mass shootings and still a ton of mass murders through methods like arson, stabbings, and beatings so their post-ban body count is still pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Flutieflakes017 posted:

And by that she means that Southwest has only 737s. Next you’ll be telling us that she had big hair, loved Selena, or have a favorite chips and queso patio