Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
The Sloppy Boys are one hell of a dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That was like being forced to listen to someone's first high school band.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

My reaction comes from being reminded way too much of an early 2000s New Zealand comedy rock band.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfNIOlX-K0s&t=30s

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

GoutPatrol posted:

Its almost like a game for me trying to figure out what the one word nonsense posts are referencing.

Same, except I'm not behind.

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

It blows me away that Weird Al is 58 years old and still looks that good

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I'm sort of disappointed that they have Weird Al on to plug the Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour, but didn't also have Emo Philips on.

e: Oh, wait, the tour is over. I guess that explains it.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Bath Tubs posted:

He's been vegan for like 20 years now, and I've only ever heard him talk about drinking beers occasionally. He will outlive us all.

All 77 of his shows going on Stitcher Premium is the best news. I would have loved to have seen this tour--it's the tour I've always wanted him to do--but he didn't come anywhere near me.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I saw the Toronto show. It was a fun performance with one of the worst concert audiences I’ve ever experienced. A drunk bro who didn’t understand the concept kept aggressively screaming “PLAY YODA!” so loud it was interrupting the stage banter, the guy in front of us was head banging in his seat so violently that I initially thought he was having a seizure, regardless of the tempo of the song. The place was just a giant horde of neckbeards with a bathroom lineup so long it wrapped around the inside of the theatre.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Dacap posted:

I saw the Toronto show. It was a fun performance with one of the worst concert audiences I’ve ever experienced. A drunk bro who didn’t understand the concept kept aggressively screaming “PLAY YODA!” so loud it was interrupting the stage banter, the guy in front of us was head banging in his seat so violently that I initially thought he was having a seizure, regardless of the tempo of the song. The place was just a giant horde of neckbeards with a bathroom lineup so long it wrapped around the inside of the theatre.

Well, did he play Yoda or what?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

WerthersWay posted:

Well, did he play Yoda or what?

He did not play Yoda.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Bath Tubs posted:

That dumb goddamn pose Scott always makes will never not make me laugh

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The first ever non-classical concert I've ever been to was Weird Al at Atlantic City when he was touring for Poodle Hat. My parents played slots and my sister and I had a great time. Al is a consummate showman.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I didn't look over the guests first, so hearing about a physician, I was bummed to find out we weren't getting Dr. Green, but this guy was crazy enough.
I don't remember the character previously appearing, but I guess he had.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I didn't look over the guests first, so hearing about a physician, I was bummed to find out we weren't getting Dr. Green, but this guy was crazy enough.
I don't remember the character previously appearing, but I guess he had.

How do you not remember Dr. Fash?

"That's my diet?"
"That's ya dyin'."

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Dacap posted:

Which Toronto show? There were two. I was at the one on the 9th for the record and the neckbeard thing is super accurate

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Lakeith Stanfield: cool guy, terrible podcast guest.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yeah within like a minute of the "interview" beginning I could tell this was one of those situations where a publicist booked the appearance, most likely without knowing what the show was.

EDIT: I listened to the rest of the episode and he's a fun guest who plays along when the characters come in, just not great in the one-on-one.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 3, 2018

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I would go fishing with him.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I thought he did okay. I liked when they tried to get Scott to do Africa voice.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Does he eventually lighten up? If not, are the characters worth it? I like Ego.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Does Lakeith Stanfield normally just go by Keith or did Scott get his name wrong?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I think Lakeith was incredibly stoned.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Mons Hubris posted:

Does Lakeith Stanfield normally just go by Keith or did Scott get his name wrong?

https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/1013882641161052162?s=19

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Keith

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The, Keith, The

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The opening interview was grim but when the characters came on it had a really enjoyable energy. Also i hate continuity but i like the saga of Scott ducking Ego's show.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013
Lakeith was great, I want to hear him do Hollywood Handbook.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"I love kitties."

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping

Franchescanado posted:

I think Lakeith was incredibly stoned.

This was my assumption as well and after the initial awkwardness I enjoyed listening to Scott really have to work to keep the interview going.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
At least Keith played along and participated. Most of the non-improv guests just do the interview segment then sit back silently for the rest of the show. I also like that he mentioned it being the most bizarre interview he's ever done which leads me to believe you guys might be right about his publicist booking him without any idea what the show actually is. It wasn't an all time great episode but I liked it just fine.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Franchescanado posted:

He's been vegan for like 20 years now, and I've only ever heard him talk about drinking beers occasionally. He will outlive us all.

Bring me something perrywinkle!

CBB is still hit and miss for me depending on the guests, but even a mundane Weird Al episode is a great listen.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Middleditch and Horatio is a very good combo

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
This episode is so good. "Oh, and I put moisturizer on a rubber dilly and use that to rub around my throat."

Also, I always wondered how they did phone voice on Earwolf shows

"When in doubt, choke 'em out."

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 10, 2018

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping
I liked the little bonus of Thomas Middleditch mentioning the existential hell that is being the face of Verizon.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

As much as I hate those commercials, I do like the fact he turned up in the ones that aired on Telemundo etc and joked with his equivalent guy.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

It is insane how good Tommy boy is on CBB.. And to get that type of performance out of Raj, whooooo baby

Crazyweasel fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 10, 2018

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I still surprises me how relatively recent his first CBB was. He just works so well as a CBB guest.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Crazyweasel posted:

It is insane how good Tommy boy is on CBB.. And to get that to of performance or if Raj, whooooo baby

I think you mean, Hee hee heeeeeeeee!

Unmature
May 9, 2008
On one of his first (maybe actually his first) appearances when he knocks on the table loving cracks me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, I think his first appearance was that episode with Kumail and Martin Starr, and that's an all-timer.