Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Bocc Kob posted:

I'm kind of morbidly curious whether the Ignis DLC actually shows what happened to blind him or if it ends just before it, so everything was a waste of time.

Ignis DLC will be right after he's blinded and it's going to be a couple hours of a black screen with button prompts.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
An audio cue only brawler.

Then you get to watch the replays with vision at the end of every stage.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Ignis DLC is obviously gonna be a real shoddy version of Cooking Mama.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

goatface posted:

An audio cue only brawler.

Then you get to watch the replays with vision at the end of every stage.

Please, I want this. I want to see all the times where I was executing highly complex button combos only to see in the replays that Ignis flailed away at thin air in the opposite direction of the battle.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
tag yourself

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I wonder what they changed sword truck guy to.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why is sword truck guy even in this game? The weapon upgrades seemed so pathetic.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

goatface posted:

Why is sword truck guy even in this game? The weapon upgrades seemed so pathetic.

Yeah, you would think that they coulda come up with a better conceit to justify getting better gear than a dude hawking magic swords out of the back of his truck. The dudes can literally magic weapons into existence for gently caress's sake.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

goatface posted:

Why do they have money in this game? You don't earn it from fights at all and you have to go on one hunt at a time and there's nothing that's ever been worth spending it on.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No money at all would even make thematic sense. You're the loving king, cash is for peasants.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yeah, you would think that they coulda come up with a better conceit to justify getting better gear than a dude hawking magic swords out of the back of his truck. The dudes can literally magic weapons into existence for gently caress's sake.

They're just putting the weapons in a bag. Expect the bag is a magical dimension or something.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
Not to mention that every country inexplicably uses the same currency (I know this is a common video game thing but that doesn't make it less stupid)

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

topiKal posted:

Not to mention that every country inexplicably uses the same currency (I know this is a common video game thing but that doesn't make it less stupid)

It's even dumber than that. Throwaway dialogue at the beginning of the game establishes that the Crown City is the only place on the planet that does not use Gil, and I guess it must be extremely difficult to get through exchange because Noctis and friends were only given a tiny bit of it and what you start the game with is all that's left of it after paying Cid to repair the car after it breaks down half a mile into the journey.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

At the same time the crown prince having to fight scorpions for gas money after his terrible car breaks down was one of the best parts of this piece of poo poo game.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Where we goin next suhsshshshssnake?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wrong duck.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

goatface posted:

Wrong duck.

Everything about FF15 is wrong why can't I be

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Because mods are supposed to make it better.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

goatface posted:

Because mods are supposed to make it better.

:nexus:

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Silly mods make it easier to laugh at. Therefore mods do make it better.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Except that you presumably paid money for and then spent time playing FFXV. You still lose!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Bocc Kob posted:

Except that you presumably paid money for and then spent time playing FFXV. You still lose!

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Fedule posted:

It's even dumber than that. Throwaway dialogue at the beginning of the game establishes that the Crown City is the only place on the planet that does not use Gil, and I guess it must be extremely difficult to get through exchange because Noctis and friends were only given a tiny bit of it and what you start the game with is all that's left of it after paying Cid to repair the car after it breaks down half a mile into the journey.

Maybe gil is an empire thing, and they forced it on everyone they conquered, which is everybody.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

aegof posted:

Maybe gil is an empire thing, and they forced it on everyone they conquered, which is everybody.

I think you're putting more effort into this than Square Enix did

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's what this thread is all about.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Episode 69: 21,900 pounds

Finally almost done with this

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

For my hidden ancient temple bid I'd price up an alternate for cast in place portland cement pillars maybe with some rebar reinforcement. Monolithic granite slabs would be crazy expensive, and there are chemical treatments to distress a period specific piece. The average tatooed leather daddy would never know the difference.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
When I suggested people should be able to play Columns in FF15 this isn't what I meant

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So what's the bet Cor the Immortal never actually finished the trial?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm still laughing at that joke about the Kenny Crow DLC only having two buttons, Drink and Sigh :allears:

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Episode 70: Twenty Four Thousand Swords

WE DONE (mostly)

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I have actually approved of all this Gladio segment DLC because it's real character development and an actual boss battle and series of trials for this guy to overcome. Holy poo poo, we actually get heart to heart conversations between two guys sworn to protect a dude and there's even the connotations of family in there. Somehow, everything absent from the rest of the FF15 mess is in this.

Best of all, for as piss poor as it was intoned, there was ACTUAL TRIUMPH.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I would have respected them more if Gilgamesh had taken his arm back.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Good thing Gladio learned how to do his duty, being a huge jerk to the king.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

coleman francis posted:

Good thing Gladio learned how to do his duty, being a huge jerk to the king.

He must protect the king's head and keep it from getting stuck in the royal rear end.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This whole thing was really building up to "you have to kill Cor to proceed". But then he just hung around outside like a dad at a concert and barely restrained himself from snatching his sword back.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/3BIDETi.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

Some model replacements are more fitting than others.

• Locked thread