Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

discount cathouse posted:

Gwent is more fun than combat in Witcher 3.

True.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

You can get away with a lot of incompetence just by using quen a lot.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

discount cathouse posted:

Gwent is more fun than combat in Witcher 3.

easily

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the games way of handling a healing spell is really cool even if it is kind of OP once you get it

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Wesley Willis - I Whooped A Bear's rear end.mp3

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

one of my favorite parts of blood and wine was the devs just saying gently caress it and giving you a ton of different fun overpowered mutations like freezing aard and insta kill counters and the all time classic, every sword kill triggering a finisher/dismember

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The way i approached the dodge/step thing was treat step as a more offensive move and dodge as a “gtfo” button

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

extremebuff posted:

the games way of handling a healing spell is really cool even if it is kind of OP once you get it

Yeah the upgraded shield sign is so satisfying

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I use the dodge to actually dodge hits, and the roll to reposition around a fight, like if I get surrounded

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

I use the dodge to actually dodge hits, and the roll to reposition around a fight, like if I get surrounded

Wow, you must be some kind of tactical genius.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wormskull posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

lol jesus

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

And you don’t have to report back!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Update: Got roped into like an hour long quest that resulted in me murking my first wild hunt boss and finding a magic lamp. Wearing clown pants now. Level 6. Good progress but that mission sucked the llamas rear end. I wish there would be a warning before starting long rear end quests like that.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Update: Got roped into like an hour long quest that resulted in me murking my first wild hunt boss and finding a magic lamp. Wearing clown pants now. Level 6. Good progress but that mission sucked the llamas rear end. I wish there would be a warning before starting long rear end quests like that.

the warning is that it's a main quest mission lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Like that big dungeon you get elf portalled to or whatever? I like that quest but it's extremely out of place in the game and isn't a regular occurrence at all. You might enjoy the follow-up quest that your lamp hunt leads into much more, it's a total 180 and it's very light on combat and heavy on detective skills . I think you can start it by following up with homegirl whenever

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

extremebuff posted:

I thought all that and the Tower of Mice and stuff is optional? Pretty sure all you are required to do in Velen is the Baron/Hag quests and follow them to where they intersect

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff posted:

Doesn't change the fact that the entire quest is fumbling around in pitch dark fighting poo poo mobs for 1xp each. Some Skyrim poo poo.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

I thought all that and the Tower of Mice and stuff is optional? Pretty sure all you are required to do in Velen is the Baron/Hag quests and follow them to where they intersect

everything with Keira is hands down the weakest part of Velen storywise, and yes she is essential

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

everything with Keira is hands down the weakest part of Velen storywise, and yes she is essential

Huh I don't remember why it's necessary plot-wise to do any of that . Especially given at the end of the quest chain you can just kill her anyways lol. Which I did accidentally because the dialogue option leading into that seemed way less aggressive than it apparently was

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I did that mission over like 3 nights cause I just wasn't having it, so far no story mission has been that long though.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Oh another tip: Witcher contracts are normally just a short detective scene and then a boss bottle but a couple of them in velen really lead to new quests involving characters from the older games that you can recruit to your witcher castle at the end of them.

Worth looking out for if that interests you.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

thats the worst part of the game, i nearly stopped playing there and i hardly ever drop games once ive decided to play them

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

thats the worst part of the game, i nearly stopped playing there and i hardly ever drop games once ive decided to play them

i'm glad to hear this since i very nearly ragequit

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

Huh I don't remember why it's necessary plot-wise to do any of that . Especially given at the end of the quest chain you can just kill her anyways lol. Which I did accidentally because the dialogue option leading into that seemed way less aggressive than it apparently was

The tower of mice stuff is optional but the part he just finished meeting the elf is plot necessary, and the quest that it launches into investigating the ladies of the forest is too

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i'm glad to hear this since i very nearly ragequit

people will all tell you different times when the game "picks up" but the one thing they virtually all have in common is that they are after that quest

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Keira sux

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If you have sex with her like I did you are a thirsty dumbass

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

net cafe scandal posted:

:smugmrgw:

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

heh

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

geralt has to have sex with everyone in the game except the whores he can pay for and, more importantly, Triss.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[quote="“Neurotic Roleplay”" post="“485377105”"]
heh
[/quote]

[quote="“HORMELCHILI”" post="“485378426”"]

[/quote]

Uh oh

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm not going to gently caress anyone. Geralt is a gamer.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

keira is also the first character in the game besides yennifer who isn't covered with pock marks and yelling "cor blimey, govner witcher, my arse aches like a novigrad whore's and the vodka is giving me head a bit o the old how's yer father, cor blimey."

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I would enjoy gwent more if everything happened faster. Even the card game animations are slow as poo poo. My kingdom for BB combat in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I would enjoy gwent more if everything happened faster. Even the card game animations are slow as poo poo. My kingdom for BB combat in this game.

Gwent is one of those things that is begging for a fast forward key and save states so that when you get a poo poo hand early on you can reshuffle.

• Locked thread