Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

No offense to srice, who is a good person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

My reasoning is basically, it's way easier to talk a lot about terrible shows but mediocrity can result in a real struggle to say something interesting.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

G-reco has a cool name

that is my opinion on G-Reco

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Would you rather talk about G Reco or something objectively terrible like 0083. Outside these forums that show has a much bigger fanbase.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

If IBO was really as antiwar as people pretend it is it wouldn't end with Mika and Akihiro getting heroic deaths right out of the Cult of Heroism playbook

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

If IBO was really as antiwar as people pretend it is it wouldn't end with Mika and Akihiro getting heroic deaths right out of the Cult of Heroism playbook
I think I have the same issue with Char's Counterattack tbh, in regards to Amuro anyways.

OTOH I think I like what that movie does with Char.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Raxivace posted:

I think I have the same issue with Char's Counterattack tbh, in regards to Amuro anyways.

OTOH I think I like what that movie does with Char.

Yeah but CCA isn't really trying to present itself as an antiwar work, it's a drama about a pair of characters destroying everything around them because of their relationship, war is just a backdrop used to tell that story. People talk about IBO like it's Come And See, but with robots.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

Would you rather talk about G Reco or something objectively terrible like 0083. Outside these forums that show has a much bigger fanbase.

I would absolutely prefer to watch and talk about 0083. It's not even a comparison between the two, 0083 has enough that I love that I can forgive the romance plot.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The weird thing about that chart (which is totally ridiculous) is that even among people who don't like G-Reco they at least agree that the show had some really nice looking Cool Robot designs. That being said, I feel like Gundam is at it's core a marriage between War is Bad and Cool Robot and trying to separate those two into a single line like that as if they were in opposition to each other kind of misses that Gundam is both and embraces both fully.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

0083, in a heartbeat.

G-Reco has a lot more risk of people saying you just don't understand it when you criticize it, and that's seldom material for a good conversation. 0083, everyone's at least able to agree what happened, even if they won't admit it's stupid as hell.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Anyone played New Gundam Breaker yet?

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

I played the demo/open beta. It's definitely a Gundam Breaker game!

Despite the "New" tag it's ostensibly just another sequel.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Apart from killing Iok their last stand accomplishes nothing. Everyone else had escape long ago, the bombardment goes ahead as scheduled. Hush dies what is essentially a gag death highlighting how hollow and meaningless the whole exercise actually is.

Mika and Akihiro have lost, are lost, and all they have left is to keep fighting and killing. Hashmal's tail is back and it's enjoying itself thoroughly.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

G-Reco no question, since it's a good show that had a lot to say while 0083 is just bland mush.

chiasaur11 posted:

0083, in a heartbeat.

G-Reco has a lot more risk of people saying you just don't understand it when you criticize it, and that's seldom material for a good conversation. 0083, everyone's at least able to agree what happened, even if they won't admit it's stupid as hell.

That only really happens when the complaint is that G-Reco doesn't make sense.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Darth Walrus posted:

Someone in another thread that I forget (maybe PS4 over in Games) mentioned that you can only pick up five parts at once before having to drop what you're doing and go deposit them if you want to pick up anymore and any interest I might have had deflated real quick. Well, that and the dating sim stuff which just seems out of place and rote.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Christ, can you people at least wait for the IBO dub to finish its run before posting unmarked poo poo about it?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Christ, can you people at least wait for the IBO dub to finish its run before posting unmarked poo poo about it?

It finished airing on Toonami more than a month ago.

I'd appreciate a bit more courtesy on that count too, but it has finished its run.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

kirbysuperstar posted:

Someone in another thread that I forget (maybe PS4 over in Games) mentioned that you can only pick up five parts at once before having to drop what you're doing and go deposit them if you want to pick up anymore and any interest I might have had deflated real quick. Well, that and the dating sim stuff which just seems out of place and rote.

Yeah, it was me. Don't get it. It's extremely tedious collecting parts, and there's some performance issues. Also in the missions I've played so far the bin you have to deposit your 5 collected parts in randomly disappears and respaws somewhere else on the map.

Romes128 posted:

Man, I'm so disappointed in New Gundam Breaker. For a game about building custom robots they made part collecting incredibly tedious to the point it got really annoying after about an hour. You can only bank 5 parts and have to find a bin to dump them in (where you can get hit out of the part dumping process) to keep them at the end of the mission. So you basically have to stop what you're doing every 45 seconds to dump parts just so you can pick up 5 more parts and repeat. Also the missions are timed so you can't do it at your own pace. There's also random pausing and stuttering during some missions.

It's a huge step back from Gundam Breaker 3 where you just smashed robots, collected however many parts you wanted to, upgraded your robot, then return to smashing robots.

e;

The Amazon reviews are starting to come in and it's at a 1.5. Read those to get a better sense of everything wrong with NGB.

Romes128 fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 23, 2018

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Ah that's disappointing. I had 3 on vita and wanted to get one on ps4. I can always get 3 I suppose, but I'll have to deal with finding Singapore store cards.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kingtheninja posted:

Ah that's disappointing. I had 3 on vita and wanted to get one on ps4. I can always get 3 I suppose, but I'll have to deal with finding Singapore store cards.

The GOTY equivalent for it(with all the DLC on disc) can be gotten off Amazon for a decent price

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MrsBauduin/status/1008382836406149121?s=19

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kingtheninja posted:

Amazon has the English sub version of 3 with all the dlc. It’s called the Breaker Edition. It’s where I got mine.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Romes128 posted:

Yeah, it was me. Don't get it. It's extremely tedious collecting parts, and there's some performance issues. Also in the missions I've played so far the bin you have to deposit your 5 collected parts in randomly disappears and respaws somewhere else on the map.

Cool, I look forward to this one doing poorly because it's poo poo, and then Bamco never releasing a Gundam game on PC ever again. :(

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Lemon-Lime posted:

Cool, I look forward to this one doing poorly because it's poo poo, and then Bamco never releasing a Gundam game on PC ever again. :(

As someone with hundreds of hours in GB2 and GB3, this is pretty much my nightmare scenario, yes.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

G:

jackhunter64 fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 23, 2018

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

God drat I love this.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

AGE???

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Aw, too bad about NGB. I was almost excited about getting to make my own MS in a game and not just my imagination.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Argas posted:

Aw, too bad about NGB. I was almost excited about getting to make my own MS in a game and not just my imagination.

Gundam Breaker 3 is still relatively recent and is actually good.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Probably any of the flash-forward eps with Adult Bart.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Argas posted:

Get Gundam Breaker 3 with all the dlc.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Midjack posted:

Get Gundam Breaker 3 with all the dlc.

Just to be helpful, here's the Amazon link for UK shoppers.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

lammo

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

from the comments

https://twitter.com/DerWaffleMous/status/1008664320408997890

https://twitter.com/Prowrestling48/status/1009125224049082368

https://twitter.com/Unguided/status/1008805655510114304

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Those are p great, and obviously damning to AGE if it's so awful it doesn't even get a joke made about it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Those are p great, and obviously damning to AGE if it's so awful it doesn't even get a joke made about it.

Gundam Age:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

ImpAtom posted:

Gundam Age:

I think thats about as good as can be done without actually watching AGE.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Hey y'all, I'm looking to give Loxtax some money. Could I get some suggestions for goofy Char pictures that could match the line "I came here to laugh at you"?

Also, apologies to anyone who might've used that line already. It's a good line, so I assume there must be someone.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

HitTheTargets posted:

Hey y'all, I'm looking to give Loxtax some money. Could I get some suggestions for goofy Char pictures that could match the line "I came here to laugh at you"?

Also, apologies to anyone who might've used that line already. It's a good line, so I assume there must be someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

I assume you're excluding the one the line is actually from?