Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
also who doesn't love finding a good "+2 all skills" item?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

totalnewbie posted:

Wrath of the berserker should be up 100% of the time because ancient spear resets the cooldown (4 piece IK bonus). If you're using 5 piece IK then it's a huge bonus. Not as big if you're using 5 piece Raekor but it's still big. Trapped/stricken are also pretty important.

RoRG (act 1 cache) is ESSENTIAL to the build so make sure it's in your cube.

I’m using the 5 piece Raekor set with the IK hammer and belt, as per icy veins. So wrath isn’t up nonstop.

I have a RoRG in the cube.

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
So yeah, I managed to get to part 4 of this season's goals, I can do ok in Torment II but in IV I get eviscerated real fast. Looks like I got to figure out how to stay alive longer, and seems like getting amazing gear or gear combos is the only way forward.

Got 4 pieces of that crusader green set, not sure they're worth putting on when they're at 4/6. The 50% cooldown on Akarat's champion is nice I suppose.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

All I want from D4 is for my pets to be able to pick up all the goddamn DBs lying around

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

RCarr posted:

I’m using the 5 piece Raekor set with the IK hammer and belt, as per icy veins. So wrath isn’t up nonstop.

I have a RoRG in the cube.

You need 3 pieces of IK so wrath is up 100%.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

bamhand posted:

You need 3 pieces of IK so wrath is up 100%.

So icy veins was misleading! Switched it up with this and I will report back.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It definitely helped but I’m still no where near being able to clear a GR70. I miss my bell monk 🙁

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I'd pay $5 for an offline patch (I get latency isn't an issue for most people).

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

RCarr posted:

It definitely helped but I’m still no where near being able to clear a GR70. I miss my bell monk 🙁

6 raekor is a hota build not pure charge.

https://www.diablofans.com/builds/99078-ik6r4-charge-gr120-season-14

Just look at this guide or look at the leaderboards. Icy veins guides are worthless.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Rinkles posted:

I'd pay $5 for an offline patch (I get latency isn't an issue for most people).
I'd pay at least $20 if it meant even unofficial mod support, people did crazy things with d2.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
Yeah. The engine behind D3 is still really good, and while they've made vast improvements over classic D3, I'd still love to see what other people could come up with to play on it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Forgot how addicting the game can get after level 70.

Had that 3 o clock realization of what time it was... and kept on playing.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Diablo 4 will be called "Diab100" because each game starts with 100 Nephalem parachuting onto an island....

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

DreadCthulhu posted:

So yeah, I managed to get to part 4 of this season's goals, I can do ok in Torment II but in IV I get eviscerated real fast. Looks like I got to figure out how to stay alive longer, and seems like getting amazing gear or gear combos is the only way forward.

Got 4 pieces of that crusader green set, not sure they're worth putting on when they're at 4/6. The 50% cooldown on Akarat's champion is nice I suppose.

You absolutely want to wear your set pieces dude

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

So are all of the sites like DiabloProgress and it's alternatives down/screwed up?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Vomik posted:

6 raekor is a hota build not pure charge.

https://www.diablofans.com/builds/99078-ik6r4-charge-gr120-season-14

Just look at this guide or look at the leaderboards. Icy veins guides are worthless.

This! This saved me. Thank you. My barb is finally a wrecking machine.

Edit: Went from not being able to damage enemies in a GR70, to beating a GR70 in 5 mins :allears:

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 24, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Question: Does converting a set item give a chance of making it a primal?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
No, it can't be ancient or primal as per the text on the directions panel. Reforging can but I hope you like bounties a LOT.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Forgot how addicting the game can get after level 70.

Had that 3 o clock realization of what time it was... and kept on playing.

What's the best way around the pre-70 stuff, without teaming up with others? I like the idea of seasons, but I don't want to go through 1-70/story (maybe ever) again. After your first time, leveling is a stupid roadblock to fun. Last season I just gave up ~40; I had forgotten how good D3 gets.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

What's the best way around the pre-70 stuff, without teaming up with others? I like the idea of seasons, but I don't want to go through 1-70/story (maybe ever) again. After your first time, leveling is a stupid roadblock to fun. Last season I just gave up ~40; I had forgotten how good D3 gets.

The best way is to not be anti social, and get power leveled to 70.
Otherwise, enjoy your slow solo grind to 70.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Swilo posted:

No, it can't be ancient or primal as per the text on the directions panel. Reforging can but I hope you like bounties a LOT.

On the plus side, bounties are a lot more rewarding this season with double goblins

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

The best way is to not be anti social, and get power leveled to 70.
Otherwise, enjoy your slow solo grind to 70.

This by design? Or do the designers consider 1-70 a good time?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Clicksey posted:

So are all of the sites like DiabloProgress and it's alternatives down/screwed up?

I have no idea what that site is/was, but if it's for tracking your Season Journey, D3 Resource has you covered.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Rinkles posted:

This by design? Or do the designers consider 1-70 a good time?

Which designers? D3 vanilla or expansion?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Which designers? D3 vanilla or expansion?

Current D3, expansion.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Rinkles posted:

Current D3, expansion.

No they think it sucks rear end lol

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

No they think it sucks rear end lol

Don't they have the power to fix it or make it less unpleasant by making it mostly skippable?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Even solo, leveling in adventure mode is pretty painless as long as you modulate the difficulty properly and know about the level 50 weapon trick.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

John Murdoch posted:

Even solo, leveling in adventure mode is pretty painless as long as you modulate the difficulty properly and know about the level 50 weapon trick.

What's that?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Rinkles posted:

making it mostly skippable?

It is.

Type "hey can i get a pl" in LLJK chat.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Rinkles posted:

What's that?

At level 50, craft level 70 weapons looking for reduced level requirements or re-rolling the non-status effect secondary on a status effect weapon to get one. End result is a huge damage spike that lets you jump a good few difficulty levels and help slingshot you to 70. Edit: I think actually you can do it at level 40. Same idea tho.

Also for the lower levels, you get a Leoric's Crown ASAP and slap your best possible ruby in there as soon as you start finding gems.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 24, 2018

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

John Murdoch posted:

At level 50, craft level 70 weapons looking for reduced level requirements or re-rolling the non-status effect secondary on a status effect weapon to get one. End result is a huge damage spike that lets you jump a good few difficulty levels and help slingshot you to 70. Edit: I think actually you can do it at level 40. Same idea tho.

thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i never seen a more hosed up map than this https://imgur.com/C1wCC70

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol dude just loving get a pl from a dude it's not like you gotta suck him off I'm exchange (but you can)

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol dude just loving get a pl from a dude it's not like you gotta suck him off I'm exchange (but you can)

Like seriously.
Every other method is dumb, when instead you can just be done with that poo poo in maybe a rift and a half.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
A PL from a friendly goon literally got my Crusader from 10 to 70 in about 10-15 minutes. Don't torture yourself!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Like seriously.
Every other method is dumb, when instead you can just be done with that poo poo in maybe a rift and a half.

Maybe I will next time, I'm just surprised they left in a lasting blemish on what's now otherwise a pretty fantastic game.

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
to be fair, it's pretty fun at the start of the season when everyone's gotta do it together. easy way to make friends to kinda check up on and group with occasionally during the season. I'd not want them to remove that.

after like 1.5 days tho it takes like 2 seconds to get a powerlevel, which is also kind of part of the culture of sometimes finding someone who'll let you leech or run with you later etc.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Yep, start of season is super fun. It takes like 2-3 hours max to level up to 70 anyway. Upgrades happen every 5 seconds, skills are unlocking like crazy, it's good and not too drawn out. If you aren't doing it with other people I could see it sucking. But when everybody is starting out there, it's fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Turmoilx posted:

i never seen a more hosed up map than this https://imgur.com/C1wCC70

There were seasons where that was pretty much the same map you'd run into half the time.