Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Mr.Radar posted:

Cross-posting from the cursed images/idiots on social media threads:

A BWM where the horse lady is the financially-sane one.

She spends all but $10 of her monthly earnings on the horse. Wouldn't call her financially sane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Harry posted:

Well it's easy to be financially sane when all your bills are paid for by your boyfriend and then you plan on dumping him for accruing debt paying for everything.

Yeah, she's a moocher. Doesn't sound like she is taking care of the house or cooking, and they are paying more for daycare than she earns in a month. Then she takes the token earnings she brings to the table and spends them on boarding for her horse. He should declare bankruptcy and kick her to the curb.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I make $360/month and pay $350/month for horse boarding....gwm.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Mr.Radar posted:

Cross-posting from the cursed images/idiots on social media threads:

A BWM where the horse lady is the financially-sane one.

Is she? She spends her entire income on horse rent...

E: I see others have already noted this.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

canyoneer posted:

She spends all but $10 of her monthly earnings on the horse. Wouldn't call her financially sane

The horse is her fiance.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
You just keep scrolling and it gets worse and worse. To point out another thing 546 dollars in interest alone a month is insane and it has to be additional fees from being over their limits. Then the grand in eating out because the house is a "nightmare"

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

The link to that awful thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/8spe3k/need_to_get_fianc%C3%A9s_debt_under_control_before/

Every answer is just mind boggling. Just finished online high school. Lives in a rural area, but takes kid into town for daycare and they eat out every meal because of unspecified housing issue that is never answered or indicating it will be fixed.

Did she just post for the internet motivation to not marry this guy? Maybe she should marry him, put the wedding and honeymoon on credit, then claim bankruptcy, since she doesn't seem to want to sever.

quote:

This has to be a joke. You make $350 a month to work, pay $360 for child care, $350 a month on a horse, and have two cars. I don’t think your fiancé is the problem, I think you are.

Quit the job, get your kid out of daycare, sell the horse, sell the second car. Do all that and my guess is you will be out of debt so fast.

quote:

We’ll be out of 50k in debt “so fast” huh? And all of his debt is from his side business, not me. I’d move back in with my parents but he doesn’t want me to.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

UCS Hellmaker posted:

You just keep scrolling and it gets worse and worse. To point out another thing 546 dollars in interest alone a month is insane and it has to be additional fees from being over their limits. Then the grand in eating out because the house is a "nightmare"
Nightmare is the name of the horse

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Midjack posted:

The horse is her fiance.
Horse that makes $2200/mo + extra eBay money?

She should get a couple more horses.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

What is this side business that is not making any sort of returns?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

George H.W. oval office posted:

What is this side business that is not making any sort of returns?

Come on......you know it's an MLM.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
It's flipping poo poo on eBay. The rented shop is just to hold it.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Three pay says that it is Ebay sales and that it pays for the bills that his regular employment doesn't, but who really knows if it is generating debt. Maybe they should sell the kids and the horse.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Darkrenown posted:

Is she? She spends her entire income on horse rent...

You could say she has a stable income

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Oh my god shes also pregnant again :stare:

Edit ok seriously that has to be a fake account or post, you start digging and things start getting wierd and just questionable

UCS Hellmaker fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 23, 2018

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

I made a chart of her expenses

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Splicer posted:

Nightmare is the name of the horse

Has she considered eating the horse? I think with a decent chest freezer it could last 8 weeks or so.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
I’ve heard horse carpaccio is really good.

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004

Tomfoolery posted:

Lol

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Wait, when did zaurg get a new girlfriend?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Tomfoolery posted:

Can this somehow be the thread title

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Phuzun posted:

The link to that awful thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/8spe3k/need_to_get_fianc%C3%A9s_debt_under_control_before/

Every answer is just mind boggling. Just finished online high school. Lives in a rural area, but takes kid into town for daycare and they eat out every meal because of unspecified housing issue that is never answered or indicating it will be fixed.

Did she just post for the internet motivation to not marry this guy? Maybe she should marry him, put the wedding and honeymoon on credit, then claim bankruptcy, since she doesn't seem to want to sever.

quote:

Citi credit card -$13,000 owed (5,000 limit)

Chase credit card - $10,085 (5,000 limit)

So both CC's have balances over twice their limit?

That's seems like a hell of a lot of not paying anything against it for a long time.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Rudager posted:

That's seems like a hell of a lot of not paying anything against it for a long time.

When you're a master of eBay Retail Arbitrage in 2018 you have to take the deals when you see them. Interest rates be damned.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
She only works 2 days a week but can't find time to clean their nightmare kitchen? Also, how bad is it that they can't just eat peanut butter sandwiches? Or gently caress, just start eating stuff off the dollar menu at McDonald's.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

"You cannot spen your entire monthly income on a horse."

Sound advice

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Ebola Roulette posted:

She only works 2 days a week but can't find time to clean their nightmare kitchen? Also, how bad is it that they can't just eat peanut butter sandwiches? Or gently caress, just start eating stuff off the dollar menu at McDonald's.

Eat the horse. Solves multiple problems.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You shouldn't spend your entire income on a horse, we have already proved that you can do it.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rudager posted:

Lowered balance after the fact?

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Yeah most likely the CC company did a check for income or the like and lowered it due to an income reduction. Or it's fees and interest added to the balance. I also wouldn't be surprised if missed payments or cash advances caused a lower credit limit.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I feel bad for the fiance, he is probably a moron too, but he seems to be at least somewhat trying to fix the situation. All the debt being wracked up by this side business sounds like he is trying? to make some extra money albeit in an utterly misguided manner so they aren't so underwater while his S.O. is sitting around working one day a week and blowing what little she makes on a loving horse.

inb4 he drives a lifted truck financed through the secondhand dealer.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 24, 2018

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

Jack2142 posted:

I feel bad for the fiance, he is probably a moron too, but he seems to be at least somewhat trying to fix the situation. All the debt being wracked up by this side business sounds like he is trying? to make some extra money albeit in an utterly misguided manner so they aren't so underwater while his S.O. is sitting around working one day a week and blowing what little she makes on a loving horse.

inb4 he drives a lifted truck financed through the secondhand dealer.
If you look at her post history, the fiance raped her after she broke up with him and moved out after she discovered he had been cheating on him.

She's also pregnant again.

And her parents house is also in a state of gross unhealthy mess, too.

potatoducks
Jan 26, 2006
So what's the excuse for the horse?

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

I really think her claims of only having $1600 in debt are horseshit. I’m pretty sure they were partially living off of credit cards for a long time.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Wolfy posted:

I really think her claims of only having $1600 in debt are horseshit. I’m pretty sure they were partially living off of credit cards for a long time.

But those aren't in her name, so not her debt. They seem like the perfect amount of awful to match each other.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Phuzun posted:

But those aren't in her name, so not her debt. They seem like the perfect amount of awful to match each other.
It's not just that. She thinks all of the debt is from his side business, and I'd imagine that 25k loan from his father might be, but that 30k in credit card debt is 100% 10 trips a week to Denny's and $350 in childcare so she can waste $300 of gas going to work to make $360 and spend it on a loving horse.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

SiGmA_X posted:

If you look at her post history, the fiance raped her after she broke up with him and moved out after she discovered he had been cheating on him.

She's also pregnant again.

And her parents house is also in a state of gross unhealthy mess, too.

Oh... if that is true, then dude is a poo poo bag and I feel bad for the kids.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 25, 2018

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X
Her post history is really sad.

I think this stems from education in small town/rural America, especially teaching about the joys of birth control. Seems like the lack of birth control pushed her to drop out and continue the generational mistakes I'm sure her folks made before.

Which of course leads to deep bad with money.

I guess I am too "elite" to understand how someone lives in a place too dirty to cook. I'm not a clean freak, but I like things reasonably clean and organized. You would think she could manage to clean the house during her many days off per week... My friends stay-at-home-wives keep their places spotless, and cook and poo poo. Not saying that has to be a woman's job at all, but if her bf is working way more than FT and she's at home 5 days a week...maybe...some chores should be allocated her way. Or allocated period...

SiGmA_X fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 25, 2018

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
As horse chat is n(e)igh again, allow me to post my favorite radio commercial from Cities Skylines, which I think you may all appreciate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnf-NtCH5aU&t=500s

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jun 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

SiGmA_X posted:

Her post history is really sad.

I think this stems from education in small town/rural America, especially teaching about the joys of birth control. Seems like the lack of birth control pushed her to drop out and continue the generational mistakes I'm sure her folks made before.

In her post history, there was mention of "trying" for kids once they were engaged, so I don't think it's necessarily a lack of sex education...

Also her claimed age bounces around.