Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK, so, Alfalfa I will need from you a permanent and always-working email address. As the league treasurer you'll pay your dues to me, which I track on our spreadsheet for everyone to see. I will use the email address you give me to contact you if there is any issue, including in particular contacting you before sending you any league winnings you might earn, or a refund of your dues should anything untoward happen to the league, etc.

You can send it to me at my user name at gmail dot com.

You will also need to make an account on MFL, if you haven't already, and then one of the commissioners can switch ownership of the team over to you. We also need to put something in the "Owner name" field; a lot of people use their real names, but I don't and you don't have to either, we just need something to put there. We can put one or more email addresses in for your team too, those will be used for MFL notifications, such as when someone offers you a trade, or if you set up reminders for things like setting your lineup.

This will be your team. You can bookmark that page if you want.
Your roster is currently at a salary of $277, well above the $250 salary cap. As soon as everyone has paid dues, we'll be unlocking the league and you'll be able to drop and/or trade players in order to get under the cap. You'll need additional cap room in order to draft rookies, and there will be a free agent draft as well, before the season starts.

If you haven't done so recently, you may also want to peruse the League rules, which we are in the middle of finalizing.

Welcome aboard!

Bloody, I'm sorry to see you go, and we all wish you the best of luck. If you get bored with not playing dynasty at some point, please come back and take over someone's team, hopefully someone in my division who always beats me. Like brick squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I already gave him a team with zero thought about it.

I dont know who I booted cuz MFL on a phone blows but... everyone check your poo poo.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Spermy Smurf posted:

I already gave him a team with zero thought about it.

I dont know who I booted cuz MFL on a phone blows but... everyone check your poo poo.

I got the correct team. Already figuring out the quickest way to set fire to it.

What rookie picks do I have/when is rookie draft?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

I got the correct team. Already figuring out the quickest way to set fire to it.

What rookie picks do I have/when is rookie draft?

Draft picks: from the main page, click the Draft Room tab. It'll show you all the picks you have for 2018 and 2019.
When is the draft: we haven't decided yet. Previously we've held it as late as possible; usually just before or after the last week of the preseason. However this year since we're moving the veteran free agent draft to after the rookie draft, we will probably need to hold the rookie draft slightly earlier. (The veteran draft will probably be a live auction draft, but it should be pretty fast - typically there's not more than a dozen or so veterans that people actually want.)

I'll start working on the draft schedule once everyone has paid dues, as that is a signal we have all 12 teams engaged for 2018 and can base the draft day/time on our collective schedules and time zones.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Draft picks: from the main page, click the Draft Room tab. It'll show you all the picks you have for 2018 and 2019.
When is the draft: we haven't decided yet. Previously we've held it as late as possible; usually just before or after the last week of the preseason. However this year since we're moving the veteran free agent draft to after the rookie draft, we will probably need to hold the rookie draft slightly earlier. (The veteran draft will probably be a live auction draft, but it should be pretty fast - typically there's not more than a dozen or so veterans that people actually want.)

I'll start working on the draft schedule once everyone has paid dues, as that is a signal we have all 12 teams engaged for 2018 and can base the draft day/time on our collective schedules and time zones.

Appreciate it. Has the draft order not been created yet? It just says I have a pick in every round, but no specifics.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nope! I don't think it has.

By which I mean, we have not yet randomized the orders where we need to do that. Unless I did it right after the championships and haven't put it in somewhere, which is also possible. Let me take a look.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Just in case, I'll wait a couple days for the final score adjustments to happen before paying out the prize money, but here's the final results for the league:

Winner: Stevie Lee's 1017 BRICK SQUAD! $160 first prize, and congratulations for breaking Ash Ketchum's two-year winning streak! You had top PF through week 13 and dominated the season. Well-deserved win.
2nd place: The Zack's Mediocre Cougars $80 second prize
3rd place: Zauper's Who Da Titoons? $40 third prize
4th place: Teemu Pokemon's STRAIGHT BASS HOMIE $0 you get nothing lol, fourth place really is the worst, let's fix this for next year.
5th place and winner of the consolation bracket: Gridiron Chefs $20 consolation prize, and honestly amazing given you went 3-10 in the regular season, just goes to show ya. Also lol you lost your top-four pick, is that really worth $20? Let's reconsider this for next year too.

Those of you getting money, I'll ping your email addresses I have and wait for confirmation before sending cash via paypal.

The remaining teams will seed based on points scored through week 13:

BALLS OF FURY 1892.61
First Down Syndrome 1889.31
Long Island Whalers 1836.15
----
Concord Concordes 1754.00
Team McLean 1737.50
Ash Ketchum Gotta catch em 1737.48
I'm Pretty Garbage At This 1683.32

The bottom four teams get randomly seeded the top four picks. The three teams above them (balls, first down, whalers) get randomly seeded the middle three picks. And the last five picks are in reverse order of the top results.

So I need to do the randomized order for the bottom four, and for the middle three. The last five picks go: 1.8 Gridiron Chefs, 1.9 Teemu Pokemon, 1.10 Who da Titoons, 1.11 Mediocre Cougars, and 1.12 1017 BRICK SQUAD.

Also note that we've fixed the dumb situation where fourth place gets nothing but a late pick position while fifth place got money (but also a late pick position). Now, fourth place gets money, and fifth place gets an extra draft pick at 1.13. This applies for the winners of the 2018-19 season of course.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

Thanks

I’ll get paid in for at least 2018 tomorrow.

In the mean time, come get these contracts!!

Who wants a $59 Dez Bryant contract :lol:

Bloody your team wasn’t/isn’t that bad. I’ve taken over way worse orphans so thanks.

Yeah, I don't get the Dez acquisition from last year.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Your points scored through week 13 looks off to me. I'm eyeballing it, but it seems like FDS should have around 1600. He scored 2071 in 17 weeks and 500ish in the last 4.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Score rankings are here.

https://imgur.com/a/vm4BeJd

Edit. These are actually sorted:

https://imgur.com/a/iU8xMuD

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jun 25, 2018

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

And here they are as of week 13. I forgot (or didn't pay attention) to the fact we use week 13 for the cutoff for points scored. I thought it was over the entire season, so the above post is wrong in that case.

Edit: Holy poo poo, Team McLean is out of the bottom 4 by .02 points.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jun 25, 2018

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I don't think I'll ever have a season that good again

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah we cut off at week 13 because after that, some teams have byes during the playoffs, and also that's after the trade deadline and teams out of contention may start dropping players/looking for next-year's bargains off waivers etc. Everyone is expected to try to win every match through game 13*, so we can count on those PFs as being representative of their performance in the league this year.

That's the reasoning, anyway. As with any other rule I'm open to discussing it if anyone disagrees.

*well, balanced against dynasty concerns and trying to plan for the future, of course; our rules explicitly say you have broad freedom to do that

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I'll write up some crap about the consolation bracket. It's going to be real easy to write because we're keeping it simple.

Once people get paid up (Swarmin, Tyler, Vecna, Alfalfa) then Leper can find that site he uses to roll 1d4 for the draft picks and we'll all know what we have.

Then unlock and set a date for the draft? Holy poo poo we're way ahead of last year. I thought it would take us a solid month and a half to get here.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
When do we need to be in compliance with the cap? I know I'm over but I haven't had time to really think about who I'm going to trim and how I'm going to draft.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

By the end of the first draft. You can't draft above your cap, per our rules. Much more practically you'll want to be under your cap by draft day, so that you can afford to actually draft any players.

By our rules (see 8.3.2) you are required to drop players to get under your cap, explicitly after we raise player salaries (which we have done), and implicitly, after we have unlocked the league (so you can actually make drops); but we do not give an specific deadline. However, by rule 8.4, you cannot complete a transaction that would leave you above your cap, and that's going to include trades with other players as well as drafting and picking up free agents.

We can formalize this in the rules. Probably should say that after we raise salaries, collect dues, and unlock the league, everyone has until x date to get under the cap. Rules about completing transactions stand, but might need to be modified; for example, maybe after the summer salary rise, you should be allowed to complete trades which lower your salary total, even if the first trade(s) you make do not take you entirely below the cap. E.g., if you're busing your cap by $25, you should be allowed to trade away a $20 player in exchange for a $10 player, right? You'd end up still over your cap, but the trade is clearly intended to be part of bringing you below the cap...

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

So to do a steal you need to send a trade, announce it to the league, and if the trade goes through it also takes $5 from your FAAB. This is a compromise between steals requiring 2 picks, or later round picks or anything like that.

Hey,

A few things:
1) What about players added as a FA? No comp for stealing them?
2) Along those lines, I think we had talked about the idea of a 'minimum' pick that would get traded. Did that not happen?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Ah poo poo.

It's going to have to be a pick like 5th round or something for FA.

Also that'd be the minimum I think. We don't have a lot of rounds in the rookie draft where people actually draft, so even 5th round is pretty useless.

Maybe waiver pickups that get stolen are just worth $10 FAAB from Stealer to Stealee?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Giving up a 5th might not be a very big cost, but most of the time you're only going to have one 5th to give up, so it still puts an upper limit on wanton theft of taxi squad players. I think that should be fine.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Giving up a 5th might not be a very big cost, but most of the time you're only going to have one 5th to give up, so it still puts an upper limit on wanton theft of taxi squad players. I think that should be fine.

Is there an option to pay with a better pick than the required? (e.g. if I want to steal player X who costs a fifth and don't have a fifth, can I instead use a fourth?)

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
That's what other leagues use. The wording in rules is usually "a pick equal or better to..." and I am guessing the idiot who wrote the rule didnt think of that.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

yuppo

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Can also charge a smaller amount for future year’s picks.

I.E. pay $5 to be able to trade 2020 picks.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Just emailed and paid.

Apparently your email isn’t leperfish@gmail.com which explains why I never got a reply or the money was claimed.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LOL

Yeah, it's not! Got your money now though, thanks. :)

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

Can also charge a smaller amount for future year’s picks.

I.E. pay $5 to be able to trade 2020 picks.

I don't hate this. I hate the accounting part of it, but it's not me doing it so :shrug:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
No trades till everyone is paid and the league is unlocked.

Then we will set a "get under cap space" date for early-to-mid August I'd think.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've just received dues from Swarmin' Swedes. Thanks!

The last two goons are atomictyler and Vecna.

Also, team "I'm Pretty Garbage At This" has become "Chopping Wood"

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Got tyler's money.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
$ sent

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Got it!

We're all paid up for the league, nice going guys. I appreciate this is a month or two earlier than previously, but we commissioners are trying to get our asses in shape and stop procrastinating till the last minute on league business, and letting everyone open up and do trades and such during the summer seems like a good way to keep engagement going and stay healthy as a league.

A rules clarification we've made:

For taxi squad theft, when you attempt to steal off someone's taxi squad, you pay a $5 fee out of your FAAB budget. This fee is not refunded if the theft is "blocked" by the owner promoting & starting the player. However, it is refunded when "after a steal attempt is initiated, the player being stolen is injured (reported as questionable, doubtful, out, placed on IR), suspended (placed on S), or dropped to waivers/free agency by their owning NFL team, either owner may back out and restore the status quo."

The purpose of the fee is to ensure that there are not frivolous theft attempts which are intended only to force the other owner to promote & start a player. So it always costs you something to make a theft attempt, whether or not the target owner decides to block the theft or let you have it. This is in addition to the compensatory draft pick you have to send as part of the theft trade, which ensures that owners who decide not to block a theft still get something of value back in return.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

The purpose of the fee is to ensure that there are not frivolous theft attempts which are intended only to force the other owner to promote & start a player.

No one in the entire league is a big enough dick to do that. I certainly can't think of a single person who would do such a thing.

The $5 FAAB fee wouldn't have stopped me anyway

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
where does the $5 budget fee go? to the person losing the taxi squad player's budget? or is it just a penalty?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It goes poof, it's just a cost.

We went back and forth a lot about the need for it and how much it should be. This year it's a bit of an experiment I guess. Nothing is ever really set in stone, if you guys want to discuss it.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
God damnit I would have given a first round pick for Gronk at $53.

Grrrrr

Talk trade before dropping big names. Some of us have a lot of cap space!

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 27, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

well of course you can bid for him and bid 53, if you want, but yeah that's a good idea in general. There's no rush to get under the cap, we've discussed setting a date but if we do it'll probably be like 2 weeks before the draft or something.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

God damnit I would have given a first round pick for Gronk at $53.

Grrrrr

Talk trade before dropping big names. Some of us have a lot of cap space!

We aren’t allowed to trade so easier just to drop and hope you can re-win. That is the only option if trying to clear space early.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Everyone's paid, so we should be unlocking for trading shortly.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Hey all, turns out I am dumb.

The math technically works out correct on the scoring but in football it wouldnt.

https://i.imgur.com/BLb7XIB.jpg

I need to change some. Rushing is 1pt per 10 yards which means a guy who gets 99yds gets 9 points while a guy with 100 gets 10pts.

Should get 9.9 and 10.0 points there.

The correct way is .1pt per yard. That one is on me. I thought I copied exactly but apparently not.

I will run through the scoring tomorrow when I am on a computer and fix it.

Thanks to the resident nerd for catching it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Fixed:
Passing yards to .04 per 1
Interceptions thrown to -2
2pt conversions to 2
Rush yards to .1 per 1
Receiving yards to .1 per 1
Receptions to .5
Forced Fumbles to 4 each (seems high but it was that last year)
Interceptions to 6 each
Blocking any kind of kick is 6pts
Tackles 1.5
Assists .75
Sacks 4
TFL 2
Safeties 6

I am annoyed I didnt check any of that. For some reason I must have thought the numbers would pull over even though I had to delete two entire sections of our scoring to merge them into one which would mean the scoring didn't exist to pull over.

Runningbacks still seem to have non-fractional scoring, they all end in .00 so I dunno. Moving forward it'll be OK but the 2017 end-of-year stats are probably going to look like that forever.