Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fortnite. Fortnite is really fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Kilometers Davis posted:

why would they make games for a coffin?

It's a child coffin.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Astro7x posted:

I liked New Lead (somehow got it for free, forget how) but got bored with it after 50 hours. How is each iteration of AC different than the last that is makes it so desired? Like, I understand wanting a new Mario Kart for new tracks. But what would change in the next Animal Crossing to make someone want to pick it up if they have New Leaf?
Same reason every new game in a franchise is exciting? New stuff! Locations, decorations, clothing, people, events. With Animal Crossing in particular it also means an excuse to have a fresh start (the games only allow one save file after all) and that's exciting in itself.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Exactly. Many people overlook that and it’s an essential part of Animal Crossing.
Absolutely this. I don't have a schedule that would allow me to play the game "properly" but I've always just adjusted time as it fit me. If I want to binge-play AC I'll use the time adjustment to play multiple days and if I just want to chill and play it for a bit but it's nighttime I'll adjust it to be daytime so I can get stuff done.

You can do it straight from the main menu so it's not like it's some hidden feature either, and the game doesn't care. :shobon:

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

KingEup posted:

Nope.

You need to get the system modded with something like the WiiDual to get HDMI out: https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61787

That said 480p on 8k TVs will look horrible whether analog or digitial.

Sorry, I probably shouldn't have used the word "direct", but I mean something like this: https://smile.amazon.com/Converter-PORTHOLIC-Wii2HDMI-Adapter-Compatible/dp/B07539JW4W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1529890667&sr=8-3

slev
Apr 6, 2009

How come there hasn't been mario baseball game in like 10 years isn't that by far the most popular sport in Japan

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

slev posted:

How come there hasn't been mario baseball game in like 10 years isn't that by far the most popular sport in Japan
Actually no, young people prefer soccer these days.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’d take a new Mario strikers I miss that game

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Reggie gives you a gun and makes you point it between a copy of Animal Crossing Switch and Earthbound Trilogy Switch, then pulls a gun on your head.

“You must kill one.”

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Reggie blinks. Now I have both guns. Reggie blinks again. The games have been replaced with two Reggies. I shoot both Reggies.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

slev posted:

There was baseball in that 3DS sports compilation from a year or two ago, definitely the best and most fleshed out of the modes in it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Mega64 posted:

Reggie gives you a gun and makes you point it between a copy of Animal Crossing Switch and Earthbound Trilogy Switch, then pulls a gun on your head.

“You must kill one.”

That’s easy. Bye Earthbound

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mega64 posted:

“You must kill one.”

I fuckin annihilate Earthbound

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Empress Brosephine posted:

Didn't you get banned from this thread for being psychotic

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Save money on animal crossing games by doing chores irl

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Or they could just let people play the game when they want without loving with system settings.

did you also complain about pokemon only showing up at certain times of day

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
At minimum I want to be able to pave my town with pretty bricks I designed myself, without using up 9/10 tile slots on a single character. Also I need lots more storage space without having to create a mule. Bonus points if I can actually designate where houses and buildings go.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Really hoping there's a new Pikmin game and a new Animal Crossing game on the horizon. I loved the hell out of those games.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Zelder posted:

They really hate their dead coffin console, which is why they're desperate to hack theirs so they never have to complain about paying too much for a game ever again.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Argue posted:

At minimum I want to be able to pave my town with pretty bricks I designed myself, without using up 9/10 tile slots on a single character. Also I need lots more storage space without having to create a mule. Bonus points if I can actually designate where houses and buildings go.

Oh yeah I totally forgot about paving. I loved doing that, just making pathways from house to house and then I bred a bunch of roses so I eventually had blue roses lining all my streets. I'd love unlimited (or drat near close) space for designs so I could really mix up paths, designer clothes, town logos, that sort of thing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cojawfee posted:

It's a child coffin.

Never worn

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Don’t be fooled by the moons that I got. I’m still Mario from the block.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

ChocNitty posted:

Dont be fooled by the moons that I got. Im still Mario from the block.

:emptyquote:

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

That's just an analog to hdmi converter.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Zelder posted:

Were they the one that made some bet on dumb E3 rumors, lost, and were banished to the shadow realm to never post in switch threads again?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Were they the one that made some bet on dumb E3 rumors, lost, and were banished to the shadow realm to never post in switch threads again?

Yes, and since then they've only popped in here exclusively to complain about Mario Tennis.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

If Capcom weren't run so incompetently, we could've had an F2P Mega Man Soccer with a hundred different bots by now.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Having a Mario soccer game in a World Cup year would have been a coup

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Fortnite. Fortnite is really fun

I Dl'ed this and haven't even fired it up. Is it actually playable against people on PC with M&K? I wasn't even planning on launching it until the add gyro aim.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

veni veni veni posted:

I Dl'ed this and haven't even fired it up. Is it actually playable against people on PC with M&K? I wasn't even planning on launching it until the add gyro aim.

It doesn’t mix you in with pc players unless you have a pc player in your party.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Oh man, Lumines comes out on Tuesday and it’s only $15. Definitely getting that again.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the truth posted:

Oh man, Lumines comes out on Tuesday and it’s only $15. Definitely getting that again.

i hosed up buying puyo puyo tetris the other day, now it's just gonna waste space because i'd much rather be playing lumines

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh man I have a flight on Tuesday, and whenever I'm about to travel, impulse Switch purchases are sure to follow

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

the truth posted:

:hfive:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Wizard of Legend doesn't have it's own thread and after a search it looks like it's been most talked about here. Anyone got any protips? I can't make it past 1-2 :negative:.

I'm playing on PC and am noticing a ton of dropped inputs for the basic attack. I think it's making the game a lot harder than it should be when I should be taking zero hits from a lot of these enemies, but one basic attack dropped input is enough for them to get a hit in.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

Brother Entropy posted:

i hosed up buying puyo puyo tetris the other day, now it's just gonna waste space because i'd much rather be playing lumines

I literally had PPT in my cart and was gonna check out when I remembered Lumines is coming out.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

They are both good games, this isn't a Splatfest

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

veni veni veni posted:

Youd be surprised how many kills you can get on good players by just sneaking up on them and blowing up their buildings from under them or hitting them in the back of the head with a shotgun while they're sniping in the other direction, but if you're just playing regular matchmaking you shouldn't get paired with PC players anyways. That's only if you're playing in a party with other PC people

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Oxenfree was pretty cool but had loooong loading screens and screen stutters which is pretty crazy for a game you can play on mobile phones.

Just started Bayonetta. It’s ridiculous and the combat is great apart from the quick time events.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I think octopath traveller is gonna be really good. The demo really scratches that ffv itch and it looks so pretty.

Also Golf Story is an amazing game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

So Mario tennis sucks unless you like not playing tennis l, is there any other games of interest out for this coffin

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Not sure you are going to be able to post in this thread.

You were banned over a year ago and if you had not come back in doing the same thing as you did last time, then I would not have minded and I do not think the other posters in the thread would have either.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

That was a different poster with the same avatar.

• Locked thread