Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Doc Hawkins posted:

Why? It can't have been fatal.

Explosives aren't guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Batman canonically does everything he can to not kill anyone with a bomb, even if it means he just can't get rid of it.

E: to be clear I'm talking about the good movie

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Jerusalem posted:

I love the idea of Bruce having to roll out of bed and grumpily pull on a cowl before making the call :allears:

It's more funny to think he just has it in a drawer on his nightstand just for situations like this.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's hard to tell with absolute certainty (I don't think Big Barda has ever encountered a chair she wasn't hitting someone with) but if Orion and Darkseid are any indication, it's that manspreading is simply a part of the New Gods' culture.

Is it perhaps a matter of their hip structure?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wait, that's superboy in injustice?

Like from the future but also past superboy or the other kind of superboy?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

unruly posted:

That all being said: Batman didn’t have a contingency plan for the kids taking the car out for a late night spin? For shame!

His plan was the alarm. He knew no one from Earth could disable it, and it would eventually drive them crazy. He never counted on the intervention of the New Gods...

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

David D. Davidson posted:

It's more funny to think he just has it in a drawer on his nightstand just for situations like this.

Dude never took it off actually

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

Dude never took it off actually

Do you want the cowl on or off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lgpOdRXXu0

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RIP Captain Murphy.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Dude has a plan for everything. EVER-Y-THING

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
selina taking bruce down a peg is pretty much exactly what she was created for and i am ok with that

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Wait, that's superboy in injustice?

Like from the future but also past superboy or the other kind of superboy?

Conner Kent Superboy.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

Batman canonically does everything he can to not kill anyone with a bomb, even if it means he just can't get rid of it.

E: to be clear I'm talking about the good movie

.... I just realized something. Bruce's final act as Batman in the third of the new Batman movies... Is trying to get rid of a bomb.

He really could get rid of a bomb that day, guys :unsmith:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

evilmiera posted:

.... I just realized something. Bruce's final act as Batman in the third of the new Batman movies... Is trying to get rid of a bomb.

He really could get rid of a bomb that day, guys :unsmith:

You just realized that?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Also, the explanation of him surviving the explosion: He's Batman.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Absent some ducklings and nuns it's the same scene, runs/flies off screen, big explosion, everyone thinks Batman is dead, Batman is still alive.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I laughed until I cried when I first saw that scene.

Admittedly, it was in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkMPZ7WeDck&t=414s

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Malachite_Dragon posted:

He did but Selina talked him out of activating it, probably.

More or less, actually.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Veotax posted:

More or less, actually.

So it was a sex thing after all.

So how often do you think they do it it costume?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

So how often do you think they do it it costume?

Always. Every time.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

And you know he hates it when she calls him Bruce.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I know he's had a bunch of gfs for the image as Bruce but I can't help but think of him as a night owl guy who can't get it up unless he has the costume on

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Zil posted:

And you know he hates it when she calls him Bruce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceca1JCRQbA

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That show was better than a "same as X but in the FUTURE" show had any right to be.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Bruceski posted:

That show was better than a "same as X but in the FUTURE" show had any right to be.

And in this equation the X is Spider-man.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Jerusalem posted:

I know he's a New God with an unfathomable mind and all... but why didn't he just ask him to help?

A God does not ask :colbert:

He creates situations where others have no other choice than to obey. Or pays them, apparently.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

site posted:

I know he's had a bunch of gfs for the image as Bruce but I can't help but think of him as a night owl guy who can't get it up unless he has the costume on

A string of ex-girlfriends report Bruce Wayne works out excessively, disappears from bed almost every night, and frequently makes excuses to leave when things are getting intimate...the tabloids can't stop arguing whether he's gay long enough to even consider that he's Batman. It's perfect!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Supposedly Greg Rucka when he was on Batman planned a story about Gotham socialites comparing notes on Bruce Wayne.

The end point was they were going to come to the same conclusion as outlined in your post.
Only they decide if Bruce is in the closet they owe it to him to keep his (Shameful) Secret.

D.C. editorial nixed this story.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Bruce in the streets, Bats in the sheets.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Rhyno posted:

Always. Every time.

So do their outfits have removable crotch panels or what? I'm having trouble making sense of this.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Catwoman def has a crotch zipper, if nothing else so she can go to the bathroom.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Catwoman def has a crotch zipper, if nothing else so she can go to the bathroom.

I mean, it's a catsuit. You take the whole thing off down to your knees when you pee. They don't have a separate zip for pissing. I guess maybe Catwoman had a custom pissing/having sex with Batman secondary zip installed by a very accommodating tailor? But that is definitely not a feature of a standard catsuit.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

As seen in the documentary Batman Returns (1992) Selina is an accomplishmed seamstress and could easily alter her own catsuits

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

purple death ray posted:

As seen in the documentary Batman Returns (1992) Selina is an accomplishmed seamstress and could easily alter her own catsuits

It's a real shame that the scene where Catwoman finishes stitching her own custom piss flap/Batman quickie hatch and is like, finally, I've done it! was cut for time, because Michelle Pfeiffer really made a meal of it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Batman on the other hand has a button in his gloves that sends an encrypted wifi signal to his crotch-computer to activate the routine that opens his dick flap and probably fluffs him a little bit

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Android Blues posted:

I mean, it's a catsuit. You take the whole thing off down to your knees when you pee.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Feels good, girl!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Chinston Wurchill posted:

So do their outfits have removable crotch panels or what? I'm having trouble making sense of this.

That run was so mocked because of the art that even the artist himself started dunking on it.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Already covered in Watchmen:

Among the top three screw-ups in the movie: shooting that scene as though Nite Owl II and Silk Spectre II know what’s going on in the toilet.

A humble request...could someone post the edit of the sequence that includes the following panel that uses the dialog from Dark Knight Returns, about 7 basic defenses from this position/something tells me to stop with the leg? It would be appreciated almost as much as Namor appreciates the subtle, fashion-forward design choices in the 2018 male Speedo low-cut mesh thong product line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Beachcomber posted:

Explosives aren't guns.

Mr. Torgue would beg to differ.