Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Counterpoint: my group’s WHM was in the ER last night due to a horrible chair-related incident and I thought it’d be a good idea to sub in on SCH and grab a pubbie DPS. :unsmigghh: I’m fairly convinced that it’s impossible to damage Godka on a healer besides Assize and Earthly Star, and anyone who has logs showing otherwise is doing packet manipulation shenanigans.

O12S’s signature mechanic will be an HP to 1 move that requires everyone to be topped off within one server tick, or else they explode and wipe the raid.

I mean, this is why Vermain said "outside of top-end content". God Kekfa is definitely trying to kill you at every turn and is harder than the FF6 fight of the same boss :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Rainuwastaken posted:

2) The people who genuinely don't like being in a damage-dealing role, in any form. These are the people who play full-support builds on other games, where they can't fight anything remotely their level solo but are invaluable buff and health batteries for a team. I played Ragnarok Online religiously as a child and loved my support Priest, so I kinda understand these people, but XIV is absolutely not designed the same way.

This is me, for one. I got over it soon enough, but I'm one of those maniacs who always gravitates to playing a healer first in whatever MMO I touch.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Once in leveling roullete my gf had to go so she set her character to auto follow and her fairy to sic so we could keep going without needing to requeue. We would have completed the dungeon just fine that way if she didn’t get autokicked at the last boss. :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I just dinged 70 in paladin and so all the combat classes. I am now free from the scourge that is roulettes for now.

Time for leves :negative:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i heal because i hate the idea of dps rotations so it's nice to maintain 1-2 dots and spam one button forever

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

As I continually check the aetherytes in a vain hope of getting a medium plot with a decent loving view.

Ward 5 Plot 5 a medium plot in Lavender Beds on Excal is currently vacant, the view is poo poo though :negative:

Bolow fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 25, 2018

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Shere posted:

I share your pain. Trial roulette was a disaster for me yesterday. The first one I got slotted into was Susano (Normal). We did one pull, it lasted 14:43, got him to 18% hp and there were over two dozen combined deaths including a SMN with 6. I was MT DRK and there was one other competent player in the entire bunch, a Scholar, and we carried a bunch of corpses until we got a stack marker without enough warm bodies.

They "passed" the second sword in the middle phase by using LB with 1.2 seconds to spare.

In normal mode.

After they vote abandoned, I got dropped into a Shiva that took 3 attempts.

poo poo, are you me? I was in a Susano normal yesterday in which the concept of stacking just did not fuckin' exist. I should have stopped Verraising people after the tenth death.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
It was his "weights" that killed the most people, for some loving reason.

Second place was probably "people attacking the wrong rock" which also hosed me out of Soul Survivor.

Never again.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Counterpoint: my group’s WHM was in the ER last night due to a horrible chair-related incident and I thought it’d be a good idea to sub in on SCH and grab a pubbie DPS. :unsmigghh: I’m fairly convinced that it’s impossible to damage Godka on a healer besides Assize and Earthly Star, and anyone who has logs showing otherwise is doing packet manipulation shenanigans.

O12S’s signature mechanic will be an HP to 1 move that requires everyone to be topped off within one server tick, or else they explode and wipe the raid.

Two words: Cure III. Which neither SCH nor AST has a good analogue to.

Shere posted:

It was his "weights" that killed the most people, for some loving reason.

Second place was probably "people attacking the wrong rock" which also hosed me out of Soul Survivor.

Never again.

Sole Survivor got a buff and now pops and restores you for 20% of your HP and MP if it times out before the marked thing dies... do you just get *nothing* if the rocks die through non-player intervention?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i got my griffin finally :unsmith:

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Sole Survivor got a buff and now pops and restores you for 20% of your HP and MP if it times out before the marked thing dies... do you just get *nothing* if the rocks die through non-player intervention?

Oh word? I didn't know that it got changed, this was my first time touching DRK in several months. I didn't see anything coming through on scrolling combat text and just assumed it was loving me over as intended. E: not that it makes a huge difference regardless, I was merely taking it as extra salt in the wound. I was slapping it on the right one ASAP to get the heal and figured it was timing out before the rock disappeared because they killed the wrong one. I might have just missed it.

I'll check again on my next visit to purgatory.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 25, 2018

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Susano normal is a special kind of pubkiller and I honestly don't know why.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
What would O12S even be? Omega Mk II? Omega Weapon?

How do you even fight a robot that can make Neo Exdeath level enemies at will?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Xun posted:

Once in leveling roullete my gf had to go so she set her character to auto follow and her fairy to sic so we could keep going without needing to requeue. We would have completed the dungeon just fine that way if she didn’t get autokicked at the last boss. :v:

I had a scholar in leveling roulette accept their queue and then just disappear way, way long ago. I pulled the first area of brayflox to the fairy and we cleared it out while waiting on the 5 minute timer before we could vote kick.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What would O12S even be? Omega Mk II? Omega Weapon?

How do you even fight a robot that can make Neo Exdeath level enemies at will?

If you don't know what the next tier of raids will be, no one can help you

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Deltascape: 4 bosses from FF5 ending with the final boss
Sigmascape: 4 bosses from FF6 ending with the final boss
Omegascape: :iiam:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Given that the Bahamut Raid ended with Bahamut and the Alexander Raid ended with Alexander, I think it'd be weird for the Omega Raid to end with Sephiroth.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I dunno what O9 and 10 will be, but I suspect O11S will be Omega attempting to harness the power of heroes and you fight against Cloud or w/e, and then O12S will of course be Omega Prime because what else will it be?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Obviously they'll do a reverse-Shinryu where Omega takes over Sephiroth, becoming Safest Sephiroth

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I dunno what O9 and 10 will be, but I suspect O11S will be Omega attempting to harness the power of heroes and you fight against Cloud or w/e, and then O12S will of course be Omega Prime because what else will it be?

I feel like I remember it being said during Deltascape that the reason he didn't make heroes is because he doesn't understand their power source. It's part of why he's continually baiting a reaction from the WoL in Sigmascape by bringing up Biggs and Wedge or attacking Nero.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Didn't they say at some point in the lead up to SB release that we might go for a few more patch cycles than 'normal'?

I wouldn't be surprised if we get another FF tier and then a final tier that's like Level Checker, Something else, Omega Weapon, then Omega Prime which is omega taking over it's real body Alpha and learning to have real emotions and thus becoming a real boy.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Look, all I'm saying is we need an Emerald Weapon fight next tier. I want to watch the raid community explode with fury as Aire Tam Storm obliterates their pentamelded asses.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rainuwastaken posted:

Look, all I'm saying is we need an Emerald Weapon fight next tier. I want to watch the raid community explode with fury as Aire Tam Storm obliterates their pentamelded asses.

Save 7 for Garlemeald where they're all hopped up on Resonance and building their own artificial Hearts of Sabik and Weapons. Can't have primals in Garlean Town but we can have a bunch of Weapon Extreme Fights.

Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, hell bring in Jade Weapon as a new dreadnought type turned WEAPON.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Probably a real dumb question, is there ever a sale/discount on a month subscription? I want to play again, but don't want to commit to a full month in case I get bored with it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I feel like I remember it being said during Deltascape that the reason he didn't make heroes is because he doesn't understand their power source. It's part of why he's continually baiting a reaction from the WoL in Sigmascape by bringing up Biggs and Wedge or attacking Nero.

Yeah I'm just theorizing that Omega will start figuring it out in the next tier. I could just be wrong though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Rainuwastaken posted:

Is it too late to accept Thordan as our Lord and Savior? :negative:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Give me guard scorpion so I can watch 7 pubbies only ever attack when they aren't supposed to.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

A Friend floated the idea that if Garlemald is gonna be FF7 reference town what if the reason the weather/aether/land there is os hosed up and violent is because the other WEAPONS are just still around deep down in the earth.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Flaggy posted:

Probably a real dumb question, is there ever a sale/discount on a month subscription? I want to play again, but don't want to commit to a full month in case I get bored with it.

If you look really really hard you might find a discount on a 30 day sub card, but more likely you're going to pay the $12.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Deltascape: 4 bosses from FF5 ending with the final boss
Sigmascape: 4 bosses from FF6 ending with the final boss
Omegascape: :iiam:

i really hope they skip to FF8 for Omegascape just for the nerd tears

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm going to take this as an opportunity to proclaim that Nero is the best character in the game, thanks.

Kuvo posted:

i really hope they skip to FF8 for Omegascape just for the nerd tears

gently caress it, skip to 11 and bring on Absolute Virtue.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Continuing on a fresh character, I'm at 41 and man I forgot how A: How fanatical the Ishgardians are and B: How stingy the quest rewards are in giving out accessories.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Give me guard scorpion so I can watch 7 pubbies only ever attack when they aren't supposed to.

But we had that in Ala Mhigo.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

But we had that in Ala Mhigo.

That was watching only three pubbies. I want 7.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Leal posted:

Continuing on a fresh character, I'm at 41 and man I forgot how A: How fanatical the Ishgardians are and B: How stingy the quest rewards are in giving out accessories.

It amazes me that despite making adjustments, Heavensward still rewards ZERO wrist accessories during the entire 50-60 leveling experience. Stormblood at least does give you a full set of gear... though you do have to dig through the sidequests a bit to find the accessory ones.

But yeah, Omegascapes bosses are actually a big question to me, the pattern so far would suggest FF7 bosses ending with Sephiroth, but then Omega not being fought at all seems like such a copout. Well guess in another month or so we'll get our first hints of 4.4 and see what they're up to.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 26, 2018

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Axle_Stukov posted:

It amazes me that despite making adjustments, Heavensward still rewards ZERO wrist accessories during the entire 50-60 leveling experience. Stormblood at least does give you a full set of gear... though you do have to dig through the sidequests a bit to find the accessory ones.

But yeah, Omegascapes bosses are actually a big question to me, the pattern so far would suggest FF7 bosses ending with Sephiroth, but then Omega not being fought at all seems like such a copout. Well guess in another month or so we'll get our first hints of 4.4 and see what they're up to.

I really hope they save the weapons for some other content (Emerald, Ruby, etc.).

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Final coil basically felt like it had two "final" bosses, and honestly I'd say A11 also filled the also being a final boss theme. By that I mean they were just generally more involved fights than "regular" 8-man raid fights. So if that trend continues they could do FF7, just have Sephiroth for O11, and Omega itself for O12 still.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

A shame that 12 is being relegated to 24 mans otherwise i would have loved an Ultimate fight against all the Judges :sigh:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

A shame that 12 is being relegated to 24 mans otherwise i would have loved an Ultimate fight against all the Judges :sigh:

You might still get them. The Legatus' of the Legions fit right in with the Judges of 12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The next ultimate fight should be Gilgamesh and he should drop bootleg versions of iconic Final Fantasy weapons.