Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Seeing Bolt reminds me of a question arising from Media Watch last night - when did Chas from the Chaser get the brain worms bad enough to willingly appear on Sky's Outsiders and say the ABC needs more conservative voices?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
You should be letting your meat ripen in your car for a few hours while your quinoa absorbs the flavour

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
My puppy was dragging the green bags across the floor the other night, it also poos and pees on the floor, I’m as good as dead.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

bandaid.friend posted:

You should be letting your meat ripen in your car for a few hours while your quinoa absorbs the flavour

It may be an urban legend, but back when I worked for a pub nearly 20 years ago the reason we were told not to give out doggy bags is because someone left theirs in the car, it went funny, they ate it anyway, got crook and tried to sue

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
https://www.australianpeoplesparty.com

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

JBP posted:

When I order my meat at the butcher I eat it right there in front of him, raw. We high five and talk about how it's the blood that makes it manly. I make a joke about a piece of rump steak I'd like to eat while a woman walks by. Life is good.

Hope it's not one of them bloody halal butchers, don't you know that money goes straight to ISIS?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I am sure Bolt showed similar concern about the red meat section after those cancer findings were announced.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

bandaid.friend posted:

Oh gross.

Also it's kinda funny watching people pitch a fit about the bag ban. There's a Woolies near my work that has removed them already and so many people apparently live in some isolated bubble and didn't read any of the signs in the store saying this would be happening.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

froglet posted:

Oh gross.

Also it's kinda funny watching people pitch a fit about the bag ban. There's a Woolies near my work that has removed them already and so many people apparently live in some isolated bubble and didn't read any of the signs in the store saying this would be happening.

You can text and email someone for 6 months before an event/vote/change and they will still call you the day after and abuse you for an hour because "nobody told me".

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

froglet posted:

Oh gross.

The only thing that was annoying about it was them saying a date that they'd stop supplying bags and in some cases actually stopping several weeks earlier. Iajwife's sister got caught out three weeks ago when her local had just stopped ordering bags and only made any move to tell anyone when she was at the register with a small child and a full trolley.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

jfc, the mental gymnastics some of these clowns do is amazing.

*is a first generation Australian/newly arrived migrant*

*joins party that wants to shut down immigration*

What a bunch of tremendous fuckheads.

edit: I had to remove the s from https to get that link to load

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

iajanus posted:

The only thing that was annoying about it was them saying a date that they'd stop supplying bags and in some cases actually stopping several weeks earlier. Iajwife's sister got caught out three weeks ago when her local had just stopped ordering bags and only made any move to tell anyone when she was at the register with a small child and a full trolley.

So did she buy $5 worth of reusable bags or head back in and re-stack her shopping on the shelves before skulking out of the shop?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Convicted Racist Andrew Bolt is afraid of germs. Colour me suprised.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

GoldStandardConure posted:

Bolt is more of an echo than a parrot, at least parrots can learn the context of what they are repeating and use it appropriately, rather than just repeating what they have been told to say.

good bird!

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

JBP posted:

So did she buy $5 worth of reusable bags or head back in and re-stack her shopping on the shelves before skulking out of the shop?

She was imprisoned for grocery crime.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Dude McAwesome posted:

What weird and inconsistent grab bag of policies.

Like there are some that are :yeah: and some that are :fuckoff:

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Dude McAwesome posted:

I've been :psyduck: over the one nation voters in my girlfriend's first generation Taiwanese family.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Hollandia posted:

I've been :psyduck: over the one nation voters in my girlfriend's first generation Taiwanese family.

One Nation keeps mainlanders out.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

People wanting to shut the door behind them is such a weird phenomenon to me. Especially when it's old people with kids - congrats! You're happily voting to remove benefits that you received from your kids and your grandkids and so on, you fucklords.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Turnbull government to spend 7 billion dollars on Chinese hunting drones

Turnbull Government successfully decreases HECS threshold to $45k meaning if your taking home 700 bucks a week you have to start paying HECS in the new financial year.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The $7bn drone fleet is going to get seconded to Operation Enduring Personal Responsibility to launch nuclear rockets at Mt Druitt residents transacting in cash.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Des Houghton is Caleb Bond's grandfather.

https://twitter.com/TheCalebBond/status/1011417518043377664

Mods please change my name to Southern Expressway rock throwing epidemic.

Caleb writes like he’s Grandpa Simpson.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

It's ok everyone, Coles isn't doing it until July 1st, but you'd better get in quick, people are taking heaps off the self-serve machines.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

Turnbull Government successfully decreases HECS threshold to $45k meaning if your taking home 700 bucks a week you have to start paying HECS in the new financial year.

JFC Australia. :psyduck:

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Anidav posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the greatest gift my parents ever gave me was paying my uni fees. I totally understand that it isn't an option for everyone, but having it all taken care of is such an advantage and relief.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Anidav posted:

One Nation keeps mainlanders out.

Actually, it's that they keep out scary Muslims, apparently.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Anidav posted:

It's 6 drones. 6 @ $1.16bn each. They cost $120m each to produce.

I found some article that says that Germany wants to buy 4 and it's estimated they'll get theirs for 625m each.

Of course, there's no accountability when it comes to military expenditure so we'll pay whatever we are told to and ask the US if they'd like their dick sucked as well.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I paid off my HECS last financial year because I'm a vanguard millennial and you better believe I support this policy.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Whitlam posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the greatest gift my parents ever gave me was paying my uni fees. I totally understand that it isn't an option for everyone, but having it all taken care of is such an advantage and relief.

Heh, get a load of this leaner

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

ewe2 posted:

It's ok everyone, Coles isn't doing it until July 1st, but you'd better get in quick, people are taking heaps off the self-serve machines.

July 1st I will drink all the boomer and tradie tears. I will enjoy that shift almost as much as the tobacco excise increase on September 1st.

Want a bag for your fucken' single loaf of bread?

Hand it over the cash then mate.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Caleb writes like he’s Grandpa Simpson.

You should hear him talk. Think he was on JJJ Hack a few weeks ago. Thought I was listening to a well-to-do Boomer.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

JBP posted:

I paid off my HECS last financial year because I'm a vanguard millennial and you better believe I support this policy.

:getout:

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Quantum Shart posted:

Jesus gently caress you're dense, maybe put in a modicum of effort and don't downplay people with violent histories Brownshirting their way through one of the busiest spots in the country against perceived queerness using fascist language (degeneracy), while members of Antipodean Resistance chuckle along. Small story for a comfortable gently caress knuckle who can't Google for poo poo.

streamable.com/8jzpi

lol wtf

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

You Am I posted:

Having parents who are wealthy and inclined to support you by paying your HECS is an extremely lifter move.

Other lifter moves include your parents using their networks to give you a leg up in the job market, starting a business on the back of “your own hard work” and an inheritance of hundreds of thousands of dollars from your grandparents, and living rent-free with relatives to offset the cost of the deposit for your first investment property.

(I am guilty of two and a half lifter moves)

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

The banks are more popular than Facebook:

quote:

Almost half of Australians don’t trust Facebook, making it the least-trusted media brand, with consumers even admitting to having more faith in the ethics of the big four banks.

Young Australians distrust social media the most – 68 per cent of 18 to 24-year-olds, and 53 per cent of 25 to 34-year-olds, according to a new Roy Morgan survey.

Roy Morgan CEO Michele Levine said Facebook was the most mistrusted media brand in Australia.

In fact, she said, Facebook is “more toxic even than the banking industry”, based on net trust data.

“Distrust is where our deepest fears, pain, and betrayal surface – the shock of discovering we were foolish to trust too much,” Ms Levine said.

“Nowhere is that sense of betrayal more profound than in our media brands.

“Australians are feeling the shock of discovering they were foolish to trust the global platforms too much.”

This comes two months after the Delete Facebook movement, where users encouraged each other to delete their Facebook profiles following revelations about Cambridge Analytica’s illicit use of data to influence the 2016 US presidential elections.

Here's the kicker:

quote:

The Media Net Trust Survey found the ABC is the country’s most trusted media organisation. Just 9 per cent of Australians say they don’t trust the national broadcaster.

SBS is Australia’s second most trusted media brand, followed by Fairfax.

:discourse:

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

You Am I posted:

:agesilaus:

(I'm still living at home because I can't afford to move out, ama!)

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

BBJoey posted:

Having parents who are wealthy and inclined to support you by paying your HECS is an extremely lifter move.

Other lifter moves include your parents using their networks to give you a leg up in the job market, starting a business on the back of “your own hard work” and an inheritance of hundreds of thousands of dollars from your grandparents, and living rent-free with relatives to offset the cost of the deposit for your first investment property.

(I am guilty of two and a half lifter moves)

none for me!

tbh the hecs threshold should be tied to median full time wage. If you can't get a secure, above-median job with your degree then going to uni hasn't done poo poo for you.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
They may as well skip the middle man and just make it free again on that metric.

and that would be a good thing.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

G-Spot Run posted:

They may as well skip the middle man and just make it free again on that metric.

and that would be a good thing.

I'd keep repayments for those who can afford it, just because of the political capital required to abolish repayments tbh. but I'm definitely behind making uni free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

ewe2 posted:

Here's the kicker:

:discourse:

God I want to see where the Australian fits in that scale (ideally just above the banks at the bottom of the scale)