Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Droyer posted:

I assume you're excluding the one the line is actually from?

I'd prefer OYW era Char if at all possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

HitTheTargets posted:

Hey y'all, I'm looking to give Loxtax some money. Could I get some suggestions for goofy Char pictures that could match the line "I came here to laugh at you"?

Also, apologies to anyone who might've used that line already. It's a good line, so I assume there must be someone.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

HitTheTargets posted:

I'd prefer OYW era Char if at all possible.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

HitTheTargets posted:

Hey y'all, I'm looking to give Loxtax some money. Could I get some suggestions for goofy Char pictures that could match the line "I came here to laugh at you"?

Also, apologies to anyone who might've used that line already. It's a good line, so I assume there must be someone.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Darth Walrus posted:

Anyone played New Gundam Breaker yet?

Import 3 (break edition) instead. They axed co-op and bolted on a visual novel. It also has performance issues and freezes on ps4.

It does do some interesting things but moving builder parts into purely cosmetic with small stat boosts, changing how you gather parts(dropping them off 5 at a time) and the new way EX attacks work, where they are linked to a specific part and no nore general EX attacks that you learn kind of sucks.

Changing up your suit midgame is pretty cool though. And it looks good when it isn't freezing whenever something gets loaded in.

Essentially. In NGB, gunpla isn't freedom. Get 3 instead.(it has 3 times the performance. :haw:)

E:F,B. Thats what i get for leaving a tab open.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

HitTheTargets posted:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That man is a Shaw!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

That just looks like Damian Lewis.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Lemon-Lime posted:

That just looks like Damian Lewis.

Honestly, pointing this out was the tipping point.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

HitTheTargets posted:

Honestly, pointing this out was the tipping point.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

My name is Char Aznable and I'm a Lieutenant Commander in the Zeon Space Attack Force. I have a Lalah, and two kids, who I laugh at. By the time you watch this, you'll have read a lot of things about me, about what I've done, and so I wanted to explain myself, so that you'll know the truth.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Bm-s9oYSw

So this just got posted.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Raxivace posted:

I think I have the same issue with Char's Counterattack tbh, in regards to Amuro anyways.

OTOH I think I like what that movie does with Char.

If you havent, check Super Robot Wars V presents a scenario in which amuro lives through CCA and Char doesn't. It does a lot of character work for amuro that I think you'd like if you have some issues with CCA amuro.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

TheManSeries posted:

If you havent, check Super Robot Wars V presents a scenario in which amuro lives through CCA and Char doesn't. It does a lot of character work for amuro that I think you'd like if you have some issues with CCA amuro.
Yeah I've played V and I think SRW is generally pretty good at handling CCA-era Amuro, especially considering the absurdly huge ensemble casts that any individual game is juggling around.

Like V has, what, 200 named characters? Its a little ridiculous that it works as well as it does.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jun 25, 2018

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Raxivace posted:

Like V has, what, 200 named characters? Its a little ridiculous that it works as well as it does.

Now now, only about 80 of them appear regularly.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

It's literally just the teaser trailer from a few months back with english text. I mean, good on GundamInfo for doing multilingual versions of their trailers but when it is literally just text I question why they don't just put subtitle options on their original trailer the way they do for their Mobile Suit breakdown videos.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ah I thought some of that footage was new at least, my bad.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Any beginner’s advice for Gundam Breaker 3?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Step One: Build cool poo poo

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darth Walrus posted:

Combat is fairly straightforward. I prefer just to use square combos cause triangle launches and sometimes it has to finish a long rear end animation before you're back at neutral.

Use your specials often, if you keep swinging away at enemies the bars will refill in no time.

Pay attention to stat bonuses on parts. You can transfer certian abilities and stat bonuses to other parts (something you think might look cooler for your robo) through part merging. It's probably best to look up a tutorial on this. But the gist of it is you level up parts by merging it with another part or plastics. You can either merge 1 part at a time and gain the bonus or ability. Merge multiple parts to level the original part up with no ability transfer. Merge plastics to straight up just level up a part. I'm probably not explaining it best, but like I said look up a quick guide on part merging.

Go back and grind for parts that you want for your custom robot. I've probably spent more time in the building and painting menu's than I actually have in combat.

Also if you're grinding or just get multiple of a part you don't want you can select multiple and cash them in at the screen at the end of a mission. If you do this in the hanger you have to sell one at a time.

Always use the Tallgeese head as it's the coolest Gundam ever built.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Romes128 posted:

Combat is fairly straightforward. I prefer just to use square combos cause triangle launches and sometimes it has to finish a long rear end animation before you're back at neutral.

You should be able to just dash cancel out of the recovery, unless they changed it?

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Darth Walrus posted:

Some move sets have different attacks if you hold instead of tap, same goes for some options weapons doing different things on hold vs tap. Similarly some option weapons and guns work differently in the air (for example the twin buster rifles can do a rolling buster attack).

Early to mid game don't worry too much about special bonuses on gear etc. but (unless it's been changed in patches) option parts from arms, legs, backpack etc. start rapidly out damaging your normal weapons almost entirely due to the fact that +damage cap is higher for them and stats are flattened across all different parts.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Darth Walrus posted:

Apart from what has already been said. Some of the orange modifiers have better versions, they don't stack wich will waste a upgrade slot.(they also stack funny with the regular bonusses)

Bounty hunter mode is probably the fastest way to get gp.

Once you get the SD modules the only one worth it is the treasure module. The other bonuses are negligible.

Try to get treasure hunter on the head part. It helps with getting more better stuff.

Some yellow modifiers dont work with all weapons especially beam irradiation type stuff like the buster rifles.

If you use rocket launchers or have explosive rounds. Blast radius and tracking is important. The proximity detonation is handy for those as well.

Guns that fire multiple projectiles at once and explosive rounds is a amazing combination.

Some good yellow mods to get are avoid instant death, undetectable by turrets and the flinch avoidance one. I forgot what it's called.

(almost) every weapon can roll with one of up to 5 different moveset combinations, if you dont like a weapons setup, try to get another one or buy them from the store.(also goes for most guns, though the variety there is lower)

Derive merge is super rad for getting things early. For example from the Exia you can get to almost every 00 and trailblazer suit.
Also there are a few suits that can only be derive merged(generally alternate appearances like the crossbone kai kai.)

Once you have 3-4 parts from a suit it will generally pop up in the store, some kits don't though.

The durability modifier isnt that important. Theres a orange modifier that gives you 30%. For newtype that should be enough.

The toybot dlc chapter is one of the first to drop limit breakers. They allow you to go up to lvl 32(three stars) its also the quickest to run through(final mission in it is a single fight)

Weapon mastery is good to get since it is a percentile bonus to the damage.

Not all option parts are created equally. Some are more usefull than others. My favourites are the gn fangs, dragon head flamers and the sigmaxis cannons from the age-3 fortress.

There is a autoskip function if you dont want the launchnsequences or cutscenes whenever your farming for parts.

Edit: also, when in doubt. Throw more funnels at your problems.

AzMiLion fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 27, 2018

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Srice posted:

My reasoning is basically, it's way easier to talk a lot about terrible shows but mediocrity can result in a real struggle to say something interesting.

On the other hand, a lot of people don't care to talk about bad shows at all but mediocrity can be just as fruitful for "how would you do this differently" type discussions. I think Destiny is flat out awful, that Try is abysmally boring and that AGE is somehow both but never discuss any of them outside what I didn't like about them and/or how I think they could be improved. I can't even really see what else one would talk about in Destiny.

Srice posted:

That only really happens when the complaint is that G-Reco doesn't make sense.

Depends on where you're talking about it. I've been on forums where my complaint was that "I don't like the pacing and generally prefer slower paced shows like Turn-A that have more time to explore the setting and yes, I'm aware this is an entirely subjective complaint" and still been told that I should just pay attention. People were really obnoxious about G-Reco, both in criticism and defense of it. It's generally easier to discuss now that there's been newer entries that have taken the focus off it but it was near impossible to talk about with any expectation of civility for a while. What's worse is that a lot of the people saying "pay attention" acted like G-Reco was the first Tomino show, the first Gundam show, the first anime and in some cases the first media ever to have exposition weaved in to the fabric of the show in a remotely subtle manner. And yea, I know they were just trolling assholes; but the point is they made discussion of it nigh on impossible whether you were for or against the show.

What's the curved bit on top of the Kshatriya's binders?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
The ability that gives you a bunch of spinning swords around your body for a while is probably the most useful one I’ve come across imo.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

tsob posted:

What's the curved bit on top of the Kshatriya's binders?

GN fang racks. They hold 3 gn fangs each, super usefull for stunning opponents.

Romes128 posted:

The ability that gives you a bunch of spinning swords around your body for a while is probably the most useful one I’ve come across imo.

Yeah it's rad. Especially in combination with the IFS units from the beginning 30. It's the combo i use on this particular suit. Blenders things real good.
(The IFS units are the glowing cat ears on the head.)

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

The only problem I have with GB3 is that in Bounty Hunter mode, the AI pretty much has constant supers: for a while I found it impossible to melee some enemies because the damage shield was always up.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

tsob posted:

On the other hand, a lot of people don't care to talk about bad shows at all but mediocrity can be just as fruitful for "how would you do this differently" type discussions. I think Destiny is flat out awful, that Try is abysmally boring and that AGE is somehow both but never discuss any of them outside what I didn't like about them and/or how I think they could be improved. I can't even really see what else one would talk about in Destiny.

I've personally never been a fan of script doctor discussions. For better or worse I'd rather engage with what something was going for, tho that's just my own preference.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Srice posted:

I've personally never been a fan of script doctor discussions. For better or worse I'd rather engage with what something was going for, tho that's just my own preference.

If you're gonna do that go whole hog and write the fanfiction your heart is begging you to write.

You know you want to.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

alt.gundam.fanfic [13+]] The Way 0083 SHOULD have ended

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Sharkopath posted:

If you're gonna do that go whole hog and write the fanfiction your heart is begging you to write.

Personally I've always thought that was a waste of time and it's better to simply use that avenue of discussion to mine ideas for my own fiction.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I don't have a problem with the way 0083 ended. I question how bad those plot beats were executed.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

I don't have a problem with the way 0083 ended. I question how bad those plot beats were executed.

alt.gundam.fanfic [[18+]]

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Arcsquad12 posted:

I think it was you earlier saying that regardless of people's opinion of how 0083 was done, people could at least agree on what it was doing and that that made conversation around it better; to which I'd like to point out that Cima's part in 0083 is quite murky in that regard and it's fairly ambiguous how much information she had at any point and just how much of the plot being a deliberate conspiracy to play in to the creation of the Titans at the expense of the protagonists is intended versus just making for a tidier summary of what was going on.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I always thought that everything leading up to the colony actually hitting earth was part of the plot. They had the solar ray system ready to go to blow up the colony.

Only time Bask seemed shocked was when Gato managed to take out the control ship. It's not very clear at all, granted.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Most of what happens after Konpei Island gets nuked is a confusing mess of swiftly shifting loyalties. It's convoluted, but when you lay it out, it kind of makes sense. The issue comes down to how it is presented and it just doesn't do that good a job of it and the whole thing turns into a three or maybe even four way slaughter fest where everyone gets hosed except Axis.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

tsob posted:

I think it was you earlier saying that regardless of people's opinion of how 0083 was done, people could at least agree on what it was doing and that that made conversation around it better; to which I'd like to point out that Cima's part in 0083 is quite murky in that regard and it's fairly ambiguous how much information she had at any point and just how much of the plot being a deliberate conspiracy to play in to the creation of the Titans at the expense of the protagonists is intended versus just making for a tidier summary of what was going on.

The manga clarifies pretty much all of this and is basically an apology for the jankiness of the ova.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

DamnGlitch posted:

The manga clarifies pretty much all of this and is basically an apology for the jankiness of the ova.

The recent one that includes a G-Fighter for some inexplicable reason?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

The G-Fighter is canon, it's just whether or not the White Base had one of those or a Core Booster that is up for debate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

It also has some other cool MSV stuff. It really is the superior version of events.