Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

they want a no deal brexit because them and their mates can come in and buy UK assets after they're sold off due to the economy collapsing

So like a stupider version of 90s Russia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Shear Modulus posted:

it owns because theres never any real actual respect they can point to and when pushed on it they say things like "well now we can say merry christmas again"

or with the recent SCOTUS rulings “at least the [insert racial slur here] aren’t comin in no more” and “now we can make America a christian nation again”

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Burt Sexual posted:

Doesn't it make sense to build the poo poo right next to where you want to sell it?

lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Transit_Connect#Tariff_circumvention

quote:

Ford imports all Transit Connects as passenger vehicles with rear windows, rear seats, and rear seat-belts to circumvent the 25% tariff on imported light trucks. The vehicles are exported from Turkey on cargo ships owned by Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics, arrive in Baltimore, and are converted into commercial vehicles at WWL Vehicle Services Americas Inc. facility: rear windows are replaced with metal panels and rear seats removed (except on wagons). The removed parts are recycled.

The process exploited a perceived loophole in the customs definition of a commercial vehicle. As cargo does not need seats with seat belts or rear windows, presence of those items exempts the vehicle from commercial vehicle status. The conversion cost Ford hundreds of dollars per van but saved thousands over having to pay the tax.

Partly because of this, only the long-wheelbase, high-roof configuration is exported to North America. In most places the high-roof Transit Connect, like most Ford Econoline vans, is unable to access multi-story parking because of its height of 1.98 m (6′ 6″).

As of January 2013, the loophole no longer works and Ford has to pay the 25% tax. They are, however, still imported as passenger vans and converted after importation.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Suicide: it's not just for individuals anymore

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Skellybones posted:

So like a stupider version of 90s Russia?

pretty much

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

logikv9 posted:

We had all been drinking the Kool aid, just no one told us Jim Jones had made it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

logikv9 posted:

https://twitter.com/CBSMoneyWatch/status/1011606914428555265

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

weird how the sector that relies on welfare more than any other sector in the economy besides """"defense"""" gets immediately skull hosed when they vote to destroy the welfare state

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Epic High Five posted:

weird how the sector that relies on welfare more than any other sector in the economy besides """"defense"""" gets immediately skull hosed when they vote to destroy the welfare state
But, you see: they owned the libs.

Their work here was done.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

FMguru posted:

But, you see: they owned the libs.

Their work here was done.

They can now die painfully and have their family lands gobbled up by giant corporate farms.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Zil posted:

They can now die painfully and have their family lands gobbled up by giant corporate farms.

the republicans should erect a statue honoring small-town and rural America killing itself so our billionaires can fight to become the first trillionaire :patriot:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

quote:

She pointed to Minnesota, where a suicide hotline closed earlier this month after a budget dispute between the legislature and the governor.

We're sorry, that number is no longer in service. If you'd like to make another call, please hang up and try again.

wtf

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Burt Sexual posted:

We're sorry, that number is no longer in service. If you'd like to make another call, please hang up and try again.

wtf

just world

by Minnesota values

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Burt Sexual posted:

wtf

"Hang up and try again" is good advice to someone who believes in reincarnation

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Burt Sexual posted:

wtf

We got a chudly legislature in 2016, the governor is a bulwark against this state going to hell.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

uk and us, both desperately hitting their dicks with hammers while pointing and laughing about how dumb the other one is

In some few centuries from now people will wonder why English is the world lingua franca when all the Anglosphere countries are smoldering backwards third world holes.
"I guess they must have been a big deal at some point?" people will casually wonder, in the same way they look at Babylonian ruins in Iraq.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Grape posted:

In some few centuries from now people will wonder why English is the world lingua franca when all the Anglosphere countries are smoldering backwards third world holes.
"I guess they must have been a big deal at some point?" people will casually wonder, in the same way they look at Babylonian ruins in Iraq.

LISA remain the only game that accuratly portrays what the post apocalypse will look like, just a bucnh dumbfucks living in trashpiles getting themselves killed in increasingly stupid ways

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Agean90 posted:

LISA remain the only game that accuratly portrays what the post apocalypse will look like, just a bucnh dumbfucks living in trashpiles getting themselves killed in increasingly stupid ways

A sea of dipshits

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc

Agean90 posted:

hey now, getting killed by a fireball or your head being bitten off by a Joy Mutant is kinda cool

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Agean90 posted:

That's basically any time I play a Bethesda Fallout, and 75% of Fist of the North Star.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

It still astounds me that the US, which has had fantastic trade deals with just about everyone (in terms of how they benefited the US) and managed to elect a moron who swore the deals were bad and that he’d get rid of them. loving phenomenal

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Kit Walker posted:

It still astounds me that the US, which has had fantastic trade deals with just about everyone (in terms of how they benefited the US) and managed to elect a moron who swore the deals were bad and that he’d get rid of them. loving phenomenal

They were fantastic for the same class that has been systematically defunding education for decades, op

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Kit Walker posted:

TRUMP!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

etalian posted:

lmao in hindsight trying to take on the whole world wasn't the best plan especially how the EU system means every European country will abide by the punitive tariffs.
remember when merkel had to tell trump like a dozen times that economic deals have to go through the eu and not germany alone

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Kit Walker posted:

It's neck-and-neck with the UK unilaterally torching its trade and customs relationship with its closest neighbor and biggest partner. The Brits had a pretty advantageous position in the EU (could keep own currency, didn't have to join Schengen area, etc) and they just threw that all away. If they ever do try to rejoin the EU in the future, it will be on much, much less advantageous terms.

I read a piece in the NYT a couple months ago about a seaside town in England which was strongly pro-Brexit because their fishing fleet had dwindled to near-nothingness, supposedly because of EU fisheries regulation and competition. So they were very happy that they'd throw off the crippling yoke of Brussels, happy days are here again! Except...the fishing port had turned into a major import/export/processing/distribution point for seafood, and those firms employed more people than the fishing fleet ever did, and they are all shutting down operations in the wake of the end of EU trade relations. The locals, naturally, were whining up a storm about the unfairness of it all.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/23/business/grimsby-brexit.html

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Relin posted:

remember when merkel had to tell trump like a dozen times that economic deals have to go through the eu and not germany alone

trump doesn't

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Business Gorillas posted:

They were fantastic for the same class that has been systematically defunding education for decades, op

What does "op" mean is this context? He's not the op of this thread.

I see this all over the place and it drives me nuts.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It's important to note that they want to be able to fish the North sea until there is nothing left which is what EU quotas are trying to stop

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

forums slang changes from board ro board but cam figured out thru context op

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

definitions of words can change, op

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Elephant Ambush posted:

ikr, its referring to the poster that made that comment, just quote it to avoid confusion imo. Everyone quoting the OP would be annoying, thats why I learned "OP". But :shrug: not a huge deal.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Burt Sexual posted:

ikr, its referring to the poster that made that comment, just quote it to avoid confusion imo. Everyone quoting the OP would be annoying, thats why I learned "OP". But :shrug: not a huge deal.

That's redundant and dumb.

It's on par with all the people ending every single sentence or post with "tbh". Makes no sense.

Anyway thanks for explaining and I apologise for the derail.

Carry on with chud mockery.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Jose posted:

It's important to note that they want to be able to fish the North sea until there is nothing left which is what EU quotas are trying to stop
There was a follow up piece in the Guardian about fishermen slowly coming to realize that leaving the EU wouldn't magically make the fisheries restore themselves, and that with Brexit the UK would have to renegotiate fishing rights with all its neighbors, and would probably result in worse access, plus they're losing their export markets. LOL.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/mar/23/we-have-been-hijacked-fishermen-feel-used-over-brexit

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

who, among us, can claim to not be an op??

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

FMguru posted:

There was a follow up piece in the Guardian about fishermen slowly coming to realize that leaving the EU wouldn't magically make the fisheries restore themselves, and that with Brexit the UK would have to renegotiate fishing rights with all its neighbors, and would probably result in worse access, plus they're losing their export markets. LOL.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/mar/23/we-have-been-hijacked-fishermen-feel-used-over-brexit

good. I want everyone who is voting for stupid poo poo to suffer every single consequence that comes of it. then I want them to saw their own heads off but that's asking too much

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Kit Walker posted:

Capitalists are dumb and instead of using the surpluses to compensate the people who lost out on these deals, they let vast swathes of the country rust away to ruin and forgot that those people vote.

Also, not that the 1% were the deciding vote, but capitalists are dumb and voted for Trump anyway because he inherited wealth so he must know how to make them all rich lawl.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

when are baggy suits making a comeback
asking for a friend

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Wrong thread

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 22:15 on Jun 26, 2018

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

AkumaHokoru posted:

good. I want everyone who is voting for stupid poo poo to suffer every single consequence that comes of it. then I want them to saw their own heads off but that's asking too much

I'd like them to see the error of their ways and learn a lesson and become better people but there's a higher chance of them sawing their own heads off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

when are baggy suits making a comeback
asking for a friend

Like, 2/3rds of the guys in the bottom pic are wearing suits that are fitting ok or a bit tight, and the other third look like clowns. In the top pic, every single guy looks like complete trash.

Baggy suits will only make a comeback if Trump gets his 2nd/3rd term and Trump Thought gets included in the Constitution