Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Teach posted:

Drew is Da Share Zone? Ok, I didn't know that. Good for him.

as the saying goes, drew is fifty percent of the internet in real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Drew is basically half the people on the internet. In ten years we're going to find out he was also @dril, Chuck Tingle, and Andy Kaufman.

haha gently caress sorry i didnt even see that

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Krankenstyle posted:

haha gently caress sorry i didnt even see that

That's okay Drew, I know you're a busy guy ;)

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Drew is basically half the people on the internet. In ten years we're going to find out he was also @dril, Chuck Tingle, and Andy Kaufman.

It's pretty amazing. I can barely grasp that kind of productivity.

Someone posted this a couple months back, and I love it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmOw-jplSMk

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Drew is probably Jon Hendren and the Smash Mouth guy.

And the eggs.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

What if the singularity has come, we're in the matrix, and the simulation is almost perfect except everyone is Drew?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I'm super tired and for like 10 posts I thought everyone was talking about the Fark guy.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I'm super tired and for like 10 posts I thought everyone was talking about the Fark guy.

oh, he's that drew too

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Sagebrush posted:

oh, he's that drew too

lets not say things we cant take back

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Drew Carey?

Erotic Wakes
May 19, 2018

by Lowtax

Super Waffle posted:

Drew Toothpaste is literally M R CRACKER aka I LIKE FROSTYS aka da share zone aka KOMPRESSOR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fDT12ScCzM

good man

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Yestermoment posted:

All I know is, I don't give a gently caress what the LGBT community thinks about Mrs. Doubtfire.

IT WAS A RUN-BY FRUITING

I will laugh every time.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

Just delete stupid messages

mewse posted:

It just says "report" and "quote" here

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

IT WAS A RUN-BY FRUITING

I will laugh every time.

It's so sad when that happens.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Frobbe posted:

all this shopping's killing me!

Moola posted:

Lol this is a shop right?

glitchkrieg posted:

Yeah, it's Tesco.

Moola posted:

walked right into that one

Nebalebadingdong posted:

why wouldn't you? its a one stop shop for every day needs!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

https://youtu.be/tZ1qHsw_V1s

8-Bit Scholar posted:

This is basically my point, in all seriousness. The righteousness and zealotry that has infested "leftist" politics -- while always being there to some extent -- is manifested in a naked display of lust for control and power. There is no fundamental difference between communism and fascism at their extremes -- in the end, individual liberty is stifled, and the tyranny of the "majority" -- which is in fact a ruling minority, as it is always -- is enacted upon everyone.

You see now what Something Awful has become. You see the culture before you -- an abattoir of the most vile, unrepentent hatred and vitriol. Where a savage desire to appear progressive and forward-thinking has overtaken not just common courtesy, decency and sense, but has eroded any appearance of "humor" in favor of endless bullying, harassment and barbs. Where the most wretched of people act with impunity and those who call for compromise are branded traitors.

There is no discourse here, Ownager. There is no reason, no rhetoric nor is there a want for it. Under the current leadership this is exactly what SA has become -- a festering pit of shrieking, howling malcontents who hate themselves and the world so much that they care only for whatever excuse they can seize to destroy it. They don't care about solutions, about fact or reason. They only care about "owning" you and anyone who disagrees, anyone who does not step in line, anyone who objects to the common order.

This is what the left has become.

Maybe it's what it has always been.

I saw this years ago, I experienced this vitriol when it was once contained to D&D. Now see it has spread like a cancer, and what is the result? People abandon this website in droves. They flee and do not return and what was once valued in the millions is now an empty vessel making the loudest of sounds. This is the result.

If Lowtax still hears our prayers, he should intervene. He is the only one who can save this place -- if he even cares to.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

*extremely dramatic history channel reenactor voice* feminism...is bad

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I always found 8bits intense, self serious pomposity weirdly charming but i think he'd gone as far on the Goon Road as it was in him to go, lol

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
all I have left is the insatiable hunger to "own" people

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

quote:

an abattoir of the most vile, unrepentent hatred and vitriol
i love this

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
an abattoir of the most vile, unrepentant antipodean madmen sticking foreign objects up their bum

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

this broken hill posted:

an abattoir of the most vile, unrepentant antipodean madmen sticking foreign objects up their bum

What is “Australia”? Thank you, now I’ll take “Places Ending in -stralia” for 400, Alex.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jeza posted:

You're a Republican, then?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jeza posted:

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Some of those who gently caress horses, are the same that burn crosses.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Mozi posted:

so that's why they call them ducks

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

FactsAreUseless posted:

It means he's a nut, OP. He's crazy in the coconut.

Starman Super DX posted:

I’m gonna kill you

By popular demand posted:

Kazoos at dawn you son of a bitch.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Dienes posted:

Imagine feeling so self-important that your first thought is the sunflower is an elaborate ruse to hide a spy camera rather than, you know, its a flower.

Brawnfire posted:

It doesn't help that everything would be backlit

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I have a quote request. Actually, I have two.

First, does anyone remember a short piece of goon fiction that portrayed a really grim version of Leave it to Beaver? I think Mr. Cleaver was beating Mrs. Cleaver, and Wally and Eddie raped a neighbor girl or something? I have absolutely no idea what the context was, or what thread it might have been in.

Second, during one of the Doobie threads, a goon related how hot dogs had nearly killed him multiple times. I think he kept choking on them or something. After he admitted this, goons started writing little bits of fan fiction about hotdogs causing people to die. I don’t remember many specifics, but I do remember that there were some pretty dark and hilarious vignettes about people choking to death on hotdogs. I’d like all of the stories, if anyone has them.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
The second one is MisterBibs

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a collected adventures of MisterBibs post somewhere? Every subforum seems to have a story about him.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
He's like Johnny Appleseed but with a severe head injury.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
just ask, he is still a fairly regular poster.

mrbibbsyouareincrediblyincorrect.gif

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Request: a post from YOSPOS or possibly Cavern of COBOL, I think. It was a story about factories, threads and fecal matter ending with a punchline that went something like "and that's why <username> produces only poo poo threads".

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

frankenfreak posted:

Request: a post from YOSPOS or possibly Cavern of COBOL, I think. It was a story about factories, threads and fecal matter ending with a punchline that went something like "and that's why <username> produces only poo poo threads".

I don't think this is it, but since I went through the trouble of finding it this is a classic, as is the whole thread:

infrateal posted:

Yeah sorry im late i just got back from the hospital... no im fine, i had to take heebs-g. uh-huh. yeaaaaah. like this:

So im talkin to heebs about this and that and i mention ive been listenin to Cuban Linx 2 and he gets all excited and says "you know wha? I just finished an album myself!" and i was like, whoa, i didn't know you did... music? and he said "yeah bro yeah! i make raps!" and im thinking oh my god and he says "i was gonna wait till friday to let it drop but if you wanna come over i can give you a sneak peak" and im thinking oh my god i gotta hear this

so we drive over to his place and on the way im asking him about his raps and all and he starts doing these unbefuckinglievable freestyles, with like 5-second pauses between words and his eyebrows all knit together like he cracking codes, but they sounded like this:

"i got a grill so big if i were a dragon i could cook hot dogs on it/
i call my friends bro not dogg, dog gone it/
whenever anyone tries to rag me on it/
i tell them theyre dillwads and to stuff a wad of rags in it"

and im doing my best to look real serious while hes mean-muggin and FINALLY we get to his house and he goes in this back room and i hear all this thrashing around and im thinking, poo poo does he actually have boxes of cds back there, is he unpacking things, what's going on and finally i hear him yell "hey come give me a hand with this" so i go back there and he's got this... oh my god. this thing:

as far as i can tell its like a kiddy pool, but covered in aluminum foil. and like theres all these holes in it, with barcode stickers... from everything man. cut-out barcodes from frosted flakes taped in. in the holes. hundreds of them. and i realize he doesnt have boxes of cds, he MADE HIS OWN ALBUM, like, out of stuff. like he understands that cds are shiny and digital but beyond that... im not gonna try and figure this out man but just take my word for it, he was proud as poo poo of this thing

ok so it wasnt going to fit through the door, so he said he'd show it to me "in the studio," which was this lovely room covered in foil scraps and tapewads and like answering machines from 1994, and i said "but i can see it real good man" and he laughs and pulls out this laser pointer and says "bro. you need to HEAR it!" and then he gets this double-handed grip on the laser pointer right, juts out his tongue and aims and shoots the laser. and he starts moving the laser dot real slow and careful like in a circle, around the "cd". and im thinking oh my god he actually thinks this will make sound somehow. he thinks hes gonna make raps come out of that thing. and he starts moving the laser faster and faster and gets this look, man, like this horror shock, like wile e. coyote trying to run in midair.

and i tell him--im about to bust a gut trying not to laugh at his arts-and-crafts cargo cult poo poo--i tell him real gentle "hey man youre an innovator. you made the album, you can make a way to play it" and then i left and loving cracked up

but then that night like 12:30 am i get this call, from heebs number but hes not on the phone, i hear this wheezin, then finally i hear heebs real weak saying "bro... bro... the cd... can't breathe" so i rush over there and hes, ok, hes in his bedroom, theres a huge hole in the ceiling, the ceiling fan is on top of the cd, and the cds on top of heebs... he loving tried to duck tape his cd to a ceiling fan so it would spin. and it all fell on him and broke two ribs.

i couldnt keep myself from laughing... and hes laying there all covered in plaster wheezing at me all angry like "fuhhc hayooo bbro" and its makin me laugh even harder. i felt kinda bad for encouraging him but man... what was he thinking

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

frankenfreak posted:

It's by That Turkey Story, but I can't find the actual post.

quote:

I work as a programmer coding software for an automatic sewing machine that runs entirely on cow manure to be used primarily by wives of cattle farmers (not even kidding). Despite how it sounds, we somehow have a steady stream of consumers and the software itself is surprisingly complicated -- the machine manages all different kinds of needles and threads, switching between them via a simple interface and it alerts the user when spools are running low, etc. It's not exactly the most fun work I've done, but it's unique and it pays well.

Anyway, the code-base is absolutely garbage and it makes heavy use of factories for creating any and all objects. What's even worse is that the coding standard here for factories is to use all single letter identifiers that consist of the first letter of the word that they represent. The exception to this rule is that if you want to represent something that is two or more words long, you use the first letter of each of those words (I.E. the generic factory for creating objects that represent "Needles" is a global object simply called "n" and the factory that produces objects that represent "Tatting Needles" is called "tn" ). Furthermore, we have a strict versioning convention where you append "v#" to any new factory name that is a revised version of another factory where # is the version number). For instance, at some point early on in development before I got here, the type for representing upholstery needle's was totally revamped and a new type was created -- rather than reuse the same factory name, the old one still exists, but if you want the new type, you have to use the "unv2" factory, where "unv2" stands for upholstery needle version 2. Couple this with the fact that there are pretty much no comments and you get impossible to read code that you have to analyze to figure out what it's supposed to be doing.

Case in point, we have different factories for threading needles that work with different internal types based on whether the machine is running on cow manure or bull manure or a combination, so there is a factory "nc" for "no cow" if it is trying to thread a needle when running strictly on bull manure, "cb" if it is trying to thread a needle while running on cow and/or bull manure, and "nb" if it is trying to thread a needle while running on just cow manure. What's worse is, these factories are constantly being revised so seeing an expression like "cbv3()" for "cow and bull version 3" is way too common.

To make a long story short, one afternoon back in 2002 I was making updates to the threading functionality and when I tested my changes on the actual machine, everything seemed to work fine except that whenever I went to work with strictly bull manure, all the spools were getting covered in feces! I looked back at my code but because it was a long day I couldn't figure out what the problem was so I just started a new version of the "no bull" code and increased the version count to 5.

Everything works fine now if you use the latest factory, but to this day, nbv4 produces nothing but lovely threads.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Spanish Manlove posted:

He's like Johnny Appleseed but with a severe head injury.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Vanadium posted:

:tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Vanadium posted:

I find it important to mention that the OP of that thread was named nbv4