Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
For awhile, when I was in USAREC, I had to stress whether kids would graduate high school and poo poo like that and started having a frequent dream that I never graduated myself. Brains are weird, why can't you just let me dream about boobies or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I like the dream where I'm supposed to be ready for deployment but I have no gear and nobody believes me when I tell them I'm not in the army anymore.

That's pooki's dream tho?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I had a dream that I missed a class, and had to retake my senior year. The issue was, I was still in the NG. In my dream, I was fighting getting kicked out and having to repay all Army pay and allowances, along with all VA money I had spent. I was going to lose all my college credits. The Army said I had six weeks to get it straight, and no school would let me take the classes, because I was a piece of poo poo who faked a diploma and then built a life on the lie.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Y'all have weird AF dreams.

The last dream I had I was in the tonight show with Conan obrien and we were discussing the latest romance novel that I wrote.

And the only thing I could say and repeated was "well you just make sure..that when you're riding you bike you don't have a flat tire."

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
There's only one dream about the Army where I get in trouble that I have pretty often and that's that I smoked some weed and I'd get piss tested. Sometimes the dreams are so vivid that I'll wake up and for a minute and I'll think I actually smoked some weed until I fully wake up.

I think it means that I really, really want to smoke weed again.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mustang posted:

There's only one dream about the Army where I get in trouble that I have pretty often and that's that I smoked some weed and I'd get piss tested. Sometimes the dreams are so vivid that I'll wake up and for a minute and I'll think I actually smoked some weed until I fully wake up.

You should smoke a blunt in the BC's office.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Sleep in your PT gear and repeat your ARMY values in the mirror before sleep

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I end up dreaming that they deploy me again and my wife and kids get mad because the Army basically kidnaps me and sends me to Tunisia or something.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

maffew buildings posted:

Sleep in your PT gear and repeat your ARMY values in the mirror before sleep

You joke but I occasionally did this so I could stay in bed for an extra five minutes every morning.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Nice and hot piss posted:

Y'all have weird AF dreams.

No poo poo, right?

One I used to have for the longest time was being back in that goddamn sandstorm, having to do fire missions while getting shot at, by our hq section.

That or the pos where the worlds worst sniper took shots at us every morning and having to check on my guys.

Don't know why y'all get this "back in high school naked but in uniform" nightmare poo poo.

The fluffy rear end cat who purrs at me when I wake up and va drugs help, a lot.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I've had a few where I get recalled but haven't gotten a haircut or shaved my beard off. :shrug:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I had a dream once that I more or less stole a C130 for a joyride, then bailed out and watched it crash into the ground.

I woke up panicking about how much poo poo I was about to be in

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I dream that I lose my weapon and start checking a thousand identical ones for my serial

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mustang posted:

:same:

That and that I rolled up with a beard.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
W020305

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
never memorized that poo poo that is what stock numbers are for.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Also used to have one where I was burning hot, soaked on sweat in full mop gear and I'd take it off but each layer of mopp revealed another layer and the gas mask stayed off but it was hot as hell.

I would wake up to my previous cat, a fuzzball bigger and floofier than my current one sleeping on my back. In the middle of summer. Same cat would wait till I was done lifting to beg for laptime. Because of course when I'm overheating, covered in sweat is the best laptime.

That one stopped when he passed. Miss that fluffy jerk.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

mods change my name posted:

I don't even remember my stuck number from my time in the 82nd. The one I do remember is from the 173d.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

mods change my name posted:

We had to read it to the armorer before turning it in because he couldn’t be assed to read it himself and compare it to his paper. Then he would hand it back to us to keep cleaning.

Do that long enough and you’ll start to remember it. Luckily enough time has passed that I have long forgot.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's also what the stock number is for, but I guess it depends on the armorer

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

You guys ever been driving in to work at 0330 and just looking with hate at all the peaceful houses with peaceful people sleeping in their peaceful beds?

I drove past a breakfast diner in some farmland the other day (it was around 0400, still quite dark) and it was full of local farmers laughing and drinking their coffee. Just getting ready for a day of riding a tractor and throwing hay around.

If I sound jealous as gently caress, it's because I am.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

spacetoaster posted:

You guys ever been driving in to work at 0330 and just looking with hate at all the peaceful houses with peaceful people sleeping in their peaceful beds?

I drove past a breakfast diner in some farmland the other day (it was around 0400, still quite dark) and it was full of local farmers laughing and drinking their coffee. Just getting ready for a day of riding a tractor and throwing hay around.

Console yourself with the knowledge that farmers commit suicide more per capita than any other group.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
If someone is happy to be up before 0730, they probably aren’t cool people.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Vahakyla posted:

If someone is happy to be up before 0730, they probably aren’t cool people.

If someone is happy to jump out of a plane after they already broke themselves by jumping out of a plane, they probably aren’t cool people.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AIRBORNE

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AIRBORNE

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AIRBORNE *destroys spine during a jump then rides a motorcycle. muffled hooah in the distance*

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

kawasaki ninja rolling down the strip
oh god my back all my discs have slipped

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

redneck nazgul posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTj-jJDkYkM

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

redneck nazgul posted:

There's one in every unit platoon.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

spacetoaster posted:

I feel like that every day I drive in too work and I've only been in a fraction as long as you have. Don't know how you did it.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mustang posted:

I feel like that every day I drive in too work and I've only been in a fraction as long as you have. Don't know how you did it.

Maybe you should have joined the Navy so you could play extreme beach volleyball with your fellow Naval Aviators.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Console yourself with the knowledge that farmers commit suicide more per capita than any other group.

I'm pretty sure that vets and lgbt FAR outstrip farmers.

Mustang posted:

Being the guy who was willing to take jobs that weren't fast tracks to "better" positions, but sent me to cool places to do cool things.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

spacetoaster posted:

I'm pretty sure that vets and lgbt FAR outstrip farmers.

Being the guy who was willing to take jobs that weren't fast tracks to "better" positions, but sent me to cool places to do cool things.

Farmers are around 85/100000, vets are around 30/100000.

Farmers are killing themselves at a staggering rate

wiki page on US veteran suicides (lol that that exists)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
https://www.creditdonkey.com/lgbt-statistics.html

https://afsp.org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics/

tl;dr

In LGBT its 175/100000

In genpop, .0014% have succeeded, but .035% have attempted. In LGBT groups, .175% have attempted (5x as genpop). In transgender people, 40% have attempted and 3% have succeeded :smith:.

for once I've gotten 97% on a test, at least

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 27, 2018

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

https://www.creditdonkey.com/lgbt-statistics.html

https://afsp.org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics/

tl;dr

In LGBT its 175/100000

In genpop, .0014% have succeeded, but .035% have attempted. In LGBT groups, .175% have attempted (5x as genpop). In transgender people, 40% have attempted and 3% have succeeded :smith:.

for once I've gotten 97% on a test, at least

Oh oops, prove me wrong. I guess I confused more with most. My b. Check in on any gay veteran farmers you know.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Nah I didn't even see your reply as I was typing that on my phone. It was good to take a look at the numbers, it's been awhile.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Working up a hot sweat
I'm scratching in your pea patch
Plowing through your bean field
Planting my seed.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

SEX FARM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Check in on any gay veteran farmers you know.