Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Can anyone spoiler text a desc of the photos? Not the photos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

Someone’s just going to recreate the photos in ascii now

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Pick posted:

Like what are you expecting here?

Its a greasy red stain down a concrete wall and a bloody vaguely-recognizable-as-humanoid shape jutting out from a twisted heap of metal and glass.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Pick posted:

Description of the photo below :nms:

It's basically half the girl hanging out of the car. Most of her face is torn away and you can see skull/brains/etc. She's pretty much smashed.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Fuuuck

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Yeah not pretty. I really am going to show this thing to my idiot next time he's driving like poo poo.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Those photos were being circulated on 4chan around the time I first time I went to /b/. It really showed me what kind of place the Internet was. They call her Porsche girl and people would send the family fake snail mail with the photos inside. Maybe they still do.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I haven't seen those photos either. However I have seen photos of what happens to a man's skull if he stands in front of a jet fighter that's catapulted from an aircraft carrier.

I recommend not seeing those photos.

If anyone does want to see... it's like, really bad. "Intentional infliction of emotional distress" level bad if you're sending it to the family :smith:

I don't think you should send it unsolicited even though it does make you want to slow down

this is her before:

And this is her after (EXTREMELY GOREY PICTURE WARNING)

:nms::nms::nms::nms::nms:
http://www.bestgore.com/road-accidents/porsche-girl-nikki-catsouras-carcrash-photos/attachment/nikki-catsouras-porsche-girl-car-accident-07/
:nms::nms::nms::nms::nms:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

monkeytennis posted:

Ugh that’s one of my worst fears. I still feel a bit panicky reading about Mossdale even though I’ve read about it plenty.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/what-lies-beneath-mossdale-caving-disaster-794268.html

Yeah, between this and the Nutty Putty incident, caving can just gently caress right off.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Pick posted:

I believe this thread already covered the term “Injuries incompatible with life”.

When driving, take it easy and drive to the conditions. Don’t drive angry.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Nothing good is happening when a photo of yourself has a "hosted on BestGore" watermark

xtal has a new favorite as of 00:50 on Jun 28, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I remember that photo. That and the Chechen soldier getting his head cut off with a knife seemed to wind up linked absolutely everywhere.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Caganer posted:

/r/creepywikipedia has some good stuff

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_death_worm

The Mongolian death worm (Mongolian: олгой-хорхой, olgoi-khorkhoi, "large intestine worm") is a creature alleged to exist in the Gobi Desert.

The creature first came to Western attention as a result of Roy Chapman Andrews's 1926 book On the Trail of Ancient Man. The American paleontologist was not convinced by the tales of the monster that he heard at a gathering of Mongolian officials: "None of those present ever had seen the creature, but they all firmly believed in its existence and described it minutely."[1]

The worm is said to inhabit the western[3] or southern[1] Gobi. In the 1987 book Altajn Tsaadakh Govd, Ivan Mackerle described it as travelling underground, creating waves of sand on the surface which allow it to be detected.[4] The Mongolians say it can kill at a distance, either by spraying a venom at its prey or by means of electric discharge.[1][5] They say that the worm lives underground, hibernating most of the year except for June and July, when it becomes active. It is also reported that it most often comes to the surface when it rains and the ground is wet.[1][self-published source?]

The Mongolians believe that touching any part of the worm will cause almost instant death and tremendous pain. It has been told that the worm frequently preyed on camels and laid eggs in its intestines, and eventually acquired the trait of its red-like[clarification needed] skin. Its venom supposedly corrodes metal and local folklore tells of a predilection for the color yellow. The worm is also said to have a preference for local parasitic plants such as the goyo.[1][self-published source?]

I felt like he was trolling. Sorry my polite pushback offended people :shrug:

it's the shai hulud!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Ah Jesus why did I click that

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

fruit on the bottom posted:

Ah Jesus why did I click that

same reason we reach out and touch the wall when there's a wet paint sign

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

I remember that photo. That and the Chechen soldier getting his head cut off with a knife seemed to wind up linked absolutely everywhere.

Seeing the single frame photo's doesn't really bother me, I've been on the internet for a long time.

But the two things that make me a little uneasy feeling are:

The aforementioned head cutting off videos

And

Something that I know for sure was linked here before, possibly even by myself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dnepropetrovsk_maniacs

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I haven't seen those photos either. However I have seen photos of what happens to a man's skull if he stands in front of a jet fighter that's catapulted from an aircraft carrier.

I recommend not seeing those photos.

I'd imagine the skull ceases to be a skull and instead becomes bone fragments.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Blue On Blue posted:

Seeing the single frame photo's doesn't really bother me, I've been on the internet for a long time.

But the two things that make me a little uneasy feeling are:

The aforementioned head cutting off videos

And

Something that I know for sure was linked here before, possibly even by myself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dnepropetrovsk_maniacs

wow sounds like there were multiple snuff films made by these guys? I've only seen the one, are the others out there or are they only in police evidence?

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Caganer posted:

wow sounds like there were multiple snuff films made by these guys? I've only seen the one, are the others out there or are they only in police evidence?

Are you asking for snuff films or

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Kitfox88 posted:

I'd imagine the skull ceases to be a skull and instead becomes bone fragments.

I have seen that one, and it is actually pretty interesting, it basically turns it inside out. It is still mostly in one piece. You can see the upper palate with all the teeth intact, and then somehow that ends up on the outside of the head, really weird stuff.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Secrets of a Lost Girl

Alexandra Valoras showed every outward sign of success and promise, a star at school, beloved at home. She revealed nothing of her inner anguish, except in her diary — a chronicle of scathing self-criticism and growing desperation that her parents chose to share so that other families might learn from their loss.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Caganer posted:

Yeah I have no idea

The one I saw a few seconds of involved a screw driver and someones eye

Ughhhh

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Blue On Blue posted:

Yeah I have no idea

The one I saw a few seconds of involved a screw driver and someones eye

Ughhhh

that's the one i saw too.

i'm more interested in how one got out but others stayed hidden. seems like it should be all or nothing since i assume they get out through public records requests

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Caganer posted:

that's the one i saw too.

i'm more interested in how one got out but others stayed hidden. seems like it should be all or nothing since i assume they get out through public records requests
One got shown uncensored as part of the trial and that's the one that got out. I'm pretty sure the two facts are connected.

It's really stupid of the defense to argue that 'oh it wasn't them' when there's that much video, though.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Pick posted:

I have seen that one, and it is actually pretty interesting, it basically turns it inside out. It is still mostly in one piece. You can see the upper palate with all the teeth intact, and then somehow that ends up on the outside of the head, really weird stuff.

Reminds me of that poor track assistant who got hit at the 1977 South African Grand Prix.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1977_South_African_Grand_Prix posted:

On lap 22, Zorzi pulled off to the left side of the main straight, just after the brow of a hill and a bridge over the track. He was having problems with his fuel metering unit, and fuel was pumping directly onto the engine, which then caught fire. Zorzi did not immediately get out of his car as he could not disconnect the oxygen pipe from his helmet.[nb 1]

The situation caused two marshals from the pit wall on the opposite side of the track to intervene. The first marshal to cross the track was a 25-year-old panel beater named William (Bill). The second was 19-year-old Frederik "Frikkie" Jansen van Vuuren, who was carrying a 40-pound (18 kg) fire extinguisher.[48] George Witt, the chief pit marshal for the race, said that the policy of the circuit was that in cases of fire, two marshals must attend and a further two act as back-up in case the first pair's extinguishers were not effective enough. Witt also recalled that both marshals crossed the track without prior permission.[49] The former narrowly made it across the track, but the latter did not. As the two men started to run across the track, the cars driven by Hans-Joachim Stuck and Pryce came over the brow of a rise in the track.[50]
"As we got to the top I suddenly sensed this marshal running across the track from my right, carrying an extinguisher. I took a big chance and I don't know how I got away with it. There was no time, I just reacted on pure instinct."

Pryce was directly behind Stuck's car along the main straight. Stuck saw Jansen van Vuuren and moved to the right to avoid both marshals, missing Bill by what Tremayne calls "millimetres". From his position Pryce could not see Jansen van Vuuren and was unable to react as quickly as Stuck had done. He struck the teenage marshal at approximately 270 km/h (170 mph).[52] Jansen van Vuuren was thrown into the air and landed in front of Zorzi and Bill. He died on impact, and his body was badly mutilated by Pryce's car.[53] The fire extinguisher he had been carrying smashed into Pryce's head, before striking the Shadow's roll hoop. The force of the impact was such that the extinguisher was thrown up and over the adjacent grandstand. It landed in the car park to the rear of the stand, where it hit a parked car and jammed its door shut.[51]

The impact with the fire extinguisher wrenched Pryce's helmet upward sharply. Death was almost certainly instantaneous. Pryce's Shadow DN8, now with its driver dead at the wheel, continued at speed down the main straight towards the first corner, called Crowthorne. The car left the track to the right, scraping the metal barriers, hitting an entrance for emergency vehicles, and veering back onto the track. It then hit Jacques Laffite's Ligier, sending both Pryce and Laffite head-on into the barriers. Jansen van Vuuren's injuries were so extensive that, initially, his body was identified only after the race director had summoned all of the race marshals and he was not among them.[54]

Sad poo poo.

Kitfox88 has a new favorite as of 04:12 on Jun 28, 2018

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

Reminds me of that poor track assistant who got hit at the 1977 South African Grand Prix.

Sad poo poo.

Jesus. I imagine an impact at that type of speed to a human body .... well that's why they had trouble identifying the body

It was probably more of a mist at that point

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

PetraCore posted:

One got shown uncensored as part of the trial and that's the one that got out. I'm pretty sure the two facts are connected.

It's really stupid of the defense to argue that 'oh it wasn't them' when there's that much video, though.

“Wasn’t me!! Prove it :colbert:” is more of an angle to get a plea than something you use in actual trial. Interesting strategy.

(“That’s an... interesting... idea” is lawyer for “that’s dumb”)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Blue On Blue posted:

Jesus. I imagine an impact at that type of speed to a human body .... well that's why they had trouble identifying the body

The person was prone to embellishments but one of my former managers was telling us about how a small group of kids (one a real big guy; I guess high school lineman size) got hit 50-75 yards away from the store when she was working inside by a speeder and said that it sounded (or maybe felt? both?) like a bomb went off. I had to pass by the memorial every time I used that road so I know it happened, just not the details of it

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Blue On Blue posted:

There’s video of a different incident of a man being hit by an F1 car. It’s difficult to tell if he’s been cut almost in half or if his jumpsuit was bisected and pulled to opposite ends of his body by the force of him cartwheeling 4 times before hitting the ground.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The impaled aircraft carrier head one is one of the only ones I've studied quite a bit because just from an anatomy perspective you're like "wait, the [x] is there??"

It's like the turbine death where everything on the tarmac is just red. It's like... well... get a hose I guess.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

as someone who has been deeply suicidally depressed, those journal excerpts are... incredibly relatable :negative:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pick posted:

The impaled aircraft carrier head one is one of the only ones I've studied quite a bit because just from an anatomy perspective you're like "wait, the [x] is there??"

It's like the turbine death where everything on the tarmac is just red. It's like... well... get a hose I guess.

Never saw that one before. Helmet seems to be in good shape still.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

as someone who has been deeply suicidally depressed, those journal excerpts are... incredibly relatable :negative:

quote:

. . . If anything, I’m lucky. I’m privileged and really smart and I have great parents and I don’t have mental health problems and I live in an open-minded household. I should shut up.

Oof.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Looove this article but I really think that you should put a content warning on that. I'm accurately medicated with no signs of depression now but if I had read this a year ago this could very well have triggered something terrible.
This one really got to me. I've had a lot of trauma in my life but I knew that it wasn't why I was feeling the way I did. Yeah it probably made it worse but drat is it just an infection of the mind. Wiggling, terrifying worms that just keep digging deeper. And then you constantly hear people talk about how people should just suck it up and feel positive because you're not like a kid in a 3rd world country or something. After I got diagnosed with bipolar the people who had been chastising me for attempting/thinking about suicide and that I just really wanted to be "sad" totally got that I was "out of control" when I was manic. Eeeh dude. Every time I tried to commit suicide I was manic/wrongly medicated because then I had the energy to actually go through with the horrible things I was thinking. It literally has the same hold over my brain but with different results. People don't get depression because everyone has been sad and that's what they think it is.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I totally understand the feeling and have had similar issues on and off but it seemed like he described it accurately enough in the link description to me

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Aesop Poprock posted:

I totally understand the feeling and have had similar issues on and off but it seemed like he described it accurately enough in the link description to me
An intriguing and enticing description isn't really a good disclaimer for this sort of thing but it's just how I know I would personally feel and I know that I'm just being sensitive. :kiddo:

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Sarcopenia posted:

Looove this article but I really think that you should put a content warning on that. I'm accurately medicated with no signs of depression now but if I had read this a year ago this could very well have triggered something terrible.

This one really got to me. I've had a lot of trauma in my life but I knew that it wasn't why I was feeling the way I did. Yeah it probably made it worse but drat is it just an infection of the mind. Wiggling, terrifying worms that just keep digging deeper. And then you constantly hear people talk about how people should just suck it up and feel positive because you're not like a kid in a 3rd world country or something. After I got diagnosed with bipolar the people who had been chastising me for attempting/thinking about suicide and that I just really wanted to be "sad" totally got that I was "out of control" when I was manic. Eeeh dude. Every time I tried to commit suicide I was manic/wrongly medicated because then I had the energy to actually go through with the horrible things I was thinking. It literally has the same hold over my brain but with different results. People don't get depression because everyone has been sad and that's what they think it is.

People who talk like this have obviously never dealt with depression. I'm not talking about they've never been sad or crushed or disappointed, I mean they've never had to deal with real depression.

This is like telling somebody in a wheelchair to get up off their lazy rear end and walk.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MightyJoe36 posted:

People who talk like this have obviously never dealt with depression. I'm not talking about they've never been sad or crushed or disappointed, I mean they've never had to deal with real depression.

This is like telling somebody in a wheelchair to get up off their lazy rear end and walk.

Brain poo poo is hard for people to understand.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

MightyJoe36 posted:

That's exactly my point. I don't know how many times I've tried to explain to people that for example, that time when someone close to you died is not the same thing. It always seems like they feel like it is a slap to their face. As if I'm diminishing the pain they've felt due to things that have happened to them. "I felt a huge loss and I got through it without being a sad sack.". I could have gotten a million dollars tomorrow and be promised world peace but it wouldn't have changed the fact that in my mind I was a worthless sack of poo poo that people would be way better off not having in their lives because I'm a big fakey faker who is draining the life out of everyone around me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sarcopenia posted:

That's exactly my point. I don't know how many times I've tried to explain to people that for example, that time when someone close to you died is not the same thing. It always seems like they feel like it is a slap to their face. As if I'm diminishing the pain they've felt due to things that have happened to them. "I felt a huge loss and I got through it without being a sad sack.". I could have gotten a million dollars tomorrow and be promised world peace but it wouldn't have changed the fact that in my mind I was a worthless sack of poo poo that people would be way better off not having in their lives because I'm a big fakey faker who is draining the life out of everyone around me.

You’d think Anthony Bourdain, Robin Williams, etc etc etc should be enough of a hint to people about that but nope