Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Colostomy Bag posted:

Great design for a bar.

Who the gently caress techno-recluse who has never sat at a bar designed this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Green Toast bear is best bear

Potato Salad posted:

Hello, human? Drink with me at this bar, which is so named for its level surface and appearance which resembles A Bar, Question Mark

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Potato Salad posted:

…and who brings and still wears their enclosed helmet to a drinking establishment?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Tippis posted:

…and who brings and still wears their enclosed helmet to a drinking establishment?

No you see this is the Hotline Miami crossover.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Potato Salad posted:

There are so many drat things wrong in that pic.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

:five:

this thread is good again

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Neltharak posted:

:five:

this thread is good again

It's bearable

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

:five: I'm so happy to be alive and itt

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Dolphins rape people. Why do you love these horrible rape-fish?

#notalldolphins

And it’s fairly obvious that people are singling out Dolphins and producing false flag to make Dolphins look bad, because no Dolphin that *I* know would force themselves on a human. Derek Smart notably hates Dolphins and his game is poo poo.

Hav fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jun 28, 2018

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

SpaceHumanCentipede

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

lmao, this "game" never disappoints in laughs with its own set of disappointments.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

A Huffington Post

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Colostomy Bag posted:

Great design for a bar.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Colostomy Bag posted:

Great design for a bar.

Ah gently caress, this is so good.

The distance, the dangling feet, the helmet, the slumped shoulders.

This is a forelorn space child, world weary, ending his day, escaping from the docks where he’s been space unloading an Idris for hours. He’s snuck into the space bar and somehow managed to fool the space bartender, but for some reason the victory feels hollow. Is this all there is? He’s space alone with his space drink and he’s just realized that everyone space dies alone too. He thought he’d have his first space adult space experience but instead he’s having his first space existential crisis.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Colostomy Bag posted:

Great design for a bar.

George: Look at this Jerry! I never believed I would be in a space bar. I've always wanted to be in a space bar some day. Ever since I was a little boy, I've always wanted to be in one of these. Floating through space, sipping a drink. It's amazing Jerry!

Jerry: It is nice, the lighting is very futuristic.

George: Barkeep! Barkeep! We'll have 2 of your best space drinks!

Bartender: That feature isn't implemented yet, you just have to imagine the unique combination of alcohols from different systems.

George: Imagine it? What do you mean imagine it?

Bartender: It's a great feature, it's going to be a wonderful minigame, the possibilities are endless with the amount of combinations of drinks you can make!

Jerry: Sounds like you can't make any combinations.

*Laugh Track*

Bartender: Well this feature is one of a kind!

Jerry: I think it's none-of-a-kind!

*Loud laugh track*

George: Well we can still enjoy the view, look how sleek everything is, we'll have some water.

Jerry: *sighs* alright, let's go sit down.

*George sits down, tries to lean back, falls over backwards*

*Intense laugh track*

*Seinfeld Music Plays as they cut to Kramer flying a ship he and Elaine stole accidentally before the commercial*

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

doingitwrong posted:

Ah gently caress, this is so good.

The distance, the dangling feet, the helmet, the slumped shoulders.

This is a forelorn space child, world weary, ending his day, escaping from the docks where he’s been space unloading an Idris for hours. He’s snuck into the space bar and somehow managed to fool the space bartender, but for some reason the victory feels hollow. Is this all there is? He’s space alone with his space drink and he’s just realized that everyone space dies alone too. He thought he’d have his first space adult space experience but instead he’s having his first space existential crisis.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ooops....

https://www.gobankingrates.com/making-money/business/biggest-crowdfunding-scams-failures/#16

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Either these dopes are married for their money, or not married at all. No rational man is going to lose his rational spouse yet have spent $27k on pictures of spaceships. At least I really loving hope so. Maybe there's some enterprising child out there who is no longer going to college though. That's a funny thought.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Scruffyhawk posted:

"Recently I've been working on scrap piles"

Probably just a code word for trying to recycle all the Wing Commander junk Ben bought with his crowdfunded money.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Bofast posted:

Probably just a code word for trying to recycle all the Wing Commander junk Ben bought with his crowdfunded money.

He's working on Star Citizen. It's probably not a code word; it seems very literal.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:five: :perfect:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
My favorite part is how in space you kind of hover 3 inches above your seat.

Maybe this is what they interpreted "edge of your seat gameplay" to mean?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Potato Salad posted:

Pretty sure anyone who has ever been to any other kind of company which serves food, or seen almost any one movie or TV show ever made or even just played some old videogames should be able to design a better bar than this.

Star Citizen - forever lowering the bar

Bofast fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 28, 2018

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Hahaha looks like the scaling issues are back. Love that his feet don't even touch the floor.

Enjoy your complete ground-up rework as soon as Crobberts sees this, 600i owners!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Paramemetic posted:

Maybe this is what they interpreted "edge of your seat gameplay" to mean?

How else are you going to reach the procedurally generated food, which is also hovering 3 inches above the table?

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

Tippis posted:

Well it's either that a grain of sand got into one of the 424,242 articulating pieces of the helmet and jammed it or that this project is a scam.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Paramemetic posted:

I like the physical distance between the seat and the bar.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8ugjh7/does_anyone_else_feel_like_theyve_been_brought/

:allears:

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

Sarsapariller posted:

Hahaha looks like the scaling issues are back. Love that his feet don't even touch the floor.

Enjoy your complete ground-up rework as soon as Crobberts sees this, 600i owners!

Could be a design consideration--"any area with a seat animation needs a minimum of one person width to avoid clipping through objects" or whatever.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

This is pathological. This is a mental illness. It's nothing more than rote recitation of the articles of faith because what they see in front of them doesn't fit what they believe. They might as well just set aside an hour a week for the litany so that they can at least pretend to live normal lives the rest of the time.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Scruffpuff posted:

This is pathological. This is a mental illness. It's nothing more than rote recitation of the articles of faith because what they see in front of them doesn't fit what they believe. They might as well just set aside an hour a week for the litany so that they can at least pretend to live normal lives the rest of the time.

I mean, alternatively the poster could be a giant space monster who's favorite food actually is planets and moons.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Lucy isn't going to pull the football away this time. I just know it!

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

big nipples big life posted:

Lucy isn't going to pull the football away this time. I just know it!

Pretty much, except Charlie Backer is paying for the privilege of trying to kick the football.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
We're going to have an entire planet in our space game!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Viscous Soda posted:

Charlie Backer

I love this, it's so perfectly descriptive and succinct.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Viscous Soda posted:

Pretty much, except Charlie Backer is paying for the privilege of trying to kick the football.

And the ball is just a giant dogshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Hav posted:

I like the physical distance between the seat and the bar.

I also like the part where the seat is like a giant piece of furniture built into the floor on a panel that is 6x6 feet because instead of a normal piece of furniture with such as 4 legs, they need to have this ridiculous thing.

God there's just so much right about it.