Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
He should study Peter thiel for the role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Jared Leto is the worst. Also, what's the deal with making all these Marvel Spidey connected movies at Sony all of a sudden?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Ah, Morbius, the "Living" Vampire who hosed people up by sucking out all their plasma.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A dude with pulsating lamprey mouths on his palms could legit rank as one of the creepiest movie villains. But if this is his movie then I guess they'll want to sex him up.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lobok posted:

A dude with pulsating lamprey mouths on his palms could legit rank as one of the creepiest movie villains. But if this is his movie then I guess they'll want to sex him up.

I think they actually did that for the 90s Spider-Man cartoon because having him bite people would be too scary and violent.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The MSJ posted:

I think they actually did that for the 90s Spider-Man cartoon because having him bite people would be too scary and violent.

I think they did it way back when he was created due to the comics code not allowing undead

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The MSJ posted:

That's what I mean, yeah. But they weren't full on lamprey mouths. More like tentacle suckers.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I think they did it way back when he was created due to the comics code not allowing undead

The hand suckers were for the cartoon, but the "living" vampire thing was probably for that reason.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The MSJ posted:

The hand suckers were for the cartoon, but the "living" vampire thing was probably for that reason.

Yes, "living" vampires and "zuvumbies" because the undead were banned from comics.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yes, "living" vampires and "zuvumbies" because the undead were banned from comics.

And as soon as the Code was amended to allow vampires, Marvel came out with Tomb of Dracula.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I liked Morbius because he was part of the Midnight Sons collection of books that launched in the early 90s and horror comics were totally young me's jam. When Danny Ketch got his throat torn out I thought "EDGY!".

Though there was legit dark moment in Spirits of Vengeance when a demon who had been living as a regular dude with s family gets called back into action so he murders his wife and kids and skins them.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Speaking of Frank Miller, he's finally releasing his 300 prequel comic Xerxes, whose script was allegedly the basis for the 300 sequel a few years ago. The third of five issues just came out and the whole thing is just bizarre even by Miller standards. Plotwise it's just a dozen or so barely-connected vignettes (only one of which actually has any comparison in the movie) and while visually he ramps up the racism by a factor of ten the plot at least doesn't seem to have as much of it. It does make up for it by tiptoeing into anti-semitism and transphobia.

I'd place it as his second least-offensive work done post-9/11, the other being Dark Knight III which he seemingly didn't actually as big an involvement in.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Lobok posted:

And as soon as the Code was amended to allow vampires, Marvel came out with Tomb of Dracula.

The best of the Marvel Horror comics, by far. Well, Man Thing was good too.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

It's anime adaptation was also ace

For very different reasons

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dracula, written by Wolfman.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Chairman Capone posted:

Speaking of Frank Miller, he's finally releasing his 300 prequel comic Xerxes, whose script was allegedly the basis for the 300 sequel a few years ago. The third of five issues just came out and the whole thing is just bizarre even by Miller standards. Plotwise it's just a dozen or so barely-connected vignettes (only one of which actually has any comparison in the movie) and while visually he ramps up the racism by a factor of ten the plot at least doesn't seem to have as much of it. It does make up for it by tiptoeing into anti-semitism and transphobia.

I'd place it as his second least-offensive work done post-9/11, the other being Dark Knight III which he seemingly didn't actually as big an involvement in.

I haven't read any of them but it's hard to imagine Dark Knight 3 being worse than Holy Terror.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Pirate Jet posted:

I haven't read any of them but it's hard to imagine Dark Knight 3 being worse than Holy Terror.

Yeah remember Holy Terror was originally going to BE a Batman comic but it was too racist.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Diabetic posted:

Jared Leto is the worst. Also, what's the deal with making all these Marvel Spidey connected movies at Sony all of a sudden?

They want in on the Marvel extended universe, and their only in is the stake in Spider-Man. So they're going to milk it for all it's worth.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The first modern interpretation of Robin in live action is a bit underwhelming

https://twitter.com/lacovachamx/status/1012353114739957760

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
That sure is a Robin costume with a lot of texture and details.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Just do Boy Wonder again.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean

It at least doesn't look as bad as the Arrow and Flash suits

It also isn't as funny as them either so lose lose

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm not sure that isn't an action figure

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Is it even a Robin costume if there's no obvious penile restraint?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Honestly I want Marvel and DC to drop all this live action bullshit. All these movies are 90% green screen anyway, just go all the way and make the whole thing CGI.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

NTRabbit posted:

Is it even a Robin costume if there's no obvious penile restraint?

Dick never stays restrained for long.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Honestly I want Marvel and DC to drop all this live action bullshit. All these movies are 90% green screen anyway, just go all the way and make the whole thing CGI.

BUT CARTOONS AREN'T FOR ADULTS AND CAN'T BE DONE FOR MATURE AUIDNECE DUM DE DUM DE DUM AVENGERS CERTAIN

loving

Animated programs are not seen as sophisticated compared to live action. This has always been the case in America.

Even with all of the shows going against that.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
The Marvel Movies are designed for six year olds let's not kid here

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Burkion posted:

BUT CARTOONS AREN'T FOR ADULTS AND CAN'T BE DONE FOR MATURE AUIDNECE DUM DE DUM DE DUM AVENGERS CERTAIN

loving

Animated programs are not seen as sophisticated compared to live action. This has always been the case in America.

Even with all of the shows going against that.

I mean the super realistic looking CG like in the new Resident Evil movies or Injustice 2.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I mean the super realistic looking CG like in the new Resident Evil movies or Injustice 2.

I know what you mean

I'm still saying that there is a bias against those kinds of movies in media for whatever stupid reason.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Maybe that new CG Spider-man movie will turn some heads. There's poo poo going on in there that you just could not do in live action.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Maybe that new CG Spider-man movie will turn some heads. There's poo poo going on in there that you just could not do in live action.
Are you referring to Into the Spider-Verse? I'm not seeing anything in the trailer that hasn't been done or can't be done in a live action movie - they use CG in live-action movies just like they do in Spider-Verse.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

This caused me to have flashbacks to Simone with Al Pacino and how he had “the perfect actress” who was virtual crawl through the mud in a farm with pigs and it was art, he could have her do whatever cause it was about the performance or some poo poo. But he was a character with his head up his rear end.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

They will as soon as the faces don't look so bad. Just a matter of time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Halloween Jack posted:

That sure is a Robin costume with a lot of texture and details.

At least it doesn't look like corduroy like the BvS Batman suit.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Davros1 posted:

At least it doesn't look like corduroy like the BvS Batman suit.

I think it looks more like duct tape

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm very glad that Jared Leto didn't get the desperate attention he was seeking for a Joker movie and instead got condemned to a lovely Spider-Man spinoff.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
He is also going to be in the solo Joker movie, as he should be.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Incredibles 2 was easily the best super hero movie I've seen in years, so I agree. It's not even about doing stuff you couldn't do, because there's always CG, but full animation can seamlessly match the aesthetic of an action scene to the rest of the movie without the typical "start with a close up on A-list actors face, cut to stunt double in a wig doing a spin kick, cut to wirework bad guy being pulled away from kick, cut to CG dude doing something".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Counterpoint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqt-qOGblDQ&t=95s