Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I have no problem imagining a world where he’s stuck on an island, essentially alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol he wouldn't even be able to get along with ONE other person

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gee you think it's a coincidence he picked the Nazi physicist as a screen name

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zoux posted:

Gee you think it's a coincidence he picked the Nazi physicist as a screen name

99% sure he got it from Breaking Bad.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Data Graham posted:

Tired: authentic Italian food
Wired: authentic Italian-American food

She was born in Italy and came here in her 20s.

Besesoth posted:

Some major Italian chefs got snotty ~10 years ago about how garlic is "lower-class" and "real Italians" should be above its use, and since then there's been a continuing debate between Italians who love their garlic and Italians who secretly want to be French.

This makes sense.

Trig Discipline posted:

If it's the video I'm thinking of, the problem was that they were putting garlic in carbonara. Which may taste fine, but is definitely not traditional. I gather that Italian chefs see carbonara as interesting specifically because it has a very limited and fixed ingredient list, and putting anything else in there smacks of missing the point entirely.

This also makes sense. Carbonara didn’t happen often in our house.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Trig Discipline posted:

If it's the video I'm thinking of, the problem was that they were putting garlic in carbonara. Which may taste fine, but is definitely not traditional. I gather that Italian chefs see carbonara as interesting specifically because it has a very limited and fixed ingredient list, and putting anything else in there smacks of missing the point entirely.
Yes It was exactly that. They didn't hate garlic or anything, just felt that it doesn't go into every single pasta dish and were noticing how Americans use the presence of a lot of garlic as a signifier of 'Italian Food'.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
The most amazing thing about being part of a mommy facebook group is learning how many people believe in ghosts, psychics, shamans, and exocisms.

(This goes on for 100 more posts)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That’s something right there. Can’t say I’ve ever seen that in father groups.

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

Something about being a stay at home mom in the midwest makes you cooky as all hell

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Lol "she doesn't watch anything scary but she does watch Disney." Lady have you seen how creepy Disney is to the imagination of a kid?

God that's a huge list of people that shouldn't be raising kids.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

Bath Tubs posted:

Something about being a stay at home mom in the midwest makes you cooky as all hell

It's not just the midwest. Most of these moms are in Los Angeles. Toddlers are weird. Maybe spending too much time alone with them drives people a little crazy. Mine is suddenly terrified of the lemon tree outside his window. I'm not calling a shaman, though. I just close the curtains and put him to bed.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Staryberry posted:

It's not just the midwest. Most of these moms are in Los Angeles. Toddlers are weird. Maybe spending too much time alone with them drives people a little crazy. Mine is suddenly terrified of the lemon tree outside his window. I'm not calling a shaman, though. I just close the curtains and put him to bed.

Make him lemonade, teach him to drink the blood of his enemies.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
"My kid is scared of something, she must be able to see ghosts like me" Well that sure is an odd reaction to a normal situation.

I've wondered what kind of things end up freaking kids out like that early on. My parents had this big framed picture of a cat on our living room wall and I used to have nightmares of the cat crawling out of the picture to come get me like it was from the ring. Then if I ran into the room opposite of that wall it would start pushing through the wall morphing it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

small bird pudding posted:

Make him lemonade, teach him to drink the blood of his enemies.

:black101:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Do you think the ghost-believing-in moms also believe that vaccines cause autism

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackSmithIV/status/1012479399155904512

What a shame.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

"This idiot who wants attention isn't getting as much as he used to, so let's go ahead and give it to him"

When literally what they're looking for is an audience will people please stop giving it to them

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Doesnt brazil have a different history with the rebel flag? I remember reading about it but i cant find it in google. Like they have a special holiday about it
nm i didnt scroll down far enough

snergle has a new favorite as of 01:11 on Jun 29, 2018

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Scathach posted:

Lol "she doesn't watch anything scary but she does watch Disney." Lady have you seen how creepy Disney is to the imagination of a kid?

God that's a huge list of people that shouldn't be raising kids.

Are you saying kids shouldn’t be allowed to watch Disney movies?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

oldpainless posted:

Are you saying kids shouldn’t be allowed to watch Disney movies?

Nobody should watch Disney movies because Disney is awful and exploitative

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Garrand posted:

Don’t worry, I’m on it.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Garrand posted:

My daughter would murder me if a week went by without Moana.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Staryberry posted:

The most amazing thing about being part of a mommy facebook group is learning how many people believe in ghosts, psychics, shamans, and exocisms.

(This goes on for 100 more posts)

Kid: Mommy, there is a monster under my bed.
Mom: Guess it's time to burn down the house and move to another state. Again.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

oldpainless posted:

Don’t worry, I’m on it.

more like oldpaintedcelless

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
https://twitter.com/calebecarma/status/1012438205554221056

Madkal posted:

Kid: Mommy, there is a monster under my bed.
Mom: Guess it's time to burn down the house and move to another state. Again.

Mom on facebook: "Is my daughter's bed built on top of a burial ground?"

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Ominous theramin

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jeeezus that's a prime crop right there

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

sneakyfrog posted:

Ominous theramin

Hehehe

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I thought we permabanned Jastiger?

I dont think the music and mythology the south produces is good. I dont want to reenact shermans march to the sea theres a difference.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

sneakyfrog posted:

Ominous theramin

I really need to remember this as a reaction.

quote:

I wonder how many of these kinds of messages are just teens getting drunk on their parents' vodka? They sound a lot like the kind of stream-of-consciousness word salad that a drunk person makes up.

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 02:24 on Jun 29, 2018

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016

I want this guy on my friends list.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

he deleted it lol

Wrath of Mordark
Jul 25, 2006

Foster liked his brand new wand!
Fun Shoe

That was a great setup, dude just couldn't appreciate it.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Tip Shades posted:

I want this guy on my friends list.

:same:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Wrath of Mordark posted:

That was a great setup, dude just couldn't appreciate it.

I hope one day to get the chance to do it. It's so simple yet effective.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Resident Idiot posted:

The perils of moderating Hi and Lois:

http://comicskingdom.com/hi-and-lois/2018-06-28

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

snergle posted:

I dont think the music and mythology the south produces is good. I dont want to reenact shermans march to the sea theres a difference.

Tbf, I'm from the south and I don't think the music is all that great. I guess bluegrass has its songs, but there isn't much else I'm into from the area.

And poo poo, I don't know anything about the mythology, really. Do we have cryptids I don't know about or something? I would like to know if we do!

E: spelling.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

snergle posted:

Good thing I don't care about your opinion then! The South isn't "the Confederacy", and there is a lot of ignorance in thinking that.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The Sword is from the south and they rule. I rest my case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Racism but also peach cobbler.