Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Synthbuttrange posted:

wish we had trams like this

according to one of my contacts the new Sydney trams will kill people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Succcc

Bill Shorten will be asked to reverse company tax cuts decision by some me members of shadow cabinet

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-29/bill-shorten-will-be-asked-to-reverse-company-tax-cuts-decision/9923246

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
DEATH WATCH

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Birdstrike posted:

according to one of my contacts the new Sydney trams will kill people

Anidav posted:

DEATH WATCH

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Anidav posted:

So I noticed every article today about Bill Shorten has this little coloured subtitle

And they say our manufacturing industry is dying.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
And continuing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqP61lGsXOM

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-28/witness-k-and-bernard-collaery-charged-intelligence-act-breach/9919268

"We will continue to rigorously protect whistle blowers and defend the conventions of privileged council", Bleats the LNP to anyone who is still credulous enough to believe them. Oh and "Freeze Peach!"*

-/-

The RC on banking is about done with the farm sector and next up is indigenous relations. I don't think we've quite gotten to the worst of it.

* This is absolutely outrageous and belongs in Maoist China not a Western Democracy.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

There's a 110 page thread on whirlpool about the plastic bag ban.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Synthbuttrange posted:

wish we had trams like this

That's metal as.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
BLAINE THE TRAM

SEE YOU LATER ALLIGATOR

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

GoldStandardConure posted:

BLAINE THE TRAM

SEE YOU LATER ALLIGATOR

TIME TO GET OUT FROM UNDER MY WHEELS LIL TRAILHAND

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Pretty much this.

Now I'm going to look up the thread because I can't look away, people raging about it is just too funny.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Everyone I work with has been complaining about the ban on plastic bags like the giant piss babies they are.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

DEATH WATCH

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I reorganised my life around the plastic bag issue within a minute. I should write a book about dealing with the bag ban and make some money.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
without plastic bags though, how are we to suffocate the capitalists?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

I reorganised my life around the plastic bag issue within a minute. I should write a book about dealing with the bag ban and make some money.

Step 1: take your last remaining precious plastic bags and wrap them over your head.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Australia is sleepwalking to deindustrialisation warns Tony Abbott

quote:

Tony Abbott says he fears Australia is “sleepwalking toward its deindustrialisation” as he criticised the Prime Minister for sending mixed messages to business with company tax cuts and the push for a National Energy Guarantee.
Speaking with Alan Jones on 2GB radio, the former PM said business has been “gaming the system” of energy but he doesn’t blame them.
“If there are subsidies for renewable energy they will go and take them,” he said.
“The only guarantee as I read it (in the NEG design) is that emissions will come down. There are a few pages on prices and a few pages on boosting reliability and then we have page after impenetrable page of the most appalling prose you’ll ever read.
“Now I don’t mind reducing emissions but not if it jeopardises your economic future. I don’t thank our children will thank us if we damage their future in order to make the world a bit colder for them.”

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I bet all these loving cry babies drive to the shops and can't wrap their head around simply putting a few canvas bags in their vehicle.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

I bet all these loving cry babies drive to the shops and can't wrap their head around simply putting a few canvas bags in their vehicle.

I forget my reusable bags all the time, but thats because I am a barely functional trainwreck of a person, and it isn't the plastic bag bans fault.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

When I was on the road a lot for work plastic bags were a god send when I couldn't find a toilet.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

JBP posted:

The type of people who cant handle the bag ban are not people who buy and read books.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Laserface posted:

The type of people who cant handle the bag ban are not people who buy and read books.

If I put a stock image of Howard on the cover it would prove you to be extremely wrong.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Andrew blots 51 useful bag tips

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Just get a spot on Sunrise to flog your new book.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

quote:

“Now I don’t mind reducing emissions but not if it jeopardises your economic future. I don’t thank our children will thank us if we damage their future in order to make the world a bit colder for them.”

Interesting, seems that Abbott is shifting into "yes human influenced climate change is real, but gently caress it".

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Beetphyxious posted:

When I was on the road a lot for work plastic bags were a god send when I couldn't find a toilet.
just poo poo in the bush, it's what the lord intended

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

avshalemon posted:

just poo poo in the bush, it's what the lord intended
It's alright I forgive him.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

The real big-dicked alpha move is the carry your week’s worth of groceries in your arms in a big teetering pile, as God intended

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Brown Paper Bag posted:

The real big-dicked alpha move is the carry your week’s worth of groceries in your arms in a big teetering pile, as God intended

Post/username combo

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

They were offering boxes in Woollies, why yes this bag on my back is for nerd things and not groceries.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Looking forward to seeing people walking around carrying groceries in big baskets on their heads, like they do in parts of Africa

This is why are children need to be taught are culture in schools

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bill Shorten has backed down

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Anidav posted:

Bill Shorten has backed down

Change from within winning again

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Weird how the pressure came from Albo and not Bowen.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I have never been more embarrassed to be an Australian. Even the cronulla riots weren't this embarrassing.

quote:

Since phasing out single-use plastic bags from our stores on 20th June, we’ve been listening to your comments and learned that remembering reusable bags every time you shop isn’t easy.

To give a little extra help during this change to a greener and more sustainable way of shopping, from now until 8th July we’ll offer complimentary reusable bags for your shopping.

We thank those who’ve made this change and come on the journey with us, and this short-term offer is available to help those who are caught short at the checkout in these early stages. This will also ensure you’ll have reusable bags on hand for your future shops with us.

Details:
- What: Complimentary reusable bags for your shopping
- Which: 15c reusable bags
- When: 29th June – 8th July
- Where: In all Woolworths stores and for Pick up orders
- States: NSW, WA, VIC, QLD
- Why certain states: Prior to June 20th, all other states and territories were already single-use plastic bag free and have become more familiar with this new and greener way of shopping.

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jun 29, 2018

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
I want those garlic bread chips but Woolies don't have em

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

the packet was crinkled in a photo i saw and i thought it said garlic breath chips

which is still sorta accurate

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

On my quick visit to Woolies this morning I saw a number of customers grabbing bundles of bags from stands placed near the checkouts, there would have been about 10 in a bundle.

Staff were actually laughing while watching them.

There was no attempt to police how many or what style of bags were being taken as there were several different designs and colours available.

I expect to see them on sale on eBay soon ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

For woolies, this is about making money, but the legislation isn't bad. It's a very confusing time.