Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

gently caress you mcnally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
So a friend of mine never played a skill based mmo before and didn't get the idea of a classless system.

Some how we all got onto project gorgon, a 2 person game that feels more like runescape or eq1. It is pretty much an old mud with some visual poo poo. It looks bad, plays bad, but oh boy does it have some weird poo poo about it.

If you transform into an animal, you might be stuck in that form for a long time but it gives you new powers. It also may gently caress up anything you type.

That is a werewolf that has random words replaced by howl.

A friend is a spider and he just randomly says eeeeeeeee constantly.

People can craft cheese or beer, but you have to get the materials and put it in a cave and let it age properly. If you put a cask of beer in town, anyone can drink from it, it slurs their speech, and it might kill them. You can die of alcohol poisoning.

It has a lot of dumb neat quirks, but looks and runs like poo poo and is over priced for what it is. But god drat are we enjoying it.

The first boss in the game has a big head. Every boss you die to, will curse you until you kill that boss. That guy makes your head big, literally, you gain more mana, and you can't wear head gear.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 24, 2018

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

gently caress you mcnally

I was drunk and laughing so hard I almost puked.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
State of Decay 2 is real good so far. I had to reinstall the Windows 10 Xbox app, because Microsoft. But whatever.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

I played Asheron’s Call back in High School with a few guys from my freshmen biology class. It’s maybe one of 3 or 4 MMOs I’ve ever tried (I’m a no brain shooter guy) but the only one I enjoyed. Two of those guys go on and on about Project Gorgon being the best thing ever. I’ve never tried it because I only liked PVP in AC and just went around murdering PKs in dungeons my guild ran. It does seem crazy interesting if I had the time or patience though, jank aside.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's good to see that hubris is still the leading cause of death in State of Decay. I lost my best character/leader because I did a supply run at night alone with 75% injuries. Ran over a bloater and that was that.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Battletech is pretty good, I just wish they did a better job explaining the UI. The tutorial is good for showing you how to move around and not much else.

I've been playing games on my switch a lot more recently. Splatoon finally clicked for me and I bought Minecraft :spergin: since I've never owned a legit copy before and the idea of playing while my fiance and I drive to the Outer Banks this weekend seems fun.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
All sorts of people are Real Mad that the latest Overwatch hero is a genetically-modified sentient hamster in a battle mech.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I thought I saw some poo poo about that on Facebook

Am I missing something or nerds gonna nerd

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Overwatch is a Serious Game about The Horrors of War. That's why it stars a robot tank which achieved sentience after a bird build a nest on its head, another sentient robot built by a 10 year old African child prodigy, a cyborg cowboy, and a talking gorilla scientist from the Moon. What about this doesn't spell gritty war drama to you?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Handsome Ralph posted:

I bought Minecraft :spergin: since I've never owned a legit copy before and the idea of playing while my fiance and I drive to the Outer Banks this weekend seems fun.

Speaking of Summit may be bringing keepcraft V3.0 back in a few months. Its a pretty fun goon mod where you build a castle and the other team trys to dynamite it (but obviously with a ton of balance rules). We probably had 60 or so goons playing it at its peak. Only way i've enjoyed playing minecraft since 2014ish

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I play a ton of Overwatch and I'm completely down for this new character.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Well incel nerds nerding are currently trying to start a splinter SCP site over the gay pride month logo, and I guess an article about an alien SCP that maintains a tumblr blog.

Serious idiocy.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Handsome Ralph posted:

I play a ton of Overwatch and I'm completely down for this new character.

yeah I don't play OW but I know a lot of people that do and all of them are 100% ready to go murderballing around as the hamster.

"Hardcore gamers" are the worst.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Overwatch is a Serious Game about The Horrors of War. That's why it stars a robot tank which achieved sentience after a bird build a nest on its head, another sentient robot built by a 10 year old African child prodigy, a cyborg cowboy, and a talking gorilla scientist from the Moon. What about this doesn't spell gritty war drama to you?

gently caress I always forget Overwatch actually has lore behind it

I mean all the characters are ridiculous: that’s sort of the point? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
hero shooters are dumb as gently caress

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
When I play shooters, I'm the hero :smug:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Overwatch is you playing a superhero comic.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i like factorio, the cool game about fixing climate change with guns

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

gently caress I always forget Overwatch actually has lore behind it

I mean all the characters are ridiculous: that’s sort of the point? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's the fun part, and I mean if you're playing Overwatch looking for a super serious story, you're loving dumb as hell. It's Pixar the shooter, and I'm completely fine with that.

Also, I could give a gently caress what the story is, it's fun to play with my fiance and friends and that's all we care about.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

tf2 has a story but im preoccupied with shooting dudes in the face with rockets

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Doom had a story but beyond hell monsters I don’t know what it is.

Best FPS in a long time but they really tried to shoehorn a story in at some points and I would usually just go on my phone during those scenes.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They thankfully make a lot of the story skippable other than that meeting with Giant Robot Man so you can get to murdering demons quicker. There's not a lot of story to gather anyways. "Man tries to harness power of hell, hell invades mars"

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
They changed the thematic direction late in the game's development so you still had some of the exposition parts in. They hopefully have that stuff completely gone or optional in Doom Eternal.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

I liked the part early in where dude tries to go all exposition dump on doom guy and DG just rips the comm panel off the elevator and smashes it.

That was real good use of character and plot.

Hi, I'm one of the villains and here's why I'm right *DG smash* *flips bird*

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The angriest man on mars has no time for backstory. *throws monitor across the room*

also :hellyeah:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW6X1TFRvI0

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 29, 2018

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I enjoyed a lot of the exposition because I felt like it added a bit of "huh these idiots actually think something is going to happen other than RIP AND TEAR lol"

Olivia going on and on and DOOMGUY just impatiently tapping his foot

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Doom’s Korax entries and demon voice overs owned.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Handsome Ralph posted:

Also, I could give a gently caress what the story is, it's fun to play with my fiance and friends and that's all we care about.

Yeah this. People have some weird reservations on what games they dislike because reasons.

I haven’t played in a while but it’s pretty fun 🤷🏽‍♀️

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
yeah I never really get into stories much of online multiplayer shooters or arcade fighting games stories because like seriously

edit: like apparently pubg has lore??? To be fair though I don't think most of anyone ever pretended to give a poo poo about that.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Doom’s Korax entries and demon voice overs owned.

Yeah those are pretty much the best "story" bits in Doom aside from the times DOOMGUY just says gently caress it gently caress you gently caress your plans gently caress your life RIP AND TEAR

Edit: also I have no idea why my phone autocorrects DOOMGUY to be all caps but it seems appropriate so

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
However, the novelization of the smash hit game "Blaster Master" for the Nintendo Entertainment System is probably one of the finest stories written.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Hang on, searching for Smash Bros. fanfics

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

the best smash bros fanfic is the one where they think they don't smell horribly despite every sort of fighting tournament with smash bros there putting out public messages for them to bathe

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Third World Reggin posted:

the best smash bros fanfic is the one where they think they don't smell horribly despite every sort of fighting tournament with smash bros there putting out public messages for them to bathe

Its a hideous smell

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I hope none of you in here have kids that like star fox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXEG6-erazE

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

boop the snoot posted:

Doom had a story but beyond hell monsters I don’t know what it is.

Best FPS in a long time but they really tried to shoehorn a story in at some points and I would usually just go on my phone during those scenes.

DOOM SLAYER (all caps, always) decided to live forever cause it meant he got to keep ripping and tearing huge guts and demons are all oh jeez throw him in this big rear end coffin and eggheads found it and demons are everywhere and DOOM SLAYER is pissed off time 2 rip and tear

Slim Pickens posted:

The angriest man on mars has no time for backstory. *throws monitor across the room*

also :hellyeah:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW6X1TFRvI0

GOTTA GO FAST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72S2aAxtZOs&t=21s

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
So I've never asked the question "what if my full time job was Doom and meth" but I guess I have the answer now

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Third World Reggin posted:

I hope none of you in here have kids that like star fox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXEG6-erazE

lol errr wait so this is an Ubisoft thing and it's dropping on PS4 and xbone but only the Switch will have Starfox? da heck

-edit oh drat PS+ games are xcom 2 and trials fusion

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Rim world is good poo poo. Had a guy snap kill the other four party members and the eat them.