Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

When are we getting to the part of the story where we solve everything with card games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

When are we getting to the part of the story where we solve everything with card games?

1.0 already happened.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Finally someone who likes TT.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

I dyed my character's hair black and made a new dork knight glamour. IT'S NOT A PHASE, MOM.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Phone posted:

In that case, level CUL to 37(?) for Steady Hand 2, CRP to 50(?) for Byregot's Blessing. Do your GC turn ins every day (check vendors against the MB, half of the time people will list a 500 Gil item for 6k or something), do Ixals, and just power through.

You're going to quickly run out of inventory space and/or go broke if you're not gathering mats yourself. Being self sufficient is sounds good on paper, but there is a real cost both time and money wise (including real money if you buy more retainers), especially considering that a good % of the intermediate mats are sold for less than the sum of their components because "this is free because I gathered the mats myself :words:" types.

My miner is 51 and my botanist isnt far behind. Im not completely without strategy here lol

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Alloran posted:

So. My pc just poo poo the bed. To confirm, to play this on the ps4 I'd have to rebuy the game to be able to log in and play?

Yes, but I believe you get an extra free month, so it's not all bad.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Alder posted:

Finally someone who likes TT.

I've seen the Chaos rule too many times to like anything about this game. I just like collecting.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I’m dumb and TT keeps me alive. I think I need 2 of the Ex trial cards and 2 dungeon ones and I have a full collection until another patch hits.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i don't think ive won a single game of TT and so i think it blows chunks

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Is there anything in game expanding on some of the huge dead dragons around Ishgard? It seems like a lot of effort to make the model and then just dump it in a hole in the wall that most people never even see.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

That one has a sightseeing log entry, I think.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Algid posted:

Is there anything in game expanding on some of the huge dead dragons around Ishgard? It seems like a lot of effort to make the model and then just dump it in a hole in the wall that most people never even see.

given that they fought against the dragons for a thousand years i'm surprised there's not more giant dragon corpses laying around

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Algid posted:

My man they made azys lla and it amounted to virtually nothing.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I like Triple Triad, unironically

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I like Triple Triad in 8 but the star system ruins it for me in 14.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
my fisherman keeps bringing me primal weapons but my monk keeps bringing me fish

please advise

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Kerrzhe posted:

given that they fought against the dragons for a thousand years i'm surprised there's not more giant dragon corpses laying around

Dragoon armor has to come from something. Waste not, etc.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Failboattootoot posted:

My man they made azys lla and it amounted to virtually nothing.

It is the exact opposite of FFXI's problem.

XI has zones with stuff just rammed in every corner, by the time you got to Voidwatch you had level 99 content plopped into newbie zones because of lack of anywhere else to really put it. Every random secluded corner has an NM or quest marker that spawns in it.

XIV has zones with lots of little cool areas off the beaten track that are... never used for anything. Or areas like all of Azys Lla with massive potential and almost no use.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

EGSunBro posted:

my fisherman keeps bringing me primal weapons but my monk keeps bringing me fish

please advise

Fishers are very powerful. They have to be to carry back all those fat catz.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
They are conspiring to play funny pranks on you.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

It's all stuff other WoL's left behind because they already had it or tossed aside because it's not current.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
It's junk they find on the shores that other players tossed to make inventory space.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I am inclined to believe that Belias waits until you have a proc before he jumps and does his freakishly long attack that is designed to be as long as possible to wait out the duration of said procs. :argh:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Worst part is that he hops away during trick attack windows.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WrightOfWay posted:

I like Triple Triad in 8 but the star system ruins it for me in 14.

I feel a bit the same way.

I also think Tetra Master would fit in an MMO better even if I prefer TT in its original context.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Elentor posted:

I also think Tetra Master would fit in an MMO better even if I prefer TT in its original context.

Tetra Master is a loving garbage game for garbage people.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not really going to judge people's preferences for a final fantasy minigame. Like I said, I prefer TT in its original context since I had way more fun with TT in 8 than I did with TM in 9 but as far as mini-games go I get the impression that TT is a lot more limited for its inclusion in an MMO, in particular the heavily homogenized version they went with. It doesn't give a lot of leeway to work and both FFXIV and the WoW interface team seem to like putting a lot of detail in their minigames.

Also as far as they go TT is the tic tac toe of fake fantasy card games when it comes down to solvability.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Elentor posted:

Can you still play Tetra Master in Play Online?

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I am inclined to believe that Belias waits until you have a proc before he jumps and does his freakishly long attack that is designed to be as long as possible to wait out the duration of said procs. :argh:

The timing for his divebombs are the absolute worst in the game, it literally fucks over like everyone. And then there's the one at like 4minutes where he does 2 divebombs within 30 seconds like gently caress off already.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh no blimp issue posted:

Can you still play Tetra Master in Play Online?

I don't think so, I might be wrong but I think that hasn't been the case in a long while.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Elentor posted:

I don't think so, I might be wrong but I think that hasn't been the case in a long while.

Sad!

Abilizer
May 6, 2017

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Tanks in unaugmented shire sets doing speed runs on Bardam's mettle and the final few levels until lvl 70.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Alder posted:

Tanks in unaugmented shire sets doing speed runs on Bardam's mettle and the final few levels until lvl 70.

I've been doing a lot of Bardam's lately (for glams) and that pull before the second boss with the birds gets every group. Every time, the tank tries to pull the whole thing, the healer doesn't cleanse the dots and we all die.

Two more runs and I'll have the full set I'm after.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Axle_Stukov posted:

The timing for his divebombs are the absolute worst in the game, it literally fucks over like everyone. And then there's the one at like 4minutes where he does 2 divebombs within 30 seconds like gently caress off already.

Belias is the best troll. He looks at your optimal openings and goes 'haha yeah you love those don't you?' and jumps.

For me, it's just another opportunity to kenki in the safe spot :getin:

Leofish posted:

I've been doing a lot of Bardam's lately (for glams) and that pull before the second boss with the birds gets every group. Every time, the tank tries to pull the whole thing, the healer doesn't cleanse the dots and we all die.

Two more runs and I'll have the full set I'm after.

The dot doesn't do that much damage. It's the tiny birds that do nothing but auto-attack and special attack for 3-5k per hit that adds up wickedly fast.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Alder posted:

My unforgettable Bardam's Mettle run was definitely the tank in unaugmented Shire gear speedpulling and using zero defensive cooldowns. I had ACT running the entire time and he only used defensive cooldowns on the last pull before the Yol after I specifically told him to use them if he was going to mass pull. Still managed to hit top DPS as AST, too. I wish I knew why that place was such a loving quagmire.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

A11n is the new pug killer.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

EponymousMrYar posted:

The dot doesn't do that much damage. It's the tiny birds that do nothing but auto-attack and special attack for 3-5k per hit that adds up wickedly fast.

Huh, I always thought the dot was the killer. Those birds are bastards though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Alder posted:

Ah, it's like we've gone forward and back and forward and back and we're back to 3.4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Alder posted:

What? How? Do people not know how to avoid the GA-100?