Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They also dropped the game between the new call of duty and battlefield 1, which was apparently respawns idea :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

eh, I think that was heavily influenced by EA to help reduce the BF sales but just imo and all that

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is anyone else stupidly excited about the new Fallout like me? I’m gonna spend my entire Thanksgiving break from school playing as much Fallout 76 as I can. I’ve been a release day player as far back as FO1, but I’m gonna have to hold off until thanksgiving break to play. Debating if I should build a PC to play it, or just playing it on the xbone.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Is anyone else stupidly excited about the new Fallout like me? I’m gonna spend my entire Thanksgiving break from school playing as much Fallout 76 as I can. I’ve been a release day player as far back as FO1, but I’m gonna have to hold off until thanksgiving break to play. Debating if I should build a PC to play it, or just playing it on the xbone.

:psyduck:

What?

No really.

WHAT???

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'm going to play the poo poo out of it, but I've also spent hundreds of hours in Ark, Conan and other survival type games.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

source you quotes

had a productive day doing solos in pubg

squads were a different story

i blame joker for that:ssh:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just google fallout 76, it’s got a Nov 14 release date. It’s gonna be wild too: You can play online with up to 3 other players, there are no human NPC’s all humans are players. They’ve got creative ways to push you along the narrative without human NPC’s and their usually expository dialogue. Also at some point you get access to ICBM launch codes and you can turn chunks of West Virginia (where this poo poo is taking place) into a radioactive hellscape with special enemies and loot, and it also changes the terrain. Village building is back, too. The Wikipedia article on FO:76 is a pretty good start if your still curious.

LtCol J. Krusinski fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jul 2, 2018

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Yeh. Sounds very much like a not actually fallout.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Next Fallout should be in Utah which has been reborn as a Mormon paradise.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Next Fallout should be in Utah which has been reborn as a Mormon paradise.

They already dealt with Mormons in Honest Hearts/New Vegas, tho.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have absolutely zero interest in Fallout 76. I say this having spent 400 hours in Fallout 4, still have it installed, and will likely be throwing another hundo at it this month.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fallout 76 is probably going to be really bad, i watched the trailer and listened to what they want to do with the game and it doesn't seem like something i would be interested in, and I've spent a shitton of time in the fallout games.

Always online survival mode games are pretty played out, that game is gonna land as everything in that genre is collapsing and it will make a gigantic fart noise as Bethesda kills the fallout franchise once and for all.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Removing NPCs from Fallout is like saying the next Call of Duty game has no guns, and players will instead engage in whimsical rap battles.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I dunno, it’s a fallout game, I’m hyped. I can also play it with my dad which is extremely cool. We’ve sunk countless hours into The Borderlands Series, Diablo 3, and the Left4dead series. We’ve probably played left 4 dead the most. Fallout has been my favorite RPG universe since the 90’s.

I still fire up Fallout Tactics a few times a year and have a blast with it. So I’m probably key demographic for Fallout 76, I’ll forgive shortcomings as long as it’s Fallout and I’m a dumb gay super fanboy of the series.

Soooooo hyped.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I'm still debating buying a ps4 again for tetris effect

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This guy probably loved Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Just google fallout 76, it’s got a Nov 14 release date. It’s gonna be wild too: You can play online with up to 3 other players, there are no human NPC’s all humans are players. They’ve got creative ways to push you along the narrative without human NPC’s and their usually expository dialogue. Also at some point you get access to ICBM launch codes and you can turn chunks of West Virginia (where this poo poo is taking place) into a radioactive hellscape with special enemies and loot, and it also changes the terrain. Village building is back, too. The Wikipedia article on FO:76 is a pretty good start if your still curious.

I dunno, it’s a fallout game, I’m hyped. I can also play it with my dad which is extremely cool. We’ve sunk countless hours into The Borderlands Series, Diablo 3, and the Left4dead series. We’ve probably played left 4 dead the most. Fallout has been my favorite RPG universe since the 90’s.

I still fire up Fallout Tactics a few times a year and have a blast with it. So I’m probably key demographic for Fallout 76, I’ll forgive shortcomings as long as it’s Fallout and I’m a dumb gay super fanboy of the series.

Soooooo hyped.

s-source your quotes? :ohdear:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Soooooo hyped.

you should play l4d2 with us in discord

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Re: Fallout 76, I think New Vegas might be my favorite game ever. Steam reset its counter, so I can't get an accurate number, but I've put several hundred hours into it. I don't think I've cracked a hundred hours on anything else.

So it kills me to read about 76, and realize that literally nothing they've advertised appeals to me in the slightest.

If it sells well, we'll get more like that. If it sells poorly, I just hope it doesn't kill off the franchise. Time to start counting down to the next Elder Scrolls, I guess.

Or, more bluntly,

Vasudus posted:

Removing NPCs from Fallout is like saying the next Call of Duty game has no guns, and players will instead engage in whimsical rap battles.

mods change my name posted:

However, the novelization of the smash hit game "Blaster Master" for the Nintendo Entertainment System is probably one of the finest stories written.

Holy gently caress, that book just came back to me like a half-remembered fever dream.

I read that drat novel when I was like 7, and it made Blaster Master sound so cool.

Then I actually played the game.

:(

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If they remastered New Vegas I would hover over the preorder button then buy it a week after it releases to terrible reviews.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

If they remastered New Vegas I would hover over the preorder button then buy it a week after it releases to terrible reviews.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Skyrim SE was an insane upgrade for performance and stability alone.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fallom posted:

my nude mudcrab mod was broken for months :mad:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

you should play l4d2 with us in discord

I thought you played it on PC :dadjoke:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's annoying/sad when I click through the first and second pages of games on steam and 90% of them say "In Library" and the ones that aren't are usually dumb anime games.

I'm starting to get jonesin' for either Skyrim SE or Fallout 4 again if I don't find anything new to play :smithicide:

edit: poo poo I FORGOT ABOUT PREY

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 2, 2018

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Prey is good as hell

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

mods change my name posted:

Prey is good as hell

The expansion is fun too. They're putting out a human vs typhons multiplayer mode soon.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Prey apparently has the most hosed up controller interface ever created in the new patch. I've had to manually go in deep into Steam controls to make my 360 controller actually work, as the game as of 1.06 apparently doesn't think dead zones exist so I was wondering why in the tutorial area my vision was shifting around like a drunken sailor. I still couldn't get it to feel like literally every other game ever made, so I tried a 3rd party DLL fix that seems to just make the game not recognize any controller period. I don't want to bother janitoring this nonsense in 2018, this poo poo should be a long solved issue.

I guess I'll play with KB/M if I can't get it fixed tomorrow.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Handling standard controllers is very much a solved problem and it absolutely drives me insane when devs manage to find ways to gently caress it up

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The SNES basically perfected the controller button scheme and devs have been loving it up ever since.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's really annoying because it insists on using the steam controller API instead of XInput like every.other.game.ever. Which means that Steam defaults to Big Picture mode, a horrible thing when you've got a 21:9 monitor that it amazingly doesn't support. So I had to dig around in settings to disable Big Picture in like two or three places, then go really deep into bullshit nerd settings to adjust the dead zones for my sticks, then test them out four or five times. Each time the game launches it takes forever due to the un-skippable, un-deletable intro videos and fukkin' epilepsy warnings. After a literal hour and a half of loving around I'm still not happy with it.

Like what the gently caress, why in TYOOL 2018 do I have to do any of this, period, when every other console game since 2010 immediately recognizes my 360 controller effortlessly and requires zero changes from me.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Steezo posted:

The expansion is fun too. They're putting out a human vs typhons multiplayer mode soon.

What was the expansion? More story content after the ending? Worth checking out?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Fallom posted:

I still don't understand why - in all the post-release development they did - they never bothered to make the PC UI just a little more user-friendly

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Dude McAwesome posted:

What was the expansion? More story content after the ending? Worth checking out?

It's a little bit of story behind a bunch of gameplay. You have to guide five different people to an escape as things go wrong on the moonbase and the modifiers for what goes wrong change and turn up the longer you take. You will die a lot but your guys keep their upgrades between deaths, you use points from each run to buy gear and that sort of thing. It's not as big as the base game but if you want a replayable escape scenario it's good for that. Each escapee goes down a different skill branch, you start with the psychic and have to do objectives for your corporate masters for points or to open up the other characters.

Its $20.00 and I definitely got my moneys worth out of it and I'm not even finished with the story bits for each character. Which is mostly McGuyvering your escape in different ways, as the place falls apart the longer you're there.

Edit: Mooncrash, it's called Mooncrash. Almost forgot.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Steezo posted:

It's a little bit of story behind a bunch of gameplay. You have to guide five different people to an escape as things go wrong on the moonbase and the modifiers for what goes wrong change and turn up the longer you take. You will die a lot but your guys keep their upgrades between deaths, you use points from each run to buy gear and that sort of thing. It's not as big as the base game but if you want a replayable escape scenario it's good for that. Each escapee goes down a different skill branch, you start with the psychic and have to do objectives for your corporate masters for points or to open up the other characters.

Its $20.00 and I definitely got my moneys worth out of it and I'm not even finished with the story bits for each character. Which is mostly McGuyvering your escape in different ways, as the place falls apart the longer you're there.

Edit: Mooncrash, it's called Mooncrash. Almost forgot.

Sounds like it’s worth checking out. Thanks for the info. :)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Having a hard time getting excited for the new Fallout but even though the release date is long away I’m curious to see how it will be received. I think by that time we’ll have like 10 more pubg/fornite/survival clones how many can the market handle

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
4 months is sooooooo loooooong

ps it isnt gonna be anything like pubg or fortnite

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

does Bethesda often make their timelines or just with tons of bugs

no Switch release? Dislike. I wanna play my online base builder on the go

quote:

Fallout 76 will instead use a combination of NPCs in the form of robots, recordings such as collectible holotapes, terminals throughout the game world

Ah no actual humans tho

Wish they’d think of our brave deployed mil folks with this online only

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jul 3, 2018

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I was pretty pissed when I preordered Starcraft 2 while deployed and couldn't activate it. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Godholio posted:

I was pretty pissed when I preordered Starcraft 2 while deployed and couldn't activate it. :shrug:

Trying to get the day 0 doc working in mass effect 2 while running convoy ops was a very slow process. Still worth it for Zaeed. That man could take a grade school class out for ice cream and be the only survivor.