Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

FAT BATMAN posted:

But these two are here, and not ripped apart, and sane??

well

two outta three ain't bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch13/ch13_63.html
Anadyne looks like a corpse. The kind of corpse that doesn't move. I'm not sure Knock-Me-Down is sane. And Stockyard definitely looks ripped apart.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 28, 2018

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
ana is alive, otherwise the silver wouldn't waste time continuing to torture her

really don't want to know what they've been eating down there

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

But you are a person, and I can't say I'm awfully fond of that.
Noooo, Stockyard is back

I hate Stockyard so much

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
He didn't stop while he was a head.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I barely remember these people, lol.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I feel like Ana maybe broke her back or her pelvis with the way her legs are angled. Either that or she's so catatonic she doesn't care about laying in a contorted position, but I feel like Knock would care even if Ana didn't.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

Noooo, Stockyard is back

I hate Stockyard so much

well, for certain values of 'back'

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Everything is fine.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Can't nothing knock her down.

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

GreyjoyBastard posted:

well, for certain values of 'back'

any value of back, including flash, is too much Stockyard

Knock is new best character, keep curbstomping Stockyard forever

also dang, Cope draws gore unnervingly well. Ana's arm!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Yyyeah really glad I checked this page on my phone.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

A-at least Knock is holding up?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

PetraCore posted:

A-at least Knock is holding up?

For various values of 'holding up'. I'm pretty sure she's like on the knife edge of losing it, and is only holding it together for Ana at this point. Ifwhen she goes though....

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they should probably do something about that arm

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

FAT BATMAN posted:

:wtf:
That the lizard was able to ride along inside the pain train, I could understand. But these two are here, and not ripped apart, and sane??

Nevermind.

Edit: it’s becoming clearer to me how horrific this would-be weapon is. I thought, being driven by pain and misery, it would just lash out at everything around it and kill anyone it can. But no. Misery loves company, and so it wants you miserable, which it does not find mutually exclusive with being alive.

FAT BATMAN fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 29, 2018

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

Knock for best character dialogue so far

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

Knock for best character dialogue so far

Knock's pretty cool. I mean, murder was part of her previous job responsibilities, but at least she was annoyed at Starfish for making Matty sad and increasing his odds of coming back when he was grown up and killing her in revenge.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Please don't kill Knock, she's my favorite character in this comic and I didn't realize it until she came back and started using some real colorful language.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Glagha posted:

Please don't kill Knock, she's my favorite character in this comic and I didn't realize it until she came back and started using some real colorful language.

I actually quite like Ana too, but then, there are a ton of characters I really enjoy, up to and including the mind-eating apex predator snakeman.

Unsounded owns.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cope says her biggest writing inspiration is herman melville, and you can tell sometimes

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I don't think Knock's going to be killed. I think worse things are in store for Knock.

Ana, now...

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ana apparently is going to be kinda scary when she pulls herself together lmao

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Turns out that piloting a painmobile that wants suffering isn't the best deal ever.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Who are the bad guys in this comic, again?

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
I think the bad guys include (but are not limited to) Cresce, Alderode, Sharteshane, General Bell's conspiracy, whoever the analogue of Bell is on the Aldish side, the Black Tongues, Delicieu/Cutter/Giant Silver Monster, and probably also Lady Ilganyag.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Everyone except Matty.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Friendly Coffee is the true hero of the story. :colbert:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Is Duane a good guy? I think so, but now I'm expecting a flashback where he feasted on still living Crescian babies, and I don't mean as a zombie.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

Is Duane a good guy? I think so, but now I'm expecting a flashback where he feasted on still living Crescian babies, and I don't mean as a zombie.

Duane is a patriot for Alderode. He might not be a cruel person himself, but he certainly idolises a cruel regime.

He is an honestly good guy, from what we've seen, but he's like the kindly, friendly grandparent, who is patient with everyone and has never hurt a fly that nonetheless thinks the Trump camps don't go far enough to keep out brown people.

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 6, 2018

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Tenebrais posted:

Duane is a patriot for Alderode. He might not be a cruel person himself, but he certainly idolises a cruel regime.

He is an honestly good guy, from what we've seen, but he's like the kindly, friendly grandparent, who is patient with everyone and has never hurt a fly that nonetheless thinks the Trump camps don't go far enough to keep out brown people.
Eh, loving with kids is something he'll cross cultural lines over, but otherwise I think you're right.

He's the kindly, friendly grandparent who sees no problem with separating teenagers from their parents but has concerns over the infants and toddlers.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Duane has good reason to support Alderode basically no matter how bad it is, but he ALSO seems to think that Alderode is better than it in fact is. His reaction to "this plague is ruining the balance of power so lets spread the plague to the other side too" was full on That's Not Who We Are when it in fact is who they are.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Duane is a fascist and Sette is an unrepentent criminal who wholeheartedly believes in survival of the fittest (the fittest being the most ruthless hustlers, of course).

Matty is ok, I guess.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
man you guys are going to be crushed when Ashley gets around to showing all the hosed up poo poo Matty's gotten up to

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I mean, he's technically a dependent on a father who is A-ok with human trafficking, murder and the surgical implanting of pain powered superweapons into child slaves for the purposes of smuggling it across borders. He's either going to have to ditch his evil dad who will be dying of a terminal case of being a plat or be stuck caring for white hair hitler.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Motherfucker posted:

I mean, he's technically a dependent on a father who is A-ok with human trafficking, murder and the surgical implanting of pain powered superweapons into child slaves for the purposes of smuggling it across borders. He's either going to have to ditch his evil dad who will be dying of a terminal case of being a plat or be stuck caring for white hair hitler.

not if Quigs dies in an ironically heroic fashion first

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

FreeKillB posted:

I think the bad guys include (but are not limited to) Cresce, Alderode, Sharteshane, General Bell's conspiracy, whoever the analogue of Bell is on the Aldish side, the Black Tongues, Delicieu/Cutter/Giant Silver Monster, and probably also Lady Ilganyag.

not gonna lie, I have some real concerns that Lady I is the ultimate villain of the story

some convoluted scheme to escape the khert or something

Also the King of Sharteshane is not particularly villainous. :colbert:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
"He kills people" being how Quigley is always described to people is one of my favorite minor running jokes.

Also, the King of Sharteshane is pretty much the embodiment of idle, decadent wealth while most of his country languishes in poverty. He seems to not be the real power there, but he still sucks, even if he's probably pleasant to deal with (if you can get his attention) and non-malicious and whatnot.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

"He kills people" being how Quigley is always described to people is one of my favorite minor running jokes.

Also, the King of Sharteshane is pretty much the embodiment of idle, decadent wealth while most of his country languishes in poverty. He seems to not be the real power there, but he still sucks, even if he's probably pleasant to deal with (if you can get his attention) and non-malicious and whatnot.

interesting note, has Quigley only actually whacked one person onscreen, or am I misremembering?

to be fair, that particular murder was especially monstrous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
Quigs was perfectly fine helping Starfish's pain train of infected kids, don't forget. The faster that guy dies the better, so he'll probably live forever in this comic.

Matty isn't too much better given how attached he is to Uaid. Betting good money he does something horrible because of it.

Basically everyone is terrible and horrible in this.