Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
how many of those games had arcade versions that went through multiple loketests and revisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Primal Rage, Mortal Kombat, Blade Arcus. The list goes on

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
When's the last time you played Mortal Kombat 1?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I was just playing it the other day. poo poo still holds up.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
HOKUTO NO KEN

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kongming posted:

I was just playing it the other day. poo poo still holds up.

It was poo poo then and it's poo poo now, yeah.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Kongming posted:

Has there ever been a fighting game that's been good on the first try by any company? I'm legitimately asking this since I've never played like, the original Guilty Gear or whatever. I feel like it would be extremely hard to make a really well built FG without going through a couple revisions.

IaMP

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Brosnan posted:

When's the last time you played Mortal Kombat 1?

I keep my 360 plugged in just to play the arcade kollection and 9 still.

In Training posted:

Primal Rage, Mortal Kombat, Blade Arcus. The list goes on

Bring back Primal Rage you cowards.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

BattleTech posted:

Bring back Primal Rage Bloody Roar you cowards.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
gently caress it bring back clayfighter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wasn't there a clayfighter Kickstarter.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I want to play Chaos Breaker

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

there were like 2 or 3 announcements about Clayfighter revivals in the last decade, one being for DS or something, and none of them ever come to fruition

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
If we are talking stupid dead games might as well go for Body Blows for the Amiga.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Kasumi Ninja and Way of the Warrior double revival

Actually didn't Kakuto Chojin get added to XB1 backwards compatibility?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Kongming posted:

Has there ever been a fighting game that's been good on the first try by any company? I'm legitimately asking this since I've never played like, the original Guilty Gear or whatever. I feel like it would be extremely hard to make a really well built FG without going through a couple revisions.

Well there are lots of games now that were patched into quality rather than released as new games, so it probably depends on how you count that.

Saint Freak posted:

If only Big Band had been launch...

the game is worse for having Beat Extend in it

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Don't talk poo poo about Bloody Roar.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

If we could bring back Killer Instinct and make that garbage hype, we can make anything good

Tattoo Assassins revival when

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://twitter.com/KeiMikado/status/1013896412336197632

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Don't talk poo poo about Bloody Roar.

Blood Roar was god damned awesome

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I posted about this in the Discord but I figured I'd post here for people without it.

A new gamebreaking glitch in DOA5 has been found. By doing a move and micro dashing through it's interval frames you can skip the startup and recovery animation of a move. It's been in the game since 5 vanilla but was just figured out completely on Sunday. People are now working it into combo's and it is wild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3fiGQSkQmo

https://gfycat.com/AlienatedJollyHammerheadshark

https://gfycat.com/LivelyGrandioseEstuarinecrocodile

https://twitter.com/RYOFU0128/status/1013781550746353664

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

BattleTech posted:

I posted about this in the Discord but I figured I'd post here for people without it.

A new gamebreaking glitch in DOA5 has been found. By doing a move and micro dashing through it's interval frames you can skip the startup and recovery animation of a move. It's been in the game since 5 vanilla but was just figured out completely on Sunday. People are now working it into combo's and it is wild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3fiGQSkQmo

https://gfycat.com/AlienatedJollyHammerheadshark

https://gfycat.com/LivelyGrandioseEstuarinecrocodile

https://twitter.com/RYOFU0128/status/1013781550746353664

lmao this owns

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I hope the devs stay committed to the funeral they held and do not address it at all.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Smoking Crow posted:

If we could bring back Killer Instinct and make that garbage hype, we can make anything good

Tattoo Assassins revival when

I wish we got a sequel for Mace: The Dark Age, or "Soul Edge, but More Metal and Less Playable."

DLC Inc posted:

there were like 2 or 3 announcements about Clayfighter revivals in the last decade, one being for DS or something, and none of them ever come to fruition

There was supposed to be kind of a Mortal Kombat Trilogy type game with Clay Fighter, using higher-quality sprites and frames that never got made into the old games. Basically making a new fighting game out of all the assets from the original games. Unfortunately, the guy in charge of Interplay was supposedly a counter-productive douche and a bunch of people jumped ship.

Once again, we've been cheated out of getting to play as HoboCop :(

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

If this is what is considered "hype" in DBZF then the game is even worse than I thought.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Shiki Dan posted:

If this is what is considered "hype" in DBZF then the game is even worse than I thought.

Didn't you hear Yipes scream for 5 seconds straight when Cell 2h'd a raw tag in? How can you not be excited?

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Kongming posted:

Didn't you hear Yipes scream for 5 seconds straight when Cell 2h'd a raw tag in? How can you not be excited?

I love the game but that dude is super annoying.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Kongming posted:

Yeah that's pretty dumb, 2H'ing raw tags and super dashes is what everyone should be doing all the time, literally equivalent of DP'ing a jump-in in SF.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Shiki Dan posted:

nothing is impressive if youre too dumb and bad to actually understand whats happening

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

I lost all interest in playing DBFZ but that was an amazing set.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
I understand the game, it's still boring and shallow.

Meanwhile, I understand little of BBxTag, but matches seem much more exciting in that game.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Yeah because there isn't loving smoke and yellow/white destructo orbs getting thrown out every 3 seconds obscuring important poo poo.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Shiki Dan posted:

I understand the game, it's still boring and shallow.

Meanwhile, I understand little of BBxTag, but matches seem much more exciting in that game.

[the guy whos wrong about most things and sucks voice] abctually, i know all about this

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

nothing is impressive if youre too dumb and bad to actually understand whats happening
i dunno, i haven't touched dbfz so i can't parse everything but still

Ultramega posted:

that was an amazing set.
although the over-amped screech "commentary" certainly hurts considerably more than it helps. probably an acquired taste

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jul 3, 2018

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Just do like I did and watch it without sound. Or even better listen to mrUsuck or majinobama do commentary on a game you like.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
the only upside of watching major vids with sound anymore is when it occasionally catches the crowd reactions

unfortunately, now that every TO is streaming commentary to the crowds (so they can't mic the crowds without getting feedback while also affecting players who aren't wearing headsets) that's gonna get rarer and rarer

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

DLC Inc posted:

MVCI rumors on "Revival" though idk about this Viper/Sodom poo poo people talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0a7xuOb0I

that seems loving bullshit, amingo and gene? yeah right

is g supposed to be the monster from re2

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

P-Mack posted:

Plenty.

Last Blade 2 is better but LB1 was good by itself.

Breakers is good, and Revenge barely changed anything.

And how can we forget Nitroplus Blasterz which arguably got worse with OP dlc characters.

last blade 2 is very not good, objectively

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
DBZ looks amazing, but every match is sleep-inducing. SFIV was good of you like 1-frame links like a crazy person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Broken Loose posted:

the only upside of watching major vids with sound anymore is when it occasionally catches the crowd reactions

unfortunately, now that every TO is streaming commentary to the crowds (so they can't mic the crowds without getting feedback while also affecting players who aren't wearing headsets) that's gonna get rarer and rarer

I've been enjoying the Tekken crew a lot during this year's twt fwiw