Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

morestuff posted:

Devil is basically a mid-tier episode of the Forest Whitaker Twilight Zone revival but I like mid-tier episodes of the Forest Whitaker Twilight Zone revival so ymmv

Yeah same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Yodzilla posted:

Does After Earth actually go somewhere interesting? I turned it off after an hour because I was bored to tears and I can't stand looking at Jaden Smith. That's still a half hour longer than Avatar lasted though, what a dogshit film that is.

Not really. The son has to fight one of those aliens at the end, his greatest fear. But he defeats it and he ends up sending a distress signal (or whatever needed to happen). Happy ending. No twists, no turns, very predictable.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Yodzilla posted:

Does After Earth actually go somewhere interesting? I turned it off after an hour because I was bored to tears and I can't stand looking at Jaden Smith. That's still a half hour longer than Avatar lasted though, what a dogshit film that is.

e: weren't the horror films that Syamalan produced like Devil fairly well regarded?

There is a whole theory that the movie is meant to be an allegory for (and secretly promoting) Scientology. Will and Jada have both apparently become members, and although they deny it publicly, they also defend it, and have given a lot of money to the organization.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Just some obscuro VHS titles/posters here.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Have RLM done a Best of the Worst on Demon Cop? No Cameron Mitchell trash fire must escape.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
"Welcome to the abusement park" is gold

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Jack Skellington?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Jack Skellington enters the age of digital spoopiness.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

MacheteZombie posted:

"He'll read your last rites" ain't bad either

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

Sounds more like a cold.

Erotic Wakes
May 19, 2018

by Lowtax
The sad thing about Avatar and After Earth is that those are Shyamalan at his most hands-off, when he's basically doing big studio work to try and get out of movie jail after several high-profile flops and burning his bridges with several studios, but those are undoubtedly considered his worst movies and held up as examples of how terrible he is. I'm glad the dude apparently went through whatever his problem was and is back to making smaller schlock because he's way better at it.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/strongstufftom/status/1013919299994640384

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Better than the actual movie.

Erotic Wakes
May 19, 2018

by Lowtax

Considering the Little White Cuck Ball is prominently featured I'm calling bull. Also it has Finn on it, but that might have more to do with it not being a Chinese poster than anything else.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

God drat. Whoosh.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

Thanks for reminding me to go pledge another $10,000 to this remake. I can't believe they're almost at $400 million of actual, real money that people will definitely give them! This poo poo is going to be amazing!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I know it's supposed to be mocking the idea, but it makes a very strong case in favor of a fan remake

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What's the thing to the right of Bigger Luke's head?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

MacheteZombie posted:

Yeah, that entire poster is loving aces, actually. Whatever the movie is, it's not gonna live up to what I imagine it to be from that one-sheet.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Pretty good, but to make it accurate to the desires of the dude(s) wanting a remake, Finn should be smaller and more subservient.

Also the lips gotta be funny

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jul 3, 2018

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hate this world we live in. I hope everyone responsible goes to jail.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

RBA Starblade posted:

What's the thing to the right of Bigger Luke's head?

Kylo Ren by way of Super Shredder :black101:

EDIT: Wait, you mean my right

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Kylo Ren by way of Super Shredder :black101:

EDIT: Wait, you mean my right

It’s Yoda in a mech suit from The Matrix Revolutions.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gynocentric Regime posted:

It’s Yoda in a mech suit from The Matrix Revolutions.

Amazing.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It needed one thing.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
This poster is the only kind of Star Wars discussion that should be allowed. Condense the endless words words words into evocative imagery.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bar Crow posted:

This poster is the only kind of Star Wars discussion that should be allowed. Condense the endless words words words into evocative imagery.

(Source: some guy's Deviant Art page.)

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
I just heard they're doing a Terminator 6 with Arnie and Linda Hamilton. With Cameron's supervison.

It's going to ignore all the sequels past T2.

And then this popped up:

quote:

A writers room with David S. Goyer, Charles H. Eglee, and Josh Friedman was established to create the story of the trilogy under the supervision of Cameron and Miller

:thunk:

Terminator Genisys posted:

On September 5, 2014, Paramount announced that Terminator Genisys would be the first film in a new standalone trilogy, with two sequels scheduled for release on May 19, 2017 and June 29, 2018

Terminator Salvation posted:

While Terminator Salvation was initially intended to begin a new trilogy, production of a fifth film was halted by legal trouble, as well as The Halcyon Company filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection

And T3 was also meant to be the start of a trilogy, that got reworked as Salvation.
It says a lot when over 50% of your franchise is failed trilogies, and aborted reboots.

The only acceptable Terminator trilogy, is of course, T1, T2, and T2-3D. :colbert:

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

I was wondering when they'd finally make a Tongue of the Fatman movie..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue_of_the_Fatman#/media/File%3ATongue_of_the_Fatman_North_American_Box_art.jpg

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pesky Splinter posted:

I just heard they're doing a Terminator 6 with Arnie and Linda Hamilton. With Cameron's supervison.

It's going to ignore all the sequels past T2.

And then this popped up:

And T3 was also meant to be the start of a trilogy, that got reworked as Salvation.
It says a lot when over 50% of your franchise is failed trilogies, and aborted reboots.

The only acceptable Terminator trilogy, is of course, T1, T2, and T2-3D. :colbert:

There's like a half dozen surprisingly good episodes in the second season of The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Some good pairings currently hanging up at the Egyptian Theater in Los Angeles.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's not even the best The Cake Eaters poster

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Guy Goodbody posted:

There's like a half dozen surprisingly good episodes in the second season of The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

The premise of the series never really interested me. :shrug:

It's just one of those franchises I've never cared enough about after the first two films, because they just work so well. The first film is a great horror film - second is a semi-remake but with a bigger budget and expands on the characters from the first. And they're drat good films.

What's frustrating about the other sequels is the constant undoing of T2's resolution to make them work.

T3's like "Oh, you only delayed Judgement day", and is pretty tedious overall.

Salvation at least attempted something different, although the future war looked boring as gently caress, and you can tell there was a dozen or so rewrites to try to end it. Including the one with the twist so loving dumb they actually put that in the next movie.

And Genysis was absolute trash on so many levels.

ruddiger posted:

Some good pairings currently hanging up at the Egyptian Theater in Los Angeles.

That's pretty good actually.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pesky Splinter posted:

The premise of the series never really interested me. :shrug:

Oh yeah, it's was mostly garbage. The entire first season is complete trash. And a good amount of the second season. Bu there was a good chunk of the second season where they started dealing with the logistics of multiple people from different points in the future trying to change their past by altering the past's future, but if the Terminator is non-deterministic then each person from the future who goes to the past changes the future already, so the futures experienced by the people who went back before hand might not exist anymore, so their future knowledge may be completely useless.

And it looked like the third season was going to deal with the idea that humans would've won anyway even if John Connor had died, which is a pretty great idea and it's a shame it didn't happen.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Man, that Funland poster is rad as gently caress. I don't know if I want to watch the actual movie after that, but I'm all for what the poster promises.

Edit: This a synopsis for it so maybe I do want to see it?!

quote:

A wax-museum Humphrey Bogart (Robert Sacchi) and a pizza-parlor clown (David L. Lander) help a fun-park owner (William Windom) pressured by mobsters.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I really wish Salvation had gone with the original "Sam Worthington gets Christian Bale's face grafted onto him to pose as John Conner" ending. Like Salvation was not a good movie, but at least you could have set up a new status quo to mine new stories from at the end, rather than being so limp-dicked by the time credits rolled that the next movie went out of its way to retcon the entire franchise into oblivion.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I did at least enjoy the T1 scene recreations in Genesis since I saw the original again the day before. They were pretty meticulous.

Hamilton looks great for the new one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Between this and Halloween, it's a good year for badass older women giving the business to movie monsters that gave them a hard time in classic movie series that we're ignoring all but the first two movies of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Between this and Halloween, it's a good year for badass older women giving the business to movie monsters that gave them a hard time in classic movie series that we're ignoring all but the first two movies of.

Halloween is ignoring all but the first.