Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

RBA Starblade posted:

A sea of dipshits

My time has arrived!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

hillary clinton intentionally toned down her campaign rhetoric to avoid overpromising and underdelivering like obama

:abuela: underdelivering while promising basically nothing was pretty impressive, i gotta admit

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

A sea of dipshits

The Dipshit posted:

My time has arrived!

:eyepop:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Dreddout posted:

Mozgus has too much compassion for the downtrodden to be a CHUD

You know his idea of compassion is redemption through a trial. (usually a fatal torture) but he gives them hope that if god is on their side they will survive it.

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

AkumaHokoru posted:

You know his idea of compassion is redemption through a trial. (usually a fatal torture) but he gives them hope that if god is on their side they will survive it.

Glad to see so much agreement, truly heartening

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

eNeMeE posted:

Glad to see so much agreement, truly heartening

much like in this world. god is not on their side.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Lord of Pie posted:

:abuela: underdelivering while promising basically nothing was pretty impressive, i gotta admit

It's like the opposite of 'I expected nothing, and I'm still let down.'

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
'Even the cops don’t like us anymore': Under Trump, ICE is despised and divided

:qq:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dairy Farmers getting wrecked and start to realize maybe the canadian mega milk system might be better

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/best-advice-u-s-dairy-farmers-sell-out-fast-you-n887941

quote:

All Curtis Coombs wanted was to raise cows and run his family’s dairy farm in this slice of Kentucky hill country, less than 35 miles from Louisville. But a few weeks ago, he was forced to sell his milking herd of 82 cows, putting an end to his family’s nearly 70-year dairy business.

On a rain-drenched Monday, Coombs, his father and his uncle struggled to shove their last 13 cows into a trailer destined for auction and slaughter. As the earthy smell of manure filled the air, the men yelled for the Holsteins to move and urged them forward with the whack of a plastic stick.

The animals mooed their dissent but finally boarded the trailer. Coombs, 30, flung aside his stick and stormed a few yards away, breathing heavily. His family members wiped their brows and looked at Curtis and then the cows, which were sold for their meat at half their worth.

“It’s just hard to believe it’s over,” Coombs said later, choking up. “As long as you was milking cows, you always thought there was a hope you'd get back to it. At this point, even if there's a Hail Mary pass, we're done.”

Coombs is one of more than 100 dairy farmers across seven states who learned in March that they would lose their contract with Dean Foods, which runs a milk processing plant in Louisville that mainly served Walmart. Dean Foods is shutting the plant at the end of the summer because Walmart is building its own processing facility in Fort Wayne, Indiana, and will work directly with dairy farms there instead.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Got a taste of this yesterday in Atlanta. APD is extremely not pleased about having to deal with protesters created by ICE in the middle of summer.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

let_them_fight.gif

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1013829920928169986

Waiting on the Trump and Bevin voters who are SHOCKED that their benefits were canceled instead of those peoples' benefits.

Edit: my spelling is bad.

OhFunny has issued a correction as of 01:26 on Jul 3, 2018

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I loving love that China and the EU tailored these tariffs to hurt chuds the most. I know there are tons of collateral damage but still feed the chud quotes into my veins

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

NNick posted:

I loving love that China and the EU tailored these tariffs to hurt chuds the most. I know there are tons of collateral damage but still feed the chud quotes into my veins

China and EU are going to make america great again with this strategy.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

OhFunny posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1013829920928169986

Waiting on the Trump and Bevin voters should are SHOCKED that their benefits were canceled instead of those peoples' benefits.

Bevin voters who were on Obamacare voted for him knowing that he would cancel their Obamacare, and I doubt that many people who just lost their dental and vision voted for him too. I'd love to get someone who can give me a cogent explanation for this, but I have a feeling that the answer is just dumb as all hell.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Bevin voters who were on Obamacare voted for him knowing that he would cancel their Obamacare, and I doubt that many people who just lost their dental and vision voted for him too. I'd love to get someone who can give me a cogent explanation for this, but I have a feeling that the answer is just dumb as all hell.

"at least he weren't a democrat"

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lord of Pie posted:

"at least he weren't a democrat"

The big thing was that it wasn't a secret or some poo poo that Bevin sprung once he was in office. The guy ran on ripping up Obamacare and the social safety net, and big numbers of people who relied on those voted for him anyway.

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bison_yes_yes.gif

sexpot has issued a correction as of 01:33 on Jul 3, 2018

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Pretty much nobody voted for Bevin. He was elected in 2015 not even a midterm. He squeeked by on low voter turnout and the retarded religious vote.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

NNick posted:

its cute how they think they're exerting pressure on trump/ryan/mcconnell by making their voters suffer

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

why arent they putting tariffs on things that actually would make republicans pay attention like refined petroleum products and F-16s

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Porpoise With A Purpose posted:

Pretty much nobody voted for Bevin. He was elected in 2015 not even a midterm. He squeeked by on low voter turnout and the retarded religious vote.

Not voting is voting.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pick posted:

Not voting is voting.

Huh?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

By choosing to not make a choice, you have made a choice.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

It's Pick. Don't bother.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zil posted:

So do you show up and scrawl I’m not picking one! On the ballot? Odd protest imo no one sees it wtf

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Burt Sexual posted:

So do you show up and scrawl I’m not picking one! On the ballot? Odd protest imo no one sees it wtf

Kinda yeah. We have a really lovely system.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
he had a dem opponent
bad dem, but kentucky

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
theres a reason the governments arent going after trumps business specifically. why do you think the chinese have again and again given sweetheart deals to him (patents, selling goods, etc.) after trump does various things

Porpoise With A Purpose posted:

save voter suppression, you have no one to blame but yourself if you do not vote

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Relin posted:

theres a reason the governments arent going after trumps business specifically. why do you think the chinese have again and again given sweetheart deals to him (patents, selling goods, etc.) after trump does various things
save voter suppression, you have no one to blame but yourself if you do not vote

I did vote. Unfortunately no one else did.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

its cute how they think they're exerting pressure on trump/ryan/mcconnell by making their voters suffer

The point isn't to make the voters suffer, it's to piss off all the Republican Job Creators who are watching their profit margins take a nosedive.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Choosing the "opt-out" gives proportionally more representation to those who do not opt out. You give your vote to those who choose to vote.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Zil posted:

um i think the lyric is

you can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
lol, just lol

Alan Dershowitz laments being ‘shunned’ on Martha’s Vineyard posted:

One downside to publicly defending President Trump? The liberal elite on Martha’s Vineyard won’t like you anymore.

At least, that’s what renowned Harvard lawyer Alan Dershowitz is lamenting.

In an op-ed piece for The Hill published last week, Dershowitz said his friends on Martha’s Vineyard are “shunning me and trying to ban me from their social life” because he has defended Trump’s “civil liberties.”
One of those friends, described by Dershowitz as an academic at a distinguished university, “has told people that he would not attend any dinner or party to which I was invited.” Other friends have “demanded ‘trigger warnings’ so that they can be assured of having ‘safe spaces’ in which they will not encounter me or my ideas,” Dershowitz said.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Pick posted:

Choosing the "opt-out" gives proportionally more representation to those who do not opt out. You give your vote to those who choose to vote.

also, historically, right winger base is more easily activated than left wing.

not voting is literally voting for hitler trump

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

It's really messed up they won't let Alan hang out with them anymore, like, what gives them the right to not be around Mr. Dershowitz if they don't want to.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Alan's civil liberties are being attacked by these people who don't want to be around him or listen to him talk.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

NNick posted:

same, too bad there's no way to tailor the tariffs to hit chuds specifically and no one else

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
im sure that the part about asking for trigger warnings for his very brave and shocking opinions actually happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Stefan Prodan posted:

um i think the lyric is

you can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice

written by a bunch of fuckin libertarians ofc