Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

...! posted:

So awesome that Red Faction: Guerrilla Remastered just came out; I hadn't even known they were working on it. Yet another one of my favorite games is now on PS4. :getin:

The physics system in that game is so great and destroying buildings and bridges is way more fun than it should be. So many options. Take a sledgehammer through it inch by inch. Or blow it up with demolition charges or rockets. Or knock it down with a construction mech. Or blow holes through it within a disintegration gun. You can ram a hole through a wall with a vehicle. There are so many inventive ways to complete missions with those tools. Do you rescue your guys from prison by painstakingly going through the building and killing all the guards or do you just ram a hole through their cell then honk your horn for them to jump in then tear rear end out of there?

So, so good.

There is no horn button on the vehicle control scheme screen :(

Otherwise it's still a dumb fun game with hilarious physics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
The most unforgivable part of red faction was the fact that it didn't give you respawnable buildings. Once you've destroyed everything there's nothing left to destroy

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Oh my God I just tried the phone sex minigame in Yakuza 0. Probably the hardest I've ever laughed at a game. Amazing.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

Could someone comment on how the recent kickstarted rpgs like Pillars of Eternity, Torment, and Divinity play on ps4? I assume they don't play well, but I assumed the same for Diablo 3 and it was awesome.

Divinity got the Enhanced Edition on PC to bring it in line with the PS4 version. The controls rule, the QoL stuff is great, but it does need a guide sometimes. Great game though.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
That's one of the things the otherwise terrible Armageddon did right. It has a reconstruction gun you can use to put buildings back together.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Oh my God I just tried the phone sex minigame in Yakuza 0. Probably the hardest I've ever laughed at a game. Amazing.

Just the intro or the whole thing

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
The system works. Complaines about Media King yesterday and beat him to bloody pulp on my second try today.

I unlocked the ultimate style and am currently farming more real estate money to buy some skillpoints before continuing the story.

Is there a trick to bowling? I flipping hate the swivel mechanic with the tic-toc sound
It completely distracts me when aiming and all I can get is 2 steikes in a row.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

...! posted:

That's one of the things the otherwise terrible Armageddon did right. It has a reconstruction gun you can use to put buildings back together.

It also had a magnet gun, so you could shoot enemies at buildings, buildings at enemies, or buildings at buildings. Anything your little heart desired.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Oh sweet Tom Reader is on sale. I haven't played it yet

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Hopper posted:

The system works. Complaines about Media King yesterday and beat him to bloody pulp on my second try today.

I unlocked the ultimate style and am currently farming more real estate money to buy some skillpoints before continuing the story.

Is there a trick to bowling? I flipping hate the swivel mechanic with the tic-toc sound
It completely distracts me when aiming and all I can get is 2 steikes in a row.

There are several, actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ISgZFZz3rk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9B9cZM-X8U

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Bombadilillo posted:

Just the intro or the whole thing

The whole thing. Whichever team did localization for this game needs to do it for all Japanese games.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The whole thing. Whichever team did localization for this game needs to do it for all Japanese games.

It's really good. The dramatic phone answer prefectly encapsulates yakuza

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Are the movement controls in Heavy Rain some sort of sick joke ? I don’t remember them being this bad on PS3

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just beat ten players in a row in Absolver by light punching them in the face and varying up when I press X. I've only lost to someone doing the same thing. Like, I can see there are all these mechanics in here but so far they seem to not matter, since this works against the AI too if I hit triangle to guard break them first.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 3, 2018

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

That's clearly a chicken.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Are the movement controls in Heavy Rain some sort of sick joke ? I don’t remember them being this bad on PS3

you're a car now, beep beep

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

kirbysuperstar posted:

That's clearly a chicken.

Oh my, you’re absolutely right! How did that happen?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Thread made me buy the RFG remaster when I thought I was done buying games. That was the perfect open world game. Nano Rifle 4 Lyfe.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

irlZaphod posted:

hahahahaha

of course it is

It’s on in Canada too, but the savings drop thanks to the Canadian Peso.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Help goons, I have $6 in PSN credit left. What do I do?

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for $5.99 is also an option.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Dark cloud 2 is an extremely ambitious game with extremely bad dungeon crawler combat

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

fft is the best game there imo but it is a psp/vita game, so I hope you've got one of those

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I’d probably go with Tomb Raider if you haven’t played it. Tactics is also a good choice.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Real hurthling! posted:

Dark cloud 2 is an extremely ambitious game with extremely bad dungeon crawler combat

I played it on ps2 back in the day and remember it fondly.

Manatee Cannon posted:

fft is the best game there imo but it is a psp/vita game, so I hope you've got one of those

I've got a vita and a ps3, it works on that too.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Manatee Cannon posted:

What? No it's not. I think you might be think of the sequel.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I am definitely not thinking of the gba games. they're not bad tho

e: wait advance 2 was a ds game wasn't it. well you know what I meant

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jul 4, 2018

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Jesus please us the opening of this free call of duty game comes out of nowhere and your loving arms get ripped off

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Inspector Hound posted:

Jesus please us the opening of this free call of duty game comes out of nowhere and your loving arms get ripped off

F

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finished Route B of NieR and if sleep wasn’t a thing humans need I would just keep playing until I was done. Really glad it wasn’t too much of a slog in the end, especially once I kinda sorta left auto-everything on while fighting poo poo in that one area where enemies respawn to get to level 99 while I was out (more for the DLC combat arena, but it helps with everything else too).

The new context and extra revelations about 9S, the villains, and the world’s history were so goddamn good and left me so hungry for more clarification. I think the most intriguing new scenes to me were the ones where the pods are communicating with one another - can’t wait to see where this leads.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

My co-worker completed Route B, watched the following teaser cinematic and promptly uninstalled the game cause he thought that was a trailer for another game and said the ending felt incomplete because he is profoundly loving retarded. That is the definition of a gently caress rear end if you ask me!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Inspector Hound posted:

MAJOR HUGE SPOILER AHEAD

there is a lot of fuckery that happens from there that is hinted at in the first and second levels. It is not a ‘Merica gently caress yeah game at all. Honestly it’s on the level of the COD4 nuke for me.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

How about a PSTV?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Jerry Cotton posted:

How about a PSTV?

PS1 games are basically unplayable on my PSTV, the games stutter every 10 seconds or so. :(

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
For anyone who doesn’t know how RFG plays for anyone on the fence:

https://youtu.be/IcUBI-YVRY8

Spaaaace Assshole.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PS1 games are basically unplayable on my PSTV, the games stutter every 10 seconds or so. :(

Oh I played Metal Gear Solid on my PSTV (which I only got to play Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops) and it was fine :shrug:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

Oh I played Metal Gear Solid on my PSTV (which I only got to play Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops) and it was fine :shrug:

Yeah that's something wrong with their PSTV, I got no issues with PS1 games whatsoever.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Gravity Rush was beginning to bore me so I decided to finally give Odin Sphere Leifthrasir a spin and holy poo poo I severely underestimated how far they would go into remaking this game, it's like Muramasa 2 but it technically came out before Muramasa!? The combat is great, there are actual skills and abilities now instead of the same spells for everyone, exp and leveling actually mean something instead of just a bigger HP pool and the graphics are so sharp

I'm much less sad now that we didn't get the HD Muramasa on the Ps4, this is going to be one hell of a ride and can't wait to play the Mercedes chapter again!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Samuringa posted:

Gravity Rush was beginning to bore me so I decided to finally give Odin Sphere Leifthrasir a spin and holy poo poo I severely underestimated how far they would go into remaking this game, it's like Muramasa 2 but it technically came out before Muramasa!? The combat is great, there are actual skills and abilities now instead of the same spells for everyone, exp and leveling actually mean something instead of just a bigger HP pool and the graphics are so sharp

I'm much less sad now that we didn't get the HD Muramasa on the Ps4, this is going to be one hell of a ride and can't wait to play the Mercedes chapter again!

Oh poo poo, I loved Muramasa on the vita. I'll have to look into this.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Odin sphere is a top contender for best ps4 exclusive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I played Leifthrasir on Vita for the OLED color pop and the remake is incredible.