Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

idgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
It’s a reference to the original blade runner. That’s the quote the robot guy says at the end. That actor had bleached hair just like Hernandez.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

It’s a quote from the ending of Blade Runner. He looks like the character quoted.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Shrapnig posted:

Yes.

It's also a 48 team World Cup.
Which means the entirety of the Caribbean is going to qualify. Haiti will finally be back where they belong, among the best teams in the world.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Flayer posted:

Which means the entirety of the Caribbean is going to qualify. Haiti will finally be back where they belong, among the best teams in the world.
Don’t think that’ll happen, most of the spots will be taken by other continents

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Vegetable posted:

Don’t think that’ll happen, most of the spots will be taken by other continents

They're going from 3.5 to 6 and there'll be a playoff for an extra space in which the host confederation gets two slots and everyone else (bar UEFA) get 1 so they could have 7 at the tournament, but 3 will get in as hosts, so qualifying might be weird for that confederation.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Mickolution posted:

They're going from 3.5 to 6 and there'll be a playoff for an extra space in which the host confederation gets two slots and everyone else (bar UEFA) get 1 so they could have 7 at the tournament, but 3 will get in as hosts, so qualifying might be weird for that confederation.

6 teams from CONCACAF looks like a large number of teams from CONCACAF for a single tournament

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Just skip the group stages and imagine the World Cup changed into a 32 team knockout tournament.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Alexeythegreat posted:

6 teams from CONCACAF looks like a large number of teams from CONCACAF for a single tournament

My favorite part of this is that it just means that everyone that makes it to the final qualifying stage in CONCACAF in the current format gets in. They should probably change it but lol if they don't.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Extra groups or larger groups?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

TraderStav posted:

Extra groups or larger groups?

Extra, smaller, groups.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
BAJS

oh this isnt the bajs thread sorry

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

look at this loving pleeb

goomsnarr
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, yeah...
I take it from all the shouting, fireworks and uhm "singing" that I can hear from my back garden that the England team has done...something....

Oh, a win. On penalties.

I really really hope that England don't get to the final. The oiks would be unbearable.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

goomsnarr posted:

I take it from all the shouting, fireworks and uhm "singing" that I can hear from my back garden that the England team has done...something....

Oh, a win. On penalties.

I really really hope that England don't get to the final. The oiks would be unbearable.

You sound like a oval office hth

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

goomsnarr posted:

Oh, a win. On penalties.

Thank you for your contribution, now kindly gently caress off.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

goomsnarr posted:

Oh, a win. On penalties.

Cool, eat chain

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
danny murphy is the sole reason i want england to lose. christ how the gently caress is he a commentator.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
You guys bit hard on that bait.

I still am an England doubter, but I will say it was cool to see them win on penalties finally. Sweden is a great match up for them, and they have a shot against Croatia. If Croatia lose to Russia this World Cup will match Korea levels of corruption and there’s no way England wins against that.

Other side is anyone’s guess. They are all unconvincing with moments of luck or brilliance.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Every win is just a prolonging of my anxiety; I know we’re getting booted out, but when? The closer to the final, the more hurtful it’ll get.

Hoping for Croatia. I had completely forgot they went to the final back in ‘98, until my Croatian girlfriend pointed it out. I’m going there in August would be cool if the country is riding that winning-high.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
When you realise that there's no matches for two days

https://i.imgur.com/Pa7IMxQ.mp4

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

goomsnarr posted:

Oh, a win. On penalties.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

goomsnarr posted:

Oh, a win. On penalties.

Lol, where's this from?

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

BigglesSWE posted:

Hoping for Croatia. I had completely forgot they went to the final back in ‘98, until my Croatian girlfriend pointed it out. I’m going there in August would be cool if the country is riding that winning-high.

The ride is already here and we only passed 1/8 finals. The national team is the top story in most of the media not only in game days but all the time. And I'm pretty confident we'll be in top 3. When that happens the chequered hysteria will be unbearable.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Have people forgiven Modric & Lovren yet?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

goomsnarr posted:

Oh, a win. On penalties.

Go England!!

Important note: Tomorrow I won't be as much of a fan of you and your historical imperialism, so, seize the day.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

peanut- posted:

Have people forgiven Modric & Lovren yet?

The haters are against the whole team, not just these two. They call the team the 'ATMs' because Modric and/or Lovren used to withdraw money from ATMs to give it as cash to Mamić. They also call the supporters of the team 'hatters', because if you support the national team then supposedly you only follow football two weeks every other year and you come to the game with a funny chequered hat. A plastic, basically.

I don't know if the haters started forgiving but they are getting quieter.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
No team in the lower bracket scored more than a goal in any of the RO16 match :psyduck:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
wheres the football

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

CyberPingu posted:

No team in the lower bracket scored more than a goal in any of the RO16 match :psyduck:

ça arrive à la maison

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Kurtofan posted:

wheres the football

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
The answer is: on its way home, btw.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Kurtofan posted:

wheres the football

It'll be here tomor... Ow :(

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

BigglesSWE posted:

Hoping for Croatia. I had completely forgot they went to the final back in ‘98, until my Croatian girlfriend pointed it out.

your croatian GIRLDFRIEND is wrong

they lost to france in the semis in 98

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
She sounds made up TBF.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Sounds like she's used to disappointing semis, good news for you lmao

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

sebzilla posted:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

sebzilla posted: