Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

TheScott2K posted:

The only good use of the love language thing is to use it to tune into how your partner is already showing their love for you. The people who turn it into conflict fuel are morons.

Where I got married asked folks to do a marriage preparation course. That was the first place I heard of the love language thing at all. You ranked things that were important to you. It all seemed fairly sensible and you know it does give you some insights into yourself and your partner. But then I came on here and see everyone seems to hate them which was initially quite confusing because it seemed totally harmless. But then you read the insane love language stories and it all begins to fall into place. Like in that one, she describes that he like physical touch, but all her examples of showing that she loves him are her buying him things, she does try to say she caters to him as well but without much in the way of examples.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jul 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
A lot of people aren't equipped to have healthy adult relationships at all and they have a tendency to find similarly deficient people to fail with. And thank God for that, for it gives us r/relationships

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

What's love language

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Fartbox posted:

What's love language

the passive aggressive back and forth between two sad human beings caught in a monogamous relationship

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
It's supposed to be a simple way to explain why different people in a relationship value different expressions of love.

Like a guy might fix his wife's car to show he cares where a woman might buy a birthday card. A new coat of paint to the "Women are from Venus" line of thinking.

It should be used to foster communication between two people and allow them to make a bit of effort to understand what their partner wants while understanding their gestures have equal value.

Of course it's quickly gotten to 'my love language is to be completely catered to every second' or the other extreme 'his love language is loving all my friends how do we resolve this while respecting his boundaries'

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
My(31F) Boyfriend (32M) texts me that he wants to have sex with his friend

quote:

New boyfriend of two weeks, 32M, 31F. We had exclusive conversations about our status before getting into a relationship. I made it clear I wanted monogamy, he claimed that's exactly what he wants too. We agreed if we wanted to do threesomes, we'd need to talk extensively about it and set strict and clear boundaries, and LATER on in the relationship.

Well my bf just TEXTS me if it's okay if he messes around sexually with his friend while hanging out. I told him if that's what he wants, then he should go ahead but then we'll have to break up, because Ist of all, too early in the relationship for that. 2nd, we need to talk about it AND establish boundaries, 3rd, I'm not even there nor have I ever met this said friend. 4th, that doesn't sound like monogamy. I'm furious at this point because this is clearly not a text message conversation. And we literally just had a conversation about this topic. He then says I'm "loving nuts" for being upset and wanting to throw away the relationship and he's sorry he even asked. That he was being considerate by asking for my permission. Mind you, this happened at midnight, he KNOWS I work at 630am.

I'm I crazy for being furious? Is this not wrong in ALL LEVELS? I need honest opinions please! Because I'm ready to walk away from this non-existent relationship. He presented himself as this super sweet guy, and he has been up until yesterday. I just want to know if I'm the only one who thinks this is BS and warrants a breakup!

Tl;DR : boyfriend of two weeks texts me to tell me he wants to have sex with his friend and thinks I'm nuts for being upset or wanting to breakup

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
lmao at being 30 years old and still being mentally 15

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I met this dude 2 weeks ago and now he wants to gently caress other women. Is this a red flag? Please help i cant think or form opinions at all because i am a doormat

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I mean, he texted her and asked before doing it. She doesn't sound very cool. His love language is communication

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Fartbox posted:

"I want advice from grognards and children""

You've come to the right shop, brother

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

quote:

Well my bf just TEXTS me if it's okay if he messes around sexually with his friend while hanging out. I told him if that's what he wants, then he should go ahead but then we'll have to break up, because Ist of all, too early in the relationship for that. 2nd, we need to talk about it AND establish boundaries, 3rd, I'm not even there nor have I ever met this said friend. 4th, that doesn't sound like monogamy.

Ultimatums are abuse.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Fatkraken posted:

r/relationships: my CIA skills is over the roof and haven’t caught him with lies

she assassinates foreign heads of state to destabilize the countries around her in order to further her own economic agenda

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Me: Hey Billy, I'm having a dang good time with you after 2 weeks. Just letting you know I'm into monogamy.
Billy: Yeah, that's good with me. I really like you and I'm into monogamy only.
Billy: Actually, it's midnight and I'm horny as hell. Is it okay if I mess around with my friend?
Me: No.
Billy: How could you do this to me?!! I thought we had an amazing relationship built on trust and communication!

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Me: Hey Billy, I'm having a dang good time with you after 2 weeks. Just letting you know I'm into monogamy.
Billy: Actually, it's midnight and I'm horny as hell. Is it okay if I mess around with my friend?
Billy: How could you do this to me?!! I thought we had an amazing relationship built on trust and communication!

Yeah, dude sounds like a real piece of work.

It's all about that sweet steady strange. People just don't appreciate each other anymore.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

She's just teaching him not to ask next time

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Why would you relashe with someone when you just want to bang around and have the social ability to do so?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

TheScott2K posted:

Why would you relashe with someone when you just want to bang around and have the social ability to do so?

"Can I gently caress you?"
"No, I only gently caress my boyfriends."
"Well..."

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My husband [27M] spends all his time drawing and no time for us [25F], I’m not sure how to approach this

quote:

We’ve been married for a year and a half and together for about 4 for context.

I’m not sure how I can approach this because I know he’s always been very passionate about art but we just haven’t been spending time together at all as of late, we practically only see each other when we have dinner and go to bed; he wakes up before me, goes off to work as I’m just getting up at like 7am, comes back around 6pm and then plops down infront of his desk and draws till 11pm. Weekends we used to go out in but as of the last few months he’s insisted that he spends it at home, again, drawing.

The reason for this is because there’s been an increase in people’s interest in his work and he feels the need to keep putting out to meet the demand, he’s also been taking lots of commissions from people online and some projects.
Thing is, he doesn’t need to do all this, he works as an engineer and makes three times an average household doing so. I could quit my job and it would barely hurt our finances. But he insists on doing it either way even though what he currently makes from his commissions and work is barely anything at all.
There’s also the annoying fact that he’s always secretive about the stuff he draws, like sometimes I want to see what he spends all his time doing but he just keeps hiding it or refusing to show me, apparently he hates showing people his stuff in-person and tells me that only a handful of people who have seen his stuff know him by his actual name.

I get that it’s his passion and all and I want to see him happy but he never wants to leave the house and we barely spend any time together anymore and I just don’t know how to approach it.

tldr: Husband now spends all his time either drawing or at work, he doesn’t need to do it as we already have our finances in check, and we barely see each other in a day anymore. I know he’s passionate but I just don’t know how to handle this.

Lol your boyfriend is drawing furries loving.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Might as well break up anyway since he was going to gently caress her no matter how you responded.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

La Brea Carpet posted:

My husband [27M] spends all his time drawing and no time for us [25F], I’m not sure how to approach this

Lol your boyfriend is drawing furries loving.

She married Shmorky

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

she assassinates foreign heads of state to destabilize the countries around her in order to further her own economic agenda

give her my number, im a supervillain

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Anony Mouse posted:

A few pages late but I had to dig it up again because I'm the one who originally found this gem lol

My [22F] boyfriend [23M] hates my clothes.

God reading this is like nails on a chalkboard.

The comments are even crazier on it, she keeps doubling down and telling people it's "wrong" that he has an opinion and should just like anything, even if he's lying to her :psyduck:

https://www.reddit.com/user/myclothesmybody/comments

Dienes posted:

Might as well break up anyway since he was going to probably hosed her already no matter how you responded.

ftfy

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 4, 2018

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Fartbox posted:

I met this dude 2 weeks ago and now he wants to gently caress other women. Is this a red flag? Please help i cant think or form opinions at all because i am a doormat

As far as I can see the friend’s gender isn’t specified. Maybe he just wants to gently caress men too!

gently caress sake woman it’s been 2 weeks. Spirit of Pete, endow this woman with thy mighty HA HA NOPE.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Haifisch posted:

My (24F) boyfriend (25M) has no apparent interest in my love language...

...sex bell...

"Cooommme aaaaannnnd geeetit!"
Dingdingdingdingding

Fake Edit : oh. Apparently you can buy one from Walmart and it is a service bell.

My (24F) boyfriend's (25M) love language is pinafore...

loquacius posted:

Ok wait

What's a sex bell though

Not sure I want it in my search history

e: my wife doesn't know either but guessed it's like a dinner bell but for sex

"Come and get it!!!"

I thought it was so dumb to list as a thoughtful gift, I didn't even finish reading the post. Great minds think alike, I guess.

I mean, I know sex is awesome and telling your partner that you like to have it with them a lot is a good thing, but a sex bell seems like it would be one aisle over from the fake cat vomit in a gag gift store.

Bored fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 4, 2018

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
the world is stupid

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Bored posted:

Dingdingdingdingding

Fake Edit : oh. Apparently you can buy one from Walmart and it is a service bell.

Nothing fancy about it. Figure a regular bell would work just the same.

A sex horn would be more original.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Bored posted:

Dingdingdingdingding

Those things don't work, I've been ringing mine for days now, and nobodies shown up.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Universe Master posted:

Those things don't work, I've been ringing mine for days now, and nobodies shown up.

You need to send out a sex SOS.

Maybe use all the dildos and make a sign on your yard that can be seen from above.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Bored posted:

Dingdingdingdingding

I thought it was so dumb to list as a thoughtful gift, I didn't even finish reading the post. Great minds think alike, I guess.

I mean, I know sex is awesome and telling your partner that you like to have it with them a lot is a good thing, but a sex bell seems like it would be one aisle over from the fake cat vomit in a gag gift store.

They could at least paint it to look like a titty jfc you assholes,. you maroons

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Salty Josh posted:

Nothing fancy about it. Figure a regular bell would work just the same.

Sorry you're stuck tooting your own horn.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Ring My Bell
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=URAqnM1PP5E

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

BOOTY-ADE posted:

The comments are even crazier on it, she keeps doubling down and telling people it's "wrong" that he has an opinion and should just like anything, even if he's lying to her :psyduck:

https://www.reddit.com/user/myclothesmybody/comments

ftfy

:thunk:

quote:

myclothesmybody
-14 points
5 months ago
Yes but let's look at what he LIKES. When I asked, he said he misses my long hair and the times that I wore dresses. I asked him about an outfit of mine that he enjoys and he mentioned a VERY highly femininely coded outfit I wore in college. I guess I just thought he was a bit more progressive than that. Apparently his "tastes" just jive with the patriarchal implications of femme-bodied presentation abit too well...

i mean if she's using words like "femme" and "presentation" in this context she's maybe just got some more complicated gender situation going on and denies it/doesn't know it yet right

"myclothesmybody" is pretty lol though, like some "first amendment means you can't be mad at what i say" poo poo

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Universe Master posted:

You need to level up with a gently caress Triangle.

okay it's not actually a triangle, but it clearly attracts the fucks

Salty Josh posted:

LOL!

https://youtu.be/Uh6TpkEd_Oc

Toot...toooooot! Gimmeablow job!

Bored fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 4, 2018

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bored posted:

It even seems a little demanding depending on who is meant to be ringing it, like, if one partner buys it for the other to ring vs if one partner buys it and says "ok, when I ring this it's gently caress time and you come running, teehee, what a fun gift"

Either way I don't think anybody is actually using the sex bell and I don't think it's worth putting in a big list of Love Gifts

e: sex vuvuzela

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Bored posted:

You need to level up with a gently caress Triangle.

okay it's not actually a triangle, but it clearly attracts the fucks

Looks like the start to a Nine Inch Nails music video.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Bored posted:

https://youtu.be/Uh6TpkEd_Oc

Toot...toooooot! Gimmeablow job!

More like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dENYJbN1z4

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Salty Josh posted:

Looks like the start to a Nine Inch Nails music video.

I actually tracked down the performance that gif came from a few years back. The whole thing's weird and funny. I don't know if it is all supposed to be funny.

:nws: for arte. (The women wear pasties and a diaper thingy)
https://youtu.be/GNh9488y0WI

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Bored posted:

I actually tracked down the performance that gif came from a few years back. The whole thing's weird and funny. I don't know if it is all supposed to be funny.

God drat....

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Bored posted:

New Deus Ex prequel looking good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Time to brainstorm the different types of sex horns

First time with.new partner: trumpet fanfare
Known infidelity : car alarm
loving your cousin: Dukes of Hazzard Dixie horn
While sexytiming, the candles are knocked over: fire truck claxon