Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"Its a great community if you ignore the alt-right meltdowns and transphobic slurs" is uh, a hell of a pitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Danaru posted:

"Its a great community if you ignore the alt-right meltdowns and transphobic slurs" is uh, a hell of a pitch

SA offsite chat/forums don't have the best track record in general so this doesn't surprise me

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

TOOT BOOT posted:

SA offsite chat/forums don't have the best track record in general so this doesn't surprise me

DPPH was alright

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
gbs is full of communists tho

it is just also full of anarcho-capitalists

you must always be prepared for your thread on how many hairs are on your nutsack to suddenly become the front line in their eternal shitposting war

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Yesterday was the first I had ever heard that the term "traps" was now offensive. But just lol if you don't see GBS as full of commies.

e. And to clarify further: I apologise for the use of that word if it offended anyone, but I hate to inform you that not eveyrbody's politics aligns with the current state of GBS. A couple goons having a 1-off conversation about it and the current state of the SA forums hardly qualifies as an "Alt right meltdown" and neither does it turn it to "hot garbage."

I suggest we avoid political discussions at all and stick to gaming - which is what 90% of that conversation was anyway.

Tinfoil Papercut fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jul 5, 2018

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
You probably should, in the overchill discord if we talk politics and it annoys someone we just stop, tbh.

Not worth it, gaming is better.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

dogstile posted:

gaming is better.

:agreed:

Gaming brings everyone together across all political, racial, and sexual preferences for the universal enjoyment of dismembering each other.

It truly is a wonderful thing.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Also to complete the circle of love I suggest we post some Bailey Jay in the rule 34.

....not that I know who that is. *laughs nervously*

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I at least had the foresight to create #SpraytansandPisstapes on the CYOA discord

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Hexenritter posted:

I at least had the foresight to create #SpraytansandPisstapes on the CYOA discord

You should register that domain too.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Wanderer posted:

This is the sort of game where QA is a laborious process and you're guaranteed to not catch everything, since it's entirely emergent and there are a lot of context-sensitive commands. It's not like a single-player game where a lot of the environment is binary and you've planned most of the encounters; it's a giant kitten-pile of potential conflicts and the only way forward is to fix on fail.

If they played the game literally once they would have caught the spray bug.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

weekly font posted:

If they played the game literally once they would have caught the spray bug.

You can generally assume that there's somebody at a software development studio who has played their own game.

What's more likely is that they managed to break something right before sending out the release candidate, they knew about it and it got lost in the shuffle, something even worse got all the attention (i.e. hard crashes), or there was some other form of high weirdness. It's not like developers want a buggy game.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Wanderer posted:

You can generally assume that there's somebody at a software development studio who has played their own game.

What's more likely is that they managed to break something right before sending out the release candidate, they knew about it and it got lost in the shuffle, something even worse got all the attention (i.e. hard crashes), or there was some other form of high weirdness. It's not like developers want a buggy game.

But is so much easier to just yell at the developers because they aren't fixing everything right this moment and also we should condem them for being lazy and not giving us new content.

Twitter was a mistake is what I'm saying.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

joylessdivision posted:

But is so much easier to just yell at the developers because they aren't fixing everything right this moment and also we should condem them for being lazy and not giving us new content.

Twitter was a mistake is what I'm saying.

Whoa, hey. This also happens on Facebook, which was also a mistake.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
It would be really cool if you could unlock Jasons offline

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
dude i love bugs i wish i could marry them

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

codenameFANGIO posted:

Whoa, hey. This also happens on Facebook, which was also a mistake.

Also Reddit.

The internet was a mistake.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Coolguye posted:

dude i love bugs i wish i could marry them

Burk would need to convert to Mormonism

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Burk would need to convert to Mormonism

See I was trying to figure out how to make this joke

But the glitches were in me all along

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Burkion posted:

See I was trying to figure out how to make this joke

But the glitches were in me all along

Excuse u this is a Christian thread about a hillbilly killing teens so please dont discuss your nightlife

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

widespread posted:

Excuse u this is a Christian thread about a hillbilly killing teens so please dont discuss your nightlife

No kinkshaming please

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

as friday the 13th the game players, we are all bugchasers

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I was thinking about playing this again, but apparently the game's dead because of a bullshit lawsuit? That's a shame, I had lots of fun with it.

Although I never understood the people who thought killing Jason is a big deal. :v:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Cythereal posted:

I was thinking about playing this again, but apparently the game's dead because of a bullshit lawsuit? That's a shame, I had lots of fun with it.

Although I never understood the people who thought killing Jason is a big deal. :v:

well, it's not dead, it's going to stay buyable and playable, but they're not allowed to update anymore which sucks

still a lot of fun

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

They're allowed to fix bugs though, so we might eventually reach the mythical stable state the game's been chasing since launch.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Lurdiak posted:

They're allowed to fix bugs though, so we might eventually reach the mythical stable state the game's been chasing since launch.

:lol:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Well that was the trickiest Jason move I've ever seen. Jason is near a Tommy and a Kenny. Jason mysteriously stops what he's doing and stands perfectly still. Tommy seems puzzled, then creeps up on him. Kenny comes barreling in with a bat. Kenny swings. Jason bamfs out, Kenny nails Tommy in the face.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
It's a shame they'll never to be able to release the Jason X content. That last map looked sweet. http://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/check-footage-friday-13th-games-jason-map-play/

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Happy this game day

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Happy this game day

KI KI KI

MA MA MA

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/1017861503737909248

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Man, this game has gotten super buggy recently. And not even in the fun way, like hackers running amuck and mass players dropping at the start of matches.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Played this for the first time in a month today.

Escaped on the boat within the first 5 minutes, sat and waited for the game to finish, with 3 minutes left Jason finally grabs the last person.

They are the host and loving quit even though the game was over and everyone gets the shaft.

I loved you game, but gently caress you.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

TheBizzness posted:

Played this for the first time in a month today.

Escaped on the boat within the first 5 minutes, sat and waited for the game to finish, with 3 minutes left Jason finally grabs the last person.

They are the host and loving quit even though the game was over and everyone gets the shaft.

I loved you game, but gently caress you.

Played a couple rounds last night where I managed to spawn in as Tiffany, do basically nothing and still escaped in the car. Also hosed up a Jason kill because the idiot with the sweater wouldn't just hit Jason. Or trigger the sweater for while I'm running around screaming at them to use the god drat sweater.

I'm never going to get that achievement.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

joylessdivision posted:

Played a couple rounds last night where I managed to spawn in as Tiffany, do basically nothing and still escaped in the car. Also hosed up a Jason kill because the idiot with the sweater wouldn't just hit Jason. Or trigger the sweater for while I'm running around screaming at them to use the god drat sweater.

I'm never going to get that achievement.

The person with the sweater can't hit Jason anymore. They're locked into the sweater animation until Jason mashes out of the stun so someone else has to hit him with a bat.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Played a game where as Vickie I ran around and dropped parts by the car because it's Vickie, what is she gonna do, repair with her 3 stat? Car eventually gets fixed, cops are called, guy in the car goes around running over everyone at the exit. Following conversation ensues

Fairly Relaxed Guy: Why would you even do that

Manic Shithead: Because none of you fixed the car, gently caress you. Running around dropping parts, gently caress you, you die

Me: I am Vickie. Her repair is rear end. You wanted me to fix the car?

Manic Shithead: Let's see, my repair is even worse. Yes, you fix the car, if you don't, gently caress you.

Me: So because my repair is terrible and your repair is slightly more terrible, we're going to ignore that we had a Deb who could have...y'know what, why am I talking to you

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

DeathChicken posted:

Played a game where as Vickie I ran around and dropped parts by the car because it's Vickie, what is she gonna do, repair with her 3 stat? Car eventually gets fixed, cops are called, guy in the car goes around running over everyone at the exit. Following conversation ensues

Fairly Relaxed Guy: Why would you even do that

Manic Shithead: Because none of you fixed the car, gently caress you. Running around dropping parts, gently caress you, you die

Me: I am Vickie. Her repair is rear end. You wanted me to fix the car?

Manic Shithead: Let's see, my repair is even worse. Yes, you fix the car, if you don't, gently caress you.

Me: So because my repair is terrible and your repair is slightly more terrible, we're going to ignore that we had a Deb who could have...y'know what, why am I talking to you

People like that need to be sterilized before they can reproduce.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
At least it's still marginally better than the people who team kill because "lol epicalilly trolled :)" which actual adults still somehow consider fun. You sure got me good by running me over while screaming the N-word, guy who somehow never outgrew 4chan.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I think I could accept that somewhat more than a dude going into a player killing shitfit because terrible repair people didn't get themselves killed setting off nonstop fail buzzers in Jason's ear. I mean the one guy is a troll, the other is a guy angrily convinced that the way to win this game is the stupidest method.

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Regrettable posted:

The person with the sweater can't hit Jason anymore. They're locked into the sweater animation until Jason mashes out of the stun so someone else has to hit him with a bat.

Oh well drat didn't realize that.

It was still a pretty fun cluster gently caress match all things considered.

• Locked thread