Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

What are the lvl recommendations for the dlc? 14 here.

30+, the story takes you to around that level range there before it ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

What are the lvl recommendations for the dlc? 14 here.

yeah its the 30s, both are pretty much postgame khantent

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The DLC fighting is harder than the regular game. Keep getting my rear end kicked by panthers

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i think i walked into a dlc area in velen becasue level 32 corrupt knights attacked me but i almost beat them after 10 minmutes slowly whittling all 15 of them down until a laser guided crossbow bolt did a full health bar worth of damage oops

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Keira went in a magic portal to the witcher land so I won't be seeing her for a while

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Misty morning clouds in the sky
Without warning
The Witcher walks by

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lol Gourmet really is OP as a mf, but I don't feel bad using it cos the combat stinks

I also respecced into pure quick atks

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

also i miss the original title music, it was way better.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah 30 plus for the dlc. I’d say do heart of stone before finishing the game, and blood and wine after.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The playable Ciri sections in this game suck rear end

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

this

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

All these chucklefucks want ciri in the new cyberpunk game theyre making and even the like lead designer audibly groaned at that question in an interview lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

yeah

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

She gets more powers but she's just always way more fragile than your geralt.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Cool power in the red tree: the one that revives you with full health if you have 1 bar of adrenaline.

Incosistent sometimes after that first free revive, usually I keep getting full health over and over again, sometimes it doesn't proc the 2nd time.

It might be on a timer like the execution skill is.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

She gets more powers but she's just always way more fragile than your geralt.

yeah shes supposed to be really OP with her teleporting and high damage but she's squishy and doesn't have any fast healing method so it turns into a slog the moment you gently caress up

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm really loving blood and wine but I got to the point where I don't care about sidequests anymore, time to finish up this and then finish the main game.

100+ hours is a good game to me, though.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

I'm really loving blood and wine but I got to the point where I don't care about sidequests anymore, time to finish up this and then finish the main game.

100+ hours is a good game to me, though.

i hope you didn't miss this

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

HORMELCHILI posted:

All these chucklefucks want ciri in the new cyberpunk game theyre making and even the like lead designer audibly groaned at that question in an interview lol

I agree with everything he said about that

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Finished the Triss storyline for now, man she is an awful character. Whoever chooses Triss as a wife has brain problems for real.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Finished the Triss storyline for now, man she is an awful character. Whoever chooses Triss as a wife has brain problems for real.

:cheers: gently caress her man.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Triss is a rapist.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

She's just so bland compared to everyone else. The random NPCs you run into have more character than she does. She reacts like a loving Bitch to literally every possible dialogue option. Go back to your CW fantasy series you boring oval office.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

She's just so bland compared to everyone else. The random NPCs you run into have more character than she does. She reacts like a loving Bitch to literally every possible dialogue option. Go back to your CW fantasy series you boring oval office.

Lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

She's like every female mage trope in one, and I can't shake the feeling she was designed after some devs gently caress fantasy.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The girls haven’t really been rocking my world thus far. I liked the Var Artre sister but Geralt decided she sucks and I’m powerless to stop him.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

The girls haven’t really been rocking my world thus far. I liked the Var Artre sister but Geralt decided she sucks and I’m powerless to stop him.

I liked her too, but if I remove myself from my RP, my wife choice would be Ciri. As Geralt however, that's weird and gross.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Ves, IMHO.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i told triss to leave o nher boat but in doing so i ruined many other ppls lives oops

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i'm fighting these spiders in hearts of stone and th ecombat has gone from tolerable to loving awful becasue they move super fast and jump a lot

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yen is a good strong wife who would take care of me . Same reason Lulu is my FFX Wife

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Didn't Triss cast a love spell over Geralt in the older games?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

THere's a hot babe in the DLC forget her name.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
triss's biggest problem is she has a generic american accent when everyone else is some kind of filthy welshman or something. and dandelion is yosuke from persona 4 ? or his doppelganger?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'm fighting these spiders in hearts of stone and th ecombat has gone from tolerable to loving awful becasue they move super fast and jump a lot

when you get to do blood and wine put some points in yrden and the moon dust bomb or i will fear for your health, its real tough without them

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I loving lost it at the very end, last 30 frames of blood and wine.

I love this game so much.

All I have left is to finish it.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

mysterious loyall X posted:

Spiders are very annoyingh 2 fight

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Done. Super good.

The pacing in the main story is a bit odd, the 2nd zone stuff I wasn't into and the ending drags a bit but its exciting enough.

Heart of Stone is a really simple expansion and story but except for a bit of a long quest near the end felt the most complete and satisfying to finish cause the main character in it rules.

Blood and Wine is messier but is a huge expansion that I didn't even see half of, theres a lot to do in it, and it also has a really great ending.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

110ish hours, geralt at level 52.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Despite my complaints, I still think this game is fully sick. I'm just now finally doing the School Gear treasure hunts now. Cat school quest was loving gnarly dude lol, shitt. Felt bad yet good about killing that dude. gently caress.

• Locked thread