Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

5er posted:

Soon as you fill it out with the other requisite legendary pieces, you're a portable WMD.

I can't ever go back since season 12. I managed to get every peice of that build as an ancient. The power was amazing, is amazing. She's off-season now so I doubt I'll ever touch her again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

5er posted:

Soon as you fill it out with the other requisite legendary pieces, you're a portable WMD.

I'm trying to figure it out without peeking, but it's a bit hard without knowing what's available. Right now I'm just trying to keep the Wave of Light cost manageable.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Rinkles posted:

I'm trying to figure it out without peeking, but it's a bit hard without knowing what's available. Right now I'm just trying to keep the Wave of Light cost manageable.

Just get every Wave of Light item. The belt should be very obvious as well

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Rinkles posted:

You only use 5 of the 6 sunwuko pieces

There are two weapons for the build

You can use two different belts based on preference

One of the runes for Wave of Light does about triple the damage of the others

The boots don't seem like they have anything to do with the build at all

Don't forget to use the one legendary gem that is so powerful its used in literally every build of every class

Also with a very specific setup of cube powers and passives, you'll be able to chuck infinite bells at enemies without even equipping a primary generator skill

Good luck! Bust out the Excel spreadsheets!!

deano
Sep 6, 2000

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Don't forget to use the one legendary gem that is so powerful its used in literally every build of every class

Also with a very specific setup of cube powers and passives, you'll be able to chuck infinite bells at enemies without even equipping a primary generator skill

I don't care bout peeking, would you have a link to the info for this sounds rather fun.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Here is one from Angry_roleplayer.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm not sure how snarky you intended this to be, but it's actually useful, so thanks.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

A note I would like to add here, for the belt, Kyoshiro's Soul is a must for stress-reduction using a build like this outside of GR pushing. Keeping the Sweeping Wind stacks up for the WoL synergy bonus damage is where your most significant damage output comes from, and it can be a real bitch to keep on top of doing anything that doesn't have consistently high population density.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

5er posted:

A note I would like to add here, for the belt, Kyoshiro's Soul is a must for stress-reduction using a build like this outside of GR pushing. Keeping the Sweeping Wind stacks up for the WoL synergy bonus damage is where your most significant damage output comes from, and it can be a real bitch to keep on top of doing anything that doesn't have consistently high population density.

loving this.

You know when the unstoppable monk of mad destruction suddenly starts hitting things with a wet towel?

That'll be out of wind. Witching hour is all fine and good for the big numbers, but keeping the wind at 9/10 at all times is key.

Also, finally got a useful monk primal. -40 level required, only the best rolls!

Just how worth it is it to get the super-rare elite damage reduction re-roll?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah... the Guides/Optimal poo poo are really oriented around squeezing out that highest possible Grift (like 110+) in 14:59:88.

Trading power for convenience is cool and good. There's no need to run a leaderboard-topping build to farm GR80s or do T13 bounties as long as your speed build can handle it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Does anyone use the strictly defensive legendary gems?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Rinkles posted:

Some builds use Esoteric Alteration. It's more common for builds to use the hybrid attack/defense gems like Taeguk or Zei's Stone of Vengeance (stunning an enemy is sort of soft damage mitigation)

Enemy health goes up far faster than enemy damage so it's common for almost all builds and all classes to eventually adopt a "glass cannon" playstyle with offensive gems.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Used a molten wildebeest early on in the season before all my pieces came together.
At that time rifting was basically "Nobody in here can kill the other fast enough"

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I'm mostly curious just to be curious, but does anyone know how stacking procs on gear interact with each other? My barbarian has 2% chance to freeze on a weapon and 4% on her belt, so I'm wondering if that's one 6% roll or a 2% roll and a 4% roll separately.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Well my bonestorm necro has kind of stalled out at GR76, I can beat it in 8-9 minutes without dying (usually) but trying to go higher isn't going to work very well. I'm running Tragouls/Aquila/Krysbins in the cube with an ancient Reilena's scythe, level 70 gems (Toxin, Bleed, and Trapped), Unity, COE, Kalans amulet, Dayntee's belt and ancient Nemesis bracers, all very well rolled for this build. My enchantress follower has all the available CC skills and items to help with the Krysbins damage multiplier.

Is there anything obvious that would boost my damage considerably? I think I have the toughness to survive higher level grifts but the damage has really plateaued and the only way to kill elite packs in a reasonable amount of time is with Land of the Dead + Corpse Lance spam.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What's the best way to replenish basic crafting materials (non-DB)? Multiplayer Rifts?

I may have gone overboard with upgrading rares and enchanting. I now have 6 times as many DB as veiled crystals (though part of that was converting crystals into reusable parts).

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Pick up white items. They yield 7-12 white mats. Convert white mats to blue/yellow as needed.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Suspicious posted:

Pick up white items. They yield 7-12 white mats. Convert white mats to blue/yellow as needed.

But that'll still take ages.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Do a few runs of pandemonium battlefield and loot all the armor racks.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

But that'll still take ages.

Quickest it'll ever be done though.
Pick up everything (EVERYTHING) and trash it when you're done.
Do it in a neph rift.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

woo

hoo

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
That was my first primal this season too

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Is this useful in anything cool?

(I cannot for the love of Ytar find an ancient bell monk weapon. Of course, it's strong enough without one, but still)

Gem crit bonuses from two 1-hand weapons stack, right?

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jul 5, 2018

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
That weapon is good for LTK builds which have generally fallen out of favor because they were not given the same power creep boost as the Bell monk. LTK could do up to maybe the 80s while Bells will take you to #1 on the leaderboard.

A shame really, because LTK can be pretty fun to play.

Also yes they do stack.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Rinkles posted:

Is this useful in anything cool?

(I cannot for the love of Ytar find an ancient bell monk weapon. Of course, it's strong enough without one, but still)

Gem crit bonuses from two 1-hand weapons stack, right?

Dameius posted:

A shame really, because LTK can be pretty fun to play.

LTK is fun but WOL is just so much more damage.

keep lookin' here is my season 13 monk
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Firebat-1864/hero/99362936
yes basically everything stacks in this game...
If you're having trouble finding the BELL weapons what you can do is convert all your Rare lvl 70 1-hand fist weapons that you find, to legendary fist weapons of that same level with the kcube. You might get lucky there are only a few Legendary fist weps... I think I got both mine that way. So good luck!

Don't forget to equip cindercoat and incense stick in your K-cube powers

Lets do Barbs for Season 14 (#NoMoreBarbs)

lets burn fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jul 5, 2018

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I am the worst person in the world at the Unhallowed Essence set dungeon. I've been working on it on and off again since set dungeons were new, and I just cannot get those six hits of 20 per multishot no matter what I do.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

lets burn posted:

LTK is fun but WOL is just so much more damage.

It really is a shame, because my first love with Monks was the Shenlong builds and I really enjoyed playing Wolfcryer's Burning Monk variant in Season 9-10. But after the power creep, those builds are functionally dead because Bells is just so god drat crazy good, and also really fun to play, to be fair. I just wish all the Monk builds were in the same tight GR band as the Barbarian ones.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I just started a new Season 14, lvl 1 barb today any goons who want to run me up to 70 contact me on battle.net
BT: Firebat#1864

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

lets burn posted:

I just started a new Season 14, lvl 1 barb today any goons who want to run me up to 70 contact me on battle.net
BT: Firebat#1864

Just join the LLJK Community (Not the Clan, the Community) and ask anyone in there for a PL. Alternatively, there are PL specific communities you can join and ask for one there if you want to work with pubs.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dameius posted:

LLJK Community

I forgot about 1337 Like Jeff K.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3611418

lets burn fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 5, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there anyone on Xbox that could PL my baby monk to 70 real quick this evening? :)

GT: R Carr

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Mind over Matter posted:

I am the worst person in the world at the Unhallowed Essence set dungeon. I've been working on it on and off again since set dungeons were new, and I just cannot get those six hits of 20 per multishot no matter what I do.

Get rid of your pets and followers and anything shooting rockets. You've also got to tumble around and herd things together in the handful of large, populated rooms so that there are mobs in your entire arc of multishot. And you have to be lucky. It took me maybe 10 tries, and this is the first time I've ever really put any time into DH.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

lets burn posted:

If you're having trouble finding the BELL weapons what you can do is convert all your Rare lvl 70 1-hand fist weapons that you find, to legendary fist weapons of that same level with the kcube. You might get lucky there are only a few Legendary fist weps... I think I got both mine that way. So good luck!

Yeah that's how I burned through my supply of crystals and dust. And, btw, how I got that primal.

borf
Apr 5, 2006

Mind over Matter posted:

I'm mostly curious just to be curious, but does anyone know how stacking procs on gear interact with each other? My barbarian has 2% chance to freeze on a weapon and 4% on her belt, so I'm wondering if that's one 6% roll or a 2% roll and a 4% roll separately.

Pretty sure it's all added to one "chance to freeze on hit" total, as long as both items say "freeze on hit" and not some specific skill.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

lets burn posted:

keep lookin' here is my season 13 monk
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Firebat-1864/hero/99362936
yes basically everything stacks in this game...

Don't forget to equip cindercoat and incense stick in your K-cube powers

I'm guessing that you have ROG as your Cube Jewelery?

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010
What can I do to increase my tankyness? I'm trying to push to GR 101 so I can hit the leaderboard but stuck at 96. I just hit a point where I die too easily and cant continue. I think my damage is ok because if I get to a shield shrine I'm able to clear decently fast. Do I need to move my paragon from STR to VIT?

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Sumerian-1387/hero/101319789

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

smarion2 posted:

What can I do to increase my tankyness? I'm trying to push to GR 101 so I can hit the leaderboard but stuck at 96. I just hit a point where I die too easily and cant continue. I think my damage is ok because if I get to a shield shrine I'm able to clear decently fast. Do I need to move my paragon from STR to VIT?

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Sumerian-1387/hero/101319789

Change coe in cube to unity and put unity on your follower

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I think I've only ever seen 5 total Unity drops in the entire time I've been playing this 69,420 year old game

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010

Vomik posted:

Change coe in cube to unity and put unity on your follower

Thats good advice and I usually do that but sitll not quite tanky enough. Anything else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Bell monk feels like someone added one too many zeros somewhere. It's awesome, but in a way exemplifies the worst of D3's build design. It's just pure number stacking. I like it when the power jump comes from some neat interaction of skills, or when it breaks the previously established rules. I'm saying "channeling now gives you free meteor spam" is cooler than "attack A is now 1000% more powerful and cheaper".

But it really is insane. Can't imagine doing any more farming with wizard after this. (Also, somehow feel a bit cheated that dash is functionally actually a teleport)